AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-10-11, 08:33   Link #46741
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*Points to asspull draft*

It's more like event horizon, most of the time they'll stay calm and get around it (thanks to discipline and patience they got from martial arts training). But pass a certain threshold of despair and WAAAAAAAGH!!! will definitely ensue
Old 2013-10-11, 08:44   Link #46742
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Tch... Of course I do.

*Fullmetal and Strike Witches vibe*

And this remind me about Kamen Rider Wizard.

Oh, and have you guys face this problem: So many people demand to see an OC male pilot in your fic. That make me remember Strato and when people complain to him about the lack of CC.
And we shut them down COMPLETELY. (if they were asking me)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 08:45   Link #46743
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

*Imagine the two crossdressing*

- My wife, you look stunning! (Heart in...uh...patch?)

- HMHMGAGMPAGMG! (Let me out from this!)
gpjagmpagmgjpa! (I'm Ickkun)

- No time to wait! The Commander is waiting! (Carry Ickkun bridal style to Clarissa)

*PANG!*

- Who are you? Who dare to interrupt our Divine Union?

- I'm! The ally of Justice, Innocent and Maiden - Kamen Tuxedo! Come and let settle this with our blades!

- Gladly!

... And CUT! President, what do you think of this?

- Pefect for the Valentine Festival. Oh, and Ickkun, the dress look good on you!

- GMGAPTDGMTJPAJGMPA! (LET ME OUTTT!!!)
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 16:56   Link #46744
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

My goodness, Tatenashi has INFECTED everyone...! ... Even more so, I can see how she is a Mary Stu character... and also kinda why Ichika thinks she is so far beyond him...

This is what separates Ichi-boya from us - at least half of us would think of trying to get with Tatenashi as a goal to work at. Sure, she is on the mountain peak but jagged cliffs be damned if we won't try to climb it. Or at least, that would be me, especially if I saw her as a pedestal for me to jump off in order to try and get to Orimura-sensei.

And another thing - for some 'group participation', why don't we have weekly/bi-weekly ficclet challenges - just for our benefit. This way, those who really want to write, but can't really find inspiration on their own, or are too lazy to keep to one topic for long (raises hand) can keep honing their skills. Almost like an IS Fanfiction Workshop...

In truth, it will be no different from what I, Zero, Blitz, and Miner already do - writing out small sketches/scenes - but for this, it will be more 'organized'. This is NOT for those who want to work on making an epic out of a certain topic, these are to function like plastic plates, use it and then throw it away, or at least let it go. These are primarily to function as one-shots so don't plan on linking all of these shorts together. You can if you want to but this is for helping build spontaneous creativity over a variety of subjects/circumstances. Think of it like Tatenashi-style IS training, if it will help. You can focus just on one character unless otherwise stated by the criteria for the next fic challenge. Some of the criteria will be better suited to one character rather than others so don't force it too much. As an example: from what we've seen and know of her, Tatenashi does NOT have self-esteem issues so doing an emo piece about her measuring up to Orimura-sensei is a 'no-go'. She is already well aware of her own strengths and is not trying to become Orimura-sensei in the slightest.

And for those who want a lil more recognition , we can vote on the best ficclets of the week(s) and post them to FF.NET on one of our existing accounts or we can make an account for the group. 'Story by: AS Brigade' or something...

Again, this is mostly geared towards 'practice'. 'Practice makes perfect' right? Be open to critique - silly or serious. I'll be using TvTropes as an alternate source for examples of literary devices to use (or not to use) to help increase the quality of everyone's writing.

So, what does everything think? Is it worth a shot?

(Amazing what sleep and energy drinks can do for you)
Old 2013-10-11, 17:11   Link #46745
DarkJak2050

Ever taken a 5 Hour Energy, Tempest?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 17:33   Link #46746
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I've taken 2 of them at once when I was out in the field doing combat ops. Nearly killed a guy... Not with bullets; he snuck up behind me and I eagle clawed his throat on impulse. So I try to minimize those things, especially when good food is hard to come by. 5 Hours and MRE's do NOT mix.
Old 2013-10-11, 17:39   Link #46747
DarkJak2050

I've been getting ideas, but they're for a oneshot.

Got them from this slump I'm in...

I'd post them, but right now I have a World Cup Qualifying game to watch (USA vs Jamaica).
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 18:52   Link #46748
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Tempest
Let's go with that, keeping the brain fresh instead of letting ideas piling inside and rotting

About Tatenashi, she's smart, and I like her as leader figure of some sort. My problem is the way she done it and the way other character reacted, it's like the author slapped a label screaming "Look at me, I'm super awesome! More awesome than the main girls combined". As for why people like her, they like how how personality is refreshing compared to say, the harem. Basically similar to the Charlotte hype in the first season, if not more.

I like the version of her in of Volume 7 where she know JACK SHIT about her sister and constantly mess up whenever she had a 'plan' she want to shove in without other people's consent, but succeed in reaching Kanzashi because she decided not to give up.

@ Jak
Post it whenever you feel
Old 2013-10-11, 18:56   Link #46749
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
My goodness, Tatenashi has INFECTED everyone...! ... Even more so, I can see how she is a Mary Stu character... and also kinda why Ichika thinks she is so far beyond him...

This is what separates Ichi-boya from us - at least half of us would think of trying to get with Tatenashi as a goal to work at. Sure, she is on the mountain peak but jagged cliffs be damned if we won't try to climb it. Or at least, that would be me, especially if I saw her as a pedestal for me to jump off in order to try and get to Orimura-sensei.

And another thing - for some 'group participation', why don't we have weekly/bi-weekly ficclet challenges - just for our benefit. This way, those who really want to write, but can't really find inspiration on their own, or are too lazy to keep to one topic for long (raises hand) can keep honing their skills. Almost like an IS Fanfiction Workshop...

In truth, it will be no different from what I, Zero, Blitz, and Miner already do - writing out small sketches/scenes - but for this, it will be more 'organized'. This is NOT for those who want to work on making an epic out of a certain topic, these are to function like plastic plates, use it and then throw it away, or at least let it go. These are primarily to function as one-shots so don't plan on linking all of these shorts together. You can if you want to but this is for helping build spontaneous creativity over a variety of subjects/circumstances. Think of it like Tatenashi-style IS training, if it will help. You can focus just on one character unless otherwise stated by the criteria for the next fic challenge. Some of the criteria will be better suited to one character rather than others so don't force it too much. As an example: from what we've seen and know of her, Tatenashi does NOT have self-esteem issues so doing an emo piece about her measuring up to Orimura-sensei is a 'no-go'. She is already well aware of her own strengths and is not trying to become Orimura-sensei in the slightest.

And for those who want a lil more recognition , we can vote on the best ficclets of the week(s) and post them to FF.NET on one of our existing accounts or we can make an account for the group. 'Story by: AS Brigade' or something...

Again, this is mostly geared towards 'practice'. 'Practice makes perfect' right? Be open to critique - silly or serious. I'll be using TvTropes as an alternate source for examples of literary devices to use (or not to use) to help increase the quality of everyone's writing.

So, what does everything think? Is it worth a shot?

(Amazing what sleep and energy drinks can do for you)
Great idea, but should I say I wrote most of my post on mobile?

Nah, but just do it! You have my full support!
Old 2013-10-11, 20:04   Link #46750
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Criteria Outline (rough)

Character(s): [This is self-explanatory. Once in a while, we'll limit it to one or two characters but for the most part it will say 'Any' for any and all characters you wish to write about. While we do have our preferences, this is also to help force us to portray the other characters, or more specifically, get used to portraying other voices other than our favorite. It's nice to spend time on the MC but if the foil and/or antagonist is 1 Dimensional, so to will your MC.]

Theme/Genre: [This may or may not stay, depending on feedback. Like FF.NET, this is more to denote if it is a happy or dark theme. The theme could probably be inferred from the keyword or phrase so, depending on you guys, this will stay or get axed.]

Keyword/Phrase: [Probably the most important part. This gives the focus and general direction of the fic. This is how *you* interpret the word/phrase given and write about it. We'll try to keep it away from things like a catch phrase that a certain character is known for unless otherwise stated. The words can be specific or ambiguous: take 'book' and 'IS Manual for Advanced Aerial Manuvers' for example. Be warned, the more specific you are on this, chances are the more silly I'll be in my writing of it. ]

Length: [This will usually be marked as 'Any' but we'll try to keep it between 50 - 1,000 words. Again, we're going for quality, not quantity. With that in mind, we'll work on descriptive narratives alot too. We are writing so that someone else can envision the scene as we see it in our heads.]

~*~

So that's my criteria list - if you got something to add or take away, by all means.
Old 2013-10-11, 20:14   Link #46751
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

But who will be the judge? Better someone who rarely write snippet like Eratas.

Also, maybe we should establish an account on FF. I actually have encountered another group that writes IS: Our Guild. And they do it pretty good. Heck, maybe with the common account, we could finally built a saga of our own!

P/s: Knowing everyone, the line-up would probally like this:

- Zero: Icchan.

- Blizt: Madoka.

- Tempest: Chifuyu.

- Me: Houki.
Old 2013-10-11, 20:41   Link #46752
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

No no, this isn't an RP...

The 'judging' isn't designed to 'grade' our fics - that's why I don't have it setup like that. You submit your work for judging to go up on FF.NET only if you want to and even then, it's by popular vote. All the other ficclets won't be judged at all, just commented on.
Old 2013-10-11, 20:55   Link #46753
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ah, so it's. And the first theme?

Probally "Grabbing your favorite girl and write about her".
Old 2013-10-11, 21:05   Link #46754
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Trial Challenge

Character(s): Any

Theme: Halloween

Keyword: Trick or Treat

Length: Under 500 words.

Comments: After Monday, this trial challenge is complete. Get your feet wet and remember, you can do no wrong - be creative! Annnd GOO!
Old 2013-10-11, 21:24   Link #46755
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, Kouki Uchiyama (Ichika's VA) can't sing worth the penny by himself

But he's awesome back vocal
Old 2013-10-11, 21:55   Link #46756
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Unrelated to the challenge.

Spoiler for Big fucking damn heroes:

I know jack shit about haloween, let's see if google can help somehow.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:17   Link #46757
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Here goes!

"
- Where is that idiot! He is late! - Said a frustrated Rin. She is wearing a weird costume, too: A fox outfit, complete with ears and waving tail. And not just her, everyone is in weird outfits too. While it's Halloween, it's clear that all of their purpose is to impress a certain clueless guy...

-It's such un-gentleman of Ichika, making a lady waiting like this! - Irritated Cecilia responded. Covering her majestic body is a princess dress in its truelest meaning, with golden thread and diamond buttons

- How about we go to Ichika-kun's room and find out for ourself - Tatenashi suggested. Every girls follow her after that.

- What happen to you, Ichika? - Asked Houki, her face beet red because of the state Ichika is in, and shyness for letting him see her like this: In a Sailor Mars outfit no less!

- (Cough) Just a common cold. Don't worry! (Cough) But it looks like that I won't be able to join you this night. - Yes, his shivering body and pale face has said enough. Worriness clouded everyone face until Tatenashi decided to break the ice.

-Hmm... How about we make Halloween right inside your room, Ichika-kun!

- ...Not a bad idea at all! But what about the other students? Don't you have a festival to attend to?

- The rest of the Council could handle the events themself. And beside, it's a president job to let no one behind... Honne! Bring in the Equalizer!

(After a lot of Karaoke, chocolate, candles and red wine)

- Now for the (Hiccup) Trick or... TREAT! The prize is... ICHIKA-KUN'S LIPS! - Yup! Drunken Tatenashi=Nuclear Explosion+Marijuana.

(Silence)

- ME FIRST! Lie on me a gentle kiss, will you!

- NO, ME! I'm his childhood friend!

- NOT YET! I've known him longer than you!

- Ichika... Please don't play favorite... But if it's me, then...

- Isn't a wife duty is to kiss her husband duty!

- ... (Drolling Kanzashiki)

- LET ME OUT! SAVE ME, CHIFUYU-SAMA!... NOT THAT TOO!

~Lolipop!~

- I wonder whether would Ichika like this? - Said Chifuyu in front of mirror, clad in Bunny outfit - (Shiver) Why am I having the feeling of him being violated? (Dark flame flared) Tch, these pesky girls... They never learned NOT to touch my "Toy"... Look like Satan is going to have his treat tonight.

"

Next time, make it 1000 words, will you!

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-10-11 at 22:27.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:18   Link #46758
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't know whether I should laugh or not

I can't even differentiate the characters, you need to write that properly if you want it to pass.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:35   Link #46759
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

But have you guy forgot that I'm writing this on a phone?

Will surely to fix this, though.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:51   Link #46760
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of course I did

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest