AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-04-08, 22:24   Link #561
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was quite enthralling although the southpark esque chara design of the main lead is more then a little unfortunate, but putting that aside was an extremely enjoyable start to the show.

Heres hoping the chibi theory posed by previous posters pans out as it would only help improve the show as far as I'm concerned.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 23:49   Link #562
Kouvley

Interesting start with very good production values.

However, I didn't like Haruyuki much (probably intentional?).
Yuuki Kaji seems to be the go-to guy to voice pathetic weaklings these days and he does the job well, perhaps TOO well which contributed to my dislike of his character.

I think it's safe to predict Haruyuki will man up during the course of the story but I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:40   Link #563
GundamZZ
残念美人

I still have know idea about the show. It looks like a decent show, and the story development has a lot of good potential.

The discussion of another forum turned into argument. So far, this forum seems fine. The reason of argument is a statement. It is about fans' sympathy for the protagonist due to their "otaku inferiority complex".

The fancy dress of Snow Black Princess is cool. At first, I thought it was referring to the different anime/light novel(The dress reminds me about niku's butterfly armor in Monster Hunter). The dress turns turns out to be a cosplay for the online game.

Why she likes him? The vice president seems to be plotting something. The guy with the body of "South Park shape" doesn't mind about it. So, he doesn't believe her confession is true. Regardless what happend, he wants to repay her kindness. The viewers are left the impression that it is a typical format of harem plot.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:41   Link #564
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I have zero complaints about this episode. None. It was awesome from start to finish. Yes, even the main character's design. I thought it was awesome and it fit really well. Now where can I get one of those sweet sweet VR collars?
Old 2012-04-09, 03:12   Link #565
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Except SAO completely abandons its characters in the multiple arcs, AW never does that. SAO's story is nothing new, it can be completely modeled by .hack (although both in its earliest form came out the same time).

AW actually makes use of the camera/big brother type technology and built upon that. In case of creativity AW far surpasses SAO.
See, that's what I meant about subjective factors. You don't really address my point, but give me reasons why you preferred AW. Reasons I care little about, just as, I presume, you don't care about my reasons for preferring SAO.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:37   Link #566
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Production costs for this seem sky high...
First episodes are eye-catchers, so they usually have more time and effort spend on them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:44   Link #567
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Hm, you are saying that publishers go look for an anime studio to animate their works? I thought it should be the other way round where studios make proposals to the publishers and initiate the project, no? Just asking, since I'm no expert.
It depends on the show. However, many (most?) adaptation projects are not initiated from the studio side.

As an example, this is Square Enix's perspective on creating anime:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ney-in-8-years
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=122172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji Taguchi
Taguchi compared the targeting of market audience with fishing in the right spot with the right lure. Specifically, he said it is essential for the company to first search for where the fish are (search for a popular genre), then decide on a lure that these fish would like (decide on the work to adapt), and finally get the fish to bite on the lure (select the anime studio).
There's an unbalanced relationship in which the anime industry is often subservient to the media companies.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:17   Link #568
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I have zero complaints about this episode. None. It was awesome from start to finish. Yes, even the main character's design. I thought it was awesome and it fit really well. Now where can I get one of those sweet sweet VR collars?
With the wire too?
Old 2012-04-09, 09:37   Link #569
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not but those are not collars despite how the anime portrays them as such.
Ah, I see. I look forward to an explanation later on then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
With the wire too?
Does it come with the girl attached to it?
Old 2012-04-09, 09:47   Link #570
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not but those are not collars despite how the anime portrays them as such.
I don't understand what you mean. The anime portrays them correctly.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:55   Link #571
klare

oh no he is so fat and still choose a piggy as ingame avatar!

joking this looks interesting, but again it seems to have the average male lead that many girls are interested in...
Old 2012-04-09, 09:57   Link #572
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Does it come with the girl attached to it?
Excellent.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean. The anime portrays them correctly.
Maybe it's the definition of what a collar is that is the problem? Traditional collars go around your entire neck while these things do not. Maybe. I don't know.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:08   Link #573
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
First episodes are eye-catchers, so they usually have more time and effort spend on them.
It's not just that....if they retain that animation style for all the Brain Burst modes...
Old 2012-04-09, 10:09   Link #574
Sixth
Hu Tao

I pity the main character. There is no way that he going to get the female lead affection. After all, he is fat and short...very short. This ship is destined to sink...very fast.

Last edited by Sixth; 2012-04-09 at 10:31.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:13   Link #575
Kunagisa

Quote:
but I find both to be lacking (of course, this may be invalid for Accel World since I have only read 1 volume), and I still feel v1 SAO is the best of SAO in the 'grand scheme of things' aspect.
This is valid.

Quote:
In terms of setting, I personally feel Accel World to be more unrealistic in certain aspects because Kawahara is writing on more futuristic stuff and trying to give flawed explanations on certain tech aspects.
That depends on whether you can accept on the premise that "technology has advanced to this level therefore this is possible". Most novel writers aren't exactly physio-biochem major with advance degrees in computational and application mathematics, you can't expect them to give you more than "here's this tech and this is now possible with human development" (you know this already, I just like babbling). If you can't accept Newtype in Gundam then you can't accept the explanation given in here. It's that simple. If you want a full settings explanation a lot of others could do better, but it's matter of trade off between the amount you write without boring the crap out of people. Point in reference is Kawakami (who wrote in the part you didn't read in volume 1). Yeah he's good with settings, except it's so damn long that most people don't want to read it, then what's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
See, that's what I meant about subjective factors. You don't really address my point, but give me reasons why you preferred AW. Reasons I care little about, just as, I presume, you don't care about my reasons for preferring SAO.
I never tried to address your subjectivity (I almost never does that in forum posting). Time and again I said if you prefer one over the other I don't give crap as long as you're not being a total ass about it. My reply to your response was just on the point that AW is more creative with its setting than SAO ever did.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:22   Link #576
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I pity the main character. There is no way that he going to get the female lead affection. After all, he is fat and short...very short. This chip is destined to sink...very fast.
Hmm...yea...keep thinking that.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:23   Link #577
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I never said anything about creativity. What I said was that SAO was "better" SF, though I guess "harder" might be a better term?

It's not about creativity, it's about the world building process. The author took more liberties with what's possible or plausible in AW than in SAO, which, to me, makes the exploration of the themes contained therein less interesting.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:26   Link #578
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not about creativity, it's about the world building process. The author took more liberties with what's possible or plausible in AW than in SAO, which, to me, makes the exploration of the themes contained therein less interesting.
... ok? Like I said, that's up to you for your preference (which I'm totally ok with), I'm merely stating what I think is inferior in SAO but you happened to mention what you said and I just quote it. Would it be better if I didn't quote you instead?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:35   Link #579
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, ok. Probably?
Old 2012-04-09, 11:04   Link #580
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I pity the main character. There is no way that he going to get the female lead affection. After all, he is fat and short...very short. This ship is destined to sink...very fast.
I would say he already has it. Making a circle on his thigh with one finger... I think he's in good shape in that regard.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen