AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-12-03, 01:55   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku The Movie - Heaven is a Place on Earth - Discussion Thread

From Anime News Network:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Next year's combined 2nd/3rd volume of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is announcing on Wednesday that a theatrical anime film adaptation of Kenjirou Hata's Hayate the Combat Butler manga has been launched. The story follows a boy named Hayate who serves as a butler, bodyguard, confidante, and more to a girl named Nagi to pay off a 156,804,000-yen (about US$1.8-million) debt.

First-time director Hideto Komori (animation director of Darker than BLACK, Ergo Proxy, House of Five Leaves) is helming the project at the studio Manglobe (The World God Only Knows). Yasuko Kobayashi (Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kamen Rider Den-O, Blassreiter, Casshern Sins, Claymore, Shakugan no Shana) is scripting.
ANN's source: Uri-Sure Matome R
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:15   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, definitely didn't see this one coming... So... Probably the entire [Greece arc] - [fillers] + [End of World backstory] = Movie?

That could work.

Sigh... I honestly cannot choose between Athena and Hinagiku
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:24   Link #3
Wigwams

Spoiler for my guess:

Last edited by Wigwams; 2010-12-03 at 03:40.
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:54   Link #4
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

A movie.....................
Well................. that was unexpected...........
Guessing it EoTW Arc + Greece Arc....................

Edit: Just realize,
Studio Manglobe!!!!! WTF!!!!!!
WHERE IS J.C WHEN I NEED THEM!!!!!!

Last edited by Wolfnagi; 2010-12-03 at 04:13.
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 06:56   Link #5
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

A movie? hmm why not . Hope it won't kill the show. Still wait for a new season though.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 07:04   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

I would rather have Manglobe animate a movie than J.C Staff.... much higher potential for better animation... A-tan please.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 07:43   Link #7
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

The staff makes me have high hopes for this one. I hope they adapt The End of The World chapter personally.
Old 2010-12-03, 09:20   Link #8
hinakatbklyn

A movie may not be as long as a third season but I will enjoy the movie just as much.

Right now Hina is still my preference but more screentime for Athena would be just as good. (I would of suggested J.C. Staff, but maybe manglobe could do a better job)

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-12-03 at 09:34.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 13:48   Link #9
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I feel like the movie is going to rush things if its the Athena arc. I prefer season 3.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:57   Link #10
GlassesLady
dat apple

1. It could be the End of the World arc, but someone else noted that a movie with pretty much just two characters might not go over so well, regardless of how popular one of those characters is. Also, this would probably mean they're dumping everything between the end of the second season and the start of EotW, which is sad.
2. Greece Arc - fillers could also work, but I liked the fillers, so I'm hoping they save that one for a full season. That's what I didn't really like about the second season; they dropped a lot of my favourite chapters (my Risa chapter ;-
3. Saw someone else saying it'd be a remake of the start of the series, which isn't very likely, unless they're doing something like making a version to match the second season's continuity.
4. It also might be a non-canon thing made to bridge the gap between two seasons, like that OVA they did. Don't really see why'd they'd use an entire movie just for that. Also, of course, there's been no news of a third season. (I suppose they could be using the movie to get suport for one, though....)
5. I think HnG is now officially playing animation studio roulette. Here's hoping they hit Studio SHAFT next! (Or Satelight. I have a soft spot for Satelight....)

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 19:03   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
1. It could be the End of the World arc, but someone else noted that a movie with pretty much just two characters might not go over so well, regardless of how popular one of those characters is. Also, this would probably mean they're dumping everything between the end of the second season and the start of EotW, which is sad.
2. Greece Arc - fillers could also work, but I liked the fillers, so I'm hoping they save that one for a full season. That's what I didn't really like about the second season; they dropped a lot of my favourite chapters (my Risa chapter ;-
3. Saw someone else saying it'd be a remake of the start of the series, which isn't very likely, unless they're doing something like making a version to match the second season's continuity.
4. It also might be a non-canon thing made to bridge the gap between two seasons, like that OVA they did. Don't really see why'd they'd use an entire movie just for that. Also, of course, there's been no news of a third season. (I suppose they could be using the movie to get suport for one, though....)
5. I think HnG is now officially playing animation studio roulette. Here's hoping they hit Studio SHAFT next! (Or Satelight. I have a soft spot for Satelight....)
Shaft being Shaft for Hayate
Old 2010-12-04, 10:48   Link #12
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Shaft being Shaft for Hayate
Oh come on, it'd be awesome. Admit it.

Old 2010-12-04, 14:15   Link #13
madmac

If this movie turns out to be an adaption and not something original, I'm still betting on a Golden Week movie. It's got drama, explosions, tons of characters, and basically, if there's one arc in the entire series so far you'd want to make a movie out of (Theatrical release mind you, not an OVA!) that would be the one.

Of course, it's also really long and requires a certain amount of build-up, so it's a still a long shot. In theory they'd do Eotw first, but...I just can't see them hoping to make money off of a movie that is based around only two characters, (and not the most popular two, either) and not just that, but kid versions of two characters out of the entire series.

Athena is popular, but lets just say there isn't a lot of chibi-athena fanart out there. I like Eotw, but it's literally as far removed from the rest of the series in tone and content as you can possibly get.

Of course, I'm also pretty much assuming we're not getting a Season 3 at this point unless the movie does really well. Honestly, if you look at where Season two ended, a Season three would have been really hard to do without putting out 50 episodes, because you've got about 10 episodes of filler-ish comedy before jumping into Eotw and pretty much everything after that is build up for Golden Week. Another 25 episode season would have ended on a massive cliffhanger and I really doubt it would have gone over well with fans.

I could be completely wrong of course, but if they are doing a movie instead of a third season, it makes sense to me.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 14:20   Link #14
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
If this movie turns out to be an adaption and not something original, I'm still betting on a Golden Week movie. It's got drama, explosions, tons of characters, and basically, if there's one arc in the entire series so far you'd want to make a movie out of (Theatrical release mind you, not an OVA!) that would be the one.

Of course, it's also really long and requires a certain amount of build-up, so it's a still a long shot. In theory they'd do Eotw first, but...I just can't see them hoping to make money off of a movie that is based around only two characters, (and not the most popular two, either) and not just that, but kid versions of two characters out of the entire series.

Athena is popular, but lets just say there isn't a lot of chibi-athena fanart out there. I like Eotw, but it's literally as far removed from the rest of the series in tone and content as you can possibly get.

Of course, I'm also pretty much assuming we're not getting a Season 3 at this point unless the movie does really well. Honestly, if you look at where Season two ended, a Season three would have been really hard to do without putting out 50 episodes, because you've got about 10 episodes of filler-ish comedy before jumping into Eotw and pretty much everything after that is build up for Golden Week. Another 25 episode season would have ended on a massive cliffhanger and I really doubt it would have gone over well with fans.

I could be completely wrong of course, but if they are doing a movie instead of a third season, it makes sense to me.
they can do a 3rd season ending with the EotW arc which would bridge over to the Movie with the Greek Island Arc.

the golden week arc is filled with too much fillers and fluffy. And you can't do a movie base on fluff. the Greek Island arc however has Drama, romance, Mystery and a coherent storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Oh come on, it'd be awesome. Admit it.
i like the idea actually but it would be a very different Hayate.
Old 2010-12-04, 14:56   Link #15
madmac

Quote:
they can do a 3rd season ending with the EotW arc which would bridge over to the Movie with the Greek Island Arc.
Not unless they put in a ton of filler or made a super short season. There's about 30 chapters between Season Two and Eotw, and even if they do every single one of them (they won't) that's only about ten episodes. (On average, it's 3 Chapters/episode.) Eotw is 10 chapters, and even padded out that's 4-5 episodes, tops.

If they did a Season 3 ending with Eotw, it'd be about 13 episodes total.

Quote:
the golden week arc is filled with too much fillers and fluffy. And you can't do a movie base on fluff. the Greek Island arc however has Drama, romance, Mystery and a coherent storyline.
We're talking about the same thing, I think. Golden Week Arc=Mykonos Arc, as far as I'm concerned. Obviously a movie would cut out most of the fluff.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 18:51   Link #16
GlassesLady
dat apple

A season three ending with EotW might work if they re-add some of the fillers they skipped in season two. Or they could put EotW in the middle of the season, probably about where the hot springs arc was in s2.

Also, as suggested on the other thread, the movie might be about the hiking trip, which is pretty much the next thing after the end of s2, and pretty typical as far as HnG's tone and mood goes.

Old 2010-12-04, 23:03   Link #17
mechdra

I believe it will be a retelling of the earlier stories like the beginning of the series. Judging from the trend in anime mobies, it is possible that they do a retelling with better graphics, sounds and art works.

There is one thing I am concern about this movie is the voice cast. Since this movie will be produced by another studio, will there be a possibility of changing the voice actor and actress of the original series to someone else. For example, Tanaka Rie to Itou Kanae as Maria?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:06   Link #18
GDB

I've seen no trend in anime movies that merely retell what's already been done. The trend I've seen was popular, fan favorite stories that had yet to be animated: Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Unlimited Blade Works, etc.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 01:55   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Not unless they put in a ton of filler or made a super short season. There's about 30 chapters between Season Two and Eotw, and even if they do every single one of them (they won't) that's only about ten episodes. (On average, it's 3 Chapters/episode.) Eotw is 10 chapters, and even padded out that's 4-5 episodes, tops.

If they did a Season 3 ending with Eotw, it'd be about 13 episodes total.

We're talking about the same thing, I think. Golden Week Arc=Mykonos Arc, as far as I'm concerned. Obviously a movie would cut out most of the fluff.
when you said golden week i thought you meant the current manga arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I believe it will be a retelling of the earlier stories like the beginning of the series. Judging from the trend in anime mobies, it is possible that they do a retelling with better graphics, sounds and art works.

There is one thing I am concern about this movie is the voice cast. Since this movie will be produced by another studio, will there be a possibility of changing the voice actor and actress of the original series to someone else. For example, Tanaka Rie to Itou Kanae as Maria?
Unless it is a complete remake/restart of a series. voice actor don't get change short of death or retirement.
Old 2010-12-08, 13:44   Link #20
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Great news and finally more Hina-chan moment