AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 04:48   Link #81
blade82

the girls are so cute but all of them are in Naoki's harem?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 01:48   Link #82
kobester11

I thought IMS dropped it... Oh well
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 04:19   Link #83
larethian

^ no, it's because I'm delaying it. Are yall really dying to read the manga? I don't really see the demand though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 04:51   Link #84
tsunade666

thanks for the summary Lare. if the novel isn't being translated anymore then ... well I will wait. Its a normal thing anyway maybe I should read some summaries (if there are any) because I'm not familiar with the other character. I only read the translation from bt and the manga. (Maybe I should look into the thread if there are any summary)
Old 2013-02-19, 19:24   Link #85
hdt545

I loved toradora and picked up the LN series. Right now I am waiting for the 6th volume to arrive (should be here by friday). I am anxious to see how the plot develops from before. Hopefully more people would be intrested in series now that some chapers have been released in manga.

I can understand about 95% of what's written in the novel despite only studying for half a year. I don't feel too comfortable trying to fully translate the LN just yet. I could try writing summaries instead if people are intrested. IIRC there are no summaries out apart from the short one of volume 4 and more extensive one of volume 5 written in here.
hdt545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:46   Link #86
larethian

Finally read v6. It was a very interesting volume. And, drama CD has been green-lit.
Old 2013-03-18, 02:54   Link #87
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Finally read v6. It was a very interesting volume. And, drama CD has been green-lit.
Interesting you say? Are there some developments or something?
Old 2013-04-25, 01:44   Link #88
kobester11

There's gonna be an anime of this, I'm sure of it...

Can someone put some summaries? >.<
Old 2013-04-25, 01:50   Link #89
larethian

To be honest, I rather not have an anime. With the amount of love comedies getting adapted, this will flunk sales targets for sure.

And volume 6 has some unnecessary pandering by adding another potential love interest (Nee-san archetype) and making Akari more brocon than ever. I rather the dynamics be kept between Naoki and the trio: Momo, Midori and Azuki. However, the development was still very entertaining.

Next volume, we will have Naoki playing snow white in school festival and Midori playing prince

Despite having Toradora vibes, this a very mediocre LN, but its entertainment value is no doubt high if you are very into the Otaku culture.

I don't feel like doing summaries because I'm already translating the manga.
Old 2013-04-25, 02:48   Link #90
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll just say this story is pretty bland for being made into an anime series.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 05:49   Link #91
tsunade666

Quote:
I rather the dynamics be kept between Naoki and the trio: Momo, Midori and Azuki. However, the development was still very entertaining.
What's the current relationship status between Naoki and the 3 girls?
Old 2013-04-25, 12:36   Link #92
kobester11

Quote:
To be honest, I rather not have an anime. With the amount of love comedies getting adapted, this will flunk sales targets for sure.
But whenever I see this series, it just screams "Please animate me!" With the right director and screenwriter, anything can sell...sometimes

Quote:
I don't feel like doing summaries because I'm already translating the manga.
In the recent raw, they're in the volleyball match now right?
Old 2013-04-26, 04:43   Link #93
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll just say this story is pretty bland for being made into an anime series.
I would disagree on that. Well, most of the love comedy series will be mediocre in my book (w.r.t. writing and plot) with a few exceptions, but the entertainment value for the less 'novel' stories will differ based on the execution of the story.

Spoiler for TLDR: nope, I don’t think it’s bland, not in the slightest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What's the current relationship status between Naoki and the 3 girls?
It's hinted that Momo is getting more conscious of her growing feelings for Naoki, but in denial.

Azuki pretty much fell for Naoki after volume 2. She took the initiative and asked him out for a date, which he left in the middle to save Momo. This led her to believe that Naoki was interested in Momo and she began avoiding him. Thereafter, the 'misunderstanding' was cleared up and she went back to taking the initiative again.

For Midori, the first 'major' interaction was in v1, after the karaoke, when Naoki thanked her for coming. In v2 (IIRC), she was left out during pairing in art class, and Naoki paired up with her, where they are supposed to draw portraits of each other. This was the second interaction. Following that, we had the fireworks viewing at summer festival, though I can't remember whether it was Naoki who invited her or Momo (i think it was Naoki but I can't be sure). Then, later, Midori invited Naoki to the school festival of her best friend in another high school, to get ideas what to do for their own school festival. It was then revealed through her close friend that Naoki was probably the first friend Midori made in high school. Midori is definitely warming up to Naoki but I do not think there are any romantic feelings yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
But whenever I see this series, it just screams "Please animate me!" With the right director and screenwriter, anything can sell...sometimes

In the recent raw, they're in the volleyball match now right?
Errrhh, sorry, what volleyball match? Are you sure we are talking about the same series?

EDIT: Oh, you are talking about the manga, I haven't have time to look at chapter 9 and beyond yet. 8 should be released soon. I'm on business trip now until next week. Probably won't be watching any anime till I'm back. I'm getting busier again.
Old 2013-04-26, 05:14   Link #94
tsunade666

Quote:

It's hinted that Momo is getting more conscious of her growing feelings for Naoki, but in denial.

Azuki pretty much fell for Naoki after volume 2. She took the initiative and asked him out for a date, which he left in the middle to save Momo. This led her to believe that Naoki was interested in Momo and she began avoiding him. Thereafter, the 'misunderstanding' was cleared up and she went back to taking the initiative again.

For Midori, the first 'major' interaction was in v1, after the karaoke, when Naoki thanked her for coming. In v2 (IIRC), she was left out during pairing in art class, and Naoki paired up with her, where they are supposed to draw portraits of each other. This was the second interaction. Following that, we had the fireworks viewing at summer festival, though I can't remember whether it was Naoki who invited her or Momo (i think it was Naoki but I can't be sure). Then, later, Midori invited Naoki to the school festival of her best friend in another high school, to get ideas what to do for their own school festival. It was then revealed through her close friend that Naoki was probably the first friend Midori made in high school. Midori is definitely warming up to Naoki but I do not think there are any romantic feelings yet.
Wow. You put a lot of your thoughts there Lare though I didn't read it yet.

What happen in vol 02 that makes Azuki interested on Naoki?

Midori is a slow paced development but does Naoki still love her? because if this story has toradorish in it then at some point. Naoki should start noticing Momo?

What are the feeling of Naoki at the moment for the girls?

EDIT:

After reading your thoughts about the work. You put a lot of effort on it if you ask me or at least it shows on what you like about the work.

If you ask me, Naoki is a nice guy

Spoiler for thoughts:

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-04-26 at 05:40.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 07:41   Link #95
larethian

Well, I'm just trying to be objective. And part of the reason why I'm TLing the manga is because of an agreement i want to keep. I enjoy it as much as i enjoy the other romcoms I'm reading. Why i look forward to it is because of the toradora vibes
Old 2013-04-26, 08:00   Link #96
tsunade666

agreement? with the group doing the manga?

toradora.... hmmm
Momo = Taiga
Midori = Minori
Azuki = Ami

toradoraish?
Old 2013-04-29, 06:12   Link #97
kobester11

Having read what you wrote lare, i was enlightened.
A perfect example would be Oregairu. That LN has great reviews, it showcases quirky character interactions, issues in society and etc. It became so famous that the MC even made it into 4th place of being the most popular character in the LN category. Normally, this would be suitable of being an anime, with it's hit novel I'm sure it's gonna be the next toradora/haruhi in the recent years.

Then the anime came, having read the novels it's pretty much "okay" for me. But for some people, some have positive reviews but mostly they have negative reviews of it.
Long story short, some LN/manga can't be adapted to another. Sometimes, things are just fine on just the way they already are.
Old 2013-05-06, 01:14   Link #98
PerfectScore

I predict that Naoki is going to get really close to Midori, but she finds Momo cosplaying (activating Midori's otaku hating nature), thus Naoki seeing how much of a bitch Midori is, and abandons her (for Momo, but I'm shipping for Azuki). Aside from that, does anyone have any updates on the new volume?

Last edited by PerfectScore; 2013-05-09 at 01:09.
PerfectScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:51   Link #99
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post

Then the anime came, having read the novels it's pretty much "okay" for me. But for some people, some have positive reviews but mostly they have negative reviews of it.
Long story short, some LN/manga can't be adapted to another. Sometimes, things are just fine on just the way they already are.
I haven't watched the anime yet of oregairu but I'm downloading it. I'm also not familiar with the novel of it but I heard its good. I read the manga but its only 3 or 4 chapter yet when I last check.

From what I gather on the adaptation. It looks like Hachiman is lacking in his quirk. The selling points of that series isn't captured as a whole by the studio. I gather that shaft would do good at that type of series.

It probably depends on the studio on how good the adaptation would be. Some of the light novel adaptation that I watched are horrible bad that its funny but still I detest it as an adaptation. While some studio do good on it and they do justify the work. So it all ends with the staff and studio doing the job.
Old 2013-06-24, 08:50   Link #100
larethian

Drama CD cast:
Naoki : shimazaki nobunaga
Momo : yamamoto nozomi
Midori : saitou chiwa
Azuki : fukuen misato
murasaki : harada hitomi
Suzuki : kishio daisuke

Tags
ecchi, harem