Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-24, 17:01   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Keitai Shoujo

Production Company: Studio Hibari

Expected Release Date: January 2007

Genre: Romance

The show is based on a cell phone game. The genre mentions romance which is reason enough for me to look forward to this show! The VA cast is a impressive one as every one of these names have been involved in good shows:

Koshimizu Ami as Ichiru Mishima
Terada Haruhi as Rin
Ueda Kana as Miya Gotou
Nazuka Kaori as Momoka Fujimiya
Takahashi Mikako as Sayo Tomoe
Satou Rina as Ayano Yamada

Understndably, there is still no synopsis I could get hold off considering the type of game this is.

Update 01/01/2007: Added production company, website url, and the VA cast. Something else that I've learned about this type of cell phone games in general which I found pretty interesting: A player chooses a virtual girlfriend who, then, may have to buy "gifts" with real money. Otherwise, the girlfriend may get upset enough to break away from the relationship. Apparently, I have just started to scratch the surface behind the concept of otaku-ness. I'm afraid that this honorary title may be beyond my reach after all.

Last edited by monir; 2007-01-02 at 03:30.
Old 2007-01-19, 09:29   Link #2
cyth
Banned

Keitai Shoujo's (Cellphone Girl) official Yahoo! Japan blog is now taking a vote which may determine the course of the story of the anime version. Yahoo! Japan members are welcomed to pick a girl from the poll. Specifics about the poll in question are still not known.

The registration to acquire Yahoo! Japan's ID is free of charge and it's required to cast the vote on the blog. You can check out all the girls on this page, and make up your mind.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-01-21 at 12:11.
Old 2007-01-19, 13:39   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Interesting! So, there is still no story. I'm betting on that this show is either going to be craptacular, or spectacular. I don't believe there is going to be a middleground for success for this show. Thanks for the info Toua!
Old 2007-02-21, 07:00   Link #4
NeoSam

Now I want to watch this LOL

A Keitai Shoujo manga started serialization since 19/1/2007 in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Fang.

Manga site:
http://www.fangcomic.jp/pc/home/2007/02/keitai.php
Old 2007-02-21, 13:03   Link #5
NeoSam

Its also getting a game for the PC thats titled: Keitai Shoujo PC (ケータイ少女PC), its getting released on March 2, 2007.

Here's the site for the pc game:
http://www.kogado.com/html/panda/rin/index.html
Old 2007-02-21, 13:09   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
I'm intrigued! *cough*
Old 2007-03-13, 12:01   Link #7
NeoSam

Character sketches can now be viewed here:
http://www.ktai-s.net/chara/index.html
Old 2007-03-21, 22:50   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot for Episode 1:

Hmmm.. The is 6 minutes and 43 seconds long. The length didn't prevent it to have a full fledge OP and ED theme which left 3:35 for the content itself. What transpired in this 3 minutes and change, you ask? Well,

Spoiler for episode 1:

I've never seen an anime episode as short as this. The closest I've come at watching a series in respect to length as short as this is Wind~ A Breath of Heart. Btw, this series has 4 more episodes. I sure hope they can flesh out a plot in those remaining episodes.
Old 2007-03-21, 23:59   Link #9
Devastator

Judging by episode 1, I'd say very unlikely. My original (and current) speculation is that it'll just give each character that same 3-4 minute focus just to see what type of person they are. Though I must say, I was astonished by the shortness of the episode.

The image that you have there. Is it from one of the raws, or is that the actual sort of quality and resolution of the broadcast? I've seen raws that were 640x480 and 480x360 floating around, and they looked extremely blocky on my screen.
Old 2007-03-22, 01:01   Link #10
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, I'd vote for Ayano if I could. That prob means she's going to lose.
Old 2007-03-22, 01:12   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
Judging by episode 1, I'd say very unlikely.
Me hoping for a story was a badly constructed pun that was supposed to be poking fun at the so called "story", but as usual, my try to be witty fails spectacularly. I still have hard time admitting to myself that I'm simply not funny. My humble apology.

Oh yes, I watched the 640x480 RAW.
Old 2007-03-22, 09:04   Link #12
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, I'd vote for Ayano if I could. That prob means she's going to lose.
No~! Don't say that! I want her to win <.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Me hoping for a story was a badly constructed pun that was supposed to be poking fun at the so called "story", but as usual, my try to be witty fails spectacularly. I still have hard time admitting to myself that I'm simply not funny. My humble apology.
Well... I must say, I take a lot of things seriously. So it wasn't entirely your fault (:

I'd feel sorry for anyone who was planning to sub this though, considering the quality of all the raws I've seen so far.
Old 2007-03-22, 21:40   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is clearly a ridiculous little piece of fluff. The story is banal, the look is generic, the story only lasts a bit over three minutes...and yet...and yet.... I found myself actually enjoying it. For three reasons: Koshimizu Ami, who has become such a great pro, one of the best; the fact that they actually telescoped what would bore and frustrate you for 20 minutes into three efficient minutes that told the same story; and the just perfect singing of the idol-pop ED by the cast -- they really chose seiyuu who could sing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-03-22, 21:54   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
I'd feel sorry for anyone who was planning to sub this though, considering the quality of all the raws I've seen so far.
The quality of the capture is quite understandable considering this is a ONA series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This is clearly a ridiculous little piece of fluff. The story is banal, the look is generic, the story only lasts a bit over three minutes...and yet...and yet.... I found myself actually enjoying it. For three reasons: Koshimizu Ami, who has become such a great pro, one of the best; the fact that they actually telescoped what would bore and frustrate you for 20 minutes into three efficient minutes that told the same story; and the just perfect singing of the idol-pop ED by the cast -- they really chose seiyuu who could sing.
As soon as I saw your post, I knew you would have something positive to say about this show, and I wasn't disappointed. Who knows, may be it will end up having a TV series of its own providing this ONA attracts a potential producer or two.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:00   Link #15
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
The songs are really catchy.

*dances*

Anyone got transcriptions to dance to? ^^

Only about 3:30 of actual content... that's cute. XD
Old 2007-03-30, 19:09   Link #16
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I've gotta agree, ending is quite catchy.

Now the anime itself... I'm not sure what to make of it BUT, the Japanese is easy enough for me to understand much of it. Not too long, either! I think I'll keep this for studying.
Old 2007-04-01, 09:50   Link #17
Samsara

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Screenshot for Episode 1:

I've never seen an anime episode as short as this. The closest I've come at watching a series in respect to length as short as this is Wind~ A Breath of Heart. Btw, this series has 4 more episodes. I sure hope they can flesh out a plot in those remaining episodes.
Kogepan is another series that has very short episodes (about 4mins each), which I watched for the exact same reason as Keitai Shoujo: Ishida Akira. I wonder if the story could get more flesh. At only 3 mins of real content per eps x 5 eps = 15 mins total how much of a story can they tell? The animation quality is also very poor that it hurts my eyes to watch. not to mention how few lines Ishida-san actually got... >< So with all things considered, I probably won't follow this series any further.
Old 2007-04-01, 17:03   Link #18
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

This is way too short. The OP and ED is longer than the ep itself. They should've did what REC did, remove the ED, then they would've gained another 2 mins for the story.
Old 2007-04-01, 19:05   Link #19
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I have a feeling that if I watch this, I'll make the same mistake I did when I saw the first episode of W-Wish.

I've heard many bad things about the game too - how the cellphone thing doesn't really make sense.
Old 2007-04-09, 23:33   Link #20
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I'm probably like the only person watching this, so...
Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Anyway, is this anime something like an visual novel? There are frequent text messages that don't have any direct connection to the plot (which itself is already short!).
  1. Show 3 minute scenes about the girls
  2. do a poll
  3. proceed down whichever route is the most popular.
  4. Lather, rinse, repeat.
I don't think it actually is something like this, but I do think it's an interesting concept.