AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-21, 00:32   Link #21
Renchan

Is that thing on top of her head a flower? And wow, I want a blue COMP!

As for the game play Video, I kind disliked the music, and the graphic seems fine.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 05:30   Link #22
mokoi
nightmares of the mind

Being a huge megaten fan IMO, I can say that devil survivor doesn't look good because:

1. The character art lacks style and direction. (it doesn't seem to be the quality or design of the older games....it looks very generic.)

2. it has a persona 3 presence to a point...and persona 3 had problems, lots of problems.

But Devil survivor does have good points like:

1. Monster designs by KK.
2. No evoker (thank you jesus.)
3. The battle system is in first person...a battle system not seen in a megaten game since the early years which is quite refreshing and gives it a old school feel.
4. that chick with the orange hair has a nice set.

I still have some hope that Devil survivor can be a good game, but that hope is small.
mokoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 13:08   Link #23
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokoi View Post

2. it has a persona 3 presence to a point...and persona 3 had problems, lots of problems.

Huh?

What are you talking about? I haven't played Persona 4, but I've played every Megaten game on PS2 and Persona 2, and Persona 3 is my favorite of them all, and a really great game.

So what problems are you talking about, care to elaborate?
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 16:23   Link #24
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
Huh?

What are you talking about? I haven't played Persona 4, but I've played every Megaten game on PS2 and Persona 2, and Persona 3 is my favorite of them all, and a really great game.

So what problems are you talking about, care to elaborate?
He didn't like the evoker, and I'm guessing having only a few color-swapped monster designs annoyed him too.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 23:45   Link #25
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Meh... I've met my own fare share of people who didn't like P3. Some of them don't like how it easy it is, some say how the 'dating sim' part turned them off, some didn't like the 'diablo-esque' style of dungeons, and others still say how they deviated from the first two Personas. In fact, one RPG panel I went to an anime convention had ALL 4 panelists hating on P3. >_>

I say just leave them alone... RPGs moreso than any genre I find is very taste dependent.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 16:55   Link #26
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Meh... I've met my own fare share of people who didn't like P3. Some of them don't like how it easy it is, some say how the 'dating sim' part turned them off, some didn't like the 'diablo-esque' style of dungeons, and others still say how they deviated from the first two Personas.
I cannot say anything about the other things tou said, since that's just personal taste, however about this, I have a solution right here:

It has a hard mode, it has added stuff, quests, summons for the normal game.

And it has 2 parts:

The Journey - It is the original P3 game, with all the added stuff I just mentioned. If you have a P3 save (from the old game) you can use that save to get all your personas and some other stuff into this game. You can choose Normal or Hard difficulties.

The Answer - Is a completely new story, and it is much more harder than the original story, almost like a sequel, and the characters explore the Abyss of Time rather than Tartarus.

One of my top 5 best RPGs in the PS2, definitively.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 23:40   Link #27
Renchan

They added some new stuff (see the characters page) to the official website.
I changed my opinion about the music, it's good.
Old 2008-11-23, 11:19   Link #28
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, to be fair, P3 hard mode is barely harder than normal mode Nocturne, let alone hard mode Nocturne. These guys are pretty hardcore, and to be honest, I understand where they're coming from because I belong to their category.

Which reminds me... any indication of this game having different difficulty settings? I want hard mode!
Old 2008-12-06, 10:41   Link #29
astranagun

A pair of new scans

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen29404_d...reenshots.html
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 08:13   Link #30
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun
A pair of new scans
Komaki Midori and Takagi Keisuke. . .*reads Midori's profile on official site* heh, looks we have Ixquic's successor in Magical Dori.

So our cast so far are:
The hero
The hero's childhood friend
The hero's best buddy
A shrine maiden for some religious group
The hero's genius cousin who stuck the Devil Summoning program in the hero's COMP
A bullied kid who was friends with Atsurou back in middle school
A 15-year old net idol with a sense of justice
And two unknown people on the game's packaging.

Also, a new video, with a little bit of combat; it's a continuation of the previous video posted earlier.

Also looks like the newest Famitsu has more Devil Survivor news. Now I want to know what this Laplace Mail thing is.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:26   Link #31
Shadow Kira01

So, there are so far 6 recruitable characters and 2 NPCs plus the protagonist, sounds nice!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 06:32   Link #32
Renchan

New Trailer...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5591501
Oh dear... Moh Shuuvu!! XD
Old 2008-12-24, 02:15   Link #33
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

More Famitsu news. I only skimmed through it though. Some stuff on demon fusion, but it seems to be the typical MegaTen fusion stuff, but there's a new function ("Fusion Search" I guess?) that allows the player to search for the easiest way to fuse demons. Also stuff on the Devil Auction; it's pretty much a regular auction except you bid on demons.

Also, two more characters, Tadashi Nikaido (from what I can read, he's the leader of the "Shibuya Diamonds" and he's looking to avenge his older brother, the former leader) and Mari Mochizuki (former tutor of Atsurou, as well as Nikaido's childhood friend; she's currently a nurse at a school for handicapped elementary school kids; apparently hates and is looking for the culprit in the "Vampire Incident", in which Nikaido's brother was killed).

EDIT: New Famitsu scans. Another pair of characters, but I can't read their names. The name besides the new demon shown reads Iza Beru, and the closest thing I could find as a reference is Izavel, aka Jezebel from the Old Testament. Unless of course it's just going to be some demon named Isabelle and has no relation whatsoever to any religious figure.

Last edited by Angelic Cross; 2008-12-25 at 02:51.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 02:38   Link #34
Shadow Kira01

New Famitsu Promotional Site

It doesn't appear to have any downloads though.
Old 2009-01-05, 16:04   Link #35
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm not so sure if I'm going to like the battle system or not, but so far so good. I like the character designs as I'm a fan of the style of Yozakura Quartet.

Oh my lovely DS, how you have become the little RPG gem that could this gen.

@DragoonKain,

Still up to your osanajimi craze again, eh? You'll happy to know that according to Yuzu's character profile in the Famitsu promotional site, that yes; she does have a thing for the protagonist, or at least the site makes a hint about it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:18   Link #36
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering... has anyone got the lyrics for the opening song, preferably with translations? A quick google search came up with nothing, and I'm currently too engrossed playing the game to do a more thorough search.

So far, the game is too awesome to put down.
Old 2009-06-26, 19:33   Link #37
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Reset

I'm sure you'll be going the osananajimi route towards the end lol

I love Yuzu's design but it seems she's not as appealing character wise. And I selected 'I am her boyfriend' when I played the Japanese version some time ago lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:43   Link #38
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Reset

I love Yuzu's design but it seems she's not as appealing character wise. And I selected 'I am her boyfriend' when I played the Japanese version some time ago lol
If this is one of the dating-sim games, I would probably choose Yuzu's route. However, this is Shin Megami Tensei.. I am thinking of picking Naoya's path or another who have yet to show up. How many total endings are there?
Old 2009-06-26, 19:51   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

There are 5 routes to 5 ending routes, 1 of them further splits to 2, so its 6 endings. Completion of each ending will add characters to your title screen.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 21:59   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA
Oh hell yeah! I loved that part when you go up to Gin introducing the MC as Yuzu's boyfriend lol.

I've heard Yuzu's the easiest of the routes though, and the ending isn't really all the 'good', which is a shame. Oh well, at least that means I get to new game+ faster, which I hear gives nice bonuses among other things.

One things for sure though... Yuzu will always have a place in my party, even if other people are superior (mov 3 is a pain, but can be easily mitigated by certain demon racial skills).

And in the route you can't use her... well, I've heard you can use another character who's out to avenge HER childhood friend lol.

Just wondering though... does Amane's route have even a bit of romantic focus on Amane herself? Wanna steel myself beforehand if I have to trudge through any sort of 'blasphemy' in her route, hehehehe.

As for now, I'm blasting things silly with my mage tank MC. It's good to have magic being THE top form of attack again. Just recently got Ice Dance, and while random in target and number of hits, it still rapes things silly especially if you get lucky.