AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 18:19   Link #61
GDB

Considering it only got a second season because the first was so popular, and they had left the first season with an ending that had relative decent closure (for an on-going series), I don't see why they'd specific aim to end it before the source material.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 14:24   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK. This second season...

It should be done in Amagami-style omnibus format.
Have to say would love this though I'd never expect it to happen. Everyone gets their focus and resolution.

So much better than just continuing it in a vague harem situation with no real resolution in sight.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:19   Link #63
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So so PV yet? I guess it would probably be air in early 2013.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 13:40   Link #64
Candyshark

I'm not sure im excited about second season but more OreImo radio and Ayana and Kana gushing over each other sure I am.

I am just too afraid they pull "you guys are not bloodrelated" trope seeing like all girls are starving for Kyousuke's bone i doubt Kirino will escape this fate.

Well for Kuroneko I'm ready to endure.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 07:48   Link #65
Noiek17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I'm not sure im excited about second season but more OreImo radio and Ayana and Kana gushing over each other sure I am.
Same here. That was the first thing that had popped in my mind when I heard Oreimo is getting a second season.

I miss Ayachi and Kana-chan being so lovey-dovey to one another.
Noiek17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 17:27   Link #66
AP24

I hope Ore no Imouto 2nd season will air in October this year because then it will air with:

Seitokai No Ichizon 2
Bakuman 3
Little Busters!
To Love-Ru Darkness
Jormungand 2
Robotics;Notes
Hayate the Combat Butler new series
Hidamari Sketch 4
Sora no Otoshimono 3 (not confirmed yet but likely)

Having Ore no Imouto 2nd season air this October will make this year's Fall season much better and probably the best Fall season since 2009.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:14   Link #67
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ahh, half assed sequel titles, well what else to expect here?

However, it is no worse than the terribad sequel titles that plague hollywood that contain overused words like "resurrection" "reloaded", or my favorite-- xtreme/extreme, etc in an attempt to sound badass. Then again, "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Xtreme" would sound like the kind of anime that wouldn't be appropriate for these forums.

Personally, I wouldn't mind just calling it II, but hey!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:19   Link #68
type-R!

So apparently there will be a re-run of the fist season before the 2nd airs: http://www.oreimo-anime.com/news/index.html with the "true route" this time.
I'm guessing it'll be followed by the second season right away after it finishes, so that means maybe a mid to late january release date.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 01:33   Link #69
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
So apparently there will be a re-run of the fist season before the 2nd airs: http://www.oreimo-anime.com/news/index.html with the "true route" this time.
I'm guessing it'll be followed by the second season right away after it finishes, so that means maybe a mid to late january release date.
Winter 2013 will have at least one highly anticipated series for me then. I gotta say even finally watching the OVAs, the two that Kirino are not in are the best episodes of the series. Maybe it's because Kyousuke and Ruri got to show more of their true selves(and Ruri is a better main heroine than Kirino). As long as the second season has plenty of Manami, Sena and Ruri(especially Ruri) I will be quite happy. And this is coming from somebody who likes Kirino.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2012-08-12 at 01:50.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 09:46   Link #70
nikkurubio

a kuroneko route is inevitable.. .
Old 2012-09-04, 00:37   Link #71
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

How important is it to watch the 4 OVA episodes from season 1? Will that alternate route be what leads up to season 2? I want to watch them legally, but the DVD set costs $52.99. I've seen the series, I'd hate to spend $52.99 for four OVA episodes. Is there a place that streams the OVA episodes legally? Crunchyroll has season 1, but not the OVA episodes.
Old 2012-09-04, 00:42   Link #72
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They aren't really "OVAs" as much as the "true route". I'd say they're necessary but remember they're going to reshow the first season and I'm guessing that means they're going to show all the episodes including the 'true route'.

Now.. will CR show the *complete* first season this fall? Who knows? (though I'm sure they'll enlighten us soon enough)
Old 2012-09-04, 00:52   Link #73
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Who is going to reshow the first season? Japanese TV channels? And what do you mean by CR enligthening us soon enough? Do they have an announcement regarding OreImo coming in the next couple of weeks?
Old 2012-09-04, 01:03   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Who is going to reshow the first season? Japanese TV channels? And what do you mean by CR enligthening us soon enough? Do they have an announcement regarding OreImo coming in the next couple of weeks?
Japanese TV channels will be re-broadcasting the show this Fall in a new edit to include the "true route" episodes, since those episodes are essential to the continuation. It's conceivable that Crunchyroll (or some other outlet) could also get rights to stream this re-edited broadcast online to allow foreign viewers to see the content they may have missed (so they'll be able to make sense of the second season). If that's going to happen, we will likely know in a few weeks when the new anime season starts and the rebroadcast starts airing in Japan.
Old 2012-09-04, 12:59   Link #75
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It'd be great if Crunchyroll plays the "true route" episodes. Right now the only way to view those episodes legally is via the DVD purchase and like I mentioned, that is $53.
Old 2012-09-04, 13:37   Link #76
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
It'd be great if Crunchyroll plays the "true route" episodes. Right now the only way to view those episodes legally is via the DVD purchase and like I mentioned, that is $53.
Is there no rental store in your place that provide the said OreImo DVD?

But yeah, it’s pretty difficult considering you desire to watch it legally instead of DL-ing (just consider it as a last resort when other options are lost ).

The bonus episodes themselves are pretty good and adds to the richness of the story. It definitely worth it (especially if you like Kuroneko). It’s just, if you don’t like the pseudo-ending in eps 12, I doubt you’ll like the True Route ending (which also become a pseudo-ending now that the 2nd season is coming ).
Old 2012-09-04, 19:10   Link #77
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

If Crunchyroll doesn't put the episodes up for viewing after they are aired in the rebroadcast of the season in Japan, I'll try renting the disc with the episodes from Netflix. Why, that was such a good suggestion that I'll throw a cookie your way!
Old 2012-09-07, 23:40   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

There's an interview on AkibaBlog today (JP, NSFW ads), and it mentions that a PV for the second season will be shown at an event on 7 October.

There will be another interview posted on Monday. At this point, I am especially interested to get confirmation if the second season will conclude the story.
Old 2012-09-08, 00:30   Link #79
AP24

Will the second season be 2-cour? The light novel series has one more volume left which probably will end in spring next year. So even if the second season is 2-cour and starts airing in January the light novel series will still end before the anime.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 00:33   Link #80
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
There will be another interview posted on Monday. At this point, I am especially interested to get confirmation if the second season will conclude the story.
That would be good, since a hanging ending is a prey for doujinshi's...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote