AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 09:04   Link #1061
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
"Some people have said" is still a rumor. We don't know if that ending wasn't what the author had in mind from the beginning, any more than we do - I sure do not remember her ever coming out and saying outright that she bowed to some kind of peer pressure to end her story like that or some such... So, all we have left is speculation, right?
Speculation indeed. I know for fact that she had their entire time in middle school planned out but after that I think she did it on the fly and planned ahead best she can. Weekly releases provides a lot of pressure to the authors and sometimes its hard to plan long term. I'm not saying this entire manga was made week by week, I'm sure there were some goals and stuff like that. But one fact remains - its immensely popular and even though some people may bad mouth the end, they still talk about and still use it as a comparative point with other series.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:09   Link #1062
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Couldn't have said it better, myself. I still remember it very fondly, even after all this time.

Old 2009-08-20, 09:23   Link #1063
ufobaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Speculation indeed. I know for fact that she had their entire time in middle school planned out but after that I think she did it on the fly and planned ahead best she can. Weekly releases provides a lot of pressure to the authors and sometimes its hard to plan long term. I'm not saying this entire manga was made week by week, I'm sure there were some goals and stuff like that. But one fact remains - its immensely popular and even though some people may bad mouth the end, they still talk about and still use it as a comparative point with other series.
well the never-ending battle between "Nishi" and "Tou" is indeed the manga's legacy.

Never heard of any other manga of the same genre whose ending was worth debating as Ichigo 100%.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:48   Link #1064
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I wouldn't even go so far as saying it's worthy of debate, but it surely lends itself just fine, anyway.

Old 2009-08-21, 08:19   Link #1065
db84x

Send a message via Yahoo to db84x
http://www.onemanga.com/Ichigo_100/167/omake4-10/

this omake made me realise that made masterpiece like Ichigo 100 % not an easy work, especially when Mizuki Kawashita was specilized on short series or oneshot. Maybe due her fatigue, she forgot draw scene betwen Nishino x Junpei from Chrismas day event until Nishino departure. But i glad she forgot because if that chapter drawed less Aya fanboy rant and made this topic maybe less interesting.
Old 2009-08-21, 11:19   Link #1066
ufobaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by db84x View Post
http://www.onemanga.com/Ichigo_100/167/omake4-10/

this omake made me realise that made masterpiece like Ichigo 100 % not an easy work, especially when Mizuki Kawashita was specilized on short series or oneshot. Maybe due her fatigue, she forgot draw scene betwen Nishino x Junpei from Chrismas day event until Nishino departure. But i glad she forgot because if that chapter drawed less Aya fanboy rant and made this topic maybe less interesting.
I think it's because of that single incident in chapter 143, which lead Manaka to a sudden decision to choose his girl, is what makes Aya's fans go outrageous.

Last edited by ufobaby; 2009-08-21 at 12:58.
Old 2009-08-31, 03:11   Link #1067
IchigoWanhandured

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Just finished this series recently so I just wanted to vent for a bit. Please forgive the long post as doing this tends to make me feel better once I vent.

The end of chapter 144 along with 145 was when Junpei decided to start dating Nishino again but he did'nt decide with a clear head. In chapter 143 there was a misunderstanding where people thought Toujou had a boyfriend and when Junpei tried to talk to her she ran off because she had just taken off her bra and he bumped into her, so she was embarrassed and took off. He thought she was avoiding him which was true but not for the reason he had thought and later saw her run to her brother who he thought was her boyfriend. It shocked him because he did'nt think that there was another guy who knew her as well as he did and what about the 3 years he had spent liking her. He was thinking that maybe she had liked him (Junpei) but seeing her run into the arms of another guy put doubt in his mind and he felt hurt because he thought she had already chosen someone else over him. Later he walked to Nishino's cafe workplace without realizing it and while talking to her he was thinking that he should'nt have seen Nishino while his head was still messed up. But when she offers herself to him he takes the opportunity and says he wants to go out with her again.

I'm disappointed that such a misunderstanding helped push him into making that decision. His state of mind over his disappointment at his situation with Toujou probably made him tired of everything and so since he thought there was only one good option left instead of two, he took it. It's like he was tired of his own indecisiveness and decided to make a choice at that time and stick with it. Toujou did'nt know that Junpei was dating Nishino again until chapter 149 when he tells her that, still thinking that Toujou had a boyfriend. The misunderstanding about her brother was'nt cleared until chapter 151, so I think about 2 weeks passed before the misunderstanding was cleared. It was too late at that point because he had spent time shifting his feelings over to Nishino and had probably tried to forget about Toujou. I think he felt it was too late and he should live with his decision.

While re-reading chapter 163 I was struck by how much regret there was for both Junpei and Toujou. Junpei was wondering if Toujou still had feelings for him because he did'nt know what happened when they had fallen asleep while studying. She told him that she had given him a kiss and could now move on and Junpei in his thoughts was embarrassed at himself for only appearing to have moved forward when he had not. So he was still wavering at that point. Even when she was walking away he thought out "turn around one more time" then "no, don't turn around" as he cried, so he had not moved on from his feelings for her yet. She was crying as well as she walked away so it was maybe just a brave front she was showing him by saying she had moved on. I wonder what would have happened if she had not said that she had moved on. He later cried as he thought back on how Toujou was probably the only one who could make him feel anything was possible and how they would probably be together now if they had realized each other's feelings earlier.

Toujou's only weakness was her shyness which prevented her from confessing until it was too late. She was otherwise perfect for Junpei. He was attracted to both her body and mind plus they shared similar dreams and inspired each other in their pursuit of their respective fields of writing and filming. Junpei deserves a large share of the blame too because of his indecisiveness despite a large window of opportunity during the manga to confess himself. All it would have taken was a confession by either one and everything would have fallen into place. In chapters 135-136 Junpei said to himself that if her movie confession had been real then he would have had no problem choosing, because Toujou was the one he was thinking about most around that point in time.

Anyway I guess it's like life where misunderstandings can snowball and lead to consequences that people regret. Junpei himself at the time had known that he should'nt have seen Nishino in a messed up state of mind while Toujou unfortunately probably never knew that the misunderstanding about her brother played a major factor in Junpei's decision. The lesson is that it's hard to live with regret over things that you should have done so at least give it a try instead of being passive over something you really want to happen.

I just wanted to vent because it kind of messes me up for a day or two when I feel sad over what happens to a character I like, so please forgive the long post. It makes me feel better. I like Nishino too but I wish Junpei's decision was clear-headed and not influenced by a misunderstanding like that because it seems so unfair to Toujou after all the time they've spent together.
This is an excellent "read and comment" of how things unwound in the plot. Maybe Junpei really was tired of his indecision. Although, I must add that feeling things out with the people you like is only natural (and all the more difficult in the case of Junpei). Finding love is tricky, don't you think...liking someone leaves the door open, but entering the doorway to find love can really rattle a person, especially for Manaka who's young and uncertain on how serious relationships are (then again that's part of the magic - what makes romantic relationships exciting and sometimes scary, moreso in the Asian context?)

I must apologize if some you have already read the thoughts I wanted to share in some other threads/websites. I'm posting it below, because Ichigo 100%'s plot has made a deep impression on me, please bare with me gomen!

Hello, it's August 2009 now, and I just read this incredible manga last week. I'm done with it, but not over the emotions of it. The ending really hit the spot. Being in my late 20's, the characters' experiences through their mid-schooling until their days of working as career people really reminded me of the great memories and even disappointments I had when I was young. The manga made me wish I was young again! More than anything, it emphasizes how precious time is and how you have to make a lot of memories with those close to your heart.

Although some of the people here have been bashing the manga's ending and the mangaka (A GIRL, A SHE, so don't even say it was some fanboy fantasy of schoolgirls swarming one guy), I thought all the girls were too good and lovable that alot of readers were rooting for different characters, yes they were that well conceptualized. It makes you feel as if you were put in the shoes of Manaka. All of these girls were wonderful and it's somehow true that when you're young, you think that if you choose someone as your girlfriend, it really does mean that you close yourself off to the other girls who could have been the other half of your heart. It was just so difficult for Manaka to choose one girl because it means the girls who he spent all the great times and memories with would have to move on with their lives. Manaka is indeed GREEDY hehehe, as Nishino also is. Maybe in Western society, things may have seemingly moved too slow, but first time relationships are always special and even overwhelming (all the more for Asians). Again we should give regard and make a delineation between LIKE and LOVE. You may occasionally get LIKE, but LOVE it's a rare moment that two people try to find, perhaps a convergence of timing, atmosphere, emotions, words, actions, whatever.

As for the best moments, I would say that it would be these:
1) When Manaka hugged a 'Satsuki in despair' during their 1st movie in the inn they stayed in. Although the scene's start was just a bit sleazy to invoke some romance, it eventually lead to me realizing how Satsuki tried hard to create a 'moment' between her and Manaka (throughout the manga). Sometimes, love can be found in a moment and the spark is hard to ignite, especially when you're in the "FRIEND ZONE". Satsuki wanted Manaka to see her as a woman he can love, not a girl buddy.
2) When Nishino and Manaka went to a park, where Nishino sat on a bench and Manaka was crouched in front of Nishino and they had their real first kiss and they had that incredible exchange of words about GREED and how the first kiss wasn't enough and Nishino wanted some more! GREED! hahahaha! Damn, I wish I had a romance like that with a Nishino Tsukasa-esque girl
3) The final scene, where an older Tsukasa Nishino arrived and remarked to an older Manaka how excellent it was that Manaka was early. And Manaka said if Nishino can become Manaka's girlfriend again (after that clean slate agreement they had) and Nishino replied, "Will you excite me again?" and that scene where the camera on the ground was shooting them together (with Manaka carrying Nishino in his arms)
4) Nishino Tsukasa pull-up was a good scene
5) When the unraveled Aya Toujou was sitting behind Manaka during the Izumazaki (err whatever spelling it is) High entrance exams
6) When Aya Toujou was lying in bed, feeling relieved that she got her groove back in literature writing and she didn't need to worry of losing Manaka (and their conversations) forever. This is sadly the one-way love thing -> until she finds another heart to love and reciprocate the feelings back to her - and ohhh I bet she learned her lesson

I would have to say though, that it was apparent during the early chapters that Toujou was losing out, because most of the memories of Manaka were with Nishino. All we got from Aya Toujou were tons of awkward moments with Manaka. Maybe the mangaka herself or someone she knew was like this when she was young, never assertive to tell a guy she likes him (perhaps a nuance in a Japanese girl's psyche? or even regardless of age) Well, you reap what you sow and hindsight is always 20-20

To be this old and feel these feelings, I think this would be therapeutic. Whenever I want to feel that feeling I guess I'll just look for these parts in the manga. hehehehe

Damn these really make my heart weaken, like the first time I really felt that feeling of falling in love. Yes, not LIKE, I'm referring to FALLING IN LOVE.
Old 2009-08-31, 03:36   Link #1068
IchigoWanhandured

Hello, I think that even if the misunderstanding between Toujou and Manaka didn't manifest, the story would've still dragged on like a stalemate, because both Manaka and Aya were naturally unassertive. It's how they really are as people, anything different from that would have been unnatural, right? That may be their flaw as a couple/combination. They always had those ecchi and sexually awkward scenes going-on but they were always passive. I think in life, that's true, someone has to make a move or the circumstances have to be "perfect" (I know it's all relative and subjective from anyone's POV, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from) for them to find love. Obviously, us readers were already feeling the I LIKE YOU atmosphere between Manaka and any of the girls, but that's a different issue. Manaka manned-up in choosing because he knew at the point where they were at their limit, that Nishino was the one that made his heart ache more - over Toujou (I'm not saying that Toujou wouldn't have made Manaka feel any hurt inside if she was in pain as well, but he felt that Nishino was more precious and he would have lost both girls if he didn't choose one). The "game" would've gone longer if it weren't for the convergence of circumstances that required a "decisive Manaka". I'm not telling on anyone though, this is just my opinion
Old 2009-09-11, 05:32   Link #1069
awlekfnlawef

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoWanhandured View Post
This is an excellent "read and comment" of how things unwound in the plot. Maybe Junpei really was tired of his indecision. Although, I must add that feeling things out with the people you like is only natural (and all the more difficult in the case of Junpei). Finding love is tricky, don't you think...liking someone leaves the door open, but entering the doorway to find love can really rattle a person, especially for Manaka who's young and uncertain on how serious relationships are (then again that's part of the magic - what makes romantic relationships exciting and sometimes scary, moreso in the Asian context?)

I must apologize if some you have already read the thoughts I wanted to share in some other threads/websites. I'm posting it below, because Ichigo 100%'s plot has made a deep impression on me, please bare with me gomen!

Hello, it's August 2009 now, and I just read this incredible manga last week. I'm done with it, but not over the emotions of it. The ending really hit the spot. Being in my late 20's, the characters' experiences through their mid-schooling until their days of working as career people really reminded me of the great memories and even disappointments I had when I was young. The manga made me wish I was young again! More than anything, it emphasizes how precious time is and how you have to make a lot of memories with those close to your heart.

Although some of the people here have been bashing the manga's ending and the mangaka (A GIRL, A SHE, so don't even say it was some fanboy fantasy of schoolgirls swarming one guy), I thought all the girls were too good and lovable that alot of readers were rooting for different characters, yes they were that well conceptualized. It makes you feel as if you were put in the shoes of Manaka. All of these girls were wonderful and it's somehow true that when you're young, you think that if you choose someone as your girlfriend, it really does mean that you close yourself off to the other girls who could have been the other half of your heart. It was just so difficult for Manaka to choose one girl because it means the girls who he spent all the great times and memories with would have to move on with their lives. Manaka is indeed GREEDY hehehe, as Nishino also is. Maybe in Western society, things may have seemingly moved too slow, but first time relationships are always special and even overwhelming (all the more for Asians). Again we should give regard and make a delineation between LIKE and LOVE. You may occasionally get LIKE, but LOVE it's a rare moment that two people try to find, perhaps a convergence of timing, atmosphere, emotions, words, actions, whatever.

I would have to say though, that it was apparent during the early chapters that Toujou was losing out, because most of the memories of Manaka were with Nishino. All we got from Aya Toujou were tons of awkward moments with Manaka. Maybe the mangaka herself or someone she knew was like this when she was young, never assertive to tell a guy she likes him (perhaps a nuance in a Japanese girl's psyche? or even regardless of age) Well, you reap what you sow and hindsight is always 20-20

To be this old and feel these feelings, I think this would be therapeutic. Whenever I want to feel that feeling I guess I'll just look for these parts in the manga. hehehehe

Damn these really make my heart weaken, like the first time I really felt that feeling of falling in love. Yes, not LIKE, I'm referring to FALLING IN LOVE.
This is a beautifully written post and the sole reason why I made an account on this forum. To start, when you emotionally invest your soul into a manga to the point of not being able to stop reading it (reading about >50 chapters a day), there is always a "comedown"/depression period for the next day, week, or so. This is nothing bad and is an excellent indicator of how much you like a manga. In addition to this, I also want to say that I'm very glad that you (and cloudninja before you) chose to read this as an artwork piece of literature instead of something that stimulates your manly senses (as Manaka would say).

We (who took the time to criticially read it as a form of art) know how rich the plot is along with the artwork. Thus, there is no need for me to compliment on the quality of this manga. Instead, I will give my critical thoughts on the negative aspects. Firstly, I agree that the ending solution was not pulled off that well. The whole romance-suspence that the author was building throughout the entire series was basically destroyed by such a simple and stupid misunderstanding. What I mean by this is that Toujo's brother's simple request to go to the fair with her basically ended the romance rivalry. I know saying "what if" is pointless, but what if toujo just announced that she was going with her brother to the fair in private to Manaka. Crisis adverted. That single request of Toujo's brother changed the future of the main characters for life. Such a butterfly effect should not end a 19 volume manga. And for anyone who says to me, "well what would you do if you were the author". Just thinking off the top of my head, I could go the good ol' cliche way where toujo interrupts a make-out session of Nishino and Manaka conversely to the time where she saw them on the school field trip but this time, Manaka wasn't able to resist Nishino. Even that would be better. And if not that, then it could go the other way where Manaka and Toujo, the two destined couples, simply end up together. However, this brings up a good point about the general moral of ths story.

Sometimes, things just don't happen even if destiny determined it. Real life or fiction. And I think that this is where the author really stands out amongst all the other romance mangaa. She didn't take the simple way out putting the two destined lovers together but rather defying the predictable. So even though the ending has faults, there is also an excellent moral.

The final point I want to bring up is what IchigoWanhandured said.
Quote:
Maybe the mangaka herself or someone she knew was like this when she was young, never assertive to tell a guy she likes him (perhaps a nuance in a Japanese girl's psyche? or even regardless of age) Well, you reap what you sow and hindsight is always 20-20
This is an excellent analysis of the plot and I completely agree with you on this. I think that some of these events that happened in the manga contain some autobiographical content.
Old 2009-09-11, 06:05   Link #1070
ShootingStars

What you said about a misunderstanding ruining the the plot of the manga, so damn true.
The mangaka could indeed be talking about herself with the massive change of plot there.
Old 2009-09-11, 07:20   Link #1071
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just please realize not everyone agrees with this supposed ruination of the manga, and we'll be fine.

Old 2009-09-13, 00:47   Link #1072
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I just recently finished reading this Manga as well, and I have to say, I am damned impressed.

I can understand that some people weren't happy with how the story ended, but it was honestly very moving for me.

Throughout most of the story, I honestly expected Aya to win due to my previous experiences with Romance/Harem manga; so when Nishino was chosen at the end I was truly blown away.

I honestly felt Manaka could have picked any of the three girls and I would have been satisfied. The author did a great job making me like all of the characters in the series likable in my eyes, and I could really empathize on some level with Manaka's difficulty in choosing one of the 3 girls.

That said, I am sad that Satsuki never managed to truly "breach" that friendship wall, she honestly had me cheering for her a few times.

I do kind of wish we got to see more of Kozue though, that girl was adorable.
Old 2009-09-13, 14:40   Link #1073
ShootingStars

Kozue IMO was some annoying person who got in the way of AYA... stupid bi***!
Old 2009-09-14, 12:04   Link #1074
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

TBH, as much as I like Aya, a lot of things would have went her way if she was even slightly more open about her feelings, especially to her friends, but she isn't the first person to dance around the subject so long it gives her rivals an advantage.
Old 2009-09-15, 20:31   Link #1075
peerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Just finished this series recently so I just wanted to vent for a bit. Please forgive the long post as doing this tends to make me feel better once I vent.

The end of chapter 144 along with 145 was when Junpei decided to start dating Nishino again but he did'nt decide with a clear head. In chapter 143 there was a misunderstanding where people thought Toujou had a boyfriend and when Junpei tried to talk to her she ran off because she had just taken off her bra and he bumped into her, so she was embarrassed and took off. He thought she was avoiding him which was true but not for the reason he had thought and later saw her run to her brother who he thought was her boyfriend. It shocked him because he did'nt think that there was another guy who knew her as well as he did and what about the 3 years he had spent liking her. He was thinking that maybe she had liked him (Junpei) but seeing her run into the arms of another guy put doubt in his mind and he felt hurt because he thought she had already chosen someone else over him. Later he walked to Nishino's cafe workplace without realizing it and while talking to her he was thinking that he should'nt have seen Nishino while his head was still messed up. But when she offers herself to him he takes the opportunity and says he wants to go out with her again.

I'm disappointed that such a misunderstanding helped push him into making that decision. His state of mind over his disappointment at his situation with Toujou probably made him tired of everything and so since he thought there was only one good option left instead of two, he took it. It's like he was tired of his own indecisiveness and decided to make a choice at that time and stick with it. Toujou did'nt know that Junpei was dating Nishino again until chapter 149 when he tells her that, still thinking that Toujou had a boyfriend. The misunderstanding about her brother was'nt cleared until chapter 151, so I think about 2 weeks passed before the misunderstanding was cleared. It was too late at that point because he had spent time shifting his feelings over to Nishino and had probably tried to forget about Toujou. I think he felt it was too late and he should live with his decision.

While re-reading chapter 163 I was struck by how much regret there was for both Junpei and Toujou. Junpei was wondering if Toujou still had feelings for him because he did'nt know what happened when they had fallen asleep while studying. She told him that she had given him a kiss and could now move on and Junpei in his thoughts was embarrassed at himself for only appearing to have moved forward when he had not. So he was still wavering at that point. Even when she was walking away he thought out "turn around one more time" then "no, don't turn around" as he cried, so he had not moved on from his feelings for her yet. She was crying as well as she walked away so it was maybe just a brave front she was showing him by saying she had moved on. I wonder what would have happened if she had not said that she had moved on. He later cried as he thought back on how Toujou was probably the only one who could make him feel anything was possible and how they would probably be together now if they had realized each other's feelings earlier.

Toujou's only weakness was her shyness which prevented her from confessing until it was too late. She was otherwise perfect for Junpei. He was attracted to both her body and mind plus they shared similar dreams and inspired each other in their pursuit of their respective fields of writing and filming. Junpei deserves a large share of the blame too because of his indecisiveness despite a large window of opportunity during the manga to confess himself. All it would have taken was a confession by either one and everything would have fallen into place. In chapters 135-136 Junpei said to himself that if her movie confession had been real then he would have had no problem choosing, because Toujou was the one he was thinking about most around that point in time.

Anyway I guess it's like life where misunderstandings can snowball and lead to consequences that people regret. Junpei himself at the time had known that he should'nt have seen Nishino in a messed up state of mind while Toujou unfortunately probably never knew that the misunderstanding about her brother played a major factor in Junpei's decision. The lesson is that it's hard to live with regret over things that you should have done so at least give it a try instead of being passive over something you really want to happen.

I just wanted to vent because it kind of messes me up for a day or two when I feel sad over what happens to a character I like, so please forgive the long post. It makes me feel better. I like Nishino too but I wish Junpei's decision was clear-headed and not influenced by a misunderstanding like that because it seems so unfair to Toujou after all the time they've spent together.
You know, of all the other posts I've read concerning the "ending of Ichigo 100" your explanation truly revealed why Manaka Junpei chose Nishino over Toujo but I would also like to point out that Manaka had already made up his mind in 152(manga) when he discovered Toujo's supposed boyfriend was rather her brother and clearly said "I love Nishino even though I found out the person Toujo invited was her brother I love Nishino, I love the Nishino that smiles at me brightly but I wonder what I did to make her sad" but from what I've read in the story and what my friend cloud ninja has deduced, I think in my opinion Junpei should have chosen Toujo who has a lot of goodness(almost angel like) in her and should have deserved better but also ought to have confessed her love to Junpei earlier.
By strong Aya Fan.

Last edited by peerless; 2009-09-16 at 05:13. Reason: addition of last words
Old 2009-09-15, 22:00   Link #1076
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peerless View Post
You know, of all the other posts I've read concerning the "ending of Ichigo 100" your explanation truly revealed why Manaka Junpei chose Nishino over Toujo but I would also like to point out that Manaka had already made up his mind in 152(manga) when he discovered Toujo's supposed boyfriend was rather her brother and clearly said "I love Nishino even though I found out the person Toujo invited was her brother I love Nishino, I love the Nishino that smiles at me brightly but I wonder what I did to make her sad" but from what I've read in the story and what my friend cloud ninja has deduced, I think in my opinion Junpei should have chosen Toujo who has a lot of goodness(almost angel like) in her and should have deserved better but also ought to have confessed her love to Junpei earlier.
he made up his mind in 152? its obviously an excuse to himself because he can't really go back after what he said... that's what I think... it would of took A LOT of courage to go back what he said ._. ... Nishino would probably never talk to him again if he said he loved Toujou after saying he loved her for good.... maybe he was afraid to lose a 1st love/great friend

scenario: Junpei knew the brother WAY before with no hassle, he'd still be with Toujou - if Toujou was going to going to leave him first, he'd probably want to keep her "safe" over Nishino (chapter 153 p.7)... circumstances

the moment he thought brother was a BF, in his mind Toujou was TAKEN and he tried to remain from thinking about her since she had a BF because stealing a girl from her BF is just not right... seriously (I've been here... lol >_>). with that mindset he was set dead lock on Nishino, and due to the time difference at that point he Toujou was probably 10% in his mind at the time while Nishino turned into 90%, and therefore Nishino won the battle

Last edited by ShootingStars; 2009-09-15 at 22:13.
Old 2009-09-16, 04:46   Link #1077
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The key point is: you think. Just as some of us also think he did choose Nishino fair and square, not simply because of that misunderstanding. And, let's face it, most of those who have such differing opinions won't ever agree on this.

Old 2009-09-16, 07:03   Link #1078
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Everyone also only talks about Junpei - don't forget the girls all had a part in this. Aya could have settled everything (not that she knew she could) by confessing or at least making more of an effort towards Junpei. Tsukasa made every effort, for him. And although Satsuki made moves all the time, she didn't click with Junpei like Aya and Tsukasa did, plus towards the end she stopped paying Junpei so much attention, this and that. But the matter is that Tsukasa made the most effort.. not that she won anything fantastic or anything. haha.
Old 2009-09-16, 08:21   Link #1079
justavisitor

I agree with ShootingStars's viewpoint, but I also acknowledge what BetoJR said, everyone thinks differently...so agree to disagree then everyone

hmm about effort, hmm..i have to say I hate Junpei to the gut....that guy makes no effort at all whatsoever...he is probably one of most pathetic male hero from all the romance mangas that I have ever read (compared to I"s, suzuka, a town where you live, Video AI, etc)..but then again, high school students should focus more about their dreams I guess, but I just can't stand that guy...if the girls have to make the effort, why not the main hero also...he is just standing there waiting girls to feed food into his mouth...(did I cross the line here?? )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-16, 08:52   Link #1080
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Everyone also only talks about Junpei - don't forget the girls all had a part in this. Aya could have settled everything (not that she knew she could) by confessing or at least making more of an effort towards Junpei. Tsukasa made every effort, for him. And although Satsuki made moves all the time, she didn't click with Junpei like Aya and Tsukasa did, plus towards the end she stopped paying Junpei so much attention, this and that. But the matter is that Tsukasa made the most effort.. not that she won anything fantastic or anything. haha.
You've basically summed up my thoughts perfectly with this post. Tsukasa was always true to herself, and her own feelings. That is not we thinking that, it's a shown fact in the story.

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen