AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 16:31   Link #281
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Out of curiosity, how well-off are the casters in this game? Or is melee the preferred class of choice?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 18:14   Link #282
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Out of curiosity, how well-off are the casters in this game? Or is melee the preferred class of choice?
Ranged characters have a SIGNIFICANT advantage over melee for most of the game. They level faster and are less dependent on gear. In aerial combat, they pretty much own melee for most of the game. It's only towards the end game when melee classes get better gear that they're able to catch up, and eventually surpass ranged classes because their prowess scales more with gear.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 00:35   Link #283
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I'll definitely pick up this game, I watched a few gameplay videoes on youtube and I have to say I'm impressed.

I usually like ranged characters more than melee combat characters. mainly for the fact that I hate pot guzzling which most melee classes usually do. I really hate the fact that most games have such a huge difference between ranged and melee. Hopefully this game won't be too different even though they have a hard time catching up.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 01:20   Link #284
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I see... How well is a Templar in PvP? Is he able to do some damage or is he in the typical 'don't even try it' tank seat?
Old 2009-12-02, 03:10   Link #285
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
I see... How well is a Templar in PvP? Is he able to do some damage or is he in the typical 'don't even try it' tank seat?
Templars are pretty bad at solo PvP ganking. Other classes will have a hard time ganking you, but you'll also find it very hard to stop people from running away. However, if any other melee class decides to stick around and fight it out, they'll usually find themselves on the losing side of the battle.

End game templars with decked out gear can kill mages/rangers pretty easily though, but Clerics will pretty much be the bane of your existence.
Old 2009-12-02, 05:49   Link #286
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*scribble scribble* Final question: DP moves, how many does each class have?
Old 2009-12-02, 15:23   Link #287
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
*scribble scribble* Final question: DP moves, how many does each class have?
4 I believe. You get your first at like level 10, which costs 2K DP and has a really low cooldown. You then get a 3K DP one at around level 25ish that has a longer cooldown. You then get a 4K DP one at 40 and another 4K DP at 50. One of them has a really long cooldown (1 hour) and the other has a much lower cooldown (15 minutes or so), but it's different for different classes.

Oh yeah, cute new SM:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2009-12-02 at 19:55.
Old 2009-12-07, 13:09   Link #288
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, I've swayed and bought Aion a few days back, and am now the happy owner of a proud level 16 warrior. I must say I enjoy the game tremendously so far, a real breath of fresh air after all those years playing WoW, interesting combat system, a intriguing story, and of course the wings.

One annoyance persists though, whenever I disconnects the game shuts down and throw up the main page of the website. Is there an option to turn this off?
Old 2009-12-07, 14:32   Link #289
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
4 I believe. You get your first at like level 10, which costs 2K DP and has a really low cooldown. You then get a 3K DP one at around level 25ish that has a longer cooldown. You then get a 4K DP one at 40 and another 4K DP at 50. One of them has a really long cooldown (1 hour) and the other has a much lower cooldown (15 minutes or so), but it's different for different classes.

Oh yeah, cute new SM:

Spoiler:
You brought a loli into battle? Don't you have heart? D:

Edit: Maybe your Daevas actually in the same generation with Leah.... But still it's no excuse
Old 2009-12-07, 18:46   Link #290
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I guess my journey's over for now. It's been weeks since I last had the urge to play.
I'm stuck at Level 34, which is a shame since I've had quite a bit of luck. On my last session my daevanion gloves dropped while questing in the Abyss, and I got Kromede's Serated Knife on my first FT run (which is ridiculously lucky) but still it seems I just can't motivate myself to play.

The grind is everywhere. I hear it really starts at 37/38 but I've already had to grind several bubbles each level after 30 or so. The clunky melee combat (Sin here) certainly doesn't help.
The strange part is I don't really hate grinding. I played a grinder for two years, and grinding mobs was all you could do. There were no quests. But at least you could literally plow through mobs for hours with no downtime since you had a near endless amount of potions without cooldown thus the grind was bearable. Hell, as a Hunter in WoW you didn't even need potions!

In Aion I'm resting after every third mob or so and I lack the Kinah to buy a good amount of (horribly overpriced) potions. Guess I'm just not used to downtimes.

I hope the XP patch fixes the leveling issues in the 30-50 regions, though that's probably still many months away and even then I'm not sure if I'll play again, I hear and read the endgame is nonexistent.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:35   Link #291
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
I guess my journey's over for now. It's been weeks since I last had the urge to play.
I'm stuck at Level 34, which is a shame since I've had quite a bit of luck. On my last session my daevanion gloves dropped while questing in the Abyss, and I got Kromede's Serated Knife on my first FT run (which is ridiculously lucky) but still it seems I just can't motivate myself to play.

The grind is everywhere. I hear it really starts at 37/38 but I've already had to grind several bubbles each level after 30 or so. The clunky melee combat (Sin here) certainly doesn't help.
The strange part is I don't really hate grinding. I played a grinder for two years, and grinding mobs was all you could do. There were no quests. But at least you could literally plow through mobs for hours with no downtime since you had a near endless amount of potions without cooldown thus the grind was bearable. Hell, as a Hunter in WoW you didn't even need potions!

In Aion I'm resting after every third mob or so and I lack the Kinah to buy a good amount of (horribly overpriced) potions. Guess I'm just not used to downtimes.

I hope the XP patch fixes the leveling issues in the 30-50 regions, though that's probably still many months away and even then I'm not sure if I'll play again, I hear and read the endgame is nonexistent.
You got a Kromede's Serated Knife and you can't be motivated enough to get to 35? I bet many assassin will still use it even by the time they hit 50 (as off hand perhaps)

My guess is: you played exp grinding game so much that you expected the same from Aion... I personally like items from quest, so the grinding actually did not kick in after 43 or 44 (well for your case, if you have the same set of mind, you probably won't have to grind for exp until 50..... lucky assassin).

From 34 onward, you have Kaidan HQ to farm Kaidan molar (for selling or exchange for your blue armour set, include the speed boot). Can continue like that up to 41 if you want the whole amour set or switch to Lepharis Citadel at 37 to farm for the near-end-game assessory ( 90% of lvl 50 populations till use them by my guess...). When you are high enough (around 43) you can start to join SteelRake party for all the set items from there.

As assassin with such early advantage ( Kromede's Serated Knife), you are much easier to get into a group than us gladiator because the damn templar (often the group leader) don't want us (they have to share items with us)

PS: and all the quests now give huge boost into exp as well...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-12-08 at 08:53.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 18:56   Link #292
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Well, I've swayed and bought Aion a few days back, and am now the happy owner of a proud level 16 warrior. I must say I enjoy the game tremendously so far, a real breath of fresh air after all those years playing WoW, interesting combat system, a intriguing story, and of course the wings.

One annoyance persists though, whenever I disconnects the game shuts down and throw up the main page of the website. Is there an option to turn this off?
You can turn the website pop up off, it's in the 1st page of options, but the game will always shut down after a d/c.
Old 2009-12-10, 08:44   Link #293
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Blah, it's an annoying feature. Especially since disconnects come with MMO's as a guarantee.

Oh well, the new patch is out, have the higher levelled among us noticed a difference in the XP flow from quests?
Old 2009-12-10, 23:40   Link #294
problemedchild
ô_ô

A lot of repeatables are worth doing now. Hit 50 long before the patch though, so I can't tell you what other quests are worth doing. That and the fact I hate quest grinding......
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:05   Link #295
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this game keeps making me think its WoW for girls and certain kind of straight guys >_>
Old 2009-12-11, 02:46   Link #296
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Really? Because the usual bikini-plate armor doesn't quite enforce that image for me.
Old 2009-12-11, 12:02   Link #297
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you mean the Aion armor or WoW's armor?

any game with a "Bust Slider" is gonna attract perverts
Old 2009-12-19, 08:05   Link #298
problemedchild
ô_ô

Crafting Hot Heart of Magic sucks.... That is all

0/2 with a complete failure! Go me!
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 08:28   Link #299
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

My brother play this game .
The most dissapointed thing in this game :

- Take year to lvl up after lv 30 ... They believe that we are like Korean ... i mean , 10 days no stop to lvl up huh ... after 20 days , then 1 month ...

- Take the castle , no way that you can take a castle .... 20 , 30 , 40 etc ... players per faction Impossible to enter the mini-gate ... and if they are too many people , game crash ...
They Fail .

And there are more inconvenience ..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 23:02   Link #300
Atmospheric
Dango Time~

Picking this game up for christmas, as well as Dragon Age: Origins. Hopefully they'll keep me busy for a bit.

I'm pretty used to grinding, so I don't think I'll find that a problem. And the PvP looks kind of fun, at least from the sorcerers p.o.v video that I watched on youtube. I'll probably end up as some time of rangers, either ranger or sorc most likely.

Dropped WoW awhile ago (when ony came out, 3.2.2 I think? blah) and have had nothing to play since. Looking forward to it!
Atmospheric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows