AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 20:27   Link #4581
Same_Shark

00's "gunblade" is no different from the one in S1, it's just mounted on it's side this time. All the complaining sucks. Trust me, it will be okay.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:35   Link #4582
zalem

I miss Exia already. Man, I really don't like the drive shoulders of 00. Still can't get used to it, even seeing it in action. Gunblade is ok, but I still prefer Exia's weaponry.
Old 2008-07-14, 20:37   Link #4583
Zeroedged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
00's "gunblade" is no different from the one in S1, it's just mounted on it's side this time. All the complaining sucks. Trust me, it will be okay.
Uhhh, 00's looks nothing at all like Exia's. Also I'm not even saying that because it doesn't have the shield or it doesn't flip anymore. It just doesn't look the same at all.
Zeroedged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:42   Link #4584
Same_Shark

My main problem is that everyone is complaining generally about the same thing as last season. It's pointless to complain anymore because there will be complaining and then everyone will be okay with the designs.
Old 2008-07-14, 20:48   Link #4585
Zeroedged

well I liked everything from last season even before it aired, so I'm complaining about things that I actually think are silly. While I do agree that everything will end up being alright, I don't see what's wrong with people expressing their own opinions even if some people don't agree with them.

I still think 00's weapon looks silly, but I am curious to see how it functions, because it looks like it doesn't function very well.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:35   Link #4586
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroedged View Post
well I liked everything from last season even before it aired, so I'm complaining about things that I actually think are silly. While I do agree that everything will end up being alright, I don't see what's wrong with people expressing their own opinions even if some people don't agree with them.

I still think 00's weapon looks silly, but I am curious to see how it functions, because it looks like it doesn't function very well.
There's nothing at all wrong with people sharing their opinions. Nothing at all, but when it's a constant complaint it gets old. My ONLY complaint is that they included Lyle. It's too convenient that Neil even had a twin.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:59   Link #4587
Zeroedged

Yeah, I kind of figured they would bring in Lyle, my only wish was that he would have different hair or a color besides green, cause now he just looks like a clone. I mean I've never seen an identical twin at the age of 29 not have any differences. I mean they would have at least one difference and Lyle ( if it is him ) having the eye Neil lost doesn't count. Hopefully his personality will be drastically different, and the other meisters will react to it.
Old 2008-07-14, 22:15   Link #4588
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroedged View Post
Yeah, I kind of figured they would bring in Lyle, my only wish was that he would have different hair or a color besides green, cause now he just looks like a clone. I mean I've never seen an identical twin at the age of 29 not have any differences. I mean they would have at least one difference and Lyle ( if it is him ) having the eye Neil lost doesn't count. Hopefully his personality will be drastically different, and the other meisters will react to it.
If he sounds exactly the same, I will probably ignore the character. Couldn't Neil have been replaced just as easily as giving him a twin?
Old 2008-07-14, 22:34   Link #4589
zalem

Quote:
My main problem is that everyone is complaining generally about the same thing as last season. It's pointless to complain anymore because there will be complaining and then everyone will be okay with the designs.
I liked Exia's design when it was revealed though. But I suppose we should just try to get used to 00 since they aren't changing it any time soon (or at all).

Quote:
If he sounds exactly the same, I will probably ignore the character. Couldn't Neil have been replaced just as easily as giving him a twin?
I really hope he has a different personality. Very different. If he is still the same laid back Lockon then well they shouldn't have bothered killing off the previous one. It's just as bad as bringing a supposedly dead character back to life. *coughs*Mwu*coughs*
Old 2008-07-14, 22:38   Link #4590
Ottocycle

We already know that Setsuna will be the de-facto leader of the meisters this time, so there's a change from the S1 character dynamics, as Neil was the big-brother figure and leader of the old group.

I'd want to think Lyle would be a Ryusei Date of S2, but that's probably taking it a little too far.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 22:41   Link #4591
Zeroedged

my theory is that he will have at least somewhat of a different personality, or at least enough of one to show a difference to the meisters.

If you think about it in the first season the meisters didn't really care about each other till the end besides Lockon ( He cared about everyone ). Tieria was too obsessed with VEDA, Halle/Alle well I don't know he just didn't care about the others all that much, and Setsuna was just crazy about bringing peace. Also of course everyone seemed to like Lockon if not from the beginning soon enough.

Now I'm not saying they hated each other they just didn't really care. Now with the world at a fake peace I think the three old meisters will understand each other more and be more friendly towards each other. So basically this new Lockon might be to cause the meister drama. Or at least that's the only thing I can think of.
Old 2008-07-15, 03:19   Link #4592
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

We really need to see Ribbions in Gundam O, a tribune to Amuro and his Rx-78.

The Gunblade is probably not the only thing 00 has. If Exia was also known as 7 swords maybe 00 will have 14, or 21 as a tribune to Char....
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:32   Link #4593
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think you mean tribute, Jack, not tribune. Those are decidedly different. >_>

But yeah, while a lot of people aren't happy about the Gunblade weapon, I already said once to just wait and see what else it gets. However, I don't see Ribbons getting into the 0 Gundam, honestly. Its only a first-generation suit, so it'd be outclassed by the fourth-generation Gundams.

What I'm curious about, though, is if they'll do the usual hand-me-down tradition with Exia.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:37   Link #4594
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think you mean tribute, Jack, not tribune. Those are decidedly different. >_>

But yeah, while a lot of people aren't happy about the Gunblade weapon, I already said once to just wait and see what else it gets. However, I don't see Ribbons getting into the 0 Gundam, honestly. Its only a first-generation suit, so it'd be outclassed by the fourth-generation Gundams.

What I'm curious about, though, is if they'll do the usual hand-me-down tradition with Exia.
Ah, my bad, thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited by JackRydden224; 2008-07-15 at 03:49.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:42   Link #4595
Terra

Kinda hard to do hand me downs when you have limited GN Drives, unless they stick a fake GN Drive in it. But I can really see that happening since the suit would be outdated. Remember that 4 years have past. And with GN Drives being common it wouldn't last long when outnumbered. Remember how the meisters struggled at the end of S1. They still had a bit of a tech gap in their favour which is why they lasted as long as they did against superior numbers. But in the end they got trashed. Now the 4 year gap was needed to widen that tech gap again. Since I'm sure there will be a widening again, although not as big as before, since the EF has had to reverse engineer the tech before they could start to improve on it. Whereas CB developed the tech, so only have to continue on with developing it. Plus CB have the real GN Drives, which is another advantage the EF doesn't know about.
Old 2008-07-15, 04:06   Link #4596
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, MAHQ has some new colored lineart posted, including some for 00 Gundam. GN Drives on it look even bigger now... but it didn't seem that bad to me. Also, if you ask me, with the GN Drives mounted on the shoulders, it seems like a backpack unit can be placed on 00 Gundam, since it certainly has room back there for it.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:53   Link #4597
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Also, if you ask me, with the GN Drives mounted on the shoulders, it seems like a backpack unit can be placed on 00 Gundam, since it certainly has room back there for it.
It already has a large backpack unit though, those are where the shoulder GN Drives are connected. You can see it in the rear view of the original 00 lineart.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 06:25   Link #4598
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekido666 View Post
I know that is your opinion but what is up with that? Tieria turned out to be a really good guy in the series. Besides that, he is the one who rebuilt CB after it's destruction.

I don't like the fact that he looks so damn feminine and acts like a girl. A bishonen, if I ever saw one. And not a good one, at that. Crying, Whining, "You are not fit to be a Gundam Meister", although he himself is not exactly a god pilot. In fact, I don't even know if he is a shonen in the first place. Arrogance in pink. Waddya know.

Was CB ever destroyed? I don't remember it being destroyed. I remember Ptolemaios getting destroyed but Ptolemaios is not CB.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 08:16   Link #4599
Wal Ouran Leviathan

I think Tieria's development in season 1 was to set him as a leadership role in season 2 instead of Lockon.

Just my 2 cents.
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 11:15   Link #4600
gekido666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
I don't like the fact that he looks so damn feminine and acts like a girl. A bishonen, if I ever saw one. And not a good one, at that. Crying, Whining, "You are not fit to be a Gundam Meister", although he himself is not exactly a god pilot. In fact, I don't even know if he is a shonen in the first place. Arrogance in pink. Waddya know.
You did not mentioned his development ever since episode 19 and up which showed the lighter side of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
I think Tieria's development in season 1 was to set him as a leadership role in season 2 instead of Lockon.

Just my 2 cents.
Didn't Newtype confirmed that Setsuna will have the leadership role in season 2?
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers