AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 21:27   Link #2321
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Okay, I've finished translating the descriptions of the manga Oz characters, so I'll put them up here as well.

Spoiler for Manga Oz Character Description Trans:

EDIT: Corrected "Zivon" and made it "Zevon", as in the post before.

EDIT 2: Changed "Mariebell" to "Maribelle" since that is apparently the proper spelling of the name.

EDIT 3: Corrected ship name from "Grandberry" to "Granberry".

Spoiler for Reaction:

Last edited by Eternal Dreamer; 2012-06-01 at 15:29.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:54   Link #2322
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Mecha Descriptions and Chapter Summaries

Well, since I'm already on a translating spree right now , I went to the Oz website and translated some of the details posted there. First is the mecha descriptions of the Byakuen and Lancelot Grail.

Spoiler for Byakuen:

Spoiler for Lancelot Grail:

Not much detail, unfortunately, though I'm interested in finding out what this experimental weapon of the Lancelot is. (Though the lack of MVS confuses me, since an earlier image of it facing the Byakuen clearly shows it holding the swords. )

Also, the website apparently has short summaries for each current chapter. Since they seem pretty small and easy, I think I'll upload translations of them here from now on. The images that go with are from the summaries on the site as well. (Unfortunately, I missed getting the summary of the manga's prologue, but since it seems to be more of a recount of what happened in R1 from what I gather, I don't think it matters much.)

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 1 Summary:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Novel Ch 1 Summary:
Old 2012-06-01, 12:05   Link #2323
wredsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
We will never get it. We hardly get anything good from Bamco aside from when they bring Tales of over. So all we can do is dream unless you can read kanji enough to get by.
well one can only hope and pray ...
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 07:41   Link #2324
gordol
Banned

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:20   Link #2325
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

any details or something???
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 07:33   Link #2326
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Oz Manga Chapter 2 Summary

Okay, the details for the second Oz manga chapter have been posted on the website, as well as new character profiles on the other members of the Glinda Knights.

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 2 Summary:

According to the Akito website, Petersburg was a city that the EU lost to Britannia at the start of the upcoming OVA; since this occurs after that, I assume the city is still under Britannian control. (It's interesting to see how the two series overlap in ways like this.)

Last edited by Eternal Dreamer; 2012-06-10 at 08:34.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:14   Link #2327
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Oz Manga Chapter 1 Summary (Revised)

Also, it appears that the summary of the first chapter has been revised and improved along with the addition of the second chapter (just noticed it), so I'll post that here as well.

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 1 Summary (Revised):
Old 2012-06-10, 09:06   Link #2328
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Okay, the details for the second Oz manga chapter have been posted on the website, as well as new character profiles on the other members of the Glinda Knights.

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 2 Summary:

According to the Akito website, Petersburg was a city that the EU lost to Britannia at the start of the upcoming OVA; since this occurs after that, I assume the city is still under Britannian control. (It's interesting to see how the two series overlap in ways like this.)
Spoiler for geography:

^ So where do they come from?
Old 2012-06-10, 09:12   Link #2329
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

My guess is that, after leaving the American continent and crossing the Atlantic ocean, they first arrived at the Britannian territories in the south (since most of the Europe in the north is either under EU control or is a battlefield), and then intend to go north towards Petersburg. (They can't just go through enemy territory, after all, so the route likely involves a lot of zig-zagging over the continent. These guys are anti-terrorist unit, not front-line soldiers, after all)
Old 2012-06-10, 09:51   Link #2330
konart

I see. We'll finally see how this

Spoiler for 2017 map:

became this
Spoiler for 2018 map:
Old 2012-06-14, 05:02   Link #2331
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I see. We'll finally see how this

Spoiler for 2017 map:

became this
Spoiler for 2018 map:
True. I would think that the new Code Geass OVA would fill the gap of what was going on in the world while Lelouch lost his memories after the defeat of the Black Rebellion.

It was said that Code Geass R2 was to have taken place in 2017 rather than 2018 from where the cliffhanger between Lelouch x Suzaku had left off.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:12   Link #2332
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Umm, just to clarify, the OVA happens at the same time as R1, so it probably won't fill in much from the time gap.

Also, we were talking about the new Oz manga/photo story, not the OVA, as the manga takes place right after the Black Rebellion. Since the characters there will be traveling all over the world, the story will probably show a lot of information that never appeared in the anime.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:17   Link #2333
rinichan

so OZ is canon? i mean connected to R1 R2 and Akito?
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:34   Link #2334
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
so OZ is canon? i mean connected to R1 R2 and Akito?
Yes. It's like how Gundam has canon manga spin offs.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:37   Link #2335
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
became this
Spoiler for 2018 map:
To be honest, that particular map was shown after the defeat of the E.U. and the rise of the UFN, both of which were events that happened during the course of R2 (even if the first of them mostly took place off-screen, apparently around the time of the China arc or so). It doesn't really apply to the year 2018 as a whole.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 12:18   Link #2336
Bern-san

The countries in white what do they mean?
Old 2012-06-14, 12:28   Link #2337
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
To be honest, that particular map was shown after the defeat of the E.U. and the rise of the UFN, both of which were events that happened during the course of R2 (even if the first of them mostly took place off-screen, apparently around the time of the China arc or so). It doesn't really apply to the year 2018 as a whole.
Quote:
And that's way I've posted it. Akito + Oz might give us a more detailed picture of the events.

Quote:
The countries in white what do they mean?
Neutral
Old 2012-06-25, 06:18   Link #2338
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Oz Photo Story Chapter 2 Summary

Alright, the new summary for the photo story's latest chapter has been added to the Oz website, as well as an extended summary of the first chapter. Here they are:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 1 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 2 Summary:

It seems that Orpheus finally met Oldrin in the last chapter, though he has yet to realize who she really is. In any case, I wonder what the new weapon shown in the image is? It looks like he just "punched" the other frame, but I get the feeling there is more to it, than that.

Small note: Also, it seems the character profile for the other photo story characters have been added to the website, but no new information has come up.
Old 2012-06-25, 15:52   Link #2339
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Alright, the new summary for the photo story's latest chapter has been added to the Oz website, as well as an extended summary of the first chapter. Here they are:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 1 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 2 Summary:

It seems that Orpheus finally met Oldrin in the last chapter, though he has yet to realize who she really is. In any case, I wonder what the new weapon shown in the image is? It looks like he just "punched" the other frame, but I get the feeling there is more to it, than that.

Small note: Also, it seems the character profile for the other photo story characters have been added to the website, but no new information has come up.
I think the weapon is something like a claw. Like the one Gundam Kyrios had in G00
Old 2012-06-25, 16:10   Link #2340
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

But so far, the only close range weapons that the Byakuen is known to have have is its two "scissor blades" and its drill. The way the Sutherland is being hit in the image, however, looks like neither of those to me. (Though, I suppose he may be cutting the frame with the scissors. That might explain the sparks on both sides of the Sutherland's body.)

Tags
drama, mecha