AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 14.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-05, 14:58   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A busy beach episode for sure

Not surprised that Cryska has questions about Yuuya though. Clearly he's caught Inia's attention and that will naturally make Cryska want some answers. Though clearly Yui could read that question as having completely different motivations.

Well guess they figured it was time to give Yui some focus so she doesn't become completely hated . Seemed like the episode was just trying to say "see, she's not that bad." I mean we had remorseful inner thoughts, post traumatic stress induced dreams, blushing, kind of embarrassed probing into Yuuya's connection with Cryska, etc. Everything was kind of piled into this episode that would have been nice to sprinkle around in the last few.

No surprise either when she's not ripping him apart that Yuuya can show interest in Yui. Glad he was able to throw her off a bit for once.

I'm glad they are able to find the time during this whole BETA stuff (they still exist right ?) to go out and party.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:05   Link #22
Belgaesh

This was a good episode.

The characters should enjoy their free time the best they, because in this world it seldom occurs.

Glad to see some development in the relationship between Yuuya and Yui. Yui going dere was so cute. And Criska questioning Yui about Yuuya set out some development between the three of them.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:25   Link #23
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Good character developing episode. Obligatory fan service was nice. Vincent said VG was lucky to be playing volleyball with some cuties, but if he only knew the situation Yuuya was in.

It was a nice change of character to see Yui go all dere, especially after we've seen so much of her tsun side. And Cryska was so cute at the end. I'm interested where they go with this new development involving Yuuya, Yui and Cryska.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:46   Link #24
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
+ Valerio the lucky bastard.
+ Some bits of character building with Yui and Yuuya.
+ Even with the fanservice expected from a beach episode, the characters themselves are not forgotten.
+ Princess carry the Princess.
- QUALITY at places.
- Chobi needs some anger management lesson.

Shippers gonna have a field day with this ep.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:49   Link #25
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I really enjoyed the Yuuya/Yui moments in this episode.

The rest of the episode didn't do much for me, but the "ship-wrecked" bit was great, and handled just about perfectly.

I like how Yuuya doesn't bend easily to the tsundere stuff, even if it's due to sheer obliviousness on his part.

At the same time, though, I felt this episode did worlds of good for Yui's character - Vividly reminding viewers of her Episodes 1 and 2 self through the PTSD dream was definitely a nice touch that helped out the overall softening of her current character.

So, on the whole, this episode helped soften Yuuya and Yui's characters quite a bit, and it's invaluable in that respect. It also provides a believable starting point for a possible romance later on down the line.

I enjoyed this episode, but then I've now come to fully accept that this show is basically "Top Gun: Anime Style". For people hoping for Human vs. BETA warfare, this show has certainly let them down, and I can't blame them for expressing dismay with it.

But ah well, it's still decently entertaining to me.
Old 2012-08-05, 16:09   Link #26
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

It's entertaining for me as well, though seeing how I expected just a little more BETA action and, well, tragedy like in the first two ones, I will admit I'm disappointed. Hopefully it might come later on.

But the TSF CGI, character alchemy and Stella in a bikini (FELLOW SWEDE), sort of makes up for it.

Old 2012-08-05, 16:23   Link #27
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I really enjoyed the Yuuya/Yui moments in this episode.

The rest of the episode didn't do much for me, but the "ship-wrecked" bit was great, and handled just about perfectly.

I like how Yuuya doesn't bend easily to the tsundere stuff, even if it's due to sheer obliviousness on his part.

At the same time, though, I felt this episode did worlds of good for Yui's character - Vividly reminding viewers of her Episodes 1 and 2 self through the PTSD dream was definitely a nice touch that helped out the overall softening of her current character.

So, on the whole, this episode helped soften Yuuya and Yui's characters quite a bit, and it's invaluable in that respect. It also provides a believable starting point for a possible romance later on down the line.

I enjoyed this episode, but then I've now come to fully accept that this show is basically "Top Gun: Anime Style". For people hoping for Human vs. BETA warfare, this show has certainly let them down, and I can't blame them for expressing dismay with it.

But ah well, it's still decently entertaining to me.
lol Yeah it's if Top Gun and Macross Plus had a baby.
Old 2012-08-05, 16:44   Link #28
Bombo
TSF Fans

I love yui cuteness ... SO CUTE
10/10
I want next episode asap.
Old 2012-08-05, 17:12   Link #29
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

ha that Yui/Yuuya conversation in the cave was funny.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:08   Link #30
Laevatein

Pointless fanservice episode? Stupid but relatively harmless.

Making Yui so weak she can literally be hurt by a stiff breeze? Urrrrggghhhh...
Old 2012-08-05, 18:11   Link #31
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Nice Boat...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:20   Link #32
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yui looks fantastic in her one piece. It was very nice to see Yui's more delicate and feminine side; seeing her blush was such a d'awww moment for me.
That part was indeed adorable. I almost had a cardiac arrest when Yui looked up when Yuuya was carrying her and especially the part in the cave. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Nice Boat...
Agreed. It's the kind of boat I'd like to be on too.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:22   Link #33
Arya

Well, I was a bit surprised of the sudden change of mood from strong war setting to a beach high-school-like setting, even if I knew it was that kind of episode. When VG went in stealth-peep-mode I almost facepalmed
Anyways let's check it out, peeping: checked, swimsuits: checked, piggybacking: checked (such a long time I didn't see that happen) sprain ankle + princess carry: checked. Did they miss anything?
This series remind me of another one that started with similar war setting, mecha, aliens, a tsundere, but a goofy instead of a Top Gun, can't remember the title right now. (Hopefully this series will balance better the romance and military setting). So I was expecting Yuuya and Yui moments and I liked them And Yui going all dere was what I was waiting for. We had her tsun side for too long.
But are they really going to give us another entire episode with Yui and Yuuya stuck on that island? Tell me they are

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:39   Link #34
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Chobi is annoying. and still is annoying. otherwise, a good episode, since they managed to do a good beach episode. that is, it has fan service and character development. this show could be one of the better ones this season if they actually get us to care about the main 4 characters.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-08-05, 19:23   Link #35
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Chobi is annoying. and still is annoying. .
Finally Someone agrees with me .
I hope she die asap better than listening to her complaints with every episode .
Old 2012-08-05, 19:26   Link #36
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Where is the face eating?

This show is about aliens, right?

TE started out as a bad-ass show about people being killed by forces from beyond the planet and now its become summer vacation anime?

The best hope for mankind are taking a summer vacation while the rest of the world burns? This is sooo boring. Get back to the action already. There are enough shows about being stuck on an island with cute girls. If I wanted to see that I would go watch one of them. TE better get back to the face eating real soon or this is going to be a total loss.

3/10 (And that was being generous...)

"This is Island!!" <----- Ugh.
Old 2012-08-05, 19:28   Link #37
YF19EX

Oh ho? Someone wants to be called by their first name...
Old 2012-08-05, 19:29   Link #38
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just seen the episode ( in Spanish lol!!!).

One of the best episodes of the series.... a lot of moments where Yui and Yuuya has time to talk with each other. Fan service is not forceful. + points there.

Highlight. The Princess Carry but Yuuya to Yui... Yui chan is so cute when she tried to resist...

Can't wait for the next episode... Probably our Russian babe would not be sleeping nearly half the episode again .. hehehe
Old 2012-08-05, 19:39   Link #39
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Oh ho? Someone wants to be called by their first name...
I liked how that cultural disconnect was handled.

For a long time, I didn't get the huge significance that the Japanese (at least in anime) place on calling someone by their given name. So certain romance developments in anime seemed odd to me at first, until I got that.

For a born and bred American like Yuuya, calling someone by their given name is probably not a big deal. I know that where I live in Canada, people tend to default to a first-name basis with just about anybody they know personally.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of the first time Yuuya calls Yui by her given name. If the writers keep this cultural disconnect in mind, it could make for a pretty amusing scene.
Old 2012-08-05, 19:39   Link #40
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
This show is about aliens, right?

TE started out as a bad-ass show about people being killed by forces from beyond the planet and now its become summer vacation anime?

The best hope for mankind are taking a summer vacation while the rest of the world burns?
"the show is about X"
"its become X anime"
"conflating the contents of an episode or two with the show direction as a whole"

With that said, breather episodes tend to come before serious arcs as a rule of thumb.

And come on, the Americas are pretty much untouched, it's not their job to go hold the line and the line is far away, surely you're not denying them the good old off-duty R&R to which they're entitled?
Closed Thread