AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-15, 15:36   Link #21
marvelB

To be honest, I doubt that PH was where the two admirals fought. If it were, that much would have been pointed out by Smoker a couple chapters back. Besides, they said that the "big incident" involving PH took place four years ago, not two.....

Oh, and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Ok then...giant baby girl in the last page for next Nakama!

But it's Big Mama who has the tamatebako with her now, remember?
Old 2012-02-15, 16:19   Link #22
Valky
Radioactive

I honestly didn't expect those giant babies at the end.
Old 2012-02-15, 16:20   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But it's Big Mama who has the tamatebako with her now, remember?
Who says a giant baby can't join...as a giant baby!? Then Robin can show us her motherly side so we can go Awwwweee
Old 2012-02-15, 16:28   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Who says a giant baby can't join...as a giant baby!? Then Robin can show us her motherly side so we can go Awwwweee

I dunno.... for some reason, I can't help but think that Usopp of all people would end up mothering that baby more than either Robin OR Nami.
Old 2012-02-15, 17:08   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Eh, it seems a lot of people are convinced the head and the lower body is different samurai because "they don't have the same speech pattern, the lower body says "buh" at the end".

Let me clarify one thing, that is a possibility, but also keep in mind, "bu" is sound of fart.
It's plausable that it's just a childish joke by Oda that the lower half is literally speaking out of its ass.
Old 2012-02-15, 17:09   Link #26
golgo13

What a chapter. Everything is so new and fresh. Usopp has really good eyesight to see the face of the bird woman from that far, sogeki no shimade...

And then there were giant children. Part of the experiment or perhaps children of the scientists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Anyone think the fire/ice island is where Akainu and Aokiji duked out?

Or just a coincidence?
Thats a pretty good theory. The island divided into two that Nami imagined was reminiscent of the battle between blackbeard and ace on banaro island and especially the epic shot of their respective powers dividing the island in two.
Old 2012-02-15, 17:47   Link #27
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
To be honest, I doubt that PH was where the two admirals fought. If it were, that much would have been pointed out by Smoker a couple chapters back. Besides, they said that the "big incident" involving PH took place four years ago, not two.....
Eh, i'm not sure if smoker would have mentioned it... also its possible that ao kiji and Akainu would have chosen Punk Hazard as their battle ground BECAUSE the island was already closed off 2 years earlier. I mean afterall they would want to fight on a deserted island. Though this would beg the question, if PH wasn't close off because of its chilly/fiery climate, then for what reason WAS it closed off?
Old 2012-02-15, 18:27   Link #28
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Eh, it seems a lot of people are convinced the head and the lower body is different samurai because "they don't have the same speech pattern, the lower body says "buh" at the end".

Let me clarify one thing, that is a possibility, but also keep in mind, "bu" is sound of fart.
It's plausable that it's just a childish joke by Oda that the lower half is literally speaking out of its ass.
Well that would be weird . I sort of imagined the samurai speaking using his detached mouth and his voice being heard everywhere his other body parts are (thanks to some whibbly wobbly DF stuff, like how Brook can speak without vocal cords )....
Old 2012-02-15, 18:40   Link #29
gazawraith

You think It's Buggy? somehow developed his powers kinda late in his game to dice people up? (unsure about the detached voice) As far as it sounds to me it kinda would make sense but I'm sceptical, just throwing up theories
Old 2012-02-15, 19:59   Link #30
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 657
That was a pretty good chapter. The further this chapter gets the weird it gets. Harpy, dragons, pirates, marines, people cut into pieces, and still talking. Kinda interesting. Pretty cool that not much can hold the Straw hats anymore. I wonder if Brooks will find the mid section. Kinda weird but Robbin and Zorro are like the parents in that group.
Old 2012-02-15, 21:18   Link #31
yakumo-chan

Quote:

The strange thing is, how the hell that the lower body could talk???
Old 2012-02-15, 21:34   Link #32
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

What part of "out of its ass" is confusing to you?
Old 2012-02-15, 22:14   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

That guy says nothing but crap all day.

There...my obligatory ass joke...
Old 2012-02-15, 23:24   Link #34
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
That woman... I'm tied between two themes for her... her face says Harpy theme... but for some reason I'm thinking Angel too...

Odds are a Zoan with either one of those themes. Though... with Pell, the powers are limited...
Old 2012-02-16, 00:12   Link #35
Undertaker

Speaking of mystical creature, maybe that was the experiment that was going on in the island. The WG might be experimenting with Awaken State Zoan, or even replicating Mystic Zoan power.

Also, last chapter people are talking about the Shikibukai being either Law or Buggy. Consider the way the head is I'm leaning toward Buggy since Law's ability doesn't seem to have that fine a control that allow him to slash up a head into pieces...

BTW, Nami and the Samurai's conversation is hilarious, he reminds me of Paulie a little bit.
Old 2012-02-16, 08:05   Link #36
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
That woman... I'm tied between two themes for her... her face says Harpy theme... but for some reason I'm thinking Angel too...
An Angel DF? That would be the absolute awesomeness

If it turns out to be true, then her power could be quite broken: devine intervention, heavenly shield, healing, blessing, flight, resurrection, sanctuary etc. Only her presence in a hell-like environment would be somehow contradictory, to me it seems like a token of ultimate decadence.
Old 2012-02-16, 08:20   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Anyone think the fire/ice island is where Akainu and Aokiji duked out?

Or just a coincidence?
I think this island is more likely to be a former test site of Vegapunk. We know one of his goal is to change the climate of his homeland and that there used to be a World Government base on this island. Punk Hazard might have been a winter island that he turned into half a blazing hell after messing up big time.

Quote:

Oh lol. That's totally something Oda would do. I was thinking the head and the lower body could be different persons too, but now I guess not.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:14   Link #38
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:

There...my obligatory ass joke...
LOL

Quote:

that's an interesting piece of information. bu is the sound of a fart, eh? lol
Old 2012-02-16, 10:57   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Eh, i'm not sure if smoker would have mentioned it... also its possible that ao kiji and Akainu would have chosen Punk Hazard as their battle ground BECAUSE the island was already closed off 2 years earlier. I mean afterall they would want to fight on a deserted island. Though this would beg the question, if PH wasn't close off because of its chilly/fiery climate, then for what reason WAS it closed off?

Well, if not Smoker, then somebody in his group (like Tashigi). But my main point was that if PH really were the admirals' battleground, then I'd think that at least a good majority of the marine personnel would have known the location of their battlefield. But Smoker nor any of his subordinates said anything about the admiral fight, so I'm led to believe otherwise. Besides, if what I said about PH being like OP's Chernobyl is true, then I'd highly doubt that those guys would want to fight on an island where they'd risk getting radiation poisoning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Speaking of mystical creature, maybe that was the experiment that was going on in the island. The WG might be experimenting with Awaken State Zoan, or even replicating Mystic Zoan power.
That's definitely an interesting idea. In fact, I think I even brought up the possibility of the dragon being a mutant in the last chapter thread, so maybe the harpy woman and those giant kids could all be mutants, as well. In fact, this may even explain where all those freaky beasts from Impel Down came from (like the basilisk, sphinx, etc.)....

Quote:

Boy, would that be hilarious if that were true. And to think that someone pointed out during the last chapter that the "bu" could come from the same "bu" as "bushido"!

I'm still sort of doubting that Buggy or Law are responsible for splitting apart the samurai, though. There's definitely a strong possibility that it's either of their doing, certainly, but there's also still the chance that this may not even be the work of a DF power at all, and could just be another of the island's bizarre "experiments" at work here.....

Oh, and since I haven't seen anyone else bring it up already: Samurai's son for nakama!

Quote:

Yeah, he sure was a cheeky fella, wasn't he?

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-02-16 at 11:30.
Old 2012-02-16, 11:42   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think this island is more likely to be a former test site of Vegapunk. We know one of his goal is to change the climate of his homeland...
With regards to the in-bold, how do you know this?

-----

Interesting chapter we have here. As pointed out already, this storyline keeps getting more and more bizarre. While it is plausible that the shichibukai culprit could be Law or Buggy, I'm still not convinced on that matter because there's enough wild phenomena going on at PH that these strange effects could be the result of experimentation/external influences.

Really looking forward to seeing what role Brook will play in all of this. Since he's by himself right now, it's an opportune moment for him to get the spotlight.