AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-21, 17:53   Link #5501
bakato

Emerald's semblance seems to have evolved. It used to take her a lot of focus just to get one person to see what she wanted. Not she made a whole room full of people see an illusion.
Old 2018-01-21, 18:19   Link #5502
DMurphy

For the episode in general, I admit, I do feel somewhat let down. I think the plotlines sort of fizzled out with a whimper rather than going out with a bang.

It's not terrible, however. I didn't come out of it feeling like my time had been wasted, just a little disappointed, and there are definite bright spots in the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Emerald's semblance seems to have evolved. It used to take her a lot of focus just to get one person to see what she wanted. Not she made a whole room full of people see an illusion.
Seems to have evolved very suddenly, at that. In the battle up to this point, she was only using illusions on one person at a time, after all, even though she could have easily swept up the whole fight otherwise.

Maybe Cinder really is dead and Emerald's the new Autumn Maiden.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 18:46   Link #5503
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
She can do multiple people, it's just very difficult. She did two people before. Note how she was unconscious after doing it?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 18:51   Link #5504
RDNexus

I don't know why, but the way you phrased that seems to have accidental double entendre
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 11:27   Link #5505
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so is it the last episode for this season?
I hope next season won't be the last... we are still looking for Summer Maiden and Winter Maiden after all...

There is not much fight in last episode... no RWBY combination fight this season as well
putting that aside, Yang is really doing great job in breaking her mom like that.. finally we could see her feelings (so much that made her re-visit her husband again after a while)

That relic is too big, right? it would be pretty easy to be stolen
letting Adam go means that he would still play something in the plot
I don't have any prediction for Emerald.. there is no way she inherited Autumn Maiden power.. probably just another upgrade of her semblance

The reunion is kinda dry though.. I prefer if Yang could speak more to Blake, but letting Ruby to handle all the talks are pretty mature as well

another months of waiting
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 11:34   Link #5506
RDNexus

Hasn't someone of RT stated that RWBY would go up to 10 seasons or something?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 11:40   Link #5507
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
it's the internet everything is shippable
leo and the stairs.

stairway to heaven.

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 12:46   Link #5508
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Ruby and Oskar?! I didn't even know these two are shippable. Well in rwby majority of "ships" are probably just attempt name even single combination of characters regardless whether they get along or whether they ever seen each other.
The ship has been floating around since Ruby and Oskar met. It doesn't help that Oskar's reaction to talking to her can easily be seen as him having developed a crush.
Old 2018-01-22, 19:49   Link #5509
Twi

Which is going to be awkward given he has Ozpin in his head. Three's a crowd.
Old 2018-01-23, 15:27   Link #5510
shiki343

So I finally actually saw the volume 5 finale, and it was rather disappointing, just like this volume as a whole. Team RWBY is finally together again. Also Yang telling off her mother was satisfying. That’s all the good though. Overall, volume 5 was a big disappointment. I honestly prefer volume 4 over this. Not by much, but I do.

There are some good points. There were a couple really good fights. It looked good. There were some beautiful shots. The opening theme was good, as was the insert song in episode 13 and the ending song. There were some great character interactions. My favorite scenes in the entire volume were the ones where teams RWBY and RNJR were just talking and goofing around in episode 7 and the Weiss and Yang conversation in episode 8.

There was some significant story progression. I guess I can say that’s a positive, even if much of it was unsatisfying. Team RWBY is back together, so now the multi-story format is finally gone (thank God!) and now the story can become more focused again. I was never a fan of the White Fang subplot to begin with, so I’m glad it’s now seemingly wrapped up, even if the resolution was rushed and rather lame. Now we can focus all the attention on the real villains. We finally got to see Jane’s semblance after five volumes of unnecessary hype.

Now for the bad. Other than the Weiss areal battle and Raven vs. Cinder (and I suppose Sun’s brief scuffle with Illia) the fights in this volume were meh at best. They were short-lived and the choreography was unimaginative and really slow compared to past volumes, even volume 4. Blake vs Adam and the White Fang was the worst. It was built-up for volumes and the payoff was lackluster to put it very nicely. We didn’t even get Ruby vs. Cinder, the fight I wanted the most.

The pacing is all over the place. It starts out fast, then slows to a crawl in the middle, but then the final few episodes were insanely rushed. RT could’ve easily trimmed down some of the middle section to make the pacing of the final episodes flow better.

You have piss poor characterizations. Raven was the biggest disappointment. She’s really cool design and combat-wise, but I don’t care for her motivation. We all wanted to know why she abandoned her daughter and everyone else, and the reason is that she’s a coward, and that’s it. Not because of Summer’s death or that Ozpin is super shady, but just because she’s a coward. She got told off by her own 17 year old daughter, multiple times. So sad! Hazel is the same way. He has a cool design and I like his abilities, but his motive is weak. He joins with Salem to get revenge on Ozpin for something he wasn’t directly responsible for? Really?! In the end he did nothing, so it doesn’t matter.

Who the hell is Leo Lionheart?! We don’t know. Why did he defect to Salem? Just because he’s a coward? If that’s the case why would Ozpin even consider putting this clown as headmaster? He’s supposed to be one of Ozpin’s most loyal followers. So why did he defect to Salem now? He’s dead now, so we’ll never know. Between him and Raven, it really makes Ozpin seem like a poor judge of character.

Cinder is now supposedly dead. She could still come back later, but for now it seems like she’s gone. It sucks because she’s the best villain the show easily.

Now finally the worst aspect of the volume, Ruby Rose. I’m already sick of complaining about this, but someone has to. She’s supposed to be the protagonist of the series but she has nothing to do. She’s just there. She had more to do in volume 4. All the other Team RWBY members got their moments to shine, whether it be strong character moments or fun action scenes. All Ruby got was a crappy training session with Oz, which led to nowhere, a lame fight with Emerald, and some tiny moments of her showing leadership at the end. I’m certain RT inserted those moments solely so she doesn’t feel entirely like background decoration. For fans of this character like myself I feel really sorry for you. RT WTF! Get it together.

Hopefully with the core gang back together, the story being more focused, and Blake and Yang’s arcs concluded (for now) there will be more time next volume to dedicate to Ruby as a character. Most likely the focus will be on Weiss with them going to Atlas, but hopefully Ruby will have a significant role as well. Maybe we can have some white rose moments in there to, but that probably won’t happen.

Ruby character development, meeting Weiss’s mom and grandfather, and seeing Penny’s creator are the only things I’m looking forward to in the next volume, because this volume just drained me. Hopefully volume 6 will be much better than this. I’ll see you then.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 17:14   Link #5511
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

And at the end of this dissapointing season... I am left with the same question I've had since the end of season 3: WHERE THE HELL IS NEO!?

Bastards took away my Torchwick... at least let me have my Neo.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 17:49   Link #5512
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiki343 View Post
Who the hell is Leo Lionheart?! We don’t know. Why did he defect to Salem? Just because he’s a coward? If that’s the case why would Ozpin even consider putting this clown as headmaster? He’s supposed to be one of Ozpin’s most loyal followers. So why did he defect to Salem now? He’s dead now, so we’ll never know. Between him and Raven, it really makes Ozpin seem like a poor judge of character.
I remember in episode 1 or 2 of this season a quick statement saying that Leo's family would be harmed if Leo failed to do Salem's dirty work. Am I remembering wrong??

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 18:08   Link #5513
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
And at the end of this dissapointing season... I am left with the same question I've had since the end of season 3: WHERE THE HELL IS NEO!?

^This
Altho I have enjoyed this season despite its rather slow start and some aspects dropping the ball, I was most looking forward to seeing Neo again.
She rapidly became one of the biggest reasons I came to really love rwby and a lack of Neo makes me sad

Hopefully that changes next vol, cause I have to admit out of all the ships in this series YangXNeo is one of my favs
Old 2018-01-23, 18:15   Link #5514
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I remember in episode 1 or 2 of this season a quick statement saying that Leo's family would be harmed if Leo failed to do Salem's dirty work. Am I remembering wrong??
There is no mention of his family. The wikia says that he joined Salem because he lost hope of her ever being defeated.
Old 2018-01-23, 18:15   Link #5515
The 48th Ronin

So next stop is Atlas. Weiss would be sooo happy when she finds out.

Oh, and what's the name of the relic? The Blue Lantern?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 18:18   Link #5516
darkofficer
just a devil

... just realised that cinder was based of Cinderella....

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 19:17   Link #5517
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
There is no mention of his family. The wikia says that he joined Salem because he lost hope of her ever being defeated.
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately, it means that I spent the season misunderstanding his motives.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 01:07   Link #5518
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^The bad writing from Rooster Teeth for this series is really glaring in this Volume.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 15:11   Link #5519
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Considering that Neo was never a major character and doesn't really have a place in the upcoming events, I think you might be left waiting quite a while, if she does appear again at all.
Old 2018-01-24, 16:18   Link #5520
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The ship has been floating around since Ruby and Oskar met. It doesn't help that Oskar's reaction to talking to her can easily be seen as him having developed a crush.
You underestimate shipping power. I saw comics and videos of people dubbing comics for Rose Garden between Volume 4 and 5, before Oskar ever met Ruby. They didn't even need any interaction, just Oskar existing was enough.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby