AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-01-04, 00:50   Link #561
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Yeah, but they do do it all the time, even if offscreen--

And as a fan, I would PREFER if they just let Mion keep her tattoo. One pieces are fine too, Japan!
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 19:06   Link #562
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

For the record though, when one has a large, um, chestular region, two pieces actually are more comfortable than a one piece.

So keeping that in mind, I think Mion's bathing garb is actually relatively modest. Continuity killing, but modest .

Last edited by lovelysan; 2009-01-05 at 07:31. Reason: I remembered the word "modest" XD
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 18:14   Link #563
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
For the record though, when one has a large, um, chestular region, two pieces actually are more comfortable than a one piece.

So keeping that in mind, I think Mion's bathing garb is actually relatively modest. Continuity killing, but modest .

Now Takano's swimsuit.......

scares me soo much. Then again, she is a scary person o_o
Mistypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 19:04   Link #564
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistypearl View Post
Now Takano's swimsuit.......

scares me soo much. Then again, she is a scary person o_o

I don't see how. Aside from being an evil nurse, she's usually just polite and shifty.
Old 2009-01-06, 19:16   Link #565
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

I seem to recall that that was a popular swimsuit style in Europe in the early 1980s. But they she has multiple syringes in each hand like throwing knives...that's more worrisome.
Old 2009-01-09, 10:49   Link #566
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Worrisome, awesome. To-may-to, To-mah-to .
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:23   Link #567
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Exactly. Do you know how many polite and shifty people there are? They scare the crap out of me. It's always those you have to look out for o__O
Old 2009-01-09, 15:48   Link #568
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Well seriously Takano can't even swim in that top, can she?
And yeah Mion is pretty modest actually, for an anime character anyway.
Old 2009-01-16, 06:15   Link #569
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Okay, there are lots of spoilers lying around for someone who hasn't played the game or read the manga. And I really don't wanna be a person who asks questions without reading other peoples posts, but thats the only chance I have now. xD

To introduce myself and my accuintance with Higurashi, I only watched the full 2 seasons. Now I'm going to ask questions that contains spoiler from season 1 and 2, so you are warned, but If possible, please answer them in a mysterious way - No spoilers and if possible, a clarification!

The lady at the end of season 2, Some say its Rika some say its some witch (which I don't want to know WHO that is). When are we going to find about about her? Ova's? The additional higurashi season (if it comes, that is)? Umineko no naku koro ni?

Is there still a big truth that we are not aware of? As far as I know, Rika is the key to whole events, and thats the biggest story and the truth? Are there still some events to unfold, rather then just spawning in random worlds and trying not to die?

How is Umineko no naku koro ni related to Higurashi? Events, characters, plot? Will the two stories meet?

If so, is the chronology I tried to make is correct? ;
higurashi no naku koro ni
higurashi no naku koro ni kai
higurashi no naku koro ni rei
umineko no naku koro ni
final - extra season.. etc?

I'd be very glad if someone would give me hints, no spoilers please. Thank you very very much ^^
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 10:25   Link #570
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Okay, there are lots of spoilers lying around for someone who hasn't played the game or read the manga. And I really don't wanna be a person who asks questions without reading other peoples posts, but thats the only chance I have now. xD

To introduce myself and my accuintance with Higurashi, I only watched the full 2 seasons. Now I'm going to ask questions that contains spoiler from season 1 and 2, so you are warned, but If possible, please answer them in a mysterious way - No spoilers and if possible, a clarification!

The lady at the end of season 2, Some say its Rika some say its some witch (which I don't want to know WHO that is). When are we going to find about about her? Ova's? The additional higurashi season (if it comes, that is)? Umineko no naku koro ni?

Is there still a big truth that we are not aware of? As far as I know, Rika is the key to whole events, and thats the biggest story and the truth? Are there still some events to unfold, rather then just spawning in random worlds and trying not to die?

How is Umineko no naku koro ni related to Higurashi? Events, characters, plot? Will the two stories meet?

umineko no naku koro ni

I'd be very glad if someone would give me hints, no spoilers please. Thank you very very much ^^

erm, think umineko as a completely different story as higurashi, dont bunch em together. same author , different story.

and yes, wait for higurashi rei for the clarification of miss bernkastel( although its still iffy in the end)
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 11:01   Link #571
Orophin

Quote:
Okay, there are lots of spoilers lying around for someone who hasn't played the game or read the manga.
The manga is behind the anime by the way. They are still on Matsuribayashi-hen.

Quote:
The first time we hear about her is actually at the very beginning of the first arc, Onikakushi-hen. The first thing you read when you click start in the game and the first page of the manga is about her. They simply decided to remove this for the anime. You will learn more about her in Rei.

Quote:
The main plot of Higurashi ended with Kai. You will learn more about certain characters in Rei and that's about it.

Quote:

umineko no naku koro ni
Umineko doesn't have anything to do with Higurashi.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 12:11   Link #572
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I remember seeing Rika in Umineko posters.. Or someone looking just like her. Or is that the mysterious lady at the end of season 2 o.o?
Anyway, thank you for the answers Orophin! Much appreciated, just exactly the type of thing I wanted ^^!
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 13:28   Link #573
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

The person in the Umineko posters is the "mysterious lady".
Old 2009-01-16, 13:32   Link #574
Orophin

Quote:
I remember seeing Rika in Umineko posters.. Or someone looking just like her. Or is that the mysterious lady at the end of season 2 o.o?
Anyway, thank you for the answers Orophin! Much appreciated, just exactly the type of thing I wanted ^^!
Well, it does have a few things in common but the story and the world are totally different. Most of the things that are Higurashi related in Umineko are simply references like Battler who is reading a novel called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or George who is wearing a Tomitake Flash shirt at some point. As for "Rika", I won't answer because that would be a spoiler.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 13:32   Link #575
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

"Umineko doesn't have anything to do with Higurashi."

Yet. Umineko isn't finished yet. One can never say until it is over.

For now they have nothing to do with either other
Old 2009-01-16, 17:46   Link #576
kyouray
2D > 3D

I don't know if it has already been posted but we've the last DVDs release dates :
OAV 3 : 05/22
OAV 4 : 06/24
OAV 5 : 08/21
Old 2009-01-21, 08:57   Link #577
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
I don't know if it has already been posted but we've the last DVDs release dates :
OAV 3 : 05/22
OAV 4 : 06/24
OAV 5 : 08/21
wow, why is the intermission between the ovas so LONG ? wtf?
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 14:26   Link #578
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
wow, why is the intermission between the ovas so LONG ? wtf?

It builds suspense.
Old 2009-01-21, 14:48   Link #579
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Doesn't that just help break up the three arcs? OVA 1: first arc (Pool). OVA2-4 Second arc (serious). OVA 5: last arc (Daybreak)
Old 2009-01-21, 19:19   Link #580
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Doesn't that just help break up the three arcs? OVA 1: first arc (Pool). OVA2-4 Second arc (serious). OVA 5: last arc (Daybreak)
That WOULD make sense, if you didn't have to wait so very long for "what happens next" in Saikoroshi-hen.