AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-19, 23:50   Link #1481
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict88 View Post
Any arguments to redirect my summation?
No arguments really - it's possible. But it's also possible/probable they just remained standing where ever Rubel left them. So obidient....
Old 2008-03-20, 00:20   Link #1482
tenken627
what Yagi said

Its kind of funny.

# of posts in Chapter 74 Discussion - 576

# of posts in Chapter 75 Discussion - 472

# of posts in Chapter 76 Discussion - 390

# of posts in Chapter 77 Discussion - 1,209

# of posts in Chapter 78 Discussion - 1,480

And the Chapter 78 Discussion thread was only started 20 days ago.

I guess none of us can wait until 79 comes out.
Old 2008-03-20, 00:21   Link #1483
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simley View Post
I'm glad I didn't watch the anime after episode 17. I don't know what happens, I just know it's some retarded anime only crap. From previous experiences, I knew when anime steered away from their manga counterpart, they usually end horribbly. I also think it's unfair to judge raki based on the anime, cause in the manga he's wicked. I too am jealous he gets to be so close to clare, and now priscilla, but still...
I started Claymore a long time ago, but had very few chapters of it. When the anime came out, I knew it'd be good, and it rekindled my desire to find the rest of the manga (which I did).
When the last few episodes were coming out, I finally caught up to Pieta in the manga. I somehow knew there was going to be a divergance by then, so I paused reading the manga before the final parts of the Rigaldo fight, and decided to watch the anime to the end first (because I suspected it would suck in comparison) and fix everything by reading the manga after. Plan worked like a charm.

I was like OMG later reading Pricilla count down the lights to 0... one of the freakiest manga moments I've ever had.

Spoiler for the anime ending if you want it:

Spoiler for Anime Ending (differences with manga):

Good grief - I never realized how much I hated that ending until writing that spoiler (I was cured by the manga so quickly, thank goodness).

Jealousy though is why I hate Raki - not the anime. I'm not afraid to admit it.
Old 2008-03-20, 00:48   Link #1484
Simley

thanks for that recap Cyclone, saved me the time if I ever wanted to watch the anime in the future when I am bored out of my mind and decide to check it out...like watching an accident...seriously, that has got to be one of the worst endings ever.
Old 2008-03-20, 00:50   Link #1485
Vinak
Procrastinator

yea the anime was good...up until that point. then it sucked and brought the quality of the rest of the series down with it.

I saw the anime first and read the manga later. I am quite pleased with the way it going now and am looking forward to the next chapters.

what would ruin the story for me is if the MIB turn into some kind of power. like if they are actually the remains of the male claymore era and they simply decided to supress themselves for so long and to such an extent that it can't be sensed anymore.

and suddenly they decide to release it and are actually more powerful than AB's...that would ruin it for me.

I would be ok with them being male claymores in disguise but they should be week in comparison to the main claymores.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:13   Link #1486
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshka View Post
I like this manga, but there are so many loose ends!! I mean we never find out what happens to come of the most interesting characters! Irene, Rafaela..thank god that Galatea survived, I really like her a lot, hope she lives and joins the ghosts!
I was really sad when Undine was killed, she had such a dual nature, it would have been cool to see her character progress. Yuma on the other hand, drives me nuts! She is so un-claymorish, weak and insure, had her arm cut off in the very first AB battle in Pieta. How did she ever get a higher rank than Clare????
Ha Ha I have a theory about that. Does anybody ever wonder if maybe Yagi san does it on perpose just to keep us reading it? I mean a chapter every month is tough on some fans, so maybe he gives us so many things to speculate to keep us reading untill the next chapter is out. I mean if you think about it, after the first 20 or so pages the conversation goes down and everybody just brings back the old debate about Rafalea, Lucile, Irene or the Raki debate, sometimes somebody will even bring in the Teresa/Prisilla debate. Would it be so odd if it was deliberate? Sometimes I wonder if he will even answer some of are debates.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:17   Link #1487
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
As recently as a few pages ago I asked who the 2 ghosts in the bottom right panel on page 12 of 78 were. Got no answer. No matter - the theories are more fun anyways.
Maybe it is Helen (left) and Deneve (right)? The two in front of Clarice and Miata?
Old 2008-03-20, 01:21   Link #1488
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simley View Post
I don't understand all the Raki bashing...every time I see him in the manga, he does something cool. He helped Clare come back from an awakening in Rabona, against Ophelia, even though he knew he had no chance, he fought her without complaining so Clare could reattach her legs. Then he asked Isley to teach him how to fight with a sword....for his own sake? no...he wants to get stronger so he can help Clare. I fail to see where he would be considered a wimp.
All we know is the Raki that is around 15 years old.

Who knows, Raki at around 22 might be a bona fide bad ass with a "I don't give a damn" attitude. I bet it will hurt this time when he kicks Cid in the balls. The last time, Cid didn't really feel a thing.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:29   Link #1489
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Maybe it is Helen (left) and Deneve (right)? The two in front of Clarice and Miata?
Deneve uses 2 claymores now.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:33   Link #1490
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
You're right.

From that picture it looks like two short-haired Claymores with their backs turned. We do know that Tabitha and Cynthia likes to have their hair braided (Tabitha - one braid, Cynthia - two braids) with their braids resting on the front. It might be them?
Old 2008-03-20, 01:39   Link #1491
LeftX

Quote:
I almost came late to work answering... and this displeases me greatly. I will re-itterate why you're theory is faulty one last time.

Your premise which you build your theory on is that:

This is just silly. You have no evidence for that.

Logically extending your statement to speed instead of strength, gives us the following:
- youma are faster than humans
- claymores are half youma half human
- therefore in terms of speed: humans < claymores < youma.

We know this to be false. Raki's brother's youma says Clare is faster, Clare says Claymores are faster. Why this is, I don't know, and for the purposes of this argument, I don't care.
Is it possible Claymores are faster because they are lighter but just as strong?
Old 2008-03-20, 01:41   Link #1492
LeftX

Does anyone else think Audrey is pretty hot? She looks like a cross between Miria and Galatea. Or a big sister of Miata.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:41   Link #1493
etothex

Quote:
It's Helen and Deneve, Yagi sensei forgot the 2nd sword, or she's holding both in two hands, or its' planted in the ground, and Miata's head is blocking it. Make up a reason XD Only those 2 and Yuma wear full leggings. So it can't be Yuma.

Miria, Clare, Tabitha = skirts
Cynthia = bloomers
Deneve, Helen, Yuma, = leggings

Quote:
Originally Posted by simley View Post
"Then he asked Isley to teach him how to fight with a sword....for his own sake? no...he wants to get stronger so he can help Clare. I fail to see where he would be considered a wimp.
the thing is we don't know if that is possible, or if Isley is simply humoring him. Wanting to become strong is admirable, if it's not a pipe dream. the reason there are claymores is because humans can't adequately fight them. Just because he learns to fight and use a sword doesn't mean he'll become useful, unless he really becomes Guts Jr. He still wouldn't be able to detect yoma, and would be far weaker than a weak claymore. Maybe he can be a decoy. I dunno, but i cannot ever countenance a "because he's trying hard, it's okay" stance.

i'll say that hopefully he has become a good fighter/grown up and has traveled around asking about Clare. he would then have stopped by Rabona sometime to let Cid and Galk know. We'll probably find out next chapter, if the Rabona guards have any news of him or not. If all he has been doing is following Isley and Priscilla for the last 7 years, well i wash my hands of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftX View Post
Does anyone else think Audrey is pretty hot? She looks like a cross between Miria and Galatea. Or a big sister of Miata.
Audrey is hot, she has that same austere princessy vibe Galatea has.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:45   Link #1494
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
You're right.

From that picture it looks like two short-haired Claymores with their backs turned. We do know that Tabitha and Cynthia likes to have their hair braided (Tabitha - one braid, Cynthia - two braids) with their braids resting on the front. It might be them?
Can't be Cynthia - the pants.
I'm thinking Helen and either Clare or Tabitha (or even possibly Miria).
The reason I'm so curious is because of Miata's whole: "2 are stronger than the rest" spiel - and those are the 2 she's looking at...
It's probably wrong to draw conclusions from that, but still something I'd like to have in the back of my mind.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:54   Link #1495
tenken627
what Yagi said

Audrey peeing on Riful was funny, but it kinda turned me off on her.

I guess I can let her go on that though. If she was going to do it on anyone, I'm glad she did it on Riful.
Old 2008-03-20, 01:55   Link #1496
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftX View Post
Yup - Audrey is hot - top 7 definitely.
You got me thinking though: Audrey #3 ... Miata #4....
Audrey big sister of Miata?
Good question! They do sort of look alike.

Maybe the organization are not yet done with their sister experiments? (Audrey's parents killed [by youma of course] when she was say 8-10ish, and miata still an infant?)
Old 2008-03-20, 02:22   Link #1497
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
It's Helen and Deneve, Yagi sensei forgot the 2nd sword, or she's holding both in two hands, or its' planted in the ground, and Miata's head is blocking it. Make up a reason XD Only those 2 and Yuma wear full leggings. So it can't be Yuma.

Miria, Clare, Tabitha = skirts
Cynthia = bloomers
Deneve, Helen, Yuma, = leggings
Yeah maybe.
But I do sorta see a hint of a skirt on the one on the left there. It's also possible that it's the panty hose going higher than usual or that some assistant colored that portion of the legs by accident.

From the haircuts it would certainly seem like:
left: Clare/Helen right: Deneve
Eliminates: Yuma

From the pants:
Helen/Deneve
Eliminates: Cynthia

From the swords:
Anyone but Deneve

From the arms:
Anyone but Tabitha or Miria (upper arms exposed)

From the shoulder pads:
left: Helen/Clare Eliminates: Miria
right: Clare/Deneve

I guess you could be right - Helen(left) and a one sworded Deneve(right)... could be.
Either that or Clare(left) and Helen(right).
Old 2008-03-20, 03:27   Link #1498
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Quote:
Its kind of funny.
I have been noticing a lot of new people joining the claymore thread the last couple of months. I really like it though as there is much less down time waiting for something fun to read. Lots of interesting new posts too. I still miss some of the people who have not been around for a few months though. I still PM them and ask them to come back...

Hey what is this? An on topic question? Look no further!

I know this question will probably get flooded out pretty soon, but I just thought of something and wanted to hear other people's opinions. Why does Rabona not allow Claymores into it? It is obvious that youma will do whatever they want, but what does the church have against claymores? They requested a secret mission and the soldiers still are on the look out for suspicious people even with the changing times. It seems almost like the church of Rabona has doctrinal teachings against the organization and claymores as they specifically know that claymores are half youma. Might they know more than that? Possibly some history there? That could be really really fun.

And as for the next chapter; suddenly Rabona has 10 Claymores and a dead Awakened Being in the middle of their town square. Father Vincent has been working to change people's opinion but it seems his work is going slowly and he is not finished yet. Might they not blame the Claymores for bringing Agatha to them? Things could get nasty even with Cid and Galk at the claymore's defense. Well, just an idea. If nothing else the Ghosts existence has just been revealed to many many humans. Rumors will most likely spread and the organization will find out if they do not know already.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-03-20 at 04:14.
Old 2008-03-20, 03:48   Link #1499
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Its kind of funny.

If you observe the quality of those posts and how they are related to the original topic of the thread, you will be amazed of how 3/4 of the posts here are of random nature and doesn't relate to chapter 78.

Personally, it annoys the hell out of me and that's why I stopped reading the monthly chapter thread after it's released by a few days since things starts to drift away real quick.

I really don't know why people can't post in the respective threads to keep the forum organized. Heck we even have fanfic in most of the topics although there is a thread for that.

It seems NSW lost hope/(control?) in keeping this thread on topic that he left it be
Old 2008-03-20, 04:11   Link #1500
EviLDoGi

^
Rule 25.
Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.
Closed Thread