AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-12, 15:55   Link #801
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The reason the anime is hated is because the director basically told the mangaka that he hated his manga and had no intention to adapt it in a way that followed his vision.

I think that the end result was rather good but I can't really bring myself to like it 100% since I really can't respect the work of someone who chooses to adapt someone's work only to trample over his wishes.

Last edited by sona-nyl; 2012-05-19 at 13:27.
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 06:38   Link #802
Kakkou
Tch.

I think that's pretty much that reason as well. It would have been so much better if the director had just shut his stupid trap. While it did not affect the fact I rather liked the anime, it still left a bit of a sour aftertaste knowing what a dick the director was.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 16:32   Link #803
FireChick

Quote:
The reason the anime is hated is because the director basically told the mangaka that he hated his manga and had no intention to adapt it in a way that followed his vision.
Isn't it like that here in America, too? I mean, lots of movie or TV directors change a lot of things in adaptations (examples: Watchmen, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Watership Down The TV series, heck even The Last Airbender!) whether they told the creator they didn't want to be faithful to it or not.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha