AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-02-24, 09:51   Link #61
InvaderBen

Haven't looked into Yakuza 0 yet. Never caught my interest. Nioh and Horizon look promising tho.
But with NieR: Automata I feel like Taro Yoko exactly knew what flaws the previous titles (such as Drakengard) had and straightened them out. In terms of gameplay, NieR: Automata is a definite masterpiece.
InvaderBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-24, 12:40   Link #62
pezzie

I'm about 5 hours into it. I couldn't wait for US release and bought it on the HK PSN store.

Game is freaking fantastic. The music is some of the best, the gameplay is fast and fluid, the characters are funny and endearing, and the story is going some interesting places. I can't wait til I can go home and bury myself into this game all weekend.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 08:01   Link #63
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Went and bought the R3 version because I don't wanna wait.

I have to say this game looks beautiful and plays a hell of a lot better than the original Nier, which is why I never finished that game. Much more responsive controls and fluid combat, expected from a Platinum game. Fantastic soundtrack to boot.

Most important of all though is that 2B is hot.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 12:18   Link #64
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
that is true but in essence that is the truest form of one of the earliest hero archetype, and that is the greek hero, if you go back and actually read those stories those characters are flawed massively flawed and each flaw led to their tragedy, and by today's standards wouldn't be considered true heroes. Taro is essentially writing modern day greek heroes and is doing an excellent job at it
You said it! Well, I have doubts that Kuroi could even classify into the greek hero standard, the guy is just so freaking insane that I would rather have Deadpool as a team mate than that psycho, take a minute to think about that.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 06:52   Link #65
InvaderBen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Went and bought the R3 version because I don't wanna wait.

I have to say this game looks beautiful and plays a hell of a lot better than the original Nier, which is why I never finished that game. Much more responsive controls and fluid combat, expected from a Platinum game. Fantastic soundtrack to boot.
Glad to hear that! I'm thinking of getting it early as well but then again, I don't speak Japanese so I might not have a clue of what's going on when I play it :'D
Old 2017-02-27, 09:43   Link #66
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBen View Post
Glad to hear that! I'm thinking of getting it early as well but then again, I don't speak Japanese so I might not have a clue of what's going on when I play it :'D
The Japanese version has an English language setting and dual audio.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 07:50   Link #67
InvaderBen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The Japanese version has an English language setting and dual audio.
REALLY?? Ok, that's amazing. Glad to hear that they have these options. Guess I'll buy it right away
Old 2017-02-28, 14:26   Link #68
pezzie

If you're not dead set on getting the JP version, the one from the HK PSN store is basically identically the same, but is a lot cheaper ($428 HK vs. 8420 yen).
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 07:25   Link #69
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I saw the PC version of this is coming out on March 10. Can anyone verify if it's true? o.O

I'd like to get the PC version instead of the PS4 version :|
Old 2017-03-02, 13:47   Link #70
Raviel

Sorry to bother you guys about this since it's the PS4 thread and all, but has there been any mention of region locks for the PC version?

Metal Gear Rising is unavailable in the SEA region for whatever reason and I'm worried Square/Platinum Games will do some region lock shenanigans again.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 14:53   Link #71
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
I saw the PC version of this is coming out on March 10. Can anyone verify if it's true? o.O

I don't think we know for sure yet. Square itself released and then quickly pulled back a trailer with a March 10 release date for Steam, if you google search you can even find links to the square enix NA online store where you could buy the game but they throw a not found error if you click them.

Here's the full story.

I'm personally holding off for a bit on the game. If it does come out by the end of March I'll see if there aren't any glaring technical issues with the port and consider it for the PC then. Otherwise I'll just grab the PS4 version and be done with it.
Old 2017-03-02, 16:14   Link #72
Sacredus

We just got new info about PC version: http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/...-requirements/
Quote:
March 17th
Quote:
Required

OS: Windows® 7 64 bit, Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit
32bit OS not supported
CPU: Intel® Core ™ i3 2100 or more · AMD A 8 – 6500 or more
Main memory: 4 GB or more
Hard disk / SSD: 50 GB or more free space
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 VRAM 2 GB or more AMD Radeon ™ R9 270X VRAM 2 GB or more
Sound Card: DirectX® 11 compatible
Internet connection: Broadband or more
Screen resolution: 1280 × 720
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Others: mouse, keyboard, game pad (XInput only)

Recommended

32bit OS not supported
CPU: Intel® Core ™ i5 4670 or more · AMD A 10 – 7850 K or more
Main memory: 8 GB or more
Hard disk / SSD: 50 GB or more free space
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 VRAM 4 GB or more AMD Radeon ™ R9 380X VRAM 4 GB or more
Sound card: DirectX® 11 compatible
Internet connection: Broadband or more
Screen resolution: 1920 × 1080
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Others: mouse, keyboard, game pad (XInput only)
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 16:56   Link #73
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I don't think we know for sure yet. Square itself released and then quickly pulled back a trailer with a March 10 release date for Steam, if you google search you can even find links to the square enix NA online store where you could buy the game but they throw a not found error if you click them.

Here's the full story.

I'm personally holding off for a bit on the game. If it does come out by the end of March I'll see if there aren't any glaring technical issues with the port and consider it for the PC then. Otherwise I'll just grab the PS4 version and be done with it.
Well, I saw an article from livedoor stating it was the 10th, then the article disappeared when I just went to google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
We just got new info about PC version: http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/...-requirements/
Yea I just did a google search and got the info as well from http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2...03/105689.html

Oh well, it is delayed then :|
Old 2017-03-04, 01:21   Link #74
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

https://steamdb.info/app/524220/

Is Square Enix REALLY gonna block JP from the Steam version??

It's gonna suck if it's so :|
Old 2017-03-06, 14:29   Link #75
Chase

lol this is pushinig 90 on metacritic so far. Didn't expect it to be THAT high although I did expect it to be high. It will dropped a little as a few more come in but still. First week Japan sales were really good compared to the first game. Even beat Resident Evil 7's first week. Hopefully the west will come thru for it too despite all thats out there now. The last couple months have been packed.

Donguri990 combo movie. Only showing the first video as I think the second contains slight spoilers. Still, pretty cool combo video.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2017-03-06 at 14:46.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 22:38   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post

THERE'S A PC VER?!

Oh YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Shit.... 32 bit not supported. Time to update the PC...
Old 2017-03-09, 19:58   Link #77
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As someone who never played NieR but got oddly interested by Yoko Taro's stories after hearing friends playing DoD3, I went ahead and documented myself regarding DoD and NieR universe then played Automata for pretty much a week, and it was really a hell of a ride.

The game is definitely not mind blowing in term of graphics, but it is actually quite serviceable for the atmosphere and I'd rather have that kind of details with 60 FPS than having framerate dips all the time (it does happen a bit in the ruined city area but not that too often and generally stick around 40 FPS at the very least).

But as expected, the game delivers in term of atmosphere, be it thanks to the characters, plots, screwed up situations/quests and that godly OST.
I never expected to be that emotionally attached to Automata cast, even some side characters. Which make all Yoko's usual tragic shenanigans even more devastating.
Add that the very surprising features and clever tricks (camera/gameplay change) along with an excellent pacing and atmosphere, and it earns a very solid 8/10. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is a game that made me not regret purchasing a PS4 recently.

If I were to really complain about the game, it would be the relatively easy gameplay (be it the lack of enemy diversity/pattern, the overly lenient dodge for the vast majority of the fight or the very high powercreep effect of lvl up and chips), the extremely restricted nature of the open world and side quests being overly boring (but thankfully, most have subplots with them).

For reference sake, it took me 12h for Route A, an additional 8 hours for Route B, then 12 hours for C, D and E. Finally, 10 hours for the 21 other endings.
I'd say you should be done with all the major endings within 30-35 hours with some side quests done alongside.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-03-09 at 20:25.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 02:58   Link #78
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Good to hear that Klash. Can't wait for the pc release next week. Just need to avoid spoilers for a bit more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
and that godly OST.
Aha...I had checked a little bit of the OST & track titles and somehow missed this one. SoA vocals make a return! Wonderful <3
Old 2017-03-11, 02:35   Link #79
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'm really disappointed in the performance on the regular PS4. Despite the 900p resolution there are frequent stutters in big areas, even when there's no action going on. Otherwise I'm really enjoying it though.
Old 2017-03-12, 09:09   Link #80
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Got a bit more detailed for a spoiler free review although it is basically the same as I posted earlier. Here is a full spoiler one though.

Got the platinum trophy yesterday. I can finally put that game to rest until I feel like doing a full hard/super hard run, but the latter doesn't particularly feel appealing considering a lot of sequences feel like pure masochism with that "difficulty".

Tags
pc/steam