AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2013-07-15, 18:00   Link #301
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Cool story....so?

If anything, AKB's producers should start shitting their pants if their sales drop below seiyuu singers, given how large their marketing engine is.
Well, if that happens, they'll be replaced by someone else who sells a lot more than seiyuu do.

After all, AKB48 replaced Morning Musume.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 18:04   Link #302
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Correction. They'll be replaced by someone else with a larger marketing machinery
Old 2013-07-15, 18:06   Link #303
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Correction. They'll be replaced by someone else with a larger marketing machinery
Correction. They'll be replaced by someone else with a larger marketing machinery with a bigger gun to stick to the heads of Japanese to buy their stuff.
Old 2013-07-15, 18:11   Link #304
hyl
reading #hikaributts

So far , the "older" members of AKB48 are frequently getting replaced after they "graduate" and the new replacement also seem to attract new fans otherwise she wasn't choosen in the first. So this cycle doesn't exactly stop untill the popularity of AKB48 is in decline and that won't happen for a while.

Also define your " bigger gun". I seriously doubt that this is easily predicted
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 18:30   Link #305
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
So far , the "older" members of AKB48 are frequently getting replaced after they "graduate" and the new replacement also seem to attract new fans otherwise she wasn't choosen in the first. So this cycle doesn't exactly stop untill the popularity of AKB48 is in decline and that won't happen for a while.

Also define your " bigger gun". I seriously doubt that this is easily predicted
"Put a gun to head" is an idiomatic expression. It can mean "to use threats to force someone to do what you want Management are holding a gun to our heads. If we don't behave we'll lose our jobs."

Since it is a "larger marketing machinery," it carries a "bigger gun" to better "force" consumers to buy things.
Old 2013-07-15, 18:43   Link #306
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
"Put a gun to head" is an idiomatic expression. It can mean "to use threats to force someone to do what you want Management are holding a gun to our heads. If we don't behave we'll lose our jobs."

Since it is a "larger marketing machinery," it carries a "bigger gun" to better "force" consumers to buy things.
"Gun to the head" is an idiomatic expression and so is "big gun(s)", but bigger gun(s) isn't >_>

Also the industry isn't exactly "forcing" the consumer to buy anything. If you think that they are "forcing" the audience, then you seem to be missing the point who the exact target audience is.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 19:08   Link #307
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

The only time I've ever seen AKB48 mentioned was when that girl shaved her head.
Old 2013-07-15, 19:11   Link #308
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
The only time I've ever seen AKB48 mentioned was when that girl shaved her head.
Your personal experience. Not mine.

Neither your or my personal experiences count in the larger matter of things.

Although nothing close to what South Korean rapper PSY got for "Gangnam Style" - a truly worldwide phenomenom - AKB48 has received a fair amount of coverage (more than I originally thought it would) in U.S. mainstream news media.
Old 2013-07-15, 20:35   Link #309
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
I'm guessing you won't been writing any articles soon on AKB48 and "exposing the truth" to a wider audience in English about them, using your real name, after all.
Why do I need to do that? You are the one who brought up AKB48 in a thread about Mizuki Nana so I merely address the issue you raise. You practically called me a liar and now I provided the evidence I found towards the group and you move the goal post further to somehow question my credibility when none of those articles were written by me - I'm merely researching the reports. But the result of that seems to be that I killed your puppy or something. Why is it ok for you to post a few links to some AKB48 numbers but it's not ok for me to do the same in regards to their marketing tactics and the crazy fans? That seems like double standard to me.

Quote:
I do searches on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., all the time and I don't usually finds links to your websites, blogs, etc., unless I put "houkoholic" in the search, so it probably would be a waste of resources with you writing articles on them.
I'm not getting why the sarcaism is directed at me. Why are you so hostile for people merely suggesting that AKB48 engages in questionable marketing tactics - with plenty of evidence to show, including from Nikkei Business? It's a well and openly discussed issue within Japanese society (go look up the term "AKB商法" if you search on Google, Bing all the time). I have no interest in AKB48 but I stumble on their news whether I want to or not because of their mainstream exposure. I read many Japanese otaku news on a daily basis and follows many news sites, I have more than a handful of crazy AKB48 fans in RL, I will run into AKB48 whether I like to or not so I'm knowledgable about them, facts or gossip, because it comes delivered to me. I'm not out on a mission to prove them evil because I hate them or anything like that.

Quote:
But that shouldn't stop you.
It isn't, but I have no desire to either. "AKB商法" is discussed so widely that you can find books on Amazon on the topic, I don't need to nor desire to add to the pool of information myself.

Quote:
I just pointing out that that what the top selling seiyuu sell in music in Japan still greatly trails top selling acts like AKB48, regardless of "questionable business practices."
And for you to point out that AKB48 sells more CDs than seiyuu it isn't ok for us to point out that they engaged in questionable marketing tactics - again a well discussed topic in Japan even amongst mainstream media? Who put you in charge of setting the rules of discussion of what should and shouldn't be discussed?

Quote:
And I see AKB48 covered everywhere, for better or for worse, in American mainstream media like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Atlantic.

I don't see any Japanese seiyuu getting that sorta coverage - which virtually amounts to nothing - in U.S. mainstream media.
Yeah just like the time when one of the AKB48 members had to shave her head in shame because the Japanese media caught her going out to a blind-date party and people where talking about how screwed up the idol industry in Japan is, I'd really like that kind of coverage in the West. /s

Besides, how is that relevant to the topic? For all your disclaimer about how you aren't a fan of AKB48 you sound quite defensive about them when presented with facts and reports regarding how their management engages in consumerism tactics which exploit the fans' desire to collect stuff. So how about you come clean about how you REALLY feel about them?

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-07-15 at 20:51.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 04:55   Link #310
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The point is:
If you are unable to 'sell' CDs for free (1yen?) once you took out the extras that came with it, then that tells you something about the actual market demand for the CDs (ie the music). It tells you that there is less demand for the actual music, than it appears to be.

That would not be a problem in itself. Who buys what, for which reason is after all their own thing.

But traditionally the popularity of music is messured by how many CDs are sold, and it seems this AKB48 phenomen has rendered that scale useless.
Which is why they tried to find other, more direct scales to measure popularity of music with, like buying the actual songs online, ringtones and so on.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 09:48   Link #311
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Out of interest, has AKB48 done something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjXXSsVNncQ
AKB48 don't pole dance..

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:52   Link #312
oscarwilde

Election 2014

Every year, AKB48 holds an election for who will be the most popular girl.

People can vote for their favorite girl by purchasing a copy of AKB48's 36th single 'Labrador Retriever' (for example on www.cdjapan.co.jp).

Each copy contains a serial number which one has to enter on a website to vote (http://akb48-sousenkyo2014.jp/web/akb2014/vote/index)

The preliminary results of the election are released on the first day of voting, this year: May 21st.

The final results will be released on June 7th (17:00~ JST) after a concert (14:30~ JST) in Ajinomoto Stadium, Tokyo, Japan.

This event will be broadcast live by Fuji TV starting 18:30 JST.

These are the girls that ranked 1 ~ 20 in the first day results:

First Day Results:

1. Sashihara Rino (HKT48, 37,582)
2. Watanabe Mayu (25,283)
3. Matsui Jurina (SKE48, 23,012)
4. Kashiwagi Yuki (17,266)
5. Shimazaki Haruka (15,514)
6. Matsui Rena (SKE48, 14,897)
7. Yamamoto Sayaka (NMB48, 14,798)
8. Shibata Aya (SKE48, 12,340)
9. Matsumura Kaori (SKE48, 12,190)
10. Kodama Haruka (HKT48, 9,879)
11. Moriyasu Madoka (HKT48, 9,562)
12. Yokoyama Yui (9,505)
13. Takahashi Minami (9,005)
14. Futamura Haruka (SKE48, 8,755)
15. Kitahara Rie (8,584)
16. Miyazawa Sae (SNH48, 8,273)
17. Kojima Haruna (8,177)
18. Suda Akari (SKE48, 8,114)
19. Isohara Kyoka (SKE48, 7,981)
20. Miyawaki Sakura (HKT48, 7,963)
21. Takahashi Juri (7,469)
22. Tomonaga Mio (HKT48, 7,114)
23. Kato Rena (6,437)
24. Kizaki Yuria (6,359)
25. Watanabe Miyuki (NMB48, 6,176)

ranks 26 - 80:

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/AK...atsu_Sousenkyo

Since I am a fan of Shimazaki Haruka, I started a thread to introduce her to you:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=5129500

Furthermore, I will point you to the place where Shimazaki Haruka fans share information about her (the Shimazaki Haruka thread on stage48.net):

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?t....2111/page-483

This is the current profile picture of Shimazaki Haruka:

oscarwilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 06:18   Link #313
Liddo-kun
is this so?

For AKB48 fans living here in my country.. there will be an event this coming Sunday.

Some AKB members are visiting. Nov 7-8 at Trinoma Mall.

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 19:31   Link #314
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Good morning. Already posted the pics of AKB48 Team 8.

Got the pics last Nov 8, when they visited our country.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2609

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-12-19 at 22:32.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 01:47   Link #315
Pen3

Problem with Paruru is that she can't sing or dance when you compare her to Mayu or even Jurina.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote