AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 13 16.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-30, 13:08   Link #101
UPR

Hey for people who asked if this deserved it's own forum, well look 100 post for 1 ep that proves it deserved it.

Anyway I think the reason Shuu looked at Shuri was to find a girl completly opposite. Imagine you get a GF and she is exactly like you're sister than be prety weird and one would get freaked. I've met girls with the same type of personality as my sister, and by instinct a tend to shy away from them. It's natural. And the person he wants to look after, come on it's his sister he wants to protect her as any good brother should.
Old 2007-10-30, 18:47   Link #102
therationalpi

I thought this episode was alright. The feeling I get from Shuu is that he's not at all interested in any sort of relationship. At the moment, he's just sitting on the sidelines content to be a friend to the his childhood friends and a brother to his sister. If anything, this is meant to remove him as a possible rival to Sana for girls' interests. However, this may be personal projection on my part. As far as the twincest things goes, I really think his feelings for her are fraternal, and he looked at his sis specifically because he can't think of her romantically. An alternative possibility, that seems fairly likely, is that Shuu really does like Aoi. She's certainly soft-spoken in the sense that she's not nearly as aggressive as the Unlucky Twin.

Episode 4 was a bit of a filler, but nothing too egregious, and still enjoyable.
Old 2007-10-31, 11:43   Link #103
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
I thought this episode was alright. The feeling I get from Shuu is that he's not at all interested in any sort of relationship.
He does say that there is someone he likes....
Old 2007-10-31, 23:08   Link #104
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
There's actually a scientific study which states that children who spend a specific part of their childhood together (i think it was during infancy) tend NOT to get involved romantically when they grow old. It was the opposite of Genetic Sexual Attraction.... so when Shuu looked at his twin it was more to find a "what not to look for in a gf" :P
Old 2007-11-01, 22:47   Link #105
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Yeah, Shuu looks at his sister and thinks about what he dislikes about her. I think part of the point there is that he really doesn't have much of a clue what he wants, his list is largely opposites of his sister's features. I'd be severely annoyed if the show ships the twins, it would seem horribly artificial.

Two things came to mind to explain why this younger girl character was dropped into the show somewhat abruptly. First is that she's the age Sana was when he moved away. So it'll be useful to contrast her views on relationships with the older people's... I could particularly see this serving as a way to get Nanaka to realize that her crush was a bit childish. Secondly, I'm thinking the little girl might have more relevance in the game. For instance, say there's an obscure path where Shuu ends up without a successful relationship. But then, some years down the line, he runs into the little girl again. Only now she's maybe 16-18, and a relationship becomes more practical. I expect that the show is going to have to do fairly limited intros to characters that are more significant in the game.
Old 2007-11-16, 08:31   Link #106
kevin13
Disabled By Request

I found episode 04 to be quite nice and funny, good interesting introduction to a new character.
Old 2007-11-16, 21:44   Link #107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
There's actually a scientific study which states that children who spend a specific part of their childhood together (i think it was during infancy) tend NOT to get involved romantically when they grow old. It was the opposite of Genetic Sexual Attraction.... so when Shuu looked at his twin it was more to find a "what not to look for in a gf" :P

It's kinda obvious when all the answers he gave are COMPLETELY opposite of his sister's personality... Which I thought was funny

THough they suspiciously fit Aoi to an extent.
Closed Thread