AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 18 48.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 37.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 8.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-04, 07:55   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - S2 - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Horizon S2, Episode 05.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-08-04, 13:20   Link #2
Kunagisa

川上稔 ‏@kawakamiminoru
三巻にも繋がる部分なので、ここらは拾って頂きました。
(Something like 【this part is connected to volume 3, here's a taste for it】)

Most discussed tweet on 2ch regarding horizon right now. If anything, this is like the only thing relating maybe to the news of season 3.

EDIT: I really wouldn't take this to mean anything really, but it's better than nothing ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

30 people (assuming the roster didn't run over to the next frame).

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-08-04 at 13:30.
Old 2012-08-04, 14:19   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-08-04, 22:35   Link #4
Honda Futayo
Junior Strike-Force

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda Futayo
So is Walter's sword invisible or is it just a mass of energy?

And when he blocked Futayo's Tonbokiri attack, was that the sword or was that some other defensive move.
Old 2012-08-05, 03:40   Link #5
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Futayo View Post
So is Walter's sword invisible or is it just a mass of energy?
It's some kind of energy/gravity weapon. But acts like a lightsabre so you only need to carry the hilt.
Old 2012-08-05, 08:24   Link #6
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

too much and too short battles
Old 2012-08-06, 03:53   Link #7
Kunagisa

Can't help it, 5 episodes for ~1000 pages. To quote from 2ch, if this was One Piece this one episode would've taken 3 months, and if it's Dragonball this would taken half a year. Super, super high quality condensed work here.

The water fight's the main one this episode, which is done very well with full duration (boobs+tight body suits are overpowered ). The one everyone complaining is short is probably the Walsingham one and that's not over yet.

Again, quoting 2ch

Quote:
tentatively [guessing]
episode 07 --> fights
episode 08 -->
episode 09 -->
episode 10 --> fights
episode 11 --> fights
episode 12 --> fights
episode 13 --> fights
They gotta conserve the budget somehow, not to mention they're finally starting to use bank images

I mean that one animator for the series said he there are several scenes from the OP that they could use for banking, but then he didn't want to so he drew new ones (which is why people repeatedly say Horizon is a series loved by the staff). Truth to be told, you really rarely see bank images used in Horizon before this episode (not counting the 3D ship models) and the fact they started using it I'm :hoping: they're saving budget for some of the later stuff (ex: the Spanish Armada from the OP comes to mind).

This episode itself probably burnt a lot of the budget already. Recently, I haven't seen any episode with more than 30 key animators besides Smile Precure episode 23 (which was absolutely crazy amazing, should totally watch it even if you don't follow the series weekly). Hell Accel World was so godly this week only due to Abe Nozomu + AHO Army, and Kabashima (who worked on Horizon season 1, but was called to work on Accel as its Super Mecha Animation Director/大メカ作画監督 <--lol) tweeted to Kawakami that AW's made up of veterans and Horizon newcomer animators. When you lack the experience you need the numbers, so even just going by effort Horizon gets a perfect 10 this episode. It also shows that Horizon has a low budget compare to ... well all its "rivals" every season ;__;.

tl;dr: Probably tight budget, still pushed out a lot of effort, can't really complain about fights being short

Edit: Horizon II vol1 already entered the Amazon yearly sales ranking, the only other one besides Fate/Zero BD Box II so far from series that has not yet actually gone on sale (this is important because it showed that stalker point was way over calculating Amazon's preorders for Horizon, but now at least we know it's overcalculating LESS). Huzzah!

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-08-06 at 04:12.
Old 2012-08-06, 04:04   Link #8
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ With that amount of preparation, I'm pretty sure that we will be blown away by the Grande y Felicisima Armada.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-08-06, 08:20   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm yeah, no way- I'm gonna need the English subs for this one
Old 2012-08-06, 08:32   Link #10
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Can't help it, 5 episodes for ~1000 pages. To quote from 2ch, if this was One Piece this one episode would've taken 3 months, and if it's Dragonball this would taken half a year. Super, super high quality condensed work here.

The one everyone complaining is short is probably the Walsingham one and that's not over yet.
Again, quoting 2ch
yes I also fell the battle moves a little bit to fast but can't complain much
well if they made it 2 cour every season... I don't mind lower quality as long it was 2 cour actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
tl;dr: Probably tight budget, still pushed out a lot of effort, can't really complain about fights being short
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ With that amount of preparation, I'm pretty sure that we will be blown away by the Grande y Felicisima Armada.
I hope this is true not because they want preserve the budget for more profit... or for another 'things'
Old 2012-08-06, 11:29   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Malga may not be as strong as Margot but damn...she sure knows how to lay down the hurt.

Also Ukky you lucky bastard...saved by lolicon....
Old 2012-08-06, 13:36   Link #12
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Malga may not be as strong as Margot but damn...she sure knows how to lay down the hurt.
But Malga is fighting without her weapons, right? Considering that, the fact that she stood her ground for the most part says a lot IMO.

On a related note, I hope Gin kicks the crap out of that freak furball. Anyone who harms Malga deserves severe punishment!
Old 2012-08-06, 18:08   Link #13
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But Malga is fighting without her weapons, right? Considering that, the fact that she stood her ground for the most part says a lot IMO.

On a related note, I hope Gin kicks the crap out of that freak furball. Anyone who harms Malga deserves severe punishment!
Even without weaponry Malga seems to revolve more around spells that FUBAR the opponent in very insidious ways.

Like this one....strengthen Drake's body such that the strain of his roar is amplified causing him to burst his blood vessels.

Yes I agree with that last bit....no one who touches Malga should get away without ending up as scrap at least.
Old 2012-08-07, 02:49   Link #14
Znail

Anyone knows if there are any subbers working on this episode?
Old 2012-08-07, 04:46   Link #15
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Anyone knows if there are any subbers working on this episode?
Other than the official subs from Crunchyroll, no.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-08-07, 18:31   Link #16
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Subs are out for this.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-07, 22:10   Link #17
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Arrgggh...
Too many battles, too little time...

And why they are challenging Musashi into fight?
I think they are preparing a war with Tres Espana??
Old 2012-08-08, 00:49   Link #18
Honda Futayo
Junior Strike-Force

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda Futayo
Sadly, someone pointed this out to me. Just how lonely Adele must get inside her suit of armor.

Spoiler for The big picture:
Old 2012-08-08, 01:11   Link #19
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Arrgggh...
Too many battles, too little time...

And why they are challenging Musashi into fight?
I think they are preparing a war with Tres Espana??
If possible, if England manages to defeat Musashi (because they seem easy prey), they could obtain all of Musashi's resources for free.

Testament rules dictates that duels are allowed.

However, this is actually a loophole. You are not suppose to do this unless you have declared war. And so far only Spain have declare war with Musashi.

The barrier spells that bound the characters target government officers. But they accidentally dragged Gin into it because she is an officer too. Gin decided to fight the Half Wolf because she decided that they have broken Testament rules in fighting a secret war.

I consider it rather cute that Gin deliberately tried to make her husband look good. She described herself as "The wife of the strongest man in Spain". What she never told people is that she is stronger than him.

EDIT: I am amused at the "Fish And Chips". They got the chips right. But it appears they interpreted "Fish" as in the entire fish, head to tail. So they battered and fried the whole fish instead of filleting.

EDIT2: The fight underwater is interesting. Margot didn't actually fire energy beams this time; she actually fired blocks of solid ice. Guess it is more effective underwater.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-08-08 at 01:50.
Old 2012-08-08, 04:22   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Futayo View Post
Sadly, someone pointed this out to me. Just how lonely Adele must get inside her suit of armor.

Spoiler for The big picture:
You know, when I first saw the episode without the English subs, I could have sworn I heard her say 'Otome Gamu'... >.>
Closed Thread