AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 09:42   Link #41
einhorn303

Does the technology not exist to give this thread a NicoNico (N2) tag and a CrunchyRoll tag? (CR)
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 13:23   Link #42
YuriEcchiGirl

This new anime series looks pretty good, can't wait to get around to watching it soon
Old 2011-08-27, 06:40   Link #43
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-08-29, 17:34   Link #44
Midonin
Last Engage

Twin Angel 09 - The Night When The Fate of Villains Antiheroes Stops

I knew as soon as that bandage came into play, it was going to lead to a revelation. For the first time in this show's run, both sides, Angels and Phantoms, are aware of who the other side, and all the complications that come with such a thing. And yet, this show had some of the weirdest enemies to date. A skirt-flipping robot and Black Carrier's latest whatsahoozit, that bores people to sleep. I certainly can't call this show not quirky. Twin Phantom is a pretty good match for our heroines in terms of fighting prowess, though apparently all it takes to figure out who Twin Angel is is being there when they detransform. Take pointers, Yayoi. Finally, there's the knowledge that the Seven Amulets are involved in some sort of Holy Grail War. I've never seen anything F/SN related, and my mind still went there. What's going on in this world?

Looks like Misty Knight departs for Italy next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 04:35   Link #45
Sides

This series is getting more and more absurd every time, bouncing boobs and pudding. Obviously the makers themselves are not taking it seriously. Slapstick homour triumphs over low budget in this case. Probably one of the black sheep this season.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 13:47   Link #46
Midonin
Last Engage

Twin Angel 10 - The Switch Of Youth Is Turned On In Japan America Italy

Since it's only one cour, Twin Angel has been playing out an entire seasons' worth of arcs in a hypercompressed space. And it seems to be working. Twin Phantom's past has been (mostly) revealed, the Amulets have been acquired, and the show even got in a surprising "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and a death scene this week. Granted, Misty Knight's death was one of the oddest methods of going out I've seen - death by treadmill/time bomb/robot - but it was played deadly serious. Alex may have called out his goofy nickname for him, but that does little to diminish the fact that one of their greatest allies went out in a way that seems pretty tough to come back from. Not that I doubt he will come back, but the situation is definitely, definitely bad.

Farewell, Misty Knight.
Old 2011-09-06, 15:29   Link #47
Sides

Hentai Mask, NOOOO! How can the kill off the MVP ^_^
Old 2011-09-07, 20:08   Link #48
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Twin Angel 10 - The Switch Of Youth Is Turned On In Japan America Italy

Since it's only one cour, Twin Angel has been playing out an entire seasons' worth of arcs in a hypercompressed space. And it seems to be working. Twin Phantom's past has been (mostly) revealed, the Amulets have been acquired, and the show even got in a surprising "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and a death scene this week. Granted, Misty Knight's death was one of the oddest methods of going out I've seen - death by treadmill/time bomb/robot - but it was played deadly serious. Alex may have called out his goofy nickname for him, but that does little to diminish the fact that one of their greatest allies went out in a way that seems pretty tough to come back from. Not that I doubt he will come back, but the situation is definitely, definitely bad.

Farewell, Misty Knight.
There's the plot twist I've been looking for!

This anime is this season's Milky Holmes. I hope they make enough sales for a second season.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 06:36   Link #49
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Just started the series. I don't know, I needed something without heavy drama and just take it easy with a good old plain cute talks between girls. And hey, it's surprisingly good. Especially the action sequences which were animated quite nicely.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:06   Link #50
Midonin
Last Engage

Twin Angel 11 - The Doomed Pastel Colored World

This show is indeed this season's Milky Holmes. Because like that show, when it falls into despair, it falls into despair. There was some comic relief with Salome and Alex, but for the most part, the effects of Misty Knight's death(?) radiated throughout the entire episode. And while Arsene was going through her plans to make the heroes better, Black Trader has no such inclinations. He wants to bring about Armageddon, and little will stop him from doing so. The idea that two of the Seven Amulets were powering Haruka and Aoi this whole time is interesting. Does that mean the other Amulets could, theoretically, produce more magical girls? (But why is there only one boot?), along with whatever's in Kurumi's neck bell. The show's hypercute OP and ED and bold, primary colored aesthetics haven't changed a bit. But the world is doomed. Doomed, doomed, doomed. (Okay, not really. Of course Haruka and Aoi will save the day. But I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and believe the suspense.)
Old 2011-09-19, 16:46   Link #51
Midonin
Last Engage

Twin Angel THE FINAL - To Those Who Don't Give Up

There's a quote that's been attributed to at least two people, so I'll just post the quote.

"Your manuscript is both good and original; but the part that is good is not original, and the part that is original is not good."

Twin Angel is a fine example of the first part. I'd hesitate to call it original, because everything, from the mysterious guardian to the new girls who are actually evil to Aoi's jiggling chest, have all been done before, they're staples of anime by this point. I'd say Twin Angel is probably pretty close to a full episode of Mirakurun, to draw on the other show that airs today.

That's not to say it's a bad thing. The show was very solidly written. It wasn't a parody, but it played its narrative devices so straight faced (intentionally) that it ended up being hilarious at points (intentionally). The magical girl aspect wasn't underused either, and the action was both varied and bizarre, just as a series of this nature should be. Even in the finale, when aspects were brought back, they were given just enough of a wink to make it work. (How did Misty Knight come back? He "withstood the blast". And Salome and Alex were dropped down a trap door again. In their robot.) The girls were even able to get into space through the sheer power of believing they could, even as Kurumi protested.

It didn't get a whole lot of attention, but it wasn't a bad series. It's been compared to Milky Holmes, and I feel that's a fine comparison, though Holmes is slightly less retro. I enjoyed it. It was also the first show I watched that proved NicoNico's streaming service is perfectly acceptable for the future. JC Staff's harem series may get mixed reactions, but when it comes to comedy, they're pretty good at it.
Old 2011-09-19, 17:43   Link #52
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I like cliches. Pretty hilarious stuff.

I need the RAW nao!
Old 2011-09-20, 06:39   Link #53
Sides

The finial is probably the best episode in the series. It feels like that the team just threw in everything that they can, to make it as entertaining as possible. I am not sure if i can recommend it to anyone, probably only to the people who like comedy.
Old 2011-09-21, 17:00   Link #54
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 23:56   Link #55
justsomeguy

This show is one my favorites for this season.

The "Bad":
* The plot is drugged out, with ridiculous situations every episode, logical impossibilities all around, and explanations for many things left nonexistent.

* There is very little character development for the protagonists. Kurumi, Nine, and Tesla get some, while Haruka and Aoi practically get none.

* Black Trader's motivation is not properly explained. He doesn't give any good reason for wanting revenge on the world. The fire that killed Tesla and Nine's parents wasn't quite explained either, though presumably Black Trader had a hand in it.

* We don't get to see the fight between Misty Knight/Bear and Deer Man (whoever he was, because he came and went without any explanation.)

The Good:
* But somehow, everything fits together and the show works. It's always nice when the writers realize that they can't come up with anything "good" and just go straight for comedy.

* Even the squeaky and intentionally bad OP actually sounded pretty good to me after a short while.

* The animation quality is great, though the "chubby" character designs aren't as good compared to the OVA's.

* Shining Star

Final score: 8/10. Unfortunately, this show is criminally underrated if the number of posts in this thread are any indication.

For reference, as of right now I've given Sacred Seven 7/10 and am planning to give Itsu-Ten 6/10 (lowest for the season) and Kamisama Dolls 9/10 (highest) when the last episodes air.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:41   Link #56
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
This show is one my favorites for this season.

The "Bad":
* The plot is drugged out, with ridiculous situations every episode, logical impossibilities all around, and explanations for many things left nonexistent.

* There is very little character development for the protagonists. Kurumi, Nine, and Tesla get some, while Haruka and Aoi practically get none.

* Black Trader's motivation is not properly explained. He doesn't give any good reason for wanting revenge on the world. The fire that killed Tesla and Nine's parents wasn't quite explained either, though presumably Black Trader had a hand in it.

* We don't get to see the fight between Misty Knight/Bear and Deer Man (whoever he was, because he came and went without any explanation.)

The Good:
* But somehow, everything fits together and the show works. It's always nice when the writers realize that they can't come up with anything "good" and just go straight for comedy.

* Even the squeaky and intentionally bad OP actually sounded pretty good to me after a short while.

* The animation quality is great, though the "chubby" character designs aren't as good compared to the OVA's.

* Shining Star

Final score: 8/10. Unfortunately, this show is criminally underrated if the number of posts in this thread are any indication.

For reference, as of right now I've given Sacred Seven 7/10 and am planning to give Itsu-Ten 6/10 (lowest for the season) and Kamisama Dolls 9/10 (highest) when the last episodes air.
6/10 for itsu-tenma? You're being too generous. I have not been so P/Oed at a protagonist since Makoto from School Days.

On topic: I agree the show is underrated. I hope they eventually animate the story from the PSP game that came out like a month ago(it apparently repeats the events of the last few episodes of the anime and continues from there).
Old 2011-09-22, 22:14   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This was a fun anime to watch but so predictable this needs anther season

8/10