AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-07-29, 01:03   Link #61
BlueCosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
To be fair (sort of; it's still Kishi's fault either way), he drove himself into a corner the moment he started having Kabuto use Edo Tensei on such a large scale. From that moment on, we were doomed to face either talk-no-jutsu ad nauseum, .
Random Zombie sealed POOF!! This sealing jutsu has been sponsored by kishi snacky smores The snack with a smore like attack
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 01:15   Link #62
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ Unfortunately Kishi has been lacking in the interesting Fuinjutsu. He seems to really like laundry-no-justu. Wrap a zombie in cloth and slap a sealing tag on them. Seems to be a specialty of the Suna females. I wonder how fast the girls in Suna can sort whites and colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Given there are no sealers nearby, this seems to be the only way to defeat Itachi and Nagato. This is Naruto we are talking about. The master of talk-no-jutsu.
This is likely how Naruto will defeat both of them. Nagato and Itachi are now converts to Narutism. You can't even escape it in death. Kabuto doesn't seem to have enough power to take control of both so there is nothing he can do. After Itachi explains the crow, there is no point to his character. He fulfilled his role in the plot. So his soul/whatever will be released.

Naruto doesn't know about Konan. His last memory of her was getting flowers and hearing her intention of leading the Hidden Rain. Nagato will never learn of her death by Madara unless Naruto learns it from one of his clones. BTW, I guess Naruto now has almost unlimited chakra. It's just ridiculous.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 04:17   Link #63
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Banshō Ten'in? Animal Path-esque Summoning? He might not literally be showing the Rinnegan (might be mistaking that), but those are definitely Rinnegan techniques...

Edit: To clarify, while he doesn't have the Six Paths, his status as the Seventh Path should be intact, and definitely appears to be.
Oh! So there is a seventh body which is of course Nagato and he contains all the ability of the Rinnegan and can use it all at the same time rather than the Six Paths which is limited with one ability only………my bad not knowing about that. Thanks anyway.

And yeah…. why majority of the post about the raven speculations seem is for counter-attacking the MS….you know it, right? That MS is the ultimate source of power for Sasuke, I mean, the source of his Amaterasu and Susanoo and all………if that raven put to Naruto by Itachi is for stopping that, then Sasuke will be left vulnerable and worthless. He doesn’t stand a chance against Naruto then.

And so, I’m thinking the opposite side which might the raven is meant for weakening Naruto. I remember when Sasuke use his MS to Bee before and his MS doesn’t stand a chance against the power of the jinjuriki so I’m assuming that Naruto’s jinjuriki is powerful enough for countering the MS.

Itachi have high hopes to Naruto that he will still able to redeem Sasuke(me too) …..and so I don’t think he’s planning to hurt his little brother by giving more power to Naruto. Itachi know it, that Naruto himself is much much much more enough to redeem Sasuke. And if Kishi wants the final battle of Naruto vs. Sasuke more exciting. He must make Sasuke be equal footing to Naruto. (but seems like the raven is unfair..)

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 06:03   Link #64
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_ayanami17 View Post
And yeah…. why majority of the post about the raven speculations seem is for counter-attacking the MS….you know it, right? That MS is the ultimate source of power for Sasuke, I mean, the source of his Amaterasu and Susanoo and all………if that raven put to Naruto by Itachi is for stopping that, then Sasuke will be left vulnerable and worthless. He doesn’t stand a chance against Naruto then.
Or it's probably a little talk left by Itachi:

Sasuke: Mangekyou Sharingan!
*crow comes out of Naruto's mouth*
Naruto: *barfs*
Crow-Itachi: Hello, brother. Madara lied to you and he was a piece of ****. Actually, Madara went to Konoha and smashed it with the Nine-Tails.
Madara: S***.
Sasuke: MADARA YOU F***ING LIAR!!!!!!!! AMATERASU!
Old 2011-07-29, 07:51   Link #65
Akashin

Quote:
Oh! So there is a seventh body which is of course Nagato and he contains all the ability of the Rinnegan and can use it all at the same time rather than the Six Paths which is limited with one ability only………my bad not knowing about that. Thanks anyway.
He said as much after Naruto took out the Deva Path; he said that as the Seventh Path he has all the powers of the Six Paths, plus the resurrection jutsu only he had access to. My guess was that the Six Paths were a backup plan he came up with after his body started crapping out on him, but Madara using the Six Paths for seemingly no discernible reason (other than, "Why not?") throws a bit of a wrench in that theory.

Then again, he could just be using them for the extra pairs of eyes to cover blind spots, since unlike Nagato he can fight alongside his Six Paths. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Or it's probably a little talk left by Itachi:

Sasuke: Mangekyou Sharingan!
*crow comes out of Naruto's mouth*
Naruto: *barfs*
Crow-Itachi: Hello, brother. Madara lied to you and he was a piece of ****. Actually, Madara went to Konoha and smashed it with the Nine-Tails.
Madara: S***.
Sasuke: MADARA YOU F***ING LIAR!!!!!!!! AMATERASU!
I could see the crow perhaps being something like this, though I have a lot of trouble swallowing that Itachi could have shown this level of foresight (and his surprise at learning that Madara twisted Sasuke implies he didn't fully anticipate it). That said, I agree that removing Sasuke's MS removes any and all challenge from their fight. Not that Sasuke could really stand up to Naruto with anything but Genjutsu at this point anyway...
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 07:52   Link #66
mrShady

Quote:

And so, I’m thinking the opposite side which might the raven is meant for weakening Naruto. I remember when Sasuke use his MS to Bee before and his MS doesn’t stand a chance against the power of the jinjuriki so I’m assuming that Naruto’s jinjuriki is powerful enough for countering the MS.

Itachi have high hopes to Naruto that he will still able to redeem Sasuke(me too) …..and so I don’t think he’s planning to hurt his little brother by giving more power to Naruto. Itachi know it, that Naruto himself is much much much more enough to redeem Sasuke. And if Kishi wants the final battle of Naruto vs. Sasuke more exciting. He must make Sasuke be equal footing to Naruto. (but seems like the raven is unfair..)
Naruto has no defence against genjutsu, thus the moment Sasuke uses tsukuyomi it's game over for Naruto. Thus my guess is it's a Tsukuyomi counter.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 10:30   Link #67
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Naruto has no defence against genjutsu, thus the moment Sasuke uses tsukuyomi it's game over for Naruto. Thus my guess is it's a Tsukuyomi counter.
In all fairness, Sasuke's Tsukiyomi is rather pathetic compared to Itachi's. We haven't seen it maintain effect on a target for more than a few seconds, and he can't even manipulate perception of time within the illusion.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 10:32   Link #68
sayde

Maybe Naruto doesn't need a counter for genjutsu. Maybe Kishi can pull a Kubo by simply ignoring Sasuke's genjutsu abilities during their final battle.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 10:40   Link #69
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
In all fairness, Sasuke's Tsukiyomi is rather pathetic compared to Itachi's. We haven't seen it maintain effect on a target for more than a few seconds, and he can't even manipulate perception of time within the illusion.
Who knows what having the EMS might do to that though. Given that he remarked about being able to feel Itachi's power, I'm willing to guess his Genjutsu will be at least somewhat more powerful.
Old 2011-07-29, 11:12   Link #70
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
True, however just imagine Naruto being imobilized for 5 seconds. Those black flames have all the time they need to end the fight rather soon.
The fight with Danzo showed us that it doesn't need to be all powerfull or have a long duration a small but effective change was enough to end the fight with Danzo.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 11:34   Link #71
Casshern

Since Itachi died tsukuyomi has been downplayed alot by Kishi, simply because it's so overpowered. Consider that Itachi only used that jutsu on Sasuke and Kakashi, where Kakashi was used to show just how powerful it is, and for Sasuke it was one of the biggest obstacles to overcome. Even if Sasuke can't alter the victim's perception of time, the whole point of tsukuyomi compared to other genjutsu is that the user has complete control over his victim and he can even kill the victim from within the genjutsu.

The only reason Danzo was able to escape Sasuke's tsukuyomi was thanks to the trap seal he placed earlier on Sasuke without the later noticing. Danzo was fortunate that he had a great understanding of MS jutsu and was able to plan ahead, while Sasuke was fighting Danzo without knowing anything about his techniques. If it wasn't for Danzo's foresight, the fight would have ended as soon as tsukuyomi was cast.

As for the genjutsu that tricked Danzo in the end, I think that was just a normal genjutsu, though not 100% sure.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 13:47   Link #72
Xagzan

I hope Itachi says more about what he thinks should be done with Sasuke than telling Naruto to "take care of him." Vague much?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 14:26   Link #73
epyon96

Seems that there is a consensus now that Tsukuyomi is confirmed to not require manipulation of time as senior forum member Hunter had suggested.

Tsukuyomi is simply a more powerful form of Genjutsu that allows control of all senses.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 14:57   Link #74
Kallen4life

tsukuyomi is a genjutsu that puts the mind of the afflicted inside a world which the caster can manipulate freely at will, like a god

I assume the body itself just sorta slumps to the ground for the duration of the genjutsu (or just stands still), the afflicted cannot control it, but the caster also cannot make it move, it's not mind-control

only Itachi so far has shown the degree of mastery with it that also allows for time to pass much faster inside the illusion then in the outside world
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 17:17   Link #75
Ero-Senn1n

What Sasuke uses is not Tsukiyomi, it's just some MS genjutsu. Sure with Itachi's eyes Sasuke may be able to use Tsukiyomi, but we will see that only in the big Naruto vs Sasuke battle.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 17:33   Link #76
Akashin

Didn't Sasuke use what appeared to be Tsukuyomi on that random Kumo nin while gathering intel on where Killer Bee was, or am I misremembering?
Old 2011-07-29, 18:50   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
Seems that there is a consensus now that Tsukuyomi is confirmed to not require manipulation of time as senior forum member Hunter had suggested.

Tsukuyomi is simply a more powerful form of Genjutsu that allows control of all senses.
Actually I suggested exactly the opposite.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 19:47   Link #78
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
You still need to master both Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu in order to get access to the third technique: Susanoo. The idea that Sasuke hasn't used Tsukuyomi is ridiculous. The assumption here isn't that Sasuke has achieved Tsukuyomi. It's quite obvious that Kishi made the distinction between Sasu's version of Tsukuyomi and it is vastly inferior to Itachi, compared to his mastery of Amaterasu vs Itachi.

Here the assumption is that regular genjutsu cast from an MS Sharingan should be more powerful than a Three-tomoe sharingan and that Sasuke never actually used Tsukuyomi so far. I call bullshit.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 20:15   Link #79
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

No, to be able to access Susanoo you need to master the MS in both your eyes, which in Sasuke's case has been with Amaterasu and Kagutsuchi. Sasuke has never once mentioned the name of Tsukuyomi and his various usage of Genjutsu never had control over space and time which the defining aspect of Tsukuyomi.
The only single thing over which you can build the assumption that Sasuke uses Tsukuyomi is the inverted color theme that was used once during his fight against Killer Bee.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 03:29   Link #80
Kallen4life

well up till now I was 99.9% sure that Sasuke used Tsukuyomi on Bee in their fight and Hachibi snapped Bee out of it .. on that random Kumo nin - not sure, perhaps not .. and I think the inverted color scheme IS the ONLY thing required to define Tsukuyomi (other then it's name spoken), the time manipulation is just something extra Itachi achieved, because he's so damn good @ genjutsu .. although I personally think Madara can do it too

I see no reason why Sasuke can't or shouldn't use Tsukuyomi, even if it is inferior to Itachi's .. it's still one of the most powerful genjutsu in existence and is pretty damn handy in a fight against a target with no genjutsu-defence

Quote:
Kagutsuchi
wth is that ?

hmm
Quote:
This technique applies Shape Transformation to the inextinguishable black flames of Amaterasu, turning them into a spiked barrier that not only shields the user, but also burns and pierces the opponent if they touch them. While Amaterasu is cast from Sasuke's left eye, this technique is controlled through his right eye
eh, I kinda assumed it's just Amaterasu manipulation, which Itachi couldn't do (as far as we know), because Sasuke is more proficient with ninjutsu and Itachi with genjutsu .. and NOT like a 2-nd separate MS technique in place of Tsukuyomi

if it is indeed the 2-nd - sucks for Sasuke, he lost a powerful genjutsu for this, Susanoo shields him anyway (and much better .. Raikage still went through the flame shield), although taking up more chakra
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion