AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 22:52   Link #15301
Judoh
Mystery buff

Well I checked back and I didn't see anyone post it so here is another interesting screenshot from the Ep7 op

Spoiler for another one:

It's another one of those op easter eggs of the scene at the shed in episode 1. Except this one is without Battler and Hideyoshi and just has George. Hmmm.....
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 23:09   Link #15302
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Ah thanks Chronotrig, that's pretty directly from her.
However there's thus no mention at all she's a creator beside our own hopes and expectations?
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 08:50   Link #15303
fatalframe5

Without love.... the truth cannot be seen....
fatalframe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 09:39   Link #15304
fatalframe5

hey Anyone can tell me about Umineko Chiru ep7 Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee >"< . I need to know moreeeeeeeee , people side of anti-fantsyyyyyyyyyy
fatalframe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 09:50   Link #15305
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalframe5 View Post
hey Anyone can tell me about Umineko Chiru ep7 Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee >"< . I need to know moreeeeeeeee , people side of anti-fantsyyyyyyyyyy
Psssh I'm not anti-fantasy, I'm mystery!
And there is not too much that we know about EP7, but the OP is pretty cool and you should YouTube it. Also the portrait has been revealed; you can probably google that pretty easily.

Quite frankly, I think we will be able to find a solution (or something very close to one) in the next Episode. Seeing how close we are already, a couple of hints can confirm several of the forum's theories.

As for the guys on the portrait, I personally think it's Van Dine and one of his flamboyant male characters, or this "Witch-Hunting Wright" guy or whatever.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 10:25   Link #15306
LaplaceNoMa

While I agree that the blue guy is most certainly Van Dine, it's confirmed by the screenshots that the shemale character is a 'real-world' character. And, judging by several facts, s/he is definately related to Krauss/Natsuhi/Jessica.

Well, I'm pretty much convinced that this is 'the child from 19 years ago'.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 10:33   Link #15307
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
While I agree that the blue guy is most certainly Van Dine, it's confirmed by the screenshots that the shemale character is a 'real-world' character. And, judging by several facts, s/he is definately related to Krauss/Natsuhi/Jessica.

Well, I'm pretty much convinced that this is 'the child from 19 years ago'.
May I see the screenshots for this 'shemale' character please? And it seems even with the addition to the Ushiromiya family, would this contradict anything with reds and such? Also where can I find these facts of the character being relative to Krauss/Natsushi/Jessica?
Old 2010-08-05, 10:45   Link #15308
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Here are the screenshots I took from the OP

and then there's the portrait and the cover

Spoiler for EP7:

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2018-06-17 at 21:10.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 10:55   Link #15309
Leafsnail

It'd probably be Featherine's detective piece, since she'll be playing the human side next time (presumably). Wizard Hunting Wright would probably provide support in a similar way to DIanor (only using the Dine rules to murder any romance scenes as well).

My guess is that, if Shkannontrice is true, Bernkastel will show him/ her in an extremely unsympathetic light in episode 7 (possibly pretending to love George and Jessica just so they can get a bit more support for the murder ceremony). They'd probably also be portrayed as a petty idiot for letting the sin fester inside them for years and years (anyone else think Shannon's apparently perfect memory makes her the most likely one to remember what must've been a relatively minor sin 6 years before?).

Actually... does it bother anyone else that the end of episode 4 means "Beatrice" pretty much has to be a bomb, while earlier truths means she pretty much has to be a human?
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 10:57   Link #15310
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Bernkastel said from the start that Beatrice need not be only one person.

If there can be two Battlers, or two Kinzos, surely there can be many different people and things called "Beatrice."
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 12:25   Link #15311
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post

Actually... does it bother anyone else that the end of episode 4 means "Beatrice" pretty much has to be a bomb, while earlier truths means she pretty much has to be a human?
If the bomb is set up by Beato, then there is no problem. It's an indirect form of murder, but that wasn't denied.
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 12:53   Link #15312
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Actually, there is, because she claims that she "is here now", which is impossible unless she is the bomb.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 13:24   Link #15313
Sniesk
It's Hammertime!

"Beatrice" is just a concept, the embodyment of the rules of the world, as said by Bernkastel. So there is no problem in a part of "her" being a bomb and another part of "her" being the human that Battler meets.
Sniesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 13:38   Link #15314
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Beatrice is many things at once.

First of all she is the rule that anything not explained by human means = Beatrice. (Bomb or Volcano or pipeline blowing up fits that as well)

Second, she is "something" to many different characters. Basically she exists as a concept, and a concept is what you see it as. It's a bit like "god", everyone tend to have their own "view" on what it is, including the view that it doesn't exist (same for Beatrice again)

Third, there has been a serie of people who were called Beatrice, or had something in them being called Beatrice. Apparently never more then one at once, but that can hardly be proven.

Finally, if we go back to it's source, which I'm sure Kinzo knows about, Beatrice was to Dante a symbol of eternal inspiration far more then a real person (tho she WAS a real person). Interestingly enough, she married someone else then him.
Old 2010-08-05, 13:40   Link #15315
Rui Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Here are the screenshots I took from the OP

Spoiler for EP7 images:

and then there's the portrait and the cover

Spoiler for EP7:
Hmm....

Spoiler for Natsuhi and...:
Rui Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 13:46   Link #15316
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniesk View Post
"Beatrice" is just a concept, the embodyment of the rules of the world, as said by Bernkastel. So there is no problem in a part of "her" being a bomb and another part of "her" being the human that Battler meets.
Sure. But that isn't what I was addressing.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 14:04   Link #15317
Leafsnail

I actually suddenly thought the new girl could be Ange. IIRC there was a screenshot of Gohda preparing some porridge for poor, sick Ange. Since no other new character sprites seem to be forthcoming...

She doesn't look much like Ange, but then again, if Ange looked even remotely like her 1998 self in 1986, Battler would've surely recognised her instantly.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 14:08   Link #15318
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Ange is 6. Ryukishi can't draw and all, but I don't think that character is 6.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 14:18   Link #15319
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Guess I can't confirm this at all, in fact I'm probably wrong but...

Well the new char's names seems to appear as the same in nearly every japanese website that talks about Umineko arc 7. These names have been out for a bit but there's no way to say if they're right or not. Doesn't mean anything, but anyway... If I'm to trust that...

イトミミズ Itomimizu, does that mean anything? (the guy)
絶壁 Zeppeki, Cliff I believe? Sound like Battler's fear of falling. (the girl)

Spoiler for Funny new girl pic:

This is pretty funny imo... and feels right!
Old 2010-08-05, 14:23   Link #15320
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
イトミミズ Itomimizu, does that mean anything? (the guy)
絶壁 Zeppeki, Cliff I believe? Sound like Battler's fear of falling. (the girl)
Searching the first one I get pictures of...an iguana, some sort of fluffball...

The second one gets pictures of a cliff, though, so I think you're right on that one.
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote