AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 02:55   Link #981
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'll put it this way. Lelouch's command COULD have done some good if someone was pressing down on the wound and trying to staunch the bloodflow. The command caused her heart rate to go up, pumping more blood through the body. But with that open wound, it just caused her to bleed out faster.

So, if Lelouch was in less of a panic, he probably could've prolonged her life.
Wow, this is just sick. No, I'm not saying you're sick, I'm saying the whole situation is. I mean, you're right, but it's just awful. But just so we're clear, geass or not, her death was pretty much guaranteed at that point, right?

Hmm, I wonder how she could've spent those extra few seconds.

EDIT: 50 pages. W00T!
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 02:58   Link #982
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, Code Geass wasn't kind to Shirley...
Old 2009-08-04, 03:15   Link #983
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, Code Geass wasn't kind to Shirley...
...yup, that pretty much sums it up.

EDIT: This is Sunrise

And this is Shirley

Spoiler for Definitely NSFW. Disturbing.:

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-08-04 at 03:43.
Old 2009-08-04, 13:48   Link #984
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Wow, this is just sick. No, I'm not saying you're sick, I'm saying the whole situation is. I mean, you're right, but it's just awful. But just so we're clear, geass or not, her death was pretty much guaranteed at that point, right?

Hmm, I wonder how she could've spent those extra few seconds.
i never really thought that geass accelerated her death, i just thought it was a pointless attempt, but it show lulu greatly cares about her without thinking of the consequence.

Quote:

EDIT: This is Sunrise

And this is Shirley

Spoiler for Definitely NSFW. Disturbing.:
please don't compare those awesome deaths and psycho scenes in higurashi to shirley... cmon shirley ain't psycho...

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:14   Link #985
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
cmon shirley ain't psycho...
You not read a particoular doujinshi.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:35   Link #986
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
i never really thought that geass accelerated her death, i just thought it was a pointless attempt, but it show lulu greatly cares about her without thinking of the consequence.
That's what I thought too. But I dunno, RD and morbos make a good argument. Like I said, I don't it's absolutely true to a certainty, but...oh well, I guess it is what it is. Shirley was gonna die no matter what and I think she spent her last moments well. Gosh, I just wish Lelouch would've whispered those three little words to her (you know which ones )

Quote:
please don't compare those awesome deaths and psycho scenes in higurashi to shirley... cmon shirley ain't psycho...
LOL, did I go over your head? I was comparing Sunrise to Mion and Shirley to Satoko. And Satoko wasn't psycho (at least not in that scene) she was a victim. But I suppose I can admit that the gruesome deaths in Higurashi make Shirley's treatment seem kind by comparison.
Old 2009-08-04, 16:56   Link #987
Fishfood1

Quote:
LOL, did I go over your head? I was comparing Sunrise to Mion and Shirley to Satoko. And Satoko wasn't psycho (at least not in that scene) she was a victim. But I suppose I can admit that the gruesome deaths in Higurashi make Shirley's treatment seem kind by comparison.
ahh! nobodyman9 mind f***ed me!!

everyone in higurashi had their psycho moment, sure not in that scene, but at some point..

yeah those deaths were bad comparison to shirley's death... i mean for me i enjoy kills in higurashi, but for CG, it's a different story

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 18:00   Link #988
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
yeah those deaths were bad comparison to shirley's death... i mean for me i enjoy kills in higurashi, but for CG, it's a different story
Haha, well I was more so saying that Sunrise's treatment of Shirley was comparable to Mion's "treatment" of Satoko. You know, what with torturing death in the most horrible gruesome way possible (okay, maybe it's not THAT bad )

Oh, and I wouldn't say I "enjoy" the deaths in Higurashi, but uh...well, it's a different experience.
Old 2009-08-06, 15:41   Link #989
orangejuicetang

Quote:
everyone in higurashi had their psycho moment, sure not in that scene, but at some point..
Not that it really matters, but Mion doesn't really have a psycho moment. Just pointing it out there.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 15:55   Link #990
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Not that it really matters, but Mion doesn't really have a psycho moment. Just pointing it out there.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that little, uh, "technicality" But lets not turn this into a Higurashi discussion.

But yeah, Sunrise. They f*cked Shirley really hard, as my sig indicates.
Old 2009-08-06, 20:22   Link #991
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Here's a thing that's been lingering on my mind for quite a bit: if Shirley lived, could you see her do anything else besides swimming? I think she'd be fine for fashion modeling, she'll just need to work on her confidence.

Last edited by Tr3adst0ne; 2009-08-06 at 20:40.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 21:27   Link #992
ChildrenOfTheMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Here's a thing that's been lingering on my mind for quite a bit: if Shirley lived, could you see her do anything else besides swimming? I think she'd be fine for fashion modeling, she'll just need to work on her confidence.
Prostitution, Sex Slave and that's about it.
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 21:27   Link #993
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfTheMind View Post
Prostitution, Sex Slave and that's about it.
That's harsh, dude.
Old 2009-08-06, 23:08   Link #994
ChildrenOfTheMind

jk, but she is pretty incompetent.
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 00:26   Link #995
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfTheMind View Post
jk, but she is pretty incompetent.
Well, you certainly thought enough of her to have her in your avatar.

Anyway, it has been discussed before what kind of job she might have had if she was still alive, and honestly it's kinda hard to decide. She definitely has the body to be a fashion model as TS suggested, but I think she's a bit too modest for that. Contrary to what COTM thinks, I do believe she is a relatively intelligent individual and she could work as a teacher. Of course she could just be a stay-at-home mom. Of course my favorite occupation for her would be consort to the Emperor Lelouch vi Britannia
Old 2009-08-07, 00:34   Link #996
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Well, you certainly thought enough of her to have her in your avatar.

Anyway, it has been discussed before what kind of job she might have had if she was still alive, and honestly it's kinda hard to decide. She definitely has the body to be a fashion model as TS suggested, but I think she's a bit too modest for that. Contrary to what COTM thinks, I do believe she is a relatively intelligent individual and she could work as a teacher. Of course she could just be a stay-at-home mom. Of course my favorite occupation for her would be consort to the Emperor Lelouch vi Britannia
One does not wear a combination waitress and swimsuit outfit willingly around campus for all to see--including her crush--and be considered modest. Shirley seems perfectly comfortable with her body. Hell, I don't think we've ever seen a scene in CG where Shirley felt herself to be inadequate compared to another, not even Kallen. Most typical schoolgirl characters have scenes like that, yet Shirley doesn't.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2009-08-07 at 00:50.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 01:04   Link #997
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
One does not wear a combination waitress and swimsuit outfit willingly around campus for all to see--including her crush--and be considered modest. Shirley seems perfectly comfortable with her body. Hell, I don't think we've ever seen a scene in CG where Shirley felt herself to be inadequate compared to another, not even Kallen. Most typical schoolgirl characters have scenes like that, yet Shirley doesn't.
Hmm, you raise an excellent point. Of course, I don't think the concept of modesty exists at all in Ashford But yeah, unless you count the time when Milly commented on her bust size or when she was worried that Lelouch was dating Kallen then I guess she never had any major moments of inadequacy. So yeah, I take it back, I guess she could be a fashion model.
Old 2009-08-07, 01:58   Link #998
Sol Falling

Well, she's also in the student council. As non-standard as Ashford's student council might have been, I think that does at least say something about her personality: Shirley was, I think, the only person to have joined the council without a prior connection to the people there. With her fussy attitude about what Lelouch does at/away from school, I can easily see her as a competent student with high grades. Although in terms of possible occupations, that could mean basically anything, the image that sprung to my mind almost immediately was glasses!Shirley being employed as a secretary (a manager of time, with the bureacratic paperwork of the student council in common).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 10:14   Link #999
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, she's also in the student council. As non-standard as Ashford's student council might have been, I think that does at least say something about her personality: Shirley was, I think, the only person to have joined the council without a prior connection to the people there. With her fussy attitude about what Lelouch does at/away from school, I can easily see her as a competent student with high grades. Although in terms of possible occupations, that could mean basically anything, the image that sprung to my mind almost immediately was glasses!Shirley being employed as a secretary (a manager of time, with the bureacratic paperwork of the student council in common).
Slave driver at the office? That would actually be kinda funny even though it would make her OOC. XD
Old 2009-08-07, 10:49   Link #1000
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
However, 1 thing is sure, a bad housewife, considering she's totally clumsy with domestic activities.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote