AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-12-23, 17:52   Link #61
FireChick

My friend who's a senior at my high school LOVES this series. He even owns two shirts.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 15:19   Link #62
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

First anime shirt I ever bought, LOL.

I'm torn about wanting more. Of course for something so brilliant six eps isn't nearly enough - but what would you change? Perfection is what it is.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 23:12   Link #63
AnimeminA

This is a great anime! I would recommend it to anyone who likes crazy action packed anime. Does anybody know of any short crazy anime kind of like this?
AnimeminA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 23:15   Link #64
AnimeminA

Question interesting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClancyDamon View Post
I'm sure everyone can attest to noticing dozens of new things every time they watch FLCL through. Well, just yesterday, a friend and I were watching the 2nd episode, and in the beginning, when Haruko is looking at an X-ray of Naota while wearing that Nurses outfit, I saw she had a nametag. Having taken a couple of classes in Japanese, I was able to read her name, but the spelling has me confused. The first 2 syllables of her name, HA and RU were spelled in Katakana: ハ and ル. The last syllable, KO, was the Kanji for Child: 子. I'm just wondering if this has some kind of signifigance. I thought I recalled from my teacher that you never mixed up words between the two character sets, meaning writing one word in both Katakana and Hirigana. Kanji obviously denotes a Hirigana spelling, so I'm wondering why this combination is. Why is her name spelled half foreign, with Katakana, and half native, with Kanji?
I have also run across this with names.. there is actually a manga almost just like that, except the first few characters are hiragana, and then KO.
AnimeminA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:49   Link #65
toniblab

i got the 4 art books for this series.2 of them are a set under a dust cover(very hard to find) the other 2 is a lot easer to find and the first one is called groundworks the other has almost 900 pages for the 6 eps.
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 01:41   Link #66
golthin

For anyone that has not yet watched the show (shame on you) Adult swim on CN is showing the show AGAIN this week!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 04:27   Link #67
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Location: all the way in Kentucky, where i live with a man named Bucky, he has a dog named Lucky.
Fooly Cooly, "most original" anime show

I searched and I have foundeth my friends! Of course, it was by luck when I typed, "anime with scooter" T_T in the google search bar.
Anyways, the show was called furi curi or Fooly Cooly.
We begin the rundown......now!
I loved this anime, it is at the top of my list as one of best animes I have ever seen. It follows a boy, Naota, who lived an everyday normal life with his brothers girlfriend, Mamimi, constantly bugging him. Everything is normal until a mysterious girl appears out of no where riding a yellow vespa (a scooter) and knocks Naota out with an electric guitar. Total randomness lol. The mystery girl is glad she didn’t kill him and gives him cpr which revives Naota that results in the mystery girl knocking him down with her guitar again. Not satisfied the mystery girl leaves, later that night Naota finds a strange “bump” sticking out of the middle of his forehead, luckily he can put it down with a bandage, incredible. Later we find the mystery girl eating at his house and has become the housekeeper due to her running Naota’s dad over ^o^. She introduces herself as Haruko and the antics ensue. Later Naota goes to find Mamimi where she eventually “overflows” (I never understood what that “truly” meant). All of a sudden the “bump” grows bigger on Naota’s head and eventually out pops a red robot and a gigantic robotic arm. The robot, with Naota caught on it, fights with arm and eventually beats the arm. Afterwards Haruko comes and knocks the robot out with her guitar which lead to the robot becoming docile and blue. The robot then starts to work as a housekeeper rather than Haruko at Naota’s home/bakery.

One thing I noticed is the voice acting in Japanese is more mellow than the American dub, I like the American dub more due to the tone matching the animation. This is an anime filled with laughs, action, intrigue, cosplay, and it has a storyline, surprising for it only has six episodes. It’s a A rating anime that all should watch and repeat watching.

Last but not least, it was trully a good show that was perhaps the most, "original" show too ever come out. I hardly see another anime idea in here but its own. But it can get very random and you'll lose your mind if you skip the few episodes. Saw it on Adult Swim and began to fall in love with it pretty fast.

ps: Im sorry if this is in the wrong part of the threads or such....
Alpha Centauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 05:06   Link #68
Tiran86

FLCL, Furi Kuri, Fooly Cooly. I love this anime. So crazy, and Haruko remains one of my absolute favorite female characters. It's one of the few anime I've ever given a 10/10. My fourth favorite anime of all time, and wins the most rewatched anime ever. I think I've seen it close to 40 times.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 13:32   Link #69
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Location: all the way in Kentucky, where i live with a man named Bucky, he has a dog named Lucky.
The dad competes for Haruko and that makes me laugh so hard. instead of just telling his son he can't do anything with her, he goes and tries too make it a competition XD
Old 2008-12-14, 15:12   Link #70
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Centauri View Post
The dad competes for Haruko and that makes me laugh so hard. instead of just telling his son he can't do anything with her, he goes and tries too make it a competition XD
That was what made it great.
It was like Evangelion, but with humor rather than mindfuck...
I mean the parallels were obvious.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 22:41   Link #71
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Was Haruko an alien, or some inter-dimensional being?
She says something about being a special space operative in like the first 3 episodes but...... I can't tell.
Old 2008-12-15, 15:35   Link #72
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Centauri View Post
Was Haruko an alien, or some inter-dimensional being?
She says something about being a special space operative in like the first 3 episodes but...... I can't tell.
She was a part of the intergalactic police corps. Or something similar.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 21:06   Link #73
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Apparently, "Galactic Space Police Brotherhood."
Old 2008-12-15, 22:55   Link #74
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
It's one of the few anime I've ever given a 10/10. My fourth favorite anime of all time, and wins the most rewatched anime ever. I think I've seen it close to 40 times.
That is probably somewhat due to the fact its so short.

Still a great series though and I actually haven't watched it completely in a year. SHould get around to doing so sometime.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 23:12   Link #75
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Great show, 12 year old boy with a 17 year old teen and another gal thats in her 20's.
Old 2008-12-16, 15:46   Link #76
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Don't forget about the Class Pres...(Since he never got beyond a kiss with Haruko)

FLCL is a show you have to watch 5 times. Once a year. Then you will understand it.

It has different meaning to people in different stages of their life.
Which is why it is such Genius.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 22:41   Link #77
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

FOOLY COOLY!
People get so argumental about this words meanings in the show.
I know, fondling and all that, but others think differently because of the way they say it.
Old 2008-12-16, 23:13   Link #78
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
FLCL is a show you have to watch 5 times. Once a year. Then you will understand it.
I thought FLCL, like any Gainax work, requires you to sit down and think about the show (or at least parts of it) Having watched this directly after Eva, it was actually LIGHTHEARTED. No, really. Well, I thought it was enjoyable. I mean, at least I didn't have to mangle my head over the series, unlike Eva. Yeah...

One song I remembered more than the rest was actually Little Busters by The Pillows. Quite a fun song, actually. First time I was exposed to an Japanese-Engrish song. Engrish for the win!! [Wait, does the visual novel Little Busters have ANYTHING to do with this?]

Yeah, FLCL. Really a fun ride.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 01:26   Link #79
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That is probably somewhat due to the fact its so short.

Still a great series though and I actually haven't watched it completely in a year. SHould get around to doing so sometime.
True, that is part of it. But I like to credit it more for being an amazing anime than for being short.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:09   Link #80
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Think of the small series as a long movie. Does that get your hopes up for a sequel? I think not....

Tags
comedy, gainax