AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-08, 00:19   Link #2441
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sometimes I think casual is better for you. Since you don't raid often, there is less chances to get bored. You aren't racing against guilds to get stuff done first, you just go and do things when offered. You also don't have to be on 5 days a week for four or more hours a night. It can be your fun time rather than your second or third job.

But than I've only been doing this for a little over a year now rather than four years like some people.
Old 2009-02-08, 03:07   Link #2442
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
A couple vids of our 6 min Maly and 3D Sarth kills if anyone is bored. The files are quite large too :X It's interesting to actually see the fight without being involved in the madness. You get to see us zone into a flame wave after taking a portal lol. Failed hard on drakes in Maly too for some reason... Anyways, the videos are pretty well done...though I like the Sarth video better.

Maly - http://files.filefront.com/6minkilla.../fileinfo.html

Sarth - http://files.filefront.com/25m3dsart.../fileinfo.html
Old 2009-02-08, 06:04   Link #2443
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

We were doing the Dedicated Few tonight for 10m Naxx... had our first death of the night on KT at 20% (Healer Ice Blocked) Q_Q... nearly had the Undying at the same time heh. Did Less is More as well.
Old 2009-02-08, 08:23   Link #2444
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I have no screens like that atm and have never even paid attention to how much Bloodthirsty healed my pet for, but:

Yes prowl and cower being autoactivated is a bug, it's existed ever since the change to hunter pet mechanics and it's a total pain in the ass.

Everyone says gorilla is the best leveling pet and that you can aoe grind with it but personally I have always considered that a waste of time. I was typically killing mobs fast enough one on one that taking the time to gather them all up and let the gorilla build aggro would have been slower. It probably is the best pet for holding aggro overall because of the extra threat on thunderclap but with Feign Death, Disengage, Traps, or a basic knowledge of how to kite for a second, pulling aggro off your pet is not nearly as big an issue as many bad hunters make it out to be. You should be killing stuff fast enough that it doesn't even matter. As far as taking hits goes, like you said, even a ferocity pet can manage 2-3 mobs at once, tenacity pets aren't really needed. Not to mention, there is no real challenge in leveling regardless, nothing that would require a specific pet. I was solo'ing elites fine with cat and moth ferocity pets.

My recommendation is, just use whatever you like the best.
Was hoping to spam around multi to kill multiple mobs. But my cat pet can't hold aggro than ^.^ Overall, i'm fairly happy with my cat pet. 2 more levels needed for lock and load. Will see how free arcane packs out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Can't help you with recount since it lags me. As for the autocast prowl thing, just keep prowl on your pet bar. It won't autocast that way.
Did, will check if it works well. I notice my Dash suddenly being disabled oO Will see if it happens more often. removed dash from pet bar along with rake for Prowl and Cower.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:52   Link #2445
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Any warlocks try to arena recently? :P

Luckily I'm Meta/Ruin right now. >.>; That extra armor and immolation aura hurts.
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:32   Link #2446
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Was hoping to spam around multi to kill multiple mobs. But my cat pet can't hold aggro than ^.^ Overall, i'm fairly happy with my cat pet. 2 more levels needed for lock and load. Will see how free arcane packs out
The cooldown makes multi not really spammable. Mobs should definitely be dead within the cooldown time. You could spam Volley but you'd run out of mana pretty fast.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 13:53   Link #2447
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

i'm already running out of mana in 4-5 pulls.

I finally got Lock and Loaded fully skilled too. The proc chance is somewhat meh, but saves some mana. Hope i won't have to use aspect of the viper to often. The damage penalty really isn't fun as Last Sinner mentioned.

Did another run through Uldaman. No gun drop, no polerarm. But did got a new ring and new boots and heap load of exp.

Made it to 43 today from 39.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 18:31   Link #2448
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Keep it up, Sephi.

I had the chance to jump on yesterday. By a complete fluke, I finally got that elusive Stormchops recipe from the Dalaran cooking daily...Weird, I thought it only had the Chocolate Cake recipe. Anyways, that finally allowed me to get the Outland Gourmet achievement. Now I just need to get the Northrend Gourmet achievement and I'll get the Chef title.

I don't know when it happened but somehow, Arcane has gone ahead of FFB in Mage damage. I respecced after I saw an Arcane mage smash the dps metre in a Sarth 2D alt run (we almost had 3D done with alts....damn that %^!$^& Vesperon!) and then I topped the metre on Malygos. Can't believe it...Arcane Blast is finally an awesome spell! And PvP is finally fun again with a dual purpose spec...wow. If Blizzard ruin Arcane again in 3.1, I'll rage.

Also finally got that darn PvP achievement Damage Control...I swear I'd done the requirements several times before, but this time it finally counted.
Old 2009-02-08, 19:27   Link #2449
Mr Hat and Clogs

I love the arcane tree the fact that it is now viable is just gravy to me. The spec is fun to play now and reminds me a lot of D&D mages. The damage output is awesome though, I had to convince one of our mages to spec it for the next raid.

(nerdish moment, I was playing me psp and it occured to me that AB looks like senbonzakura from Bleach. Then again maybe I'm just using byakuya to much.)
Old 2009-02-09, 01:24   Link #2450
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It just gets even freakier...my Arcane Blasts and Arcane Barrages are hitting for almost the same as Frostfire Bolt. It just doesn't seem right...but I don't have a problem with it. ^^
Old 2009-02-09, 04:40   Link #2451
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Sometimes I think casual is better for you. Since you don't raid often, there is less chances to get bored. You aren't racing against guilds to get stuff done first, you just go and do things when offered. You also don't have to be on 5 days a week for four or more hours a night. It can be your fun time rather than your second or third job.

But than I've only been doing this for a little over a year now rather than four years like some people.
No, I agree. Whenever I start to play this game hardcore (which, for me, means logging in at least five days a week) I tends to get bored of the game really fast. Such as right now. I haven't touched the game in months, because it bored me.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 13:02   Link #2452
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I love the arcane tree the fact that it is now viable is just gravy to me. The spec is fun to play now and reminds me a lot of D&D mages. The damage output is awesome though, I had to convince one of our mages to spec it for the next raid.

(nerdish moment, I was playing me psp and it occured to me that AB looks like senbonzakura from Bleach. Then again maybe I'm just using byakuya to much.)
The problem with having all the mages go Arcane is that the raid loses the Improved Scorch debuff. Or at least the mages in my guild lost it when they went Arcane... Anyway, 10% crit for all your casters is an awful lot to sacrifice. I suppose it's Blizzard's fault for leaving such a powerful buff as spec specific.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 13:51   Link #2453
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm. So they shifted Mages to Arcane and Warlocks to Fire and yet it doesn't sync up even with the main Warlock Curse of Elements being up?

Speaking of which, how are warlocks doing now? I've not really played mine much since 3.08 started (been working on alts), though I thought I noticed an increase in my Choas Bolt damage while helping a Paladin with his Netherwing rep (those 72 elite patrolling dragonkin hit way hard, it took both of us to take one down).
Old 2009-02-09, 14:53   Link #2454
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Hmmm. So they shifted Mages to Arcane and Warlocks to Fire and yet it doesn't sync up even with the main Warlock Curse of Elements being up?

Speaking of which, how are warlocks doing now? I've not really played mine much since 3.08 started (been working on alts), though I thought I noticed an increase in my Choas Bolt damage while helping a Paladin with his Netherwing rep (those 72 elite patrolling dragonkin hit way hard, it took both of us to take one down).
1. They changed Curse of Elements to work on all magic in 3.0, while obviously removing Curse of Shadows since it was redundant. They also gave that debuff to Moonkin and Unholy DKs, although it doesn't stack (it's better when they do it since it doesn't take a curse slot). So, your first point is obsolete (or I misunderstood it).

2. I'm not sure about all locks, but the one I know that's good is competing with me (elemental shaman) for number one dps in all our raids. I'm not sure if that's just a reflection of the rest of our guild though. ~5500 dps on Patchwerk (the gimmickless fight). He's Affliction, btw.
Old 2009-02-09, 15:03   Link #2455
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

By sync up I meant the switch to Firelocking yet altering the Mages to Arcane so that Improved Scorch is not up almost defeated to idea of the shift even with the change to Curse of Element as universal. And with Improved Shadowbolt being user-lock only, defeats going back to old style Shadowlocking.

But then I've not been keeping up with what is going on on the boards since shortly after the expansion released. I'd gone through the shift at 3.0 posts, but after that I stopped reading and was more into playing (leveling). I've also always played Destruction(fire) just because that is what sounded the most interesting while I was leveling originally (without reading any boards) starting at the end of 2.2.
Old 2009-02-09, 15:08   Link #2456
Clarste
Human

Quote:
By sync up I meant the switch to Firelocking yet altering the Mages to Arcane so that Improved Scorch is not up almost defeated to idea of the shift even with the change to Curse of Element as universal. And with Improved Shadowbolt being user-lock only, defeats going back to old style Shadowlocking.

But then I've not been keeping up with what is going on on the boards since shortly after the expansion released. I'd gone through the shift at 3.0 posts, but after that I stopped reading and was more into playing (leveling). I've also always played Destruction(fire) just because that is what sounded the most interesting while I was leveling originally (without reading any boards) starting at the end of 2.2.
Improved Scorch now does 10% spellcrit for all elements. Basically, there are no element synergies at all anymore, so it doesn't really matter who's doing what element. Although losing 10% spellcrit from all the mages going Arcane is kind of annoying.
Old 2009-02-09, 15:51   Link #2457
Mr Hat and Clogs

One mage can cover Imp Socrch, thats the way we're gona try it tomorrow night. Leave one as FFB, and the other spec Arc. Failing that, even if all mages went arc, it is possible to get Imp Scorch in one of the builds, although its DPS is a little less then the one that goes for Icy Veins but still quite comparable.
Old 2009-02-10, 19:09   Link #2458
Mr Hat and Clogs

omg double post!

Woops, MMO's are legal in Australia after all.

lol...

The last paragraph is quite accurate though, and sums up like most of Australia's policies on gaming and internet use in general, not just limited to the classification act.
Old 2009-02-10, 21:24   Link #2459
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this has to be the most funniest thing i seen on Youtube X'D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpkQSB_h5lY

yes its World of Warcraft related...
Old 2009-02-11, 02:52   Link #2460
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So now we are on patch 3.09.
I saw it start downloading and was hoping is was 3.1....guess not yet.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows