AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-04, 09:15   Link #761
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
let me joins the fray....

just now i'm cleared kud route and i'm satisfied... it does has impact on me near the final scene, at least i'm almost got a manly tears there, plus the music do a great role to set the mood.

Spoiler:

as for the rin route, i dunno if i has finished them all since i'm using a full save data to unlock all route, and intended to clear them all in 1 sweep using the guide available.

about that matter, i have question for those who already cleared rin1 and rin 2...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-04, 10:05   Link #762
Phlebas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post
let me joins the fray....
as for the rin route, i dunno if i has finished them all since i'm using a full save data to unlock all route, and intended to clear them all in 1 sweep using the guide available.

about that matter, i have question for those who already cleared rin1 and rin 2...
This is your problem, you're only supposed to be able to access Rin 2 after clearing all the other routes, after which you're forced straight into Refrain. Full save means you're also locked out of a lot of variant scenes, I'm afraid.
Old 2012-01-04, 11:01   Link #763
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

okay so that's the problem huh.... i'll try once more with the new one save data...

i think it should be quick since i could skip all scenes i have seen... thx a lot ^^
Old 2012-01-04, 12:43   Link #764
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
I heard that Kud's route in EX is more lengthy and sensible.
That might explain the two missing variations on the final cg.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2012-01-04, 15:33   Link #765
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post
okay so that's the problem huh.... i'll try once more with the new one save data...

i think it should be quick since i could skip all scenes i have seen... thx a lot ^^
You'll still have to skip through all six possible routes, again

If you're done, you should see a 'Well Done!' sign after the credits of the sixth girl's route. Then, if you have made a save around the last choice of the Rin1 route, you can just load that, and this time it will conclude in the Rin2 route.

The earliest difference you should look for between Rin1 and Rin2 is that
Spoiler for Rin Spoiler:

After completing Rin2, the title menu turns B&W, and the 'New Game' option changes to Refrain
Old 2012-01-04, 15:47   Link #766
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
The earliest difference you should look for between Rin1 and Rin2 is that
Spoiler for Rin Spoiler:
Much earlier than that, In Rin2
Spoiler for Rin2:
Old 2012-01-04, 16:16   Link #767
Revan21

Right you are,
and that gives you a CG too
Old 2012-01-04, 17:17   Link #768
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Note that you have to see the scene that Jao mentioned to go forward to Rin2, load a game anytime after that and I think you get defaulted to Rin1.

Even if
Spoiler for Route:
Old 2012-01-04, 18:44   Link #769
Revan21

After nearly 2weeks I've finally finished the game, and it was so gooood!

As expected from Key, it had some great dramatic moments
Spoiler for Final Ending:

Of all the routes (not counting Refrain which was obviously the best) I liked Nishizono's story the most. It was really poetic After that comes Kurugaya's but I'm bit confused about her extra ending.
Spoiler for Kurugaya End:
. Komari and Haruka's routes were decent but nothing memorable.
And as for Kud, I guess
Spoiler for Kud ending:
She's cute though, so I can easily overlook this.

I managed to won the baseball match four times, defeated Mask of Saito in three routes, always dominated the rankings, LMAO on the coice to take the test of courage with the two guys (), and 100% CG

I got a question about Kengo too:
Spoiler for Koushiki:

Many thanks to Team Fluffy for their hard work on making the patch, it was well worth the wait!

Last edited by Revan21; 2012-01-04 at 19:09.
Old 2012-01-04, 19:20   Link #770
Balzac
Assistant Professor

As to your last question, I believe there were implications (though never stated clearly) that Koshiki had
Spoiler for Little Busters!:

It's food for thought for the astute, and even in Ecstasy, it isn't addressed.
Old 2012-01-04, 19:22   Link #771
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

@revan21
same here... for some reason i'm attracted to nishizono, her calm gesture and a nice bgm to back up everytime i meet her for some reason calm my soul. we could see jun maeda and shinji in his glory here.

i would like to try nishizono route today after work, then maybe kurugaya next, since she's the next character that seems interesting to me.

komari anda haruka doesn't appeal much to me, but i think the little busters won't be fun without them. we need at least a girl who like to tease and make a joke to liven the atmosphere. usually sunohara do this alone in "clannad" (as expected of shinpachi), but now we have masato and haruka.

fufuufuu.... i'll be looking forward to this evening after work, it should be great to cleared some route accompanied by a couple cup of coffee and snacks
Old 2012-01-04, 20:58   Link #772
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

@revan21

I still haven't played Mio's route but so far she seems to be the best girl and after I finish with Komari I'll go to Mio immediately.

Dunno why ppl don't like Haruka, she is funny and quite unpredictable. Gotta admit I hated her at the beginning but then I started to grew fond of her. She is my third girl I'll go after Mio.
Old 2012-01-04, 21:27   Link #773
Jao
panchi~

I think Haruka is the most complex girl and the most psychologically well defined girl. I wouldn't call her the most likeable, and her route felt lacking in something.

I did really enjoy it however, and I eagerly await revisiting her in Kanata's route.
Old 2012-01-04, 21:43   Link #774
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Hehe...Kanata's assumes you know the secret of the world AND have finished Haruka's route.

Think about it: it's after "her" route, which means some "things" remain...which can only mean a lot of broken hearts... Heck, I believe that was its purpose in Ecstasy among the three routes: to represent one aspect of the "secret".

Yeah, I'm being vague but that's what occurs in her route. Enjoyed it better than Sasasasegawa's too.

Edit: This seems as good a time as any to question people who've followed Key works from AIR down to this game (or to be more specific Maeda's trio), as to how they view his works along with insights into his style or those type of stories that made you play, watch, laugh and cry to them (not necessarily in that order). Little Busters! seemed to be his swansong (as a game, thus Angel Beats! is for now excused) so thoughts on the evolution of his style would be interesting to read.

Last edited by Balzac; 2012-01-04 at 22:35. Reason: clarity
Old 2012-01-05, 01:28   Link #775
venom4789

So what does the baseball minigame do, is the stat add random at the end no matter how many combos or how high they get. Also does the up that pops up by players actually do anything.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-05, 01:31   Link #776
venom4789

Also any difference in mini games on the original little busters vs the EX version, mostly the fighting and the baseball.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:33   Link #777
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom4789 View Post
So what does the baseball minigame do, is the stat add random at the end no matter how many combos or how high they get. Also does the up that pops up by players actually do anything.

Spoiler:
I believe it goes:

After a set amount of times hitting, and I mean -hitting- cats which pisses Rin off, she learns a new pitch. Learning them all I think contributes to the success in the baseball game.

Hitting the practicing people ups their stats, which contributes to their performance in the game. I don't think there's a reliable scale to measure effectiveness of the stats on their performance, so "higher the better" is probably the only thing to follow. Of course, in the game itself, there a whole lot of other factors, such as the order of batting and the position of the catchers in the field. And luck...I've had games end in a loss even with favorable stats and positions.

edit: for your second question, in Ecstasy, Saya can show up "hiding in plain sight" on the field, which may figure in your ball chains since she terminates the ball with extreme prejudice (losing you a ball).

Also, I could be wrong, but there might be more items in the EX version, but I've only ever done battle rankings once on Ecstasy, and only because I just wanted to see the Mask the Saito scene.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:49   Link #778
venom4789

Spoiler for baseball practice:
Old 2012-01-05, 01:54   Link #779
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom4789 View Post
She can learn the ultimate version of the first move she learnt, the one she uses against Sasami to claim control of the baseball pitch at the start.

I've only ever had her learn that move once though, on my second playthrough. We drew in baseball that time, pretty disheartening.
Old 2012-01-05, 02:00   Link #780
venom4789

that means that you can have her learn more. So hitting the cats does something for rin at least helping her learn, not sure how many it takes for her to learn a pitch but so far it seems so can only learn them..

Does Combo do anything for stats, or something else. other than just a counter. Also Does hitting the ball to ryoosuke, sorry for spelling, and making him move a lot do anything.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation