AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Fruits Basket zodiac sign character?
Yuki (rat) 11 9.91%
Kyo (cat) 54 48.65%
Shigure (dog) 24 21.62%
Momiji (bunny) 15 13.51%
Kagura (boar) 12 10.81%
Hatsuharu (cow) 9 8.11%
Hatori ([sea]dragon) 12 10.81%
Ayame (snake) 11 9.91%
Kisa (tiger) 26 23.42%
Hiro (sheep) 4 3.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-04, 02:09   Link #61
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Ahem, can someone please spoil the ending of Fruits Basket for me? Please?

I was at a friend's house today and happened to see episode number 20-something.

Chances are I'm not going to buy this series because (1) I don't like Chinese dubs, and only Chinese dubs are sold where I live, and (2) I don't have any money (even US$20 is a lot for me). Still, I'm extremely curious about the ending.

So, can someone kind please spill and spoil and explain it a bit? Thanks a lot in advance! Heeheehee.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:37   Link #62
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou

I was at a friend's house today and happened to see episode number 20-something.

Chances are I'm not going to buy this series because (1) I don't like Chinese dubs, and only Chinese dubs are sold where I live, and (2) I don't have any money (even US$20 is a lot for me). Still, I'm extremely curious about the ending.

So, can someone kind please spill and spoil and explain it a bit? Thanks a lot in advance! Heeheehee.
The ending of the anime? The manga isn't finished.

Spoiler:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 20:09   Link #63
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou

The anime ending is too weak, you should contiune from reading the manga because it is lot better and you will understand more.
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 03:33   Link #64
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Thank you, Forbin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDragon
The anime ending is too weak, you should contiune from reading the manga because it is lot better and you will understand more.
Thank you too!

I guess you're right: Forbin's "spoiler" didn't really spoil anything because it's essentially "oh, so they go back home, and it's I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..."

Right then, I'll wait until I somehow get the $/£/¥ on my hands (maybe in two years' time), and I'll buy the manga.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 07:26   Link #65
martino
makes no files now

I either didn't get the ending or I did(of the anime). So let me get this right; so in the end it's like "And everyone lives happily ever after". If this is the ending then they should have made a second series at least...or an OVA.

Now about the manga. So it's still coming out? There is no "manga-ending" so far?
Old 2006-08-10, 09:05   Link #66
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I either didn't get the ending or I did(of the anime). So let me get this right; so in the end it's like "And everyone lives happily ever after". If this is the ending then they should have made a second series at least...or an OVA.

Now about the manga. So it's still coming out? There is no "manga-ending" so far?
Like most anime based on an on going manga they ended it in a way that they could finish the story when the manga ended. "Full Moon wo Sagashite" is the only one I know of with a real ending and it was an alternate universe type story that diverged from the one told in the manga. Perhaps, now that the manga is nearing it's conclusion, they will have another season and finish the story.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 12:17   Link #67
martino
makes no files now

Basically what you mean is that they finished the Fruits Basket anime series according to the manga release that was out at that time?
Old 2006-08-10, 12:30   Link #68
PastPrime

Quote:
Basically what you mean is that they finished the Fruits Basket anime series according to the manga release that was out at that time?
Basically. I don't think that they covered everything that was out, but they chose what they though was a good stopping point and covered everything that they could with that as the ending.
Old 2006-08-10, 12:41   Link #69
martino
makes no files now

So if I decided to buy the manga and don't want to read all of it from the start(unless you will suggest me to do so) where should I start?
Old 2006-08-10, 14:20   Link #70
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I would recommend reading it from the start. Everyone looks different in the Manga (Especially Tohru) and you need to get used to their new looks

IMHO.

Also it's a good read.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 01:02   Link #71
DanielSong39

As far as I can tell, Yuki is the better match for Tohru in the anime - but they do seem to be leaning towards Kyo.

Unfortunately this is all academic as long as the curse remains. Is there a cure?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:45   Link #72
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
As far as I can tell, Yuki is the better match for Tohru in the anime - but they do seem to be leaning towards Kyo.

Unfortunately this is all academic as long as the curse remains. Is there a cure?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-11, 11:19   Link #73
martino
makes no files now

In the manga that is, right?
Old 2006-08-11, 11:50   Link #74
PastPrime

Quote:
In the manga that is, right?
Yes, in the manga.
Old 2006-08-12, 04:39   Link #75
DanielSong39

I guess the easy way out would be to break Kyo's curse and leave Yuki's intact... that would make Kyo the default winner.
Old 2006-08-25, 22:50   Link #76
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

hey! for those of you who have read the manga and watch the whole show... how different are the two? i have the manga except vol 13,14,15,17,21... is the manga any good?
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 09:50   Link #77
Hidari
Baka Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Perhaps, now that the manga is nearing it's conclusion, they will have another season and finish the story.
Sorry but no second season has been planned so far.
Since 2001, Studio Deen has constantly been denying all rumors regarding a second season. ^^''

And about the manga, the next chapter (132) will coming out the 05 sept. and perhaps it will be the last from it. But that's not really sure 'cause, on the site of Hana to Yume, they speak about "the beginning of the last straight line towards the end of the history ".... i hope that's right ; p
Hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 13:54   Link #78
arichang
FanFiction Authoress

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine
hey! for those of you who have read the manga and watch the whole show... how different are the two? i have the manga except vol 13,14,15,17,21... is the manga any good?
The anime only goes up to volume 7-ish of the manga so you can't really compare. It's quite loyal to the Takaya-sensei's plot... and all the original episodes weren't useless fillers. I think the anime was pretty well done. However, that's not to say the manga wasn't any good. Personally, I think the manga is quite brilliant. Plot-wise, I think Takaya-sensei is amazing. I love how she gets into the psychological-depth of the characters and the way the plot thickens almost at the end of every volume. It's moving, really, if you can forgive some of the over-the-top emo-ness of some characters.

In terms of art, Takaya-sensei's style changes dramatically as the manga continues, I think. From volume one we see very busy pages stock-full of drawings and her characters feel cute, bordering even on immature. However... as the manga progresses, her style--I don't really know if it's because she's influenced by her assisstants or what--becomes more... mature, I suppose. Pages become emptier... and there're more black frames than there are white. (Damn, that's a lot of ink)... over all, the tone of the manga goes really, really dark.

Of course, the humour's still there and it still coaxes a chuckle of two from the reader. The Fruits Basket manga is really one of my favourites. Worh reading.

Now about that second season for the anime...

Spoiler for latter parts of the manga:

The manga gets angstier and darker... and there are bits that get annoying. Especially Akito's emotional outbursts... I mean, really. And the ending... hm. I wonder if anyone would want to discuss this with me? I'm not sure... but I'm not entirely happy with what they did with Yuki. And I have a lot of things I want to say about Akito. Would love to hear another's opinion on it.

Maybe I should look for a thread about this topic....
arichang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 16:12   Link #79
DanielSong39

Loved the Kagura-Kyo bits; but I suppose it would've run out of steam after a while. And maybe Yuki was too convenient a love interest... the roller coaster potential is certainly greater with Kyo.

Not unhappy with how things turned out - as long as they don't pull a SHUFFLE!, I'm fine with it.
Old 2006-08-29, 19:42   Link #80
Hidari
Baka Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichang
I don't really know if it's because she's influenced by her assisstants or what--becomes more... mature, I suppose.
That was her purpose in fact. She wants to show how Kyo, Tohru and others become more mature, more adult. On the begining of the manga, if i remember well, they start in 2-sc, and at the end they're preparing university And their vision of the world, of the situation evolve (i think it's the correct word <<''). And that's why her style changes too. If she didn't do that, the feelings wouldn't have passed as well.
(oh god my english is so bad oO')

And by the way, it's the same thing in the anim, at the end, the ambiance is more darker than at the start ; p But it's less obvious than in the manga ^^'
Right, there'll be be huge inconsistencies that's why they don't want to do a second season. (And also, the first season was created only in the purpose of making some pub for the manga ^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichang
The manga gets angstier and darker... and there are bits that get annoying. Especially Akito's emotional outbursts... I mean, really. And the ending... hm. I wonder if anyone would want to discuss this with me? I'm not sure... but I'm not entirely happy with what they did with Yuki. And I have a lot of things I want to say about Akito. Would love to hear another's opinion on it.

Maybe I should look for a thread about this topic....
I'm in ! I'm use to discuss about that on french forum, so that's be great to do it in english for once ; p But i think there is already a topic for that oO''
Hidari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shojo