AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-14, 09:48   Link #1441
luckyovermind
hungry~

AND devil on G string is rescheduled for next year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
Back to topic, played demo of Garden recently, and as feared there are no voices in the game and there's again oldstyle text over picture interface, bleh.
Sounds like another suigetsu to me.
Old 2007-10-14, 12:47   Link #1442
Garet Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
That game won't be out this year as P-A is saying, and it's actually cross between card game and VN. Also definately not one of the most popular ero-games of last year...of the best ones. Your better option is Ever17, or Yume Miru Kusuri if you don't mind ero. Or if you liked F/SN that much, start with Tsukihime then, english patch is available.
Well, it says Q4, but yeah, I know it hasn't been released yet. Thanks for your other suggestions. I've seen the Ever17 topic here, too, and I'll probably get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Princess Waltz has been out since last year (forgot when exactly I completed it...) The card battle system is shallow, but decent enough for a bit of tactics. Scenario is linear with only one main route, but it is very good from beginning to end. The best part of this game is the intense combat scenes and stylized CGs, it's some of the best in the industry.

If you like action oriented games, this one is on the top of the list along with Ayakashi, Bullet Butlers, and Gekkou no Carnavale.
That sounds pretty good, then, thanks. It looks like those others are Japanese-only, but I'll keep them in mind for the future.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 17:31   Link #1443
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
I've lost all faith in F&C after playing Hoshiful (#^ω^) ピキピキ... 
I have yet to play a good FC game in the last two years.
A slight amendment: Looks like it's (Thirua Panic) being done by Cocktail Soft, which from some research here is a subsidiary of F&C. I thought it was kinda weird a single company would be working on and releasing two games at one within one month of each other.
Old 2007-10-14, 17:58   Link #1444
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Alice Parade was disappointing and so was Hoshiful, form what I heard. Coupled with Oaruji no Tame being recalled...;___;
I'm playing Arukane now and it's only when I heard about the recall did I actually notice the risky mosaics. Sad nonetheless since it's a great game with a wickedly funny story.

The fall releases so far have been a mixed bag. Games I thought would be lackluster turned out to be the the exact opposite (Sugar+Spice, Arukane, Zettai Shiawase Sengen!), and games that I was highly anticipating (Hoshiful, Alice Parade, Haruruko no Jijou) came with huge disappointments. Alice Parade especially, while a good game, didn't live up to the level of expectation one would have after playing Nanatsuiro Drops.

My biggest gripe is that Unisonshift could have done so much more in the story with the unique setting and character designs (<3 the art), but instead settled for a lighthearted comedy with ero sprinkled in between. It's the missing potential that really picks at me every time I continue the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Ah well.

Seems like the only game I'll be looking forward to would be ToHeart2 Another Days.
A PV has been released for it... it's nostalgic to see Tama-nee and Konomi again...
Lol @ Marian taking the panty shot ^^; Priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
A slight amendment: Looks like it's (Thirua Panic) being done by Cocktail Soft, which from some research here is a subsidiary of F&C. I thought it was kinda weird a single company would be working on and releasing two games at one within one month of each other.
Ah, that definitely changes a few things. The scenario writer for Thirua Panic is the same as Pia Carrot e Youkoso and Aikagi, both of which were decent games storywise.

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-10-14 at 18:20.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 19:05   Link #1445
Archmagination2002

In Yin-Yang! X-Change Alternative I have been trying to get the Yui Nanaumi path as a Male, but I can't seem to get it. The closest I can get is the Male Kyoka Saionji ending, but that is not satisfying to me. Is there anyway to get a Male ending with Yui Nanaumi?

Last edited by Archmagination2002; 2007-10-14 at 22:37.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 20:31   Link #1446
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
I've lost all faith in F&C after playing Hoshiful (#^ω^) ピキピキ... 
I have yet to play a good FC game in the last two years.
Canvas 2 DVD Edition says hi.

I'm enjoying Hoshiful so far, but perhaps I'm in the minority.
Old 2007-10-14, 21:14   Link #1447
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Kana Imouto is probably the only eroge i really liked. Hated the ending though... not cause of Kana's death, but because of Taka's determination to start over again and loving another woman.
P.S.: i love how they formated the way you read, from up to down, so it focuses more on the novel.

Most Hated: Hitomi stepsister- it scary to play it, I stopped playing it after 1 hour. The darkness and dillusions of a human heart and how it can be distorted. Not a very good topic for an eroge game.

Crescendo was decent and fun cause of its light-touch, but nothing worthwhile.
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:22   Link #1448
Xervial

Smile

Hello people, I'm new to this type of game and I'd like to try something in the same vein as Saya No Uta. You know, something that's morbidly, horrifically depressing with a touch of horror if possible. I've heard good things about Anima Mundi, but the censorship seems a bit aggravating, whatever.

And yes, I know I'm a strange one when it comes to my tastes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
Most Hated: Hitomi stepsister- it scary to play it, I stopped playing it after 1 hour. The darkness and dillusions of a human heart and how it can be distorted. Not a very good topic for an eroge game.
Ironically, that got me very interested.
Xervial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:31   Link #1449
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xervial View Post
And yes, I know I'm a strange one when it comes to my tastes...

Ironically, that got me very interested.
People differ from each other. Besides, i think most people that played hitomi enjoyed it. I probably didnt like it because 1. i am not playing eroge games to c the pictures, kept on trying others because my first eroge was kana imouto, 2. i believe in chastity a great deal, 3. i am not easily moved or fascinated by the beauty of another or something( cold-hearted?), i do not show my emotions.
So... all in all, i am probably the one thats strange.....
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 01:35   Link #1450
Thingle
Banned

Sorry to be antique, but Crescendo is still my favorite game.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 02:06   Link #1451
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Geh. Ignore the thread for a few days, and that's when everyone starts posting. ._.;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Alice Parade was disappointing and so was Hoshiful, form what I heard. Coupled with Oaruji no Tame being recalled...

;___;

Really? A shame, that... I was interested in Hoshiful but I guess the impression I got from the demo was right after all. :<

I liked the art a lot too...

Also, sadness for Alice Parade. I was really hoping for another game as good as Nanatsuiro Drops. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Ah well.

Seems like the only game I'll be looking forward to would be ToHeart2 Another Days.
A PV has been released for it... it's nostalgic to see Tama-nee and Konomi again...
Earned a preorder from me for that alone, that it did. o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
AND devil on G string is rescheduled for next year....

Sounds like another suigetsu to me.
Geh. I was looking into that one too. >_<

Suigetsu gets a rerelease but still no voice... all the other disappointments lately... damn it all.

Hopefully, Tsunagaru Bangle and Bokusada will both be good, seeing as how they're my picks for this month. :/

Quote:
I'm playing Arukane now and it's only when I heard about the recall did I actually notice the risky mosaics. Sad nonetheless since it's a great game with a wickedly funny story.

The fall releases so far have been a mixed bag. Games I thought would be lackluster turned out to be the the exact opposite (Sugar+Spice, Arukane, Zettai Shiawase Sengen!), and games that I was highly anticipating (Hoshiful, Alice Parade, Haruruko no Jijou) came with huge disappointments.

Nice to hear that Zettai Shiawase Sengen! was good. I haven't gotten around to playing it on my queue but that makes me look forward to it even more. o/

...maybe that'll give me the initiative to actually go through all these games... gaah.
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 03:06   Link #1452
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Kana Imouto is probably the only eroge i really liked. Hated the ending though... not cause of Kana's death, but because of Taka's determination to start over again and loving another woman.
P.S.: i love how they formated the way you read, from up to down, so it focuses more on the novel.
Then keep an eye out for the "the family project". It's written by the same author and the english version is due out early next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xervial View Post
Hello people, I'm new to this type of game and I'd like to try something in the same vein as Saya No Uta.
You know the language? Then there's tons for you to play. Just start with every game from nitroplus
Old 2007-10-15, 09:48   Link #1453
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Heh, I'm also looking for Nitro+ recs. Is everything they've done worth seriously worth it? That would be quite impressive.

I just started Jingai Makyou, and I totally love it so far. The hero's personality makes even the school scenes funny & fascinating. I'm thinking of going for Gekkou no Carnevale or Demonbane next (is there more than one Demonbane game?). Hanachirasu also looks interesting...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 10:06   Link #1454
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
There are two actual Demonbane games.

The first is "Zanmataisei Demonbane," for the PC. It was ported to the PS2 as "Kishinhoukou Demonbane," with added voice and an improved battle system from what I've been told. Apparently, the budget version of Kishinhoukou is the one to get, since there's even more added voice and fixed things. A friend of mine keeps yelling at me to buy it...

There's also a sequel, "Kishinhoukou Demonbane," which is for the PC. Apparently, it's an all-ages game.

So to put it short, grab the PS2 budget Kishinhoukou and then Kishinhishou if you want to play the best ones. The only one with H is Zanmataisei though, so keep that in mind if you want to see some sweet Al Azif lovin'.
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:21   Link #1455
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
Canvas 2 DVD Edition says hi.
Canvas 2 DVD was such a hack job ^^; Any true fan of Tomoko from the anime adaptation can attest that they literally butchered her character from beginning to end with the horrible VA they used. While it's inevitable that they can't get the anime VA in the game (with it being a eroge and her a anime-contracted VA), they could at least get someone with experience. Mami's route was somewhat better (and more accurate), still though there wasn't enough value in the new edition to warrant a full purchase price.

Quote:
I'm enjoying Hoshiful so far, but perhaps I'm in the minority.
The keyword is so far...

Wait until you play Futaba's and Kotone's route in Hoshiful. It won't be long till you stop and curse at 'his' very existence in the game and scream "what in the hell were you thinking!" to the scenario writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Heh, I'm also looking for Nitro+ recs. Is everything they've done worth seriously worth it? That would be quite impressive.
Not all their games are great since some of them are genre specific and definitely not for everyone. For example, their last game Zoku Satsuriku no Jango, while great in story and very entertaining, is much more hardcore than your normal eroge.

Nonetheless, Nitroplus are very consistent with putting out A+ material. Along with Demonbane, I recommend Angelos Armas, Gekkou no Carnavale, "Hello,world.", and Phantom: Integration.

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2007-10-15 at 19:05.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 22:28   Link #1456
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Was anyone looking around for games similar to Saya no Uta? I recall that most of BlackCyc's games (like MinDeaD BlooD and Gore Screaming Show) are in the same vein. Though, I think that's what their specialty is... ^_^
Ero, with a lot of horror in between....

For me though, I favor eroge that incorporate other gaming styles, besides the usual click & read fare. Kinda like Prism Ark, Utawarerumono (and to a lesser extent, Brave Soul). Also merits a special mention, even if there's no ero in it, would be Persona 3.

Oh, and by the way... I'm rooting for Nanako-chan in Another Days. Don't ask me why though! ^^;;;;;;
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 00:28   Link #1457
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Canvas 2 DVD was such a hack job ^^; Any true fan of Tomoko from the anime adaptation can attest that they literally butchered her character from beginning to end with the horrible VA they used. While it's inevitable that they can't get the anime VA in the game (with it being a eroge and her a anime-contracted VA), they could at least get someone with experience. Mami's route was somewhat better (and more accurate), still though there wasn't enough value in the new edition to warrant a full purchase price.
The VA may have been miscast for the PC version, but the scenario was there since the PS2 version that coincided with the anime. I felt it was a decent scenario, same with Mami's route. And I definitely consider the games canon moreso than the anime version.

Besides, you're supposed to consider the entire package, even if most of it was already released before.

Quote:
The keyword is so far...

Wait until you play Futaba's and Kotone's route in Hoshiful. It won't be long till you stop and curse at 'his' very existence in the game and scream "what in the hell were you thinking!" to the scenario writer.
So I've heard. But to me, a plot that invokes strong emotions in the reader is reflective of a decent scenario, rather than a bad one. We can't always have everything go nicely, right?
Old 2007-10-16, 01:58   Link #1458
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
The keyword is so far...

Ah. Him. Yes. I despise him too.

GRRR
Old 2007-10-16, 04:00   Link #1459
cyth
Banned

Quote:
My biggest gripe is that Unisonshift could have done so much more in the story with the unique setting and character designs (<3 the art), but instead settled for a lighthearted comedy with ero sprinkled in between. It's the missing potential that really picks at me every time I continue the story.
Arr, don't say that when my copy is still shipping. Still, I didn't expect anything more than a comedy with ero. It was pretty apparent they were going for that from the campaign.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 06:25   Link #1460
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
People differ from each other. Besides, i think most people that played hitomi enjoyed it. I probably didnt like it because 1. i am not playing eroge games to c the pictures, kept on trying others because my first eroge was kana imouto, 2. i believe in chastity a great deal, 3. i am not easily moved or fascinated by the beauty of another or something( cold-hearted?), i do not show my emotions.
So... all in all, i am probably the one thats strange.....

No. Most likely, you are a Renai (Pure Love) Gamer, like me. You play such games more for the great story and beautiful romance than the dirty sex. Don't worry, there's a lot of guys/girls like that in the bishojo game world.

Maybe you can considerate future english releases like KAZOKU KEIKAKU ~FAMILY PROJECT~ and SNOW SAKURA. I was told they're pretty sweet.

YUME MIRU KUSURI :: A Drug That Makes You Dream and FIGURES OF HAPPINESS looks good, too.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel