AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 14:58   Link #621
prototype_sky

He'll need to help of everyone in that house to create a decent game .
Though he still needs to find a music composer.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:02   Link #622
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezlao View Post

Well they're doing really well with the series so far, and I would hate for this to happen later on. Also, a lot of emphasis has been put down onto how important the voice-school is for her, I mean look at how many jobs she has, I don't think they're going to bring that down just for Sorata, hopefully they'll focus on both at the same time? The character development is inevitably going to happen. I think. I hope.
I agree on this one. Its definitely that Aoyama won't give up on her dream. She even went away from home and do lots of part time job to attend school and voice-acting school. She is dead set on her goal.

The development that will occur here is just like Sorata. Aoyama isn't really talented on being a seiyu but she is still not giving up on it which Sorata admires her tenacity on her dream. Now that Sorata is doing his best too then it will be dynamic for both but the problem is Sorata is also staying in Sakurasou which will lead on Aoyama being disadvantage towards Mashiron and we know she is not the type to give up. Be it in dream or love This love triangle will be a riot but I hope it won't be ending in too much tears.
Old 2012-10-31, 16:11   Link #623
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Aoyama moving in kinda scares me,I hope they don't overdo the love triangle and she doesn't get in too big a rivalry with Mashiro,she's trying to become a seiyuu and I hope that's the aspect of her that's more developed rather than just being a romantic rival.
We're obviously not going to escape the love triangle and I'm sure we'll see plenty of drama on that front, but I don't think it will overshadow the other aspects of Aoyama's character. The same goes for Mashiro, her career as a mangaka will probably remain a major plot point.

In fact, I'm hopeful they will manage to blend everything together. That's what they've been doing so far, each characters' relationship has been greatly influenced by their talent/occupation, the most conclusive example being Misaki and Jin. If Misaki wasn't such a genius, they'd probably already be dating.
Old 2012-10-31, 16:26   Link #624
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezlao View Post
Either way, it's kind of ironic that Jin still manages to give Sorata some life advice even though they're pretty much in the same position.
Hmm, I'm not sure if what Jin offers him is advice exactly. An understanding ear (due to his own similar circumstances) certainly and someone whom Sorata can relate to, but I don't think he has given him much in terms of advices specifically (well, aside from pointing out Sorata should have complemented Mashiro's kimono looks ).

Actually I think that serious relationship advice from Jin is what Sorata needs to steer clear of. He is like a more jaded and defeated version of Sorata, unable to shake his inferiority complex to the point it seriously affects his relationships and generally in the dumps about it, making excuses, building invisible walls between himself and Misaki and essentially having given up, or so it feels.

Jin is essentially what Sorata stood a very good chance becoming, minus the playboy part, had he continued down his old path. Now that Sorata has his new-found resolve he'd better work on keeping it, lest he goes down Jin's path, which is one thing he should avoid.
Old 2012-10-31, 16:38   Link #625
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I heard the OP and ED both come out on the 21st of nov.
aw gawd whyyyyyyy
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:37   Link #626
ellessarr
Banned

Finally us find about the true problem of sorata, not was because he is around genius, but he is a generic MC with the "cliche" inferiority complex, where he is not capable to do things for himself because he think he not "skilled"(i dont say talented because for ppls with this complex is much more about miss of skills than talents) to do anything for himself and gona live a life of normal employee who need others say what he need to do, he cleared say that on the end "not was the fault of the ppls around him but himself fault of lack of confidence.

i still think this not gona be the last time he gona try to leave sakurasou, i thing near the end something gona happen to make him want leave again(like when him finally make the game), sometype of bad company guy gona say he work is very bad and this gona make him upset or maybe gona say he isbeing a burden to mashiro and the only way she gona become a sucessfull mangaka is he leaving her side

another idea i get, if mashiro manga get serialized and she start to use everything happen on sakurasou on manga even seeing Aoyama as her rivalon manga and write about her fight against her(soratagona be totally oblivius to itjust thing that "lover rival like a unreal character created by mashiro).

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-10-31 at 21:11.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:42   Link #627
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I decided to watch the remaining 3 episodes after I found the first episode (and the first few manga chapters) pretty much boring or more likely they left me simply "indifferent"/"feeling-less" aka after reading/watching episode 1 I neither liked nor hated it, but just thought "okay that was it ..."
Anyway: I'm still not too much sold on the main cast. While Mashiro has her adorable moments, I'd still prefer Aoyama as for now. Maybe I just cannot warm up to "wacky" characters Jin seems okay despite being a "playboy"-character (a type I usually don't like at all). Sorata is, on the other hand, rather hit-or-miss. While I can understand his (former) point of view of having no motivation, his perma-tsukkomi moments weren't funny for me. And the dorm lady seems pretty useless. I haven't seen her contribute anything so far, unless you count introducing Mashiro to the dorm members.

Back to the actual episodes: I felt quite indifferent about the first two episodes and have mostly forgotten what happened there.
Episode 3 was in that regard better. I felt sad for Misaki during the "love hotel"-drama part (and I dislike drama in general, unless it's done well). I could complain about Sorata just letting her run away, but I think even if he had stopped her there wouldn't be much he could have done for her (+ his concern for Mashiro outweighted it indirectly, I think). I liked how Mashiro set him verbally straight at the end.
Episode 4: Even for a - in general - dense main protagonist, praising a girl in kimono(/swimming suit) is common sense, so it was somewhat rare to see that Sorata failed at it. Yet it was common to see the main chara wondering for what the "baka" was . Secondly, Mashiro's first signs of emotions were done really well, like her surprised/shocked expresson and pressed the sketchbook at her when Sorata talked about moving out. And let's not forget about her smile at the end . Other than that? Nice to see that he got inspired by Mashiro to find a path to pursue.

@the idea of love triangle drama with Mashiro and Aoyama: I detest even the thought of it. Yes, I openly admit that I cannot stand love triangle dramas at all. 99 % of them, which I read and watched, have been done terribly and dragged out that it was painful in the wrong way.
Old 2012-11-01, 02:30   Link #628
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Sorry to bring back the previous episode, but since I watched it today, I have to ask what the hell was Jin talking about near the end of the episode... both legal and illegal subs were extremely reserved in their interpretation of what Jin actually said.

Anyway, overall, there is way too much melodrama over the trivial matters, while the more dramatic relationships are treated fleetingly, if not comically with very few exceptions which feel (to me) completely out of place.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 05:02   Link #629
SidVicious
Anime addict

Not enough Hikari.
Old 2012-11-01, 05:16   Link #630
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Not enough Hikari.
Don't worry, the truth is the real love triangle is Hikari x Sorata x Mashiro.

Hence her aggressive stance against Mashiro in the first episode
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 06:34   Link #631
starlol

I like Nanohanasou. Wish they make it real.
Since they found owner for 5 of the cats, Sakurasou only left 2 cats or?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't worry, the truth is the real love triangle is Hikari x Sorata x Mashiro.

Hence her aggressive stance against Mashiro in the first episode
Poor Aoyama
Old 2012-11-01, 06:48   Link #632
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Sorry to bring back the previous episode, but since I watched it today, I have to ask what the hell was Jin talking about near the end of the episode... both legal and illegal subs were extremely reserved in their interpretation of what Jin actually said.
On what part or what scene are you talking about? is it the scene where Sorata and Jin talking in the phone?
Old 2012-11-01, 07:10   Link #633
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
What are the odds Sorata would pick up more for his cat harem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
On what part or what scene are you talking about? is it the scene where Sorata and Jin talking in the phone?
Probably the most controversial part, where if Jin sees Misaki like that he'll....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 08:42   Link #634
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If Sorata has managed to pick up that many cats in his short stay he probably will pick up more in no time flat. Besides Hikari has enough personality to make up for the lower numbers .
Old 2012-11-01, 09:21   Link #635
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Probably the most controversial part, where if Jin sees Misaki like that he'll....
Yes, particularly the way he is thinking of Misaki. Leaving the one country official interpretation aside (since we are not allowed to discuss what was actually said in the anime here), Jin's treatment of Misaki is very interesting if stripped of the silly gimmicks. I hope the anime pays more attention there (whether loyally or not to the source material), and not wrap up everything in one episode.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:12   Link #636
Insane
Banned

Somehow i felt that this story had ended in eps 4. So, what's still left for the rest of 20 episodes?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:19   Link #637
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Somehow i felt that this story had ended in eps 4. So, what's still left for the rest of 20 episodes?
I guess Nanami's backstory, her days with the MC (pre-Mashiro) a lot of melodrama about their triangle... and I hope Jin X Misaki drama (more than one episode, but more balanced treatment, even as a side-plot).
Old 2012-11-01, 11:59   Link #638
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
That's pretty standard light novel structure -- the first book is always a standalone so if the series flops there won't be any disappointed readers. And if it's a success, the writer comes up with some new complication for the sequels. (See also: Sword Art Online)
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:18   Link #639
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Yes, particularly the way he is thinking of Misaki. Leaving the one country official interpretation aside (since we are not allowed to discuss what was actually said in the anime here), Jin's treatment of Misaki is very interesting if stripped of the silly gimmicks. I hope the anime pays more attention there (whether loyally or not to the source material), and not wrap up everything in one episode.
ah that part where Jin said
Spoiler:

that particular scene was discussed before already if you tried to looked at previews post. And the most likely translation is indeed what I put in the spoiler.

Jin is like Sorata too. He tried his best to become worth of Misaki but he failed and now he is just at the sideline being a playboy and making Misaki cry I wish the story will dwell more on this and further the development.

I wonder too if Sorata will become like him. Tried his best but failed but still at least Jin is not quitting yet but his approach towards Misaki is something I don't approve. I don't like it when the girl are getting hurt.

Which makes me question which is better a harem or love triangle.

I can't pick between the two but I prefer the drama of love triangle than harem but maybe it depends on how the story works. But its sad because in the end there will be only one girl. Unless they decide to leave it like that which is I'm not much of a fan of that kind of ending.

I think using SAO as an example is not good since its a web novel turn novel. It has a set story on it already per arc.

While most of the light novel that start have a format that has a good and closure story for first volume. Its not entirely true because there are some works that even in first volume. The second volume and further volume are already mentioned or planned. Its the type of series that are entirely planned as a series and not a one shot with a hit or miss.

And I think Sakurasou isn't the type that is been planned for one shot but a series. The series is just starting so there is more to it and Sorata is just starting to go for his goal. There are more to it. He either fail or succeed.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:56   Link #640
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
ah that part where Jin said
Spoiler:

that particular scene was discussed before already if you tried to looked at previews post. And the most likely translation is indeed what I put in the spoiler.
To be precise...
Spoiler for Jin's second sentence:
That is way more messy and forced then the above that some fansubbers used, and almost irrelevant to the official interpretation... especially when one considers the context it was said. My guess is that CR is using their Jinrui translator who prefers to interpret like the popular fansubbers... not that it is wrong, all three versions point to the shame intended of action, the difference is in the emotional impact each one carries.

Quote:
Jin is like Sorata too. He tried his best to become worth of Misaki but he failed and now he is just at the sideline being a playboy and making Misaki cry I wish the story will dwell more on this and further the development.
Assuming this part of the anime's story does consistently unfold, I doubt that Jin has a simplistic personality like Sorata. He is not just jealous of Misaki, because she is more successful (for examples he doesn't want to rape Mashiro). He also came close to snapping, when a baby was about to touch Misaki's breast during Tanabata (4th episode). These point more to a grooming/training behavior towards her, which does not work out anymore the way he wanted it to and/or he has strong moral inhibitions about this... probably the later (considering the presentation this far and the anime writer's previous works), plus for the former there is no way to broadcast it on public TV and the anime writer lacks the skill to handle such a mature development.

Quote:
I wonder too if Sorata will become like him. Tried his best but failed but still at least Jin is not quitting yet but his approach towards Misaki is something I don't approve. I don't like it when the girl are getting hurt.

Which makes me question which is better a harem or love triangle.

I can't pick between the two but I prefer the drama of love triangle than harem but maybe it depends on how the story works. But its sad because in the end there will be only one girl. Unless they decide to leave it like that which is I'm not much of a fan of that kind of ending.

I think using SAO as an example is not good since its a web novel turn novel. It has a set story on it already per arc.

While most of the light novel that start have a format that has a good and closure story for first volume. Its not entirely true because there are some works that even in first volume. The second volume and further volume are already mentioned or planned. Its the type of series that are entirely planned as a series and not a one shot with a hit or miss.

And I think Sakurasou isn't the type that is been planned for one shot but a series. The series is just starting so there is more to it and Sorata is just starting to go for his goal. There are more to it. He either fail or succeed.
Nah, I think it's leaning towards Toradora-like treatment (both LN and anime), and not the shounen approach.

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life