AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 32.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 26.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 12.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.84%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.84%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-08, 21:29   Link #61
typhonsentra

You know, I always skipped the ending song after hearing it the first time, up until this episode's pleasant surprise.

Great episode, even if it was mainly made to keep the budget down ala episode 9 of Haruhi.
Old 2008-12-08, 21:31   Link #62
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I find this episode quite entertaining. Is it me or is there somekind of homoerotic vibe between Jin and Daitetsu, especially how the shots in that toilet scene in the was set-up.
Jin choosing to sit next to Daitetsu, while flat out refusing to sit next to Tsugumi, probably had Tsugumi wondering if there really was something there between those two guys.
Old 2008-12-08, 22:22   Link #63
bloodyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Jin choosing to sit next to Daitetsu, while flat out refusing to sit next to Tsugumi, probably had Tsugumi wondering if there really was something there between those two guys.
It is certainly a thought provoking event... Let's hope that it does not truly turn yaoi in the end...
Old 2008-12-08, 23:05   Link #64
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Lucky Star references = <3 <3 <3
Seriously i was loling so hard!! This episode was SO EFFING FUNNY. Couldn't stop laughing. Especially after Nagi's bean song. And the ending was hilarious.

10/10, hands down.
Old 2008-12-08, 23:31   Link #65
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This episode sucked ass.

Karoke episodes always bore the hell out of me, this one was no different, and the fact that they replaced that beautiful ending theme with the supermarket crap just makes it even worse.

Let's get back to giving a damn about the characters already.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-12-08, 23:32   Link #66
Ishe

Jin was being smart. The first time he was to sit down, he waited til Tsugumi specifically made room then was about to sit down using that as the excuse, until Zenge voiced interest in him sitting by her to look at the music, giving him a better excuse. The next time a seating choice had to be made, he made the obvious one, sitting by Daitetsu. By sitting by a guy he potetially avoided more female fighting and/or fawning. He was being as non-confrontational as possible.
Old 2008-12-08, 23:55   Link #67
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
Jin was being smart. The first time he was to sit down, he waited til Tsugumi specifically made room then was about to sit down using that as the excuse, until Zenge voiced interest in him sitting by her to look at the music, giving him a better excuse. The next time a seating choice had to be made, he made the obvious one, sitting by Daitetsu. By sitting by a guy he potetially avoided more female fighting and/or fawning. He was being as non-confrontational as possible.
Aka being a complete pussy.

Yeah, real smart.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-12-09, 00:35   Link #68
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I haven't watched all of the episode yet, but I found some hilarious scenes anyway...

Jin's face while Daitetsu was singing was priceless.. I bet the feelings he had during that is what made him run to the restroom...

And keeping with Lucky Star tradition: the first song in the karaoke box was the Space Ironmen Kyodain theme... with the appropriate comments about how old the song is!

Old 2008-12-09, 00:37   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah.... Jin's seating choice was non-confrontational (very cultural solution).... saved the evening's lightness but very disappointing from a progression standpoint.

I found the episode very amusing and it gave the VAs something out of the ordinary to do, but Kannagi is really too damn short a series for this kind of non-event.
Old 2008-12-09, 01:09   Link #70
Oxtail

I think this was the weakest episode of the series so far. There were funny moments, but there seemed to be big pauses when nothing happens.

That said, this episode is 200 times better if you've actually had experience in a karaoke box/ktv/noraebang. Little details in the episode are oh so true! I especially loved when Jin was in the middle of a song when the waitress came in. Every bad singer has had that happen to them and boy is it embarassing.

Oh, and what's with Nagi's outfit? For a while there I thought she was wearing lederhosen.
Old 2008-12-09, 02:11   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yeah.... Jin's seating choice was non-confrontational (very cultural solution).... saved the evening's lightness but very disappointing from a progression standpoint.
Calm before the storm.
Old 2008-12-09, 02:46   Link #72
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The interaction of characters are overall good. But the whole ep seems not so well directed as the whole show give out mixed signal and feelings.

The art/animation is pretty good so i doubt if this Ep is just for filler or saving budget (as not much story progression has been made)
Old 2008-12-09, 03:02   Link #73
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

For some reason I did not find any of the singing that bad, including Jin's. Wait scratch that, I forgot the wound in my heart from Takako's song. Obviously though, some were better than others.

This episode in a way showcased what I like about the show so much. The best way I can describe it, since I am at a loss for words, is that the characters and their interactions come off as "genuine." It was a funny, down to earth episode, however due to the lack of progression, I can only give it an 8.

I will be quite sad if Kannagi does not get more seasons in the future.
Old 2008-12-09, 05:55   Link #74
SkoolRumble4Ya

It looks like Jin met the older version of Lucky Star casts . Damn does everybody in there know how to sing. That sucks that this series is about to end in a couple of weeks.
Old 2008-12-09, 07:20   Link #75
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
For me this was the worst of the episodes to date, I cringed all the way through the singing, ok there were some humourous moments in the character interactions esp. the Tsugumi v. Zange stuff, and Zange obviously hoping that Hakua would be able to bale her out only to find Hakua only knew nursery rhymes, but the terrible singing really made the episode a chore for me. I was hoping that Nagi would stun them with an angelic divine voice* but she was just as dire as the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
This episode sucked ass.

Karaoke episodes always bore the hell out of me, this one was no different, and the fact that they replaced that beautiful ending theme with the supermarket crap just makes it even worse.

Which comes to show that humor is relative, and different people react differently to the same situation. Plus, really, have you folk NEVER ever sung in a karaoke box with friends before?

Also, the episode was actually being fateful to the manga. Yes, there was a karaoke chapter. The only difference this time around is the LS references, and the songs the cast actually sang.
Old 2008-12-09, 08:54   Link #76
Loc
curious

average episode. funny stuff with lucky star, but no real plot.
Old 2008-12-09, 09:40   Link #77
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Fun episode with some pretty decent humor but i do feel this was one of the weaker episodes. They had a chance to progress the story along a little just by using seating choices but they choice to have Jin be peaceful and sit next to another male and i just face palmed sigh. Poor Tsugumi not once but twice was she dissed by Jin I would gave him a good he bitch pimp slap and told him to grow some ballz if i was there. I wonder if we will see some aftermath as a result of this with Tsugumi and Jin. Oh well i hope we a little progression next time around Tsugumi is so damn sweet its hard not to sympathize with her.

Surprise surprise Zenge sining was terrible lol

I think the best part about the episode was Takako she just kick ass and she bought her Super cute mode which just made watching a karoke episode tolerable. Give Takako her own damn series please hell i might even fund the project it would be worth it.
Old 2008-12-09, 10:48   Link #78
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
This episode sucked ass.
Agreed. What's fun about an episode where all the characters do is sing? I mean, I'm sure they could have made it fun somehow, like making them get all retarded while singing, but it was so plain. Boring.
Old 2008-12-09, 11:53   Link #79
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
hmm.. i for one liked this episode, rather, i was really looking forward to this partly because of the manga (Takako's song) and mostly because of 2 seiyuu's currently voicing here; Sawashiro Miyuki and Haruka Tomatsu. Though, that's just another opinion of someone who likes singing in their anime.

anywho, going back to th epiosde.. it's an enjoyable episode b'coz like i said, i've been looking forward to this since ep 1. Did expect Nagi to sing something ominous but seeing how her VA sang HelloDokkoi Soybeans impressive in itself

Tsugumi's VA, Sawashiro Miyuki, is as expected did a wonderful job and needless to say i'm anticipating her chara song. What caught me off guard is Daitetsu's beautiful singing, I was like " dude, his voice is awesome " that's quite unexpected considering how his voice suddenly changed in an instant. Another one was Zange's singing.. sorry to say it but.. she sux badly () and here i was expecting something great since i was like "wtf is Zange doing here?!"

..and strangely enough, i somewhat had the expectation of Shino singing in this episode (sadly enough, she still didn't..) auu~ no fair!

what a waste, Mai Nakahara have a good voice too one being from Lovedol.

gave it a 9/10.
Old 2008-12-09, 12:02   Link #80
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Now I want to eat more soya. Damn Nagi. It feels like the song made me go marching into store and buy it, consume it for Greater Soya Empire.