AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-13, 15:08   Link #3481
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Seems like Athena knows about the debt Hayate's parents left him with.
Not only that, Athena is well aware of Hayate's current situation. She knows of his debt, she knows he's living with Nagi as her butler, and she knows he's in Hakuō, since she was the one who allowed him in.

All of this is quite a big issue for her, because it seems she does need that original stone. However, she also realises Hayate has been leading a happy life, and she doesn't want to take that from him. In fact, she was expecting him to go back home once he woke up.

This was a quite sad chapter from Athena's perspective, in my opinion. There's a part which basically goes like this:

Spoiler for Pages 11-12:
Old 2009-10-13, 15:40   Link #3482
zodanhko
*ignoring*

The full translations is on mangahelper. What an internal conflict she is having...
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 15:57   Link #3483
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
The full translations is on mangahelper.
Well, shit...
Old 2009-10-13, 16:04   Link #3484
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I don't know what it is but is it horse or bull?
Old 2009-10-13, 16:07   Link #3485
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Everyone is hiding that they're online. Lol, what's the point of that?

Athena is quite contradicting herself. She basically doesn't want to hurt him, but also wants the gem. If Hayate confesses to her, I don't see why wouldn't she accept him, since she still likes him.

Kay, now..

1. Hayate confesses, she turns around pretending not to care / other negative reaction...
2. Hayate confesses, she turns around looking happy, and accepts his feelings.
3. Hayate confesses, she runs awaaaayyyyyy...
4. Hayate is interrupted, she yells him out / Machi interrupts / some other interruption...
5. 3.1 Hayate chases her, but is still unwell, thus he fails, what follows is unknown, 3.2 Hayate is successful, he grabs her hand and turns her around only to see her teary face (she's still conflicted).
6. Athena lies that she doesn't know him (Hayata totally doesn't take the bait, after she even turned around, the ring, other hints...).
7. She turns around and does a Wataru "Oh, my finger!".
8. She seriously answers him, but interrupts him with other stuff - Machi returns.
9. /, but prevents him from answering, or derails the conversation.
10. They both reconcile and Athena admits that she's still in love with him, buuuut........
11. /, and then they talk about the gem, or something else.
12. She turns around and music starts playing. EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING~ what happens after that is a mystery

13. ? add something.. I'm out of ideas.

Hata will probably disappoint :<
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:32   Link #3486
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Dude, it is internal conflicts I tell ya...

Right now, Athena is thinking that it'd be selfish if she says she loves him. She is blaming herself equally or even more than Hayate blaming himself. Life is harsh...Although, I'm enjoying this.

Love the fact that Athena was always watching Hayate from far away...guardian angel goddess?
Old 2009-10-13, 16:40   Link #3487
Rah

*cough*

SSSSUUUUUURRRREEEEEEEEE!!

Are you kidding? Instead of just watching she could have helped him, don't ya think? Guardian whatever my ass! PICK SOMETHING ALREADY! 1. Selfishly take the damn gem 2. Screw the gem, I got money (Kaiba reference)! 3. Take both!

Who wants 3? I do, even though I'd be happier with a Nagi pairing! Quit acting all emo! what's past is past, now just take him, or ya'll regret it later!
Old 2009-10-13, 16:47   Link #3488
zodanhko
*ignoring*

First, tell me how she can helped him? His life is already as peaceful and fulfilling as it is which was why she was trying to avoid him in the first place...And she pretty much helped him entered the Hakou without him realizing it.

If he got abandoned by the Sanzein and got no place to live or something similar, who do you think will be there for him next time? She was watching him from afar but is happy as long he has his happiness and won't disturb his happiness. Sounds like a guardian angel to me.
Old 2009-10-13, 16:48   Link #3489
Used Can

But, this way is more dramatic, isn't it? Didn't you want drama, Rah?

Anyway, her behaviour is completely normal. Sure, what's past is past, but the way they parted way is still an issue. In addition, we do not know what she wants the original gem for, but it seems she does need it. However, she doesn't want to take Hayate's peaceful life away.
Old 2009-10-13, 17:17   Link #3490
Rah

Ah, sorry bout that, but I meant before he met Nagi. He's with Nagi now for only 4 months, if I'm not mistaken...

She left the RG sometime after the quarrel with Hayate, and the path closed the day after that. I don't know what she did then, but it certainly didn't take her 10 years to regain her wealth / status (if she didn't already have them - dunno what the RG meant to her...). With her magic powers, or by conventional means, she could watch over him. Locating him wouldn't be that difficult, and I doubt that she looked for him only after she found out about his attempt to enroll into Hakuo. That would completely deny her feelings for him for the past 10 years. With her wealth, monitoring him would be ridiculously easy. But this isn't the same for Hayata-chan! He might have asked around about her, or her family name at first, but he had loads of other problems to deal with, and even if he found any info about her, what could possibly a 7+ year old kid do about it?

@Used

It all depends on my mood & emotion. I constantly change my opinions, sides, whatever (extremely moody for short), and do things based on them (who needs logic? what are these "consequences" you speak of? lol). Besides that, for a bonus I'm also very contradicting (yay!), which isn't a very good thing IRL. I tend to do many things that I regret later, but this is irrelevant here.

10 years is a long time to resolve any "internal conflicts" about the event. Lending it wouldn't be a problem, unless the gem needs to be placed in a device / location (to keep the path open, or to enable the constant activation of whatever...). She (they) could try to find the cause of Hayate's misfortunes. She probably knows of Isumi, so why don't they just cooperate? Also, doesn't Isumi sense extreme bad luck from him? She sensed it from the gem and all...

Perhaps Athena doesn't know that it was purified? Wait, that doesn't make sense...

The gem currently wards him from misfortune (in its purified form..), yeh? So it's basically blocking the source. Or nullifying it. If Hayate has one inside of him then... 50% dark (inside of him) vs 50% light (around his neck) = 0

Heh, who knows.. it might be something random. Spoilers will come afloat in a day or two (hope Hata doesn't screw it up!), and the ISML results will be listed in 5 hours. GO HINA!
Old 2009-10-13, 17:25   Link #3491
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i'll quote something from the translation

Quote:
Athena: I heard about how his parents tried to sell him for a 150 million yen.
Athena: And I've heard about how...
Athena: he's had a horrible life for these past 10 years thanks to those parents of his..

Athena: If I had been a little calmer back then, I might have been able to save Hayate.
Athena: When I think about that, my chest hurts.

Athena: So...I was always searching for him.
Athena: I had decided that next time I would save him from his parents.

Athena: But that wish didn't come true either.

Athena: So I was always watching you...
Athena: You were saved by someone else and I watched you as you smiled with someone else.
Athena: Always watching... Watching from afar...
She didn't know Hayate was suffering WHILE she tried to look for him, she found out only after the Hakuo event. Also how do you know she has tracking powers -__- she can try to search for the gate but as far as we know that tracking ability doesnt work on people, also the fact that she had her own agenda as well.

Also dont go blaming Athena's indecision, shes not the only one who drags issues longer than they should *cough*Hinagiku's confession*cough*
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 17:35   Link #3492
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Game has it...
Old 2009-10-13, 17:37   Link #3493
Rah

1. Yeah, I know. They're all very indecisive.

2. So..... if that's true, then Athena doesn't really give a damn about Hayate. I don't believe in "Oh, I remember you now. It's been 10 years, sure I thought of you at times, yadda yadda (yeh, I didn't bother searching), I'm so conflicted nao!"

Yupz, I'm in no mood to quote.
Old 2009-10-13, 17:42   Link #3494
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
2. So..... if that's true, then Athena doesn't really give a damn about Hayate. I don't believe in "Oh, I remember you now. It's been 10 years, sure I thought of you at times, yadda yadda (yeh, I didn't bother searching), I'm so conflicted nao!"
but she WAS searching....wtf?
Old 2009-10-13, 17:44   Link #3495
Rah

No.

She has billions.

With that money you can find a normal person instantly. Unless, of course that person is hiding. Was he? Hata is spewing bullshit.
Old 2009-10-13, 17:56   Link #3496
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Lets skip Hata, screwed his ideas. Rah, you are going to take over and make us proud, right?
Old 2009-10-13, 17:57   Link #3497
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Does Aika know about Athena's decision from before to "one day save Hayate from his parents?"
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 18:03   Link #3498
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
No.

She has billions.

With that money you can find a normal person instantly. Unless, of course that person is hiding. Was he? Hata is spewing bullshit.
disregard common sense for the sake of plot, welcome to the world of manga D:
Old 2009-10-13, 18:05   Link #3499
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I doubt anyone realized that Hayate and Athena were acquaintances until recently. Hina confirmed, the Trio maybe but they'll doubt it.
Old 2009-10-13, 18:25   Link #3500
Rah

Fine... common sense fails.

I don't care as long as she doesn't deny her feelings. She needs to either take the gem, or ask Hayate to join her. This is the ONLY time that he may actually accept (yeah, even betraying Nagi and all that - at least I think so atm). Leaving the gem with him is not an option, unless there is *drumroll* a dangerous alternative that could replace it (this way Hayate doesn't get hurt, and she might get back into the RG, or whatever this alternative might do..). -_-

Hayate will get closure with her, and move on if she denies that she still loves him. That's BS!

Well, he might try to win her over, but then her tsundere mode will kick in, and we all know how frekkin' dense Hayate is. He won't understand no matter how many hints she might give off!

Jeez... so annoying!

Tags
comedy, shounen