AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-09-07, 15:11   Link #221
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
That;s my translation as well...what 'episode" though? I am aware that Chapter 74 gets published by November 2.
Most likely the next side story - I don't know how to say it, they are basically saying the next Claymore whatever is being published on that date. I believe the author signed some sort of contract to give the publisher something Claymore at whatever period they agree to, and since others have claimed that the next chapter of the main story will appear in November, then this October one would most likely be another side story.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 15:36   Link #222
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by edf91 View Post
Most likely the next side story - I don't know how to say it, they are basically saying the next Claymore whatever is being published on that date. I believe the author signed some sort of contract to give the publisher something Claymore at whatever period they agree to, and since others have claimed that the next chapter of the main story will appear in November, then this October one would most likely be another side story.
I suspected as well...
Old 2007-09-09, 19:25   Link #223
ItsMagicBaby

I have a few as well
1) Don't you think some of claymore resembles bleach in a way, the idea of numbers and the top 5, is the same as the espada, and also everyone below that number must listen to there command, also like bleach.

2) Do you think there will be a continuation of this series through another, for example how Naruto continued through Naruto:Shippuden.

3) Does anyone recommend another anime like this? Im trying to find a new one after this ends, The three I watch are Naruto, Bleach, and this, does anyone recommend a anime that fits these that I stated or is like them.

Thank you
ItsMagicBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 00:25   Link #224
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMagicBaby View Post
I have a few as well
1) Don't you think some of claymore resembles bleach in a way, the idea of numbers and the top 5, is the same as the espada, and also everyone below that number must listen to there command, also like bleach.

2) Do you think there will be a continuation of this series through another, for example how Naruto continued through Naruto:Shippuden.

3) Does anyone recommend another anime like this? Im trying to find a new one after this ends, The three I watch are Naruto, Bleach, and this, does anyone recommend a anime that fits these that I stated or is like them.

Thank you
1> Yes, Claymore is basically "Shounen" anime with a female lead. Clare is an adolescent (metaphorically speaking), who through sheer perseverance and courage, discovers her hidden potential (i.e. Naruto's inner Fox Demon and Ichigo's phenomenal "spiritual presence"). It's a coming of age story. Clare's a young woman trying to make it in the competitive field of demon-salying. Also, magical martial arts involving "chi" (or spiritual energy and Yoki, if you would) showcasing a bunch of special techniques is prevalent.

2> I can't say for sure. Somebody else who actually follows this sort of thing may be better equipped to answer your question. I know Madhouse has completely finished Monster in some odd ~70 episodes and insisted on staying true to the source- the manga. However, I believe Claymore is still an ongoing work-in-progress and that's probably why they didn't do a long adaptation marathon.

3> Hmm. . .magical shounen martial arts anime?

Full Metal Alchemist might be up your alley, though it's not entirely conventional "Shounen" anime. It does involve a kind of "specialized magic technique" in the form of military alchemists and has the same sort of pulpy martial arts fighting sequences. Alchemy is basically magic with a scientific flavor really. On the other hand, growing up is a much crueler process for our protagonists and willpower and determination sometimes aren't enough. It also has an involved plot involving a quest for knowledge -- as a kind of spiritual journey. And it's not the kind of journey that always turns out nicely either, as you'll see a lot of other adults and children get swept away by men in the pursuit of knowledge.

Yu Yu Hakisho also springs to mind. Deals very heavily with the spirit world and martial arts action. But I hear that very quickly turns into DBZ. Yes, Dragon Ball Z, follows the same formula, though it's generally regarded to be a horrible anime.

Ruroni Kenshi is about a pacifistic ex-super-badass-samurai-dude in a Mejii Restoration Japan. That is, the warrior-caste was kicked out of power and a lot of them are still pissed off about it. So you get a bunch of thuggish killers and a few heroes trying to bring peace and love to the world. A bit dated and probably harder to find because of it. I don't think there is so much magic in it as there are just wonky fighting styles. (The hero fights with a reversed-katana with the *other* edge sharpened. Basically it reflects his pacifism.)

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-09-10 at 00:56.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 16:34   Link #225
ItsMagicBaby

Thanks twisted, but I think ill stick to the three right now, but I did found out that the claymore magna is in fact ongoing, so theres a very good chance of a second season, for those who were wondering also.

Last edited by ItsMagicBaby; 2007-09-10 at 16:34. Reason: spelling mistake
ItsMagicBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 21:13   Link #226
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Thanks twisted, but I think ill stick to the three right now, but I did found out that the claymore magna is in fact ongoing, so theres a very good chance of a second season, for those who were wondering also.
Well, yes, I more or less *knew* that. My point was that Monster probably got full treatment because it was completed, whereas Claymore wasn't finished yet.

And there's also probably the fact that Madhouse might have liked Monster more, since it really seems to suit their strengths more. They don't seem very good at adapting action manga.

So basically, nothing is guaranteed about a second season of Claymore. Berserk is an excellent excellent manga, but it only got one season animated. It's also not the first anime to end before the manga's completion because a studio ran out of content, budget or just moved onto newer projects.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 23:07   Link #227
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

What WAS Raphaela's #
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2007-09-11, 23:20   Link #228
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I think she is no 2 while her sister is no 1.
Old 2007-09-12, 03:25   Link #229
BrokenWingz

Quote:
I have a few as well
To be exact it's bleach that resembles claymore in that term, since the slasher arc was around 4 years ago, how Miria points out that the top 5 are in a different league as opposed to bleach and the espada which was 2 years ago or so I assume.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 01:49   Link #230
jedinat

Is it just me or is this anime really dark (as in hard to see what is going on)? My monitor is kind of messed up, so everything is naturally dark, but with Constant Brightness I don't have too much problems. I tried tried giving Claymore another chance (dropped it after the first couple episodes) and I can hardly see anything during the indoor/night fight scenes. I can turn up the brightness/contrast overlay settings but then any other anime I'm watching and even just the daytime scenes in Claymore look like washed out crap.

Well, I'm not all that desperate to watch it anyways, I was just curious as to how dark it was on everyone else's comps.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 14:27   Link #231
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Not too dark, just a couple scenes in caves/cathedral etc which are meant to be.

DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 06:47   Link #232
X_Danny_X

Spoiler for that kiss:

also who is the strongest Claymore of all time?
Spoiler:

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2007-09-19 at 07:09.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 12:05   Link #233
Icephere
Claymore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post

also who is the strongest Claymore of all time?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-Also I have a question about Abyssal beings. Do they crave for human guts like yoma do or do they have control among themselves?
Icephere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 12:15   Link #234
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icephere View Post
Spoiler:

-Also I have a question about Abyssal beings. Do they crave for human guts like yoma do or do they have control among themselves?
Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 12:38   Link #235
X_Danny_X

what about my other question,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-19, 12:44   Link #236
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 18:13   Link #237
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icephere View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 03:30   Link #238
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Spoiler:
I would say it is an eros love.
Old 2007-09-21, 19:47   Link #239
defrule

Something doesn't feel right with the Claymore organisation, anyone else getting the same impression?
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 23:25   Link #240
GundamZZ
残念美人

Then, you should play Princess Maker(or Sliver Eyed Maker). Rubel is like those little girls' father figure.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a