Notices

Old 2018-03-26, 19:09   Link #1601
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2018-03-27, 05:22   Link #1602
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
Yes, In Japanese culture Ikuno is expected to "Outgrow" her Lesbian interests. I'm not saying its right, but that this is where I expect things to go. Girls having crushes on other girls is nothing that raises eyebrows in the Japanese school system. The Japanese refer to this as a Class S Relationship, which supposedly teaches the young ladies about "real" relationships. Class S is not supposed to become any more physical than holding hands and hugs (BTW, this is where the 'holding hands=LEWD!' meme comes from), and is meant to be outgrown eventually, to be replaced with a typical boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, though the "Class S" relationship is expected to still remain close friends.

Because they are expected to outgrow such relationships in Japanese society, such relationships are almost always portrayed as ephemeral and doomed to a tragic end, both girl/girl and boy/boy relationships. Its a yuri and yaoi staple.

Ikuno is doomed not least because Ichigo just isn't interested that way, and now she has 'gentile Futoshi' to guide her into a 'healthy' relationship with a guy. Plenty of people will be PISSED OFF at that interpretation, because orientation don't really work that way, but its what Japanese culture would expect to happen. I don't see this show trying to give us a Diana/Akko or Mako/Ryuko relationship at all.

I suspect Ikuno is probably bisexual, not lesbian, and currently has the same hero-worship of Ichigo that Ichigo, Goro, and Mitsuru had on Hiro.

Once that changes, her own cynicism will prevent and block Futoshi from smothering her like he did Kokoro, and they will have a more healthy partnership than either had with their previous partners.
With young girls it is expected that that they have a best friends until they get a boyfriend.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 08:53   Link #1603
KPSJ

KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 10:04   Link #1604
PhoenixRising

Considering the current pattern of the episodes where they're focusing on each of the main characters thoughts, do you think that the next episode will be about Ikuno or Miku? It might be interesting to see how Ikuno handles her feelings.

Since it seems like they are focusing on the other main teams, rather than Zero-Two and Hiro. I'm kind of concerned about Zero Two's behavior, so maybe it's linked o that place that they have to bring her to. Like, the closer she gets there, the more out of it she is.

But, I'd like it if they bring up Hiro's lack of memories later on.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 10:13   Link #1605
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Considering the current pattern of the episodes where they're focusing on each of the main characters thoughts, do you think that the next episode will be about Ikuno or Miku?

Since it seems like they are focusing on the other main teams, rather than Zero-Two and Hiro.
The boys vs girls episode already covered Miku, I'd say. I'm not sure if they'll do an episode focused on Ikuno.

They're slowly hinting at things changing with 02, so I'm sure her and Hiro will come back to the fore soon. Perhaps the next episode...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 10:32   Link #1606
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
Does anyone follow the people who work on the show on Twitter? The KA for the next EP gave out a setting hint on what next EP could be about...
KA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post

a good way to understand a country is to read about what happens there.
these two news sites are much more reliable because many of these articles are written by Japanese.

https://japantoday.com/

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/
The only good way to learn about any country is to live there for some time. Period. Second hand info even from reputable sources always carry the tint of the writer's own views which may not apply to you if your own circumstances are different. But in general, as far as First World nations go, it's primarily "same shit, different appearances" no matter how much people try to differentiate among cultures.
Old 2018-03-28, 11:10   Link #1607
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
KA?

key animator actually there are a shit ton working on next EP
Old 2018-03-28, 16:13   Link #1608
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
The only good way to learn about any country is to live there for some time. Period. Second hand info even from reputable sources always carry the tint of the writer's own views which may not apply to you if your own circumstances are different. But in general, as far as First World nations go, it's primarily "same shit, different appearances" no matter how much people try to differentiate among cultures.
No, this is the best way to understand a country, but just because you can not travel there does not mean that you can not understand, otherwise it would be impossible to study nations or empires that existed in the past.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 16:23   Link #1609
KPSJ

Can we just get back on topic and talk about the show over Japan's birth rate? The preview for the 12 episode is coming soon
Old 2018-03-28, 16:32   Link #1610
Mistyclear

Just living there isn’t enough—you have to keep an unbiased view as you live there. Believe it or not there’s a tribe (I’ve forgotten their location) that believes in magic—and I’m sure you are aware of what current society thinks of it. Could you live amongst these people and not allow modern society’s viewpoint cloud your thought process and try to understand them. What of the societies that practice sacrifice? For someone who lives in modern society this sounds barbaric, but to them it’s their custom-their belief system-could you live with such people without letting your own belief system cloud your observation? Living in an area doesn’t necessarily mean you can understand better, though it does help more than just reading about it, it’s only if you can throw away all your own beliefs, (in some cases morals,) thought processing, standards of living, amongst other things and completely give yourself over to an unbiased view can you begin to understand the place and the people that live there.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 16:59   Link #1611
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Considering the current pattern of the episodes where they're focusing on each of the main characters thoughts, do you think that the next episode will be about Ikuno or Miku? It might be interesting to see how Ikuno handles her feelings.

Since it seems like they are focusing on the other main teams, rather than Zero-Two and Hiro. I'm kind of concerned about Zero Two's behavior, so maybe it's linked o that place that they have to bring her to. Like, the closer she gets there, the more out of it she is.

But, I'd like it if they bring up Hiro's lack of memories later on.
If they do another character focused episode, then it only makes sense to follow up on Ikuno after her failed attempt at piloting with Ichigo.
Old 2018-03-28, 17:51   Link #1612
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
If they do another character focused episode, then it only makes sense to follow up on Ikuno after her failed attempt at piloting with Ichigo.
Its not going to be another side character focus EP the
Spoiler for Option:

Last edited by KPSJ; 2018-03-28 at 18:17.
Old 2018-03-28, 22:25   Link #1613
Gerard07

Question, is it confirmed that Hiro is Nine Iota?
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 23:52   Link #1614
HtwoN

I just picked up this series. Loved it. Studio Triggers always has some weird but entertaining ideas lol.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 01:10   Link #1615
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
as far i know no, so far he is only considered a "prodigy" which just had a bad luck to get a bad partner
Old 2018-03-29, 02:46   Link #1616
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

How the adult form a pair anyways , random choice ? Highest compatibility ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 04:39   Link #1617
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
How the adult form a pair anyways , random choice ? Highest compatibility ?
well they seens to run some "tests" but how it is doing i really don't know.
Old 2018-03-29, 06:22   Link #1618
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
It might be 02 since in EP 10 the adult looked at her and called her a former 9. Again I could be wrong since we don't l.ow everything yet
Old 2018-03-29, 07:52   Link #1619
Idealist 99

You know, its surprising that nobody in the main cast haven't died yet!
Old 2018-03-29, 07:58   Link #1620
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Spoiler for Comments on preview:

Spoiler for Transcript and translation from reddit.com:

Last edited by Funkatron; 2018-03-29 at 08:10.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote