Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-03-17, 01:59   Link #1
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Mahoraba: Heartful Days manga

Did some scans for another thread ... apparently none <duck and cover>

Anyways.... I was doing my periodic search to spot new manga releases and came across this amazon.co.jp "preliminary" page:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...350169-0052302

Looks like Mahoraba volume 11 may be out in 4/2006.
Let the vibrating commence.... volume 10's end was a bit of a "what the...?"

Still no sign of an English licensing though
Old 2006-03-17, 02:30   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Did some scans for another thread ... apparently none <duck and cover>

Anyways.... I was doing my periodic search to spot new manga releases and came across this amazon.co.jp "preliminary" page:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...350169-0052302

Looks like Mahoraba volume 11 may be out in 4/2006.
Let the vibrating commence.... volume 10's end was a bit of a "what the...?"

Still no sign of an English licensing though
Great news. I've been checking amazon.co.jp about once a week for it. I've been looking foward to this for quite some time.

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2006-03-17 at 04:12.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 11:10   Link #3
Xebek
Crazed cyborg squirrel

Any news as to how many volumes it will end at in Japan? Also, how different is the manga from anime? I loved the anime and have been looking for a new Japanese series (completed preferably) to add to my collection amongst my manga in English.
Xebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 17:28   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I haven't seen any indication of the overall length though I'm guessing maybe 14 volumes.
The manga and the anime actually track pretty closely although the anime creates an incident not yet seen in the manga to tie the series up while leaving it open for more. The manga also dwells in the serious aspects a bit more but the humor is definitely akin to the anime.

The manga is beyond the series where everyone pretty much recognizes that Kozue and Shiratori are "lovers"(more like going steady) but that Shiratori pretty much has to court each facet of Kozue --- any more info is kind of spoilerish. Some of the events are re-arranged, the events are expanded... there's lots of cute omake for the secondary characters. The art style is a bit different but very cute.

The only other difference is that you get a large backstory for Mo-chan and you find she has a pretty serious backstory (serious enough my son's JP teacher had some qualms about adding it to her library until I pointed out what was typical fare in high school English ).

Amazon.co.jp appears to have all 10 current volumes in stock (as well as the fanbook intermission volume). Scanlations are available at the usual locations if you want to preview it.

I've enjoyed it --- the kanji has furigana - reducing my "race for the kanji dictionary" runs.
Old 2006-04-03, 21:31   Link #5
JarOfMayo

Next month's coming chapter ends Volume 11... from the previous chapters though, seems like some sort of conclusion perhaps.

Kinda sad to think about it, but... all good things come to an end... Then again I guess there could be more..
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 16:52   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Given the situation at the end of chapter 10... and if they focus on the Kozue thread for chapter 11 ... yeah, it seems like that might be a endstory volume.
Old 2006-04-30, 19:40   Link #7
JarOfMayo

*Big Sigh*

I hate how... you wanna read the next chapter cause it seems like its gonna end... But at the same time dread the fact that it might be over ("this chapter").

Big sigh for the fact that it still continues... and for the fact the end is still near.
Spoiler for For #60:
Old 2006-05-02, 13:16   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

From what I've read.... integration of personality is the treatment goal but many times "happiness" is achieved if the patient can at least get all the personalities to cooperate and share memories. No idea what Kojima-san actually knows about the condition... and in the now-destroyed thread from Before there was a lot of questions about the state of the Japanese medical system when it came to psychiatric treatment.

In a sense (according to mind modeling), we're all born with MPD and integrate the personalities in early childhood (ever hear a child swearing up and down they didn't do something... sometimes that which is swearing it is not the personality that did the deed .... imaginary playmates sometimes fall into this family of behaviors as well).

Well... my copies of vol. 11 are in flight.... must keep myself distracted til they arrive.
Old 2006-05-02, 13:56   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Got my copy of v11 today. For the curious, it contains chapters 51 to 57 (if we are indeed nearing the end, then I guess v12 may be the last one). The "Mahotarot" card rules - Tachibana: "The Judgement". Since I only started ordering the manga within the last year, I guess I missed out on a bunch of firstpress stuff for the early volumes. While there probably isn't much hope, I still have my fingers crossed that the manga might be licensed some day...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 15:00   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have been completely unable to find or obtain the rest of the tarot deck outside of the few that came with the novels. There's even a case for it somewhere apparently.

oooooh, tachibana as Judgement ... that actually had me laughing out loud by myself in my office... can't wait to see it.

w00t... as I was typing the last post, DHL rolled up with my copies of volume 11 (and Yotsuba& 1-4). Time to skim...

eep... major mileposts and plot turns .... I just skimmed it (gotta sit down with the dictionary still to read thoroughly) but it looks really good. yay, more Buchou

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-05-04 at 12:38.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:55   Link #11
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Can someone tell me what magazine Mahoraba is published in? Or, more importantly, who the publisher is? I'm trying to figure out if it's one of those that already "belongs" to Viz (meaning there's a good chance it's eventually coming to the US) or not.
Old 2006-05-04, 21:25   Link #12
rale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Can someone tell me what magazine Mahoraba is published in? Or, more importantly, who the publisher is? I'm trying to figure out if it's one of those that already "belongs" to Viz (meaning there's a good chance it's eventually coming to the US) or not.
Publisher is Square Enix. I think the magazine is Gan Gan Wing.
rale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 02:51   Link #13
JarOfMayo

Double Chapters for this month... 61-62.

Well its over...

Spoiler for comments 61-62:
Old 2006-06-01, 03:21   Link #14
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You mean the manga actually ended?????!

*hopes for a second season hopes for a second season hopes for a second season

please please, make a second season
Old 2006-06-01, 05:38   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

So volume 12 will be the last one? Well as much as I love Mahoraba and will miss Kozue-chan, that's a good run. Still, with everything happening on the side, it could have gone a few more volumes without draging on like some other manga that just don't know when to end. Hopefully I'll be picking up volume 11 next week, which with my poor Japanese skills, I might finish reading by the time volume 12 is released, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 2006-06-01, 09:43   Link #16
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
So volume 12 will be the last one? Well as much as I love Mahoraba and will miss Kozue-chan, that's a good run. Still, with everything happening on the side, it could have gone a few more volumes without draging on like some other manga that just don't know when to end. Hopefully I'll be picking up volume 11 next week, which with my poor Japanese skills, I might finish reading by the time volume 12 is released, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Spoiler for on going a few more volumes:
Old 2006-06-01, 10:25   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah... the events of volume 11 led me to speculate volume 12 would end the series.
guess I should speed up on trying to read volume 11 properly (instead of guess and peck at the dialog). I plead getting distracted with the Yotsuba& series.

Hopefully our daring scanlator over at the Daily Manga will be able to share a translation with us soon.
Old 2006-07-07, 00:19   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Looks like volume 12 will be released on 7/27 according to the notes at amazon.co.jp --- whee for Mahoraba. We wonders if anyone will ever pick this excellent series up for translated release in the US.
Old 2006-07-07, 02:32   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Looks like volume 12 will be released on 7/27 according to the notes at amazon.co.jp --- whee for Mahoraba. We wonders if anyone will ever pick this excellent series up for translated release in the US.
7-27 eh? Shame it's the last volume... I'll have to pick it up when I'm done with volume 11. I wonder what the mahotarot card with 12 will be...

Anyway, just started on 11 yesterday. It's slow going with my limited japanese knowledge, but it's not too bad. I wish I knew a place that has a good selection of imported manga where I live. All I can get are mainstream series that are also available in english. I only have volume 11 because I picked it up when I went on vacation.

I'm sure the manga will be licensed eventually. I was hoping for an announcement at anime expo, but I guess not. Well, I'll probably just order volumes 1-10 in japanese one day in the near future. I hate to pay the shipping from Japan though...
Old 2006-08-04, 19:11   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Apparently while I wasn't looking last week, volume 12 of Mahoraba was released ... and some epilog thingie I haven't translated yet.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4...lance&n=465392
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4...lance&n=465392

Anyway.... ordering the puppies after payday next week I guess.
The covers make it fairly clear this may signal the end of the series...

edit followup: ordered the things... vol 12 and that other epilog/fan volume should be arriving in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-15 at 00:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen, slice of life