AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-13, 03:09   Link #281
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Awesome and interesting ep!

Spoiler for Ep. 6:
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 07:29   Link #282
Jerseykid

So Mikage says Teito saves him but you see Teito doing nothing to the situation other than his own light show. Other than that cool power up.

Spoiler for ep: 6:

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2009-05-13 at 07:48.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 11:51   Link #283
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm surprised that Mikage's death flag in ep 6 wasn't carried out...so it seems like he has more uses in the future
But it was another good episode although this time round it felt a little slow and uneventful. Mikage's sister shows up but with a different hair colour to the flashbacks. I wonder if that is due to the Kor or whether she decided to be a rebel to gain some attention. Speaking of which she sure was wearing some fancy clothes and was in quite a nice car before she crashed it. This was obviously a set up from the evil commander but why did he give her such a fancy get away.
Teito's gem thing also makes an appearance and seems to do something...I think

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 14:12   Link #284
Cyanide
d e a d l y;

So, as an 07-Ghost n00b.. would it be better to read the manga before watching the anime?

This series looks pretty awesome, so I was thinking of watching it first. Sometimes people dislike certain anime series, if they differ from the manga, so I thought it might be best to just start off with the anime. That would be my choice, and I'd read it eventually, but are the two different enough to matter?
Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 14:18   Link #285
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Mikage's sister shows up but with a different hair colour to the flashbacks.
Was that really Mikage's sister? Or merely a girl who reminded him of his sister? I know she called Mikage "onii-chan", but she also called Teito that so the word may not indicate a blood relative in this case.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 15:02   Link #286
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Was that really Mikage's sister? Or merely a girl who reminded him of his sister? I know she called Mikage "onii-chan", but she also called Teito that so the word may not indicate a blood relative in this case.
I thought about that too and it was certainly strange that he never said her name or anything. But then at the time right when she found him he said something like "onii chan will save you" but she had yet to call him "onii chan" during that scene. And it is also strange that Mikage would say such a thing to a stanger but hmm...maybe the girl resembled his sister so he couldn't help himself but it isn't 100% certain.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 15:16   Link #287
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I thought about that too and it was certainly strange that he never said her name or anything. But then at the time right when she found him he said something like "onii chan will save you" but she had yet to call him "onii chan" during that scene. And it is also strange that Mikage would say such a thing to a stanger but hmm...maybe the girl resembled his sister so he couldn't help himself but it isn't 100% certain.
I've seen instances in anime where the person in Mikage's position would refer to himself / herself as onii-chan / onee-san to a younger stranger. Example: Mai in Ghost Hunt goes to rescue a child and tells the child that onee-san is coming to help her even though the child has never called her onee-san before. So I thought Mikage might have been doing the same thing here. Maybe during some conversation in the next episode, we'll learn if the two are really related or not.

Edit: I'm not saying you're wrong. I simply don't know which is right in this situation. I sometimes wonder how the Japanese themselves know which meaning is the right one in these situations.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 15:26   Link #288
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raa View Post
I like this show so far. The bishops are hilarious. I find Mikage slightly annoying, he's too stupid for the person he is. How he survived as a slave being that stupid? It doesn't make sense, no?
I thought the same since the 2nd episode.
Btw is it only at my stream that they call him Sklave and not slave?
Then his name is Teito Klein and Frau... Oh yeah, Japanese like German.
Old 2009-05-13, 16:05   Link #289
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Some groups are using sklave while others are using slave, sklave is the correct term, but since sklave is German for slave it doesn't really matter in the long run.
Old 2009-05-13, 17:27   Link #290
slayer545-sama
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
I thought the same since the 2nd episode.
Btw is it only at my stream that they call him Sklave and not slave?
Then his name is Teito Klein and Frau... Oh yeah, Japanese like German.
If you remember Japanese have some history from WW2 with Germans anyways.
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:18   Link #291
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

One, I want candy flowers!
Two, grrr, filler. And it looks like next week is filler to. I guess they are dragging it out so that this arc and the next one will fit in neatly into the number of episodes. Still, I want to see real action here dangit! The girl here didn't even really make sense, I don't think she is Mikage's sister, if the army is still threatening him with her then I wouldn't put the two of them anywhere near each other. Ayami knows that Mikage would go to great lengths to save his sister and that the church can get rid of Kors (exorcise them? Don't know the correct term).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post
So, as an 07-Ghost n00b.. would it be better to read the manga before watching the anime?
If you do hold off a little longer or you will be in for some major spoilers in the first volume alone.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 22:39   Link #292
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I think they're just torturing the manga readers because we know what happens next canonically. Technically, it was supposed to happen this episode, but I guess the activation could've been considered a "false alarm". They're still teasing us though.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 22:46   Link #293
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post

This series looks pretty awesome, so I was thinking of watching it first. Sometimes people dislike certain anime series, if they differ from the manga, so I thought it might be best to just start off with the anime. That would be my choice, and I'd read it eventually, but are the two different enough to matter?
If you haven't read the manga, I'd probably recommend waiting to read it after you watched the anime. The manga moves at a faster pace in the first part of the story than the anime. The anime is dragging the first 3 or 4 chapters of the manga out a bit. The producers must be sadists.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2009-05-13 at 22:58.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 18:51   Link #294
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
The producers must be sadists.
That sounds like a really good theory actually.... I swear, it's like FMA: Brotherhood, you watch and go "man, and now I have to wait for *really spoilery events* to happen all over again!"
Oh and another thing, I don't like how they had Tetio's "special power" (since the name itself is a spoiler) come to life and then.... do nothing. I mean, in the manga he doesn't even remember and I liked that better. Actually, speaking of memory, did Tetio get his mind wiped after his first encounter with the 7 ghosts? I remember that he did in the manga but it didn't seem like it in the anime...
Old 2009-05-15, 02:12   Link #295
blewin

Did he get his mind wiped? I thought they left it unclear in the manga because of the implication (Mikage....).

There aren't enough materials in the manga to make a 26 ep anime... IMHO. That's why they're dragging it out in the anime, no?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 18:57   Link #296
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Did he get his mind wiped? I thought they left it unclear in the manga because of the implication (Mikage....).

There aren't enough materials in the manga to make a 26 ep anime... IMHO. That's why they're dragging it out in the anime, no?
The first time he did, the specific page is right here, it's a later time that Tetio avoids (a bit violently too if I remember the sequence of events right) having his memories go bye-bye.
And there are seven volumes (there are 35 chapters up on the internet and if Wikipedia is something to go by there are still a few more to go before we get caught up) so I think that is enough. Maybe not quite since we seem to be the middle of an arc, but sometimes the manga-ka will tell the studio some of the future plot so it can match up if they run out of already printed material.
Old 2009-05-16, 13:31   Link #297
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

What? Is this series only going to be 26 episodes? That's not a lot to cover what the manga has. The manga's into it's second arc right? The first 26 episode is only covering the first arc in the church? Unless they plan to skip most of the stuff in the church and go straight to the journey.

Edit: Finished watching ep. 6, Frau is just an awesome bishop!! - in so many ways. Wow, the anime is really dragging out Mikage's stay, isn't? <_<

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2009-05-16 at 15:37.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 16:58   Link #298
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, I don't actually know how long it's going to be but I can't see the anime lasting only 13 episodes so I'm guessing in the 22-26 range.
And a very nice person on livejournal scanned some 07 GHOST postcards for me which I bring to share.
Set one
Set two
Man, I want these so badly!
Old 2009-05-16, 17:19   Link #299
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Is the postcards with the very hot looking dark-purple haired guy supposed to be from Darker Than Black? Because damn that guy looks hot....
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 17:52   Link #300
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Is the postcards with the very hot looking dark-purple haired guy supposed to be from Darker Than Black? Because damn that guy looks hot....
Which scan? The first one has 07-Ghost (obviously), Fullmetal Alchemist (top right) and Pandora Hearts (bottom right). The second one has 07-Ghost (again, obviously), Pandora Hearts (bottom left and top right) and Sengoku Basara (bottom right).

I'm just going to assume you mean Raven, he's from Pandora Hearts.

Tags
fantasy