BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 42:
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 10:57   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 43:

Honestly, while I've sometimes had some fair predictions, I'm not sure where this will go next. I could think of a variety of next steps from here. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this leads to another jump, given how much is building up and how much uncertainty there is.
Old 2021-05-05, 11:05   Link #23
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 44:

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention that I kind of suspect may be significant later on:
Spoiler:

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-05-05 at 23:14.
Old 2021-05-12, 11:35   Link #24
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Big surprise this time around...
Spoiler for 45:
Old 2021-05-12, 12:49   Link #25
Greenish Growth

Well, now that's very interesting indeed.

When the Japanese use the term "Munakuso" to describe stories does that mean "something that hurts your heart"? I can't find the definition of the term on the internet, but I see it used a lot to describe the stories that I read these days.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-12, 16:34   Link #26
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Can't say I've heard that term before. When I look the word up "disgusting" keeps coming up (makes sense since it combines the word for "chest" and the word for "sh!t"), and I honestly don't feel that fits for this (at least I don't feel any disgust), but yeah it definitely can be a hard read. I'm keeping with it because I earnestly believe it's heading to a happy ending, and I can go through a ton of tribulations in a plot if it ends with a happy or at least hopeful conclusion.
Old 2021-05-19, 12:13   Link #27
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Finally into our next jump this time around, and for the first time he has a companion.
Spoiler for 46:
Old 2021-05-19, 19:24   Link #28
Greenish Growth

Oh oh, I'm afraid to find out what that's about. Might be painful again.

"Munakuso" is obviously an unpleasant feeling, but in what way I'm not sure. It seems to be used for painful or unpleasant feelings generated from a relationship scene in a story, but I don't know what those scenes have in common. They vary so much. I should compile a list of chapters where Munakuso is mentioned as a warning and go from there. Maybe it's from relationships that are threatened to be torn apart? I'll figure it out some day, Thanks for looking it up.
Old 2021-05-26, 10:45   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, I can see how this would come as "everyone suffering". Can't say I like this version of Mika though...
Spoiler for 47:
Old 2021-06-02, 10:56   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Just when I think I've figured out where this roller coaster's going, it throws me for an even crazier spin...
Spoiler for 48:

I seriously didn't expect this. I could see how it could happen, with all the frustration she'd been through. Still, looks like this time around it's largely about being honest with himself, admitting what he wants to do and be and actually going for it. He was wrong to obsess over being her first and only, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she's better off without him.
Old 2021-06-02, 13:16   Link #31
Greenish Growth

Yeah, that's a bad future that's for sure.

I wonder if there will be another problem he'll have to deal with after this one. Is there any way of knowing how popular this manga is?
Old 2021-06-02, 16:50   Link #32
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm not sure. Doesn't look like the site posts view counts or anything, and I don't really know where to go to get such counts or the number of sales for the volume releases.
Old 2021-06-09, 11:17   Link #33
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 49:

The last part on this week is very confusing. Maybe it's the limit to my understanding of the language, but some of the lines don't seem to make much sense to me. It's clear that Taro knows something that Nishimori doesn't, or that he forgot. I've had moments when I was uncertain where things were going, but honestly no chapter has left me more confused and blind to the future paths.
Old 2021-06-16, 10:39   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

And here begins Taro's backstory.
Spoiler:
Old 2021-06-16, 11:24   Link #35
Greenish Growth

Confessing at five years old? That's awfully young. I distinctly remember myself not liking girls in that way until around my eleventh birthday.

But that was a very long time ago. Maybe people mature earlier nowadays (a little).
Old 2021-06-16, 17:05   Link #36
BWTraveller
Born to ship

To be fair, one could argue whether his feelings were quite the same as the "love" one would experience at a later age. From her statements it sounds like Mika didn't really grasp it either back then, saw it more as a promise to be together forever.
Old 2021-06-23, 10:45   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 51:

I really, really hope the author gives Taro someone else to love. He's been fighting just as hard as Tooru to protect Mika and find a happy future, and I honestly don't want to see a "happy ending" where he is left alone. I definitely want to see Mika and Tooru end up happy together, but just as much I want to see Taro find someone he can love even more than Mika.
Old 2021-06-30, 10:40   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 52:

Rather odd development this time, kind of looks like we've got a timeline split, which begs the question of what till happen when the other time traveler decides to return but Nishimori chooses to stay in the future. Is Nishimori going to be dead in the past until/unless he returns? Is he just going to go on with various memories lost? I suspect something will happen to make him return, but I'm curious how long it'll take or how it'll happen.
Old 2021-07-07, 10:31   Link #39
BWTraveller
Born to ship

OK, not gonna lie, some of this week's chapter felt a bit like a cop-out.
Spoiler for 53:

I'd imagined a few different ways for Nishimori to return to the past, like maybe telling future Mika the whole truth and her either telling him to go or killing him to send him back. All were kind of cheesy, but I certainly didn't expect some sort of Deus Ex Machina to throw him back like that. Oh well, guess the author wrote himself into a bit of a corner or something.
Old 2021-07-07, 13:29   Link #40
Greenish Growth

Chapter 53:

Spoiler:

Tags
fat male lead, time travel, virgin