AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Higurashi

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-27, 20:38   Link #3381
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
I think that Higurashi Rei might not be in my watchlist if it has too much fanservice...
At least I won't see that arc where they go to the pool. (forgot the name)
...But at least I liked how Hanyuu looks in that screenshot...kinda.
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 21:00   Link #3382
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States, New Jersey
Ok as much as I like provocative images, especially Higurashi and Umineko, this is a little too un-realistic for the charcters to,

1: Have extreme growths in boob sizes in such a short period of time.
2: To have soo~ many breasts that big in one place.

Why did the Japanese have to do this!

(Argh I am so~ going to hell for neglecting this fanservice...)

EDIT:

On another note I have a request! It might be a tad bit hard to do...BUT!

Can someone put together all of Rena's "USODA"'s into one picture?

Meaning we need the USODA from the PS2 games, DS games, Anime, manga, (Some) Doujinshi, Higurashi ga Naku Koro ni, Live Action movie and of course Visual Novels.

I don't know if this could be possible but it would be a great group project. heh.

Last edited by Oyajitchi; 2008-12-27 at 21:11.
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 21:12   Link #3383
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
I think that Higurashi Rei might not be in my watchlist if it has too much fanservice...
At least I won't see that arc where they go to the pool. (forgot the name)
...But at least I liked how Hanyuu looks in that screenshot...kinda.
Saikoroshi-hen? That's pretty much the main story in Rei, I wouldn't miss out on it completely. Especially since the pool scene doesn't even take up that much of the story. =P
__________________

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 21:39   Link #3384
Joly
モエカステル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: カケラの海
I'll just watch it to see how they handle the anime version of Saikoroshi-hen. The art style does look much nicer in the screenshot images though. I was a bit turned off by the first magazine scan they released of it (the one with Rena getting her top fished away by Satoko.)

I still wonder what MIYO is doing there. @_@;
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 22:35   Link #3385
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Saikoroshi-hen? That's pretty much the main story in Rei, I wouldn't miss out on it completely. Especially since the pool scene doesn't even take up that much of the story. =P
The pool scene will have its own arc for the anime, unlike in the game where it was only a short introduction for Saikoroshi-hen.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 23:34   Link #3386
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 36
Yeah, I'm glad i'm not alone in not liking the fan-service-EXPLOSION that seems to be the majority of released Rei picks. I'm kinda worried that they're going to overdo things in that vein in Rei :/ .
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 00:05   Link #3387
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
The pool scene will have its own arc for the anime, unlike in the game where it was only a short introduction for Saikoroshi-hen.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that...
__________________

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 03:13   Link #3388
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Meh. The twins always had mega melons and Hanyuu's had them off and on depending on where you look. I'm kind of surprised they cut down on Satoko's when I'm fairly certain she had a SOMETHING going for her even in the VN.

And Mion looks hot. ... I would like to know how she can wear that when she supposedly has a giant tattoo on her back, though. Or is the tattoo only on the part under her neck that her suit covers? Though that doesn't really explain that Nekogoroshi OVA thing and her cow suit.


Honestly, I'm just glad the art looks DECENT from these new shots. That one art that's on the site that's been around for a while looks plain AWFUL so I've got a little hope for Rei back now. Even if the pool arc is awful, we've still got two more afterwards to look forward to, so--
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 04:00   Link #3389
KoiYuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi View Post
And Mion looks hot. ... I would like to know how she can wear that when she supposedly has a giant tattoo on her back, though. Or is the tattoo only on the part under her neck that her suit covers? Though that doesn't really explain that Nekogoroshi OVA thing and her cow suit.
Spoiler for .:

lol@continuity
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 09:35   Link #3390
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Here it is...the tatoo...


I CANNOT BELIEVE! WILL THEY REALLY REALLY PRETEND TO FORGET THAT MION HAS THIS TATOO?????????????????? WHERE IT IS? WHERE? WHERE? SHOW ME!!!



WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????????????


I'm excited to watch REI because I want to see everyone moving and talking again in anime version, but some things are really odd about it u_u
But, afterall, there's a chance that the tatoo be just a finalization and...and they will make it later...yeah..they will make it later..they will.....hehe..................................... ........maybe...
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:23   Link #3391
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Spoiler for .:

lol@continuity
I just died a little.
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 12:43   Link #3392
kewlgurl4ya
USODA
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Send a message via MSN to kewlgurl4ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post


I don't see the problem.
Does any1 have all of the girls' swim suit model sheet thingers? lolz
kewlgurl4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 12:49   Link #3393
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 33
They already forgot about that tattoo in Nekogoroshi.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 12:54   Link #3394
kewlgurl4ya
USODA
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Send a message via MSN to kewlgurl4ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Here it is...the tatoo...


I CANNOT BELIEVE! WILL THEY REALLY REALLY PRETEND TO FORGET THAT MION HAS THIS TATOO?????????????????? WHERE IT IS? WHERE? WHERE? SHOW ME!!!



WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????????????


I'm excited to watch REI because I want to see everyone moving and talking again in anime version, but some things are really odd about it u_u
But, afterall, there's a chance that the tatoo be just a finalization and...and they will make it later...yeah..they will make it later..they will.....hehe..................................... ........maybe...
i thought it was more of a birthmark but it's shown in the opening for the first season...lol
kewlgurl4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 19:40   Link #3395
Isabeau
Family Councillor
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi View Post
Meh. The twins always had mega melons and Hanyuu's had them off and on depending on where you look. I'm kind of surprised they cut down on Satoko's when I'm fairly certain she had a SOMETHING going for her even in the VN.

You're a guy, so no wonder you have nothing against the new "development". Sorry for being cliché, but that's how I see it. Well, the art does look nice, that's true- it's just the fanservice-y stuff that's annoying and out of place. A bit of fanservice- no problem. But a series like Higurashi doesn't need so much of it and it would be a shame to ruin it with that.
The swimsuit drawings look decent, though, even the twins'. Looking at the Mion above my post here, I must say she looks okay. I hope they'll really stick to these drawings.
__________________
_________________
Isabeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:07   Link #3396
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Spoiler for .:

lol@continuity
I find it sad that while the style of the artwork got better for Nekogoroshi-hen and Rei that they would still forget something so major for Mion's character design... especially since UNLIKE the first season, Nekogoroshi-hen and Rei actually SHOW HER BACK. >_>
__________________

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:16   Link #3397
Ithekro
The Comet has Come
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 40
Like everyone else Mion and Shion are permanately confused...even their tatoo doesn't know where it is suppose to go anymore.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:57   Link #3398
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabeau View Post
You're a guy, so no wonder you have nothing against the new "development". Sorry for being cliché, but that's how I see it. Well, the art does look nice, that's true- it's just the fanservice-y stuff that's annoying and out of place. A bit of fanservice- no problem. But a series like Higurashi doesn't need so much of it and it would be a shame to ruin it with that.
The swimsuit drawings look decent, though, even the twins'. Looking at the Mion above my post here, I must say she looks okay. I hope they'll really stick to these drawings.
Well uh, hate to burst your bubble but there's been naked twincest art and unlimited angel morte outfit works since season one, among other things, came out, and it's been obvious something like this was coming since they announced it being an arc at the pool, so... no wonder I don't see it as a "new development"?

Plus when you get to the third OVA of something you can't not expect some form of lulz or another. At least this kind ain't awful.

And ha ha wow not even touching the sexism there. Though in my defense I meant more "this looks amazing compared to the fugly stuff they had on the site before" and not "LOL SO SEKUSHI LOL".
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:11   Link #3399
Ithekro
The Comet has Come
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 40
Considering the guys are also in suits I imagine it goes both ways in Higurashi...plus Mion being Mion and Punishment Games being a constant....K1 is in danger.

Rena however will want to take at least one of them home.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:28   Link #3400
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States, New Jersey
Yes like Ithekro said you have to take into consideration that the guys are also being in swimsuits...
Though boys tend not to be as offended in my opinion to "packages", ( there is a lot of "packages" for the boys as there are "HUGE" breasts) girls are more sensitive to these issues for many differ reasons...which is perfectly understandable.

This is just mainly, like everyone said, pure fan-service granted to the Higurashi fan base. Though some might be questioning this fan service, if as long as the show is as good as the manga and games, it is all fine by me.

With the thing about the tatoo, I don't know if they did not show it in the actual previews for the anime, but take notice that the character sketches are sketches, and will probably change during the process of transferring Mion into anime form. (We hope)

EDIT:

Heh, Kei-chan is a rule of exception in the "package" case.
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
images

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.