AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-26, 04:05   Link #1
Iroha Isshiki

The New Gate [Light Novel]

I'm surprised no one created this thread for Light Novel,

Manga and Light Novel should be separated.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Please post the future spoilers here in Light Novel thread, some says that it's quite confusing to check for TNW LN spoilers only to find it in manga.
Iroha Isshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 20:52   Link #2
Huttbole

Can we post WN spoilers here without spoiler warning?
Thanks for making a new thread for TNG!
Huttbole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 22:27   Link #3
mugetsu1

Can anyone give spoilers of volume 8 of the WN?

No heroic stories ...

There are no heroes in war."
mugetsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 22:31   Link #4
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttbole View Post
Can we post WN spoilers here without spoiler warning?
Thanks for making a new thread for TNG!
Yes you can do it. Feel free. I created this thread for people who cant read TNW so doing it will help them.Thanks
Old 2017-09-27, 18:58   Link #5
Huttbole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugetsu1 View Post
Can anyone give spoilers of volume 8 of the WN?
Volume 8 HALF-END SUMMARY

Aside from the translations so far, a civil war is coming. Hinomoto is ruled by two main houses, House Yaejima of the west and House Kujou of the east. A feudal society. Each house with their own army. House Ichinose rebels against the rest of Hinomoto in order to unite Hinomoto into a single country. At least that's what they think they're doing, but Tamamo, a powerful demon fox, starts a war because she's obsessed with bloodshed because of her past in the game era.

On the day where Karin fights for the right over the ancient grade sword, Black Moon, she makes it to finals and fights against the lord of House Ichinose, a type bear beast. The beast lord wins against Karin and wins the right over Black Moon, However it doesn't end there, the beast lord proceeds to attack everyone with his new sword, luckily Karin manage to cut the beast lord off with her own ancient grade sword, borrowed from Shin, to defeat the beast lord. The beast lord had used a drug that eats life energy and eventually kills the drug user in exchange for a huge boost of stats.

The beast lord dies, but his army advances on the rest of Hinomoto, combined with demon fox monsters. Shin and co. comes to the rescue and spreads out to help. Yuzuha runs off to chase Tamamo, Shin chases after Yuzuha, while Schnee, Filma and Shibaid fights against the army of Ichinose and demon foxes. Kankurou and Shibaid teams up, Filma goes wild and Schnee elegantly uses her destruction magic. Ichinose's army is wiped out.

Shin encounters the ninja leader and demon foxes, he effortlessly beats them, slashing the ninja and demon foxes in pieces. Munechika atop mt. Fuji wipes out demon foxes who reach the top.

Yuzuha chases down Tamamo, and Yuzuha fails to talk Tamamo into turning good.
Apparently, in the game era Tamamo was always fought and defeated as an evil boss and this made her eventually become insane or become war obsessed (That's how I interpreted it).

A fight breaks out and Tamamo turn six tails to eight and overwhelms Yuzuha, but Yuzuha turns into her true and final form and soundly destroys Tamamo. Tamamo is finally at peace and Yuzuha is exhausted for using her true form which she can only maintain for a few minutes. Shin finds Yuzuha and scolds her for her recklessness, but emphasizes that he's happy she's okay. Happy ending.

Shin's friends left the battle quickly so no one really knows who they were, except Karin and a few. Shin and co. says goodbye and leaves the Saegusa household and plans to head to mt. Fuji to meet with Munechika.
Karin doesn't confess to Shin and Shin ignores her obvious affections for him, even though he pretends to be dense about it.
I bet Karin will most likely reappear in future novels, like Rionne and Milt.

Last edited by Huttbole; 2017-09-28 at 08:32.
Old 2017-09-28, 02:54   Link #6
MrStealKun

@Huttbole
Thank you.
MrStealKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 09:20   Link #7
Huttbole

Does anyone understand what the "Penetration Invalidity" enchantment on weapons means?
Old 2017-09-29, 23:29   Link #8
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Does anyone understand what the "Penetration Invalidity" enchantment on weapons means?
I don't know, probably enchantment that streghtens weapons. Like Shin used against Girard. In order to reinforce the weapon and to not break. I'm not so sure. Maybe in the futute the author will explain it more.

Anyway, One more volume before volume 10 where it shows Tiera's past and Shin's past. I personally think that it's better if Marino die in the hands of PK than her sickness. But anyway, Shin and Marino did reunite with the help of Tiera.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-09-30 at 09:59. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 2017-09-30, 15:09   Link #9
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroha Isshiki View Post
I don't know, probably enchantment that streghtens weapons. Like Shin used against Girard. In order to reinforce the weapon and to not break. I'm not so sure. Maybe in the futute the author will explain it more.

Anyway, One more volume before volume 10 where it shows Tiera's past and Shin's past. I personally think that it's better if Marino die in the hands of PK than her sickness. But anyway, Shin and Marino did reunite with the help of Tiera.
How do they reunite? Details please
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 11:34   Link #10
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
How do they reunite? Details please
We all know that Marino's soul reside in Tiera right. The soul was supposed to be absorbed by Tiera, but since Tiera is a shrine maiden of the world tree, Marino's soul wasn't absorbed but rather lingered by Tiera's soul. Because Masaki Rino or Marino died in the real life.

Tiera let Marino's spirit and Shin reunite, they talk about things. So that sums t up
Old 2017-10-02, 12:33   Link #11
mugetsu1

Quote:
Volume 8 HALF-END SUMMARY

Aside from the translations so far, a civil war is coming. Hinomoto is ruled by two main houses, House Yaejima of the west and House Kujou of the east. A feudal society. Each house with their own army. House Ichinose rebels against the rest of Hinomoto in order to unite Hinomoto into a single country. At least that's what they think they're doing, but Tamamo, a powerful demon fox, starts a war because she's obsessed with bloodshed because of her past in the game era.

On the day where Karin fights for the right over the ancient grade sword, Black Moon, she makes it to finals and fights against the lord of House Ichinose, a type bear beast. The beast lord wins against Karin and wins the right over Black Moon, However it doesn't end there, the beast lord proceeds to attack everyone with his new sword, luckily Karin manage to cut the beast lord off with her own ancient grade sword, borrowed from Shin, to defeat the beast lord. The beast lord had used a drug that eats life energy and eventually kills the drug user in exchange for a huge boost of stats.

The beast lord dies, but his army advances on the rest of Hinomoto, combined with demon fox monsters. Shin and co. comes to the rescue and spreads out to help. Yuzuha runs off to chase Tamamo, Shin chases after Yuzuha, while Schnee, Filma and Shibaid fights against the army of Ichinose and demon foxes. Kankurou and Shibaid teams up, Filma goes wild and Schnee elegantly uses her destruction magic. Ichinose's army is wiped out.

Shin encounters the ninja leader and demon foxes, he effortlessly beats them, slashing the ninja and demon foxes in pieces. Munechika atop mt. Fuji wipes out demon foxes who reach the top.

Yuzuha chases down Tamamo, and Yuzuha fails to talk Tamamo into turning good.
Apparently, in the game era Tamamo was always fought and defeated as an evil boss and this made her eventually become insane or become war obsessed (That's how I interpreted it).

A fight breaks out and Tamamo turn six tails to eight and overwhelms Yuzuha, but Yuzuha turns into her true and final form and soundly destroys Tamamo. Tamamo is finally at peace and Yuzuha is exhausted for using her true form which she can only maintain for a few minutes. Shin finds Yuzuha and scolds her for her recklessness, but emphasizes that he's happy she's okay. Happy ending.

Shin's friends left the battle quickly so no one really knows who they were, except Karin and a few. Shin and co. says goodbye and leaves the Saegusa household and plans to head to mt. Fuji to meet with Munechika.
Karin doesn't confess to Shin and Shin ignores her obvious affections for him, even though he pretends to be dense about it.
I bet Karin will most likely reappear in future novels, like Rionne and Milt.
oooh!! thank you so much, and why did Shin go to munechika, to defeat it and obtain it as a sword?

No heroic stories ...

There are no heroes in war."
mugetsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 08:55   Link #12
Honjo Masamune
The Fucking Master

The only thing that matters to me now is that Shin and Schnee are a couple....banzai!!!sorry for Tiera,I also really like but Schnee is the waifu of the waifus.

Last edited by Honjo Masamune; 2017-10-03 at 21:06.
Honjo Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 14:59   Link #13
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honjo Masamune View Post
The only thing that matters to me now is that Shin and Schnee are a couple....banzai!!!!sorry for Tiera,I also really like but Schnee is the waifu of the waifus.
Shin deserve to have a harem, not just Schnee but also Tiera, Filma, Yuzuha, Rionne, Cuore, Milt, Karin, Seti, etc.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 16:47   Link #14
Tenzen12

Why waste time on inferior waifus? Schnee Is clearly best and everyone else are just as step down from it.

In all seriousness harem has only sense if all waifus or more or less equal.
Old 2017-10-03, 16:54   Link #15
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the artist for the ln is so much better then the artist for the manga it is not even funny. I know the publisher has got better artist on it is manga side. i wonder how the hell NG got such a crap artist.
Old 2017-10-04, 02:44   Link #16
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
Shin deserve to have a harem, not just Schnee but also Tiera, Filma, Yuzuha, Rionne, Cuore, Milt, Karin, Seti, etc.
You nailed it.
Old 2017-10-04, 02:45   Link #17
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the artist for the ln is so much better then the artist for the manga it is not even funny. I know the publisher has got better artist on it is manga side. i wonder how the hell NG got such a crap artist.
That's why I never read the manga. 1st time I saw Shin's face on manga, I immediately dropped it.
Old 2017-10-04, 02:47   Link #18
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why waste time on inferior waifus? Schnee Is clearly best and everyone else are just as step down from it.

In all seriousness harem has only sense if all waifus or more or less equal.
Too hard to argue with this topic. Everything about Schnee is perfect. Although I want a harem but I got to admit that you're right.
Old 2017-10-04, 11:14   Link #19
Eclar
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroha Isshiki View Post
Too hard to argue with this topic. Everything about Schnee is perfect. Although I want a harem but I got to admit that you're right.
I think the same. Schnee was created by combining Shin's preferences, so she pretty much has an advantage over the other girls.
I also don't mind if this ends up with harem though.
Old 2017-10-04, 12:03   Link #20
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclar View Post
I think the same. Schnee was created by combining Shin's preferences, so she pretty much has an advantage over the other girls.
I also don't mind if this ends up with harem though.
Which is what I hope would happen in the end. Shin answering those girls and Schnee is the alpha wife is too good to be true.

Tags
fantasy