Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-10-02, 14:58   Link #121
Volthoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Didn't realize the Nier series is related to Drakengard.
Nier was a spin off from Drakengard's Ending E.
Volthoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 14:26   Link #122
Golden Lily

WARNING ! ! ! Nier: Automata noob here!

So I just started this game and I have few standard questions about it. I would dig on my own, but I don't wany ANY spoilers.

1) When I died for the first time I've unlocked "Ending W" or something like that and I heard there are a lot of endings in general. Is it obligatory for me to unlock them all for some kind of "secret ending" or is there no such thing at all?

2) Do results of sub-quests influence main story or are they separate things altogether?

3) Do I need no play Nier first in order to understand story here?
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 14:58   Link #123
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
WARNING ! ! ! Nier: Automata noob here!

So I just started this game and I have few standard questions about it. I would dig on my own, but I don't wany ANY spoilers.

1) When I died for the first time I've unlocked "Ending W" or something like that and I heard there are a lot of endings in general. Is it obligatory for me to unlock them all for some kind of "secret ending" or is there no such thing at all?

2) Do results of sub-quests influence main story or are they separate things altogether?

3) Do I need no play Nier first in order to understand story here?
1) Yes, if I remember correctly there is a true ending that only happens after seeing all the endings. And it's pretty trollish from what I've been told (I haven't done it myself).

3) Well if you really want to understand the story you would at least need to play drakengard 3 and see one of it's endings. Honestly just search youtube for a summary, the story is pretty out there.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:03   Link #124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I haven't played Drakengard 3 or Nier but I had no trouble understanding the story. I'm sure I missed tons of references (I know Emil is a character from Nier, for one) but I still enjoyed the story a lot.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:08   Link #125
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I dont believe there is any obligatory reason to unlock all the endings, most are in the vein of easter eggs or funny quips. Endings A to E are the main story endings if I recall correctly, which you'll get naturally by playing.

Side quests are optional but are worth for the world building, additional weapons and resources.

It's not a requirement to have played the previous Nier as side missions, items and journal entries fill in the lore linking to the previous game.

Been a while since I played so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong on any points.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 20:06   Link #126
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I dont believe there is any obligatory reason to unlock all the endings, most are in the vein of easter eggs or funny quips. Endings A to E are the main story endings if I recall correctly, which you'll get naturally by playing.

Side quests are optional but are worth for the world building, additional weapons and resources.

It's not a requirement to have played the previous Nier as side missions, items and journal entries fill in the lore linking to the previous game.

Been a while since I played so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong on any points.
This is pretty much all true yes. Endings F to Z are mostly for endings that you get either by doing something stupid ingame (like eating fish that you're warned would eat up your insides), or for doing something counter to how you're supposed to act ingame (like killing certain NPC's).

And yeah, while the sidequests aren't all that important, they better flesh out the world, and in some cases even foreshadow certain developments in the main story. Not to mention the stories they have are just nice in general.

As for the previous NieR/Drakengard connections, yeah the main story is pretty disconnected from them with most of the references to them ingame being just easter eggs, and even stuff like Emil can be understood without knowing about the previous games.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 04:37   Link #127
Golden Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
1) Yes, if I remember correctly there is a true ending that only happens after seeing all the endings. And it's pretty trollish from what I've been told (I haven't done it myself).

3) Well if you really want to understand the story you would at least need to play drakengard 3 and see one of it's endings. Honestly just search youtube for a summary, the story is pretty out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I haven't played Drakengard 3 or Nier but I had no trouble understanding the story. I'm sure I missed tons of references (I know Emil is a character from Nier, for one) but I still enjoyed the story a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
This is pretty much all true yes. Endings F to Z are mostly for endings that you get either by doing something stupid ingame (like eating fish that you're warned would eat up your insides), or for doing something counter to how you're supposed to act ingame (like killing certain NPC's).

And yeah, while the sidequests aren't all that important, they better flesh out the world, and in some cases even foreshadow certain developments in the main story. Not to mention the stories they have are just nice in general.

As for the previous NieR/Drakengard connections, yeah the main story is pretty disconnected from them with most of the references to them ingame being just easter eggs, and even stuff like Emil can be understood without knowing about the previous games.
Well, that certainly puts me at ease. Thanks everyone.
Old 2022-02-23, 08:23   Link #128
Golden Lily

NieR Automata anime confirmed:
https://dengekionline.com/articles/120150/

Produced by Aniplex. Yoko Taro will supervise story.
Old 2022-02-23, 09:37   Link #129
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Knowing Yoko Taro, I expect he would make anime got something different.

Maybe they will do something to dodge Eve as well given there's still no news about Tatsuhisa Suzuki.
Old 2023-05-09, 06:44   Link #130
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Replaying it sure gives different impressions. What I never got is what was that exact virus that ruined everybody except 9S even though Adam and Eve were already dead.
Old 2023-05-11, 12:30   Link #131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 9S:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc/steam