AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-05, 17:28   Link #81
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Have any of the super-rapey nobles (like Jade) presented an actual threat to Leticia throughout the story?

She's equal, perhaps superior to a monarch in terms of social standing, but I have seen issues in other novels where authors would ignore tibbits of similar relevance for the sake of drama so I can't help but worry.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:19   Link #82
Zefyris
図書館狼

sorry, who's jade again? I don't remember that name at all. And what is supposed to be a super rapey noble? :O
Old 2016-09-05, 18:27   Link #83
kaikalaila

Jade fought Wynn at the start. Son of the noble whos father want him to get with Leti to fortify the house.
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:44   Link #84
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
sorry, who's jade again? I don't remember that name at all. And what is supposed to be a super rapey noble? :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
Jade fought Wynn at the start. Son of the noble whos father want him to get with Leti to fortify the house.
^Pretty much this.

I mean nobles who want to take Leti's hand in marriage. It's just that his monologues regarding his lust for her have struck me with the impression of being "super-rapey". So I ask if any nobles of similar nature or intentions have put her in danger or a situation where she would get in risk getting married off despite her being on the top of the social food chain.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:49   Link #85
Darius Drake

Quote:
Spoiler for Who Jade Is:
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 05:10   Link #86
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
^Pretty much this.

I mean nobles who want to take Leti's hand in marriage. It's just that his monologues regarding his lust for her have struck me with the impression of being "super-rapey". So I ask if any nobles of similar nature or intentions have put her in danger or a situation where she would get in risk getting married off despite her being on the top of the social food chain.
Aaah, Jeid, the son of Lucrecia. Sorry, I didn't compute at all, with Jade I thought that was a female character and couldn't remember a female with that name. He's still relevant to the story, due to the lots of intrigue and treachery he's doing. We don't see him a lot but the biggest troubles currently happening in the Empire have him in the background so yeah. We don't see him that much lately, but the troubles are still here and worsening so definitely still a villain with a very basic motivation, IE revenge.

It seems to me that he's planning to marry The first princess right now, in order to access the throne directly. Marrying Letitia isn't out of sight, but she's merely his second choice I guess?

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-09-06 at 05:39.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 05:30   Link #87
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
It seems to me that he's planning to marry The first princess right now, in order to access the throne directly. Marrying Leticia isn't out of sight, but she's merely his second choice I guess?
For what I remember, his father was pushing him to marry Leticia and he agrees to him whenever dad brings up the topic; but the guy himself is way more interested in the princess and the crown (which would imply that he has something bad planned for the first prince).

I think no other guy in the country has been shown to be as bad as him; but it's sort of implied that in some of the antagonistic countries, there are a bunch of nobles that are just as bad and just as competent in screwing people over.
Old 2016-09-06, 05:39   Link #88
Zefyris
図書館狼

Spoiler for volume 5 Jeid:

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-09-06 at 06:09.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 06:44   Link #89
kaikalaila

So many conspiracy....I just want some happy fluffy after-credit after Leti defeat the demon lord...
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 07:13   Link #90
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Just caught up to the WN version a while back, definitely enjoyed this read. Though for some reason I don't feel like reading the Legend of Leticia anytime soon.
Old 2016-09-06, 07:24   Link #91
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Just caught up to the WN version a while back, definitely enjoyed this read. Though for some reason I don't feel like reading the Legend of Leticia anytime soon.
Is the wn finished? No matter if yes or no, how far in (in % for example) is the battle happening deep below Riala's church compared to the WN content ?
Old 2016-09-06, 08:14   Link #92
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

WN seems to be in hiatus for now, last update was around May?

From what I've read here & what I remember, it went pretty much the same I guess? (Along with the battle & the last scene's 'stinger' so to speak).
Old 2016-09-06, 15:50   Link #93
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
WN seems to be in hiatus for now, last update was around May?

From what I've read here & what I remember, it went pretty much the same I guess? (Along with the battle & the last scene's 'stinger' so to speak).
hmm there was no stinger here xD. But I was asking how much farther is the WN.
Old 2016-09-06, 17:22   Link #94
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oh, the last WN chapter ended after Wynn's Leticia buffed battle and
Spoiler:
Old 2016-09-07, 12:59   Link #95
Zefyris
図書館狼

there was a cloaked someone that went out of the place after the others had already left but he just went out, and did nothing iirc.

Spoiler for volume 6:

So the wn is pretty much at the same point then? The last chapter was that same battle below the church as the last chapter in volume 6? Did you had the story of Lucrecia following that as well?
Old 2016-09-07, 17:20   Link #96
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oh, I guess the LN goes on for a bit more then (no idea about that Lucrecia story). I think the last WN update didn't even have a proper title for that particular chapter.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-09-07, 21:24   Link #97
Zefyris
図書館狼

I see, it's pretty much the same then.
it's only a few pages long since it's the epilogue but lucrecia's story basically explains why Jeid/Jade is doing what he's doing right now (Lucrecia was his mother).
Old 2016-09-07, 23:09   Link #98
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oh! That Lucrezia...I think I remember reading about her background (like her hard past & trials & how she's quite revered) actually.

Maybe the LN version's order was just revised a bit.
Old 2016-09-08, 01:38   Link #99
TheAlucid

Hmm, doesn't the whole "genetics=magic power" thing heavily imply that Wynn's kids are going to be seriously gimped?

Why would the prince of the nation be okay with the 'first princess', from a noble standpoint, soiling the bloodline like that? Or does he plan on making sure whatever kids they might've had would be purely illegitimate?

I mean, Wynn at least gets a consolation prize for failing the genetic lottery so badly: buffs are extra effective. But any kids he had would probably just be the generic piss-poor variety, with not enough mana to ever be an effective fighter but just enough not to reap the tragic benefit of it.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 03:16   Link #100
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Hmm, doesn't the whole "genetics=magic power" thing heavily imply that Wynn's kids are going to be seriously gimped?

Why would the prince of the nation be okay with the 'first princess', from a noble standpoint, soiling the bloodline like that? Or does he plan on making sure whatever kids they might've had would be purely illegitimate?

I mean, Wynn at least gets a consolation prize for failing the genetic lottery so badly: buffs are extra effective. But any kids he had would probably just be the generic piss-poor variety, with not enough mana to ever be an effective fighter but just enough not to reap the tragic benefit of it.
The Princess isn't that important in respect of the continuation of the blood line thats the princes job, her role would most likely be been married to some over country in a political marriage to be honest I am surprised she isn't already married or have a fiancee at her age.

As for any children between Wynn and the Princess they probably would have average or slightly above magic power, Genes come from both parents after all.

You're under estimating how important Leti is, yes they lose the ability to use the Princess for political means but in exchange they gain leverage and a leash on Leti binding her to their country as they know she has no real attachment to the country and they have no other means to do so apart from using Wynn.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love triangle, osananajimi, yuusha