AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-24, 08:18   Link #61
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfD
Ahh, ok. See I was going by the fact that TW has only subbed up to chapter 156 (I think), and I was under the impression that they were fairly close to being current with the manga chapters (like inAne is with the Naruto manga).
Yeah, I guessed that's what caused your mistake. I've been reading manga-section's version since they're already up to chapter 190 or something. Although I like the TW's version a little better.

edit: I really hope that story about a third OVA series is true. (even though I still have some doubts) I think they should at least finish up the Greed Island arc, there are some great fights in it at the end. (also Hisoka shows up again!)

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2003-11-24 at 08:46.
Old 2003-11-24, 18:40   Link #62
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
OK i finally finsihed watching all of HxH and i have to say the ending was a dissapointment,although those last few eps wiht Kurpica kicking some ass were pretty cool.Please tell me that the 16 ova(8 unknown title, and 8 Greed Island) clear upsome of the stuff,Slight spoilers are welcome,but heavy spoilers are not.
Old 2003-11-24, 18:47   Link #63
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyWise
OK i finally finsihed watching all of HxH and i have to say the ending was a dissapointment,although those last few eps wiht Kurpica kicking some ass were pretty cool.Please tell me that the 16 ova(8 unknown title, and 8 Greed Island) clear upsome of the stuff,Slight spoilers are welcome,but heavy spoilers are not.
The end of the series is NOT the end of the story, the series continues via the OVAs
Old 2003-11-24, 20:44   Link #64
|Aion|
Hajime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
The end of the series is NOT the end of the story, the series continues via the OVAs
Well I know that,im asking if alot of the questions raised by the end of the TV series,are answered within the ovas
Old 2003-11-24, 21:02   Link #65
NenMaster

u will need to read the manga, the story isnt complete by a long shot

fav charater is hisoka, he owns, evil, strong, and ruthless when he wants to be, and he is very mysterios
i wouldnt mind seeing more from lerio was strong at the start and now he is the weakest
Old 2003-11-24, 23:00   Link #66
NinjaServ

heh, why do people always say "READ THE MANGA READ THE MANGA".....

some of use don't LIKE to read the manga and find the show to be more entertaining (yes, i KNOW the manga contains more info, i don't really give a crap about that...) they will make more into a OVA soon enough, no need to rush

**PS, just state the story is not finished, it is a obvious that the manga has more in it :P**
Old 2003-11-25, 03:31   Link #67
Spyre
"Soon"

HxH is not licensed. The manga goes much farther than the Anime does.

The reason the anime stopped is beacuse the mangaka got sick and greatly slowed down his manga release schedule. So instead of making up material for the anime to continue (like they did for kenshin iirc) they instead respectfully decided to stop the anime series, later releasing OVA's for parts as they're written. There so far have been 2 OVA's, dealing with the York Shin auctions, and Greed Island.

Its not being subbed right now because there are no new OVA's that are coming out. Hope this clears some stuff up
Old 2003-11-25, 06:06   Link #68
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
HxH is not licensed. The manga goes much farther than the Anime does.

The reason the anime stopped is beacuse the mangaka got sick and greatly slowed down his manga release schedule. So instead of making up material for the anime to continue (like they did for kenshin iirc) they instead respectfully decided to stop the anime series, later releasing OVA's for parts as they're written. There so far have been 2 OVA's, dealing with the York Shin auctions, and Greed Island.

Its not being subbed right now because there are no new OVA's that are coming out. Hope this clears some stuff up
Correct, the OVAs should just be seen as a continuation of the the TV episodes. What happens in the first OVA episode happens right after the last TV episode. The OVAs do answer some of the questions raised in the TV series, but start a new story arc as well. But in short, you can't say you've seen the 'end' of HxH when you haven't seen the OVAs yet.
Old 2003-11-25, 11:45   Link #69
NenMaster

i say read the manga because u will be waiting 6months+ for the ovas and if u can wait for them thats fine.
and if u dont want to see what happens thats fine as well.
Old 2003-11-25, 13:10   Link #70
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

well he said the ending sucked, the series follows the manga so if you want to know the real ending read the manga. Besides, since the manga couldn't keep up they decided to end the tv series and do ovas instead, so find the ovas or wait for them if you don't like the manga
Old 2003-11-25, 19:46   Link #71
a_nevels666

3rd Hunter x Hunter OVA confirmed

Great news!

The 3rd Hunter x Hunter OVA has been confirmed
official japanese site:

http://www.hunter-ova.com

7 DVDs with (I think) 2 episodes per DVD so 14 episodes in total.

The first DVD will be out on 18-2-2004 and then about one DVD a month.

It's called "OVA HUNTER×HUNTER G・I Final" so I guess this OVA series will finish up the Greed Island story arc.

Which is great since the second OVA only had the setup for Greed Island and some training, not all the great stuff at the end (The Bombers/Laser etc...)

I can't wait.
Old 2003-11-25, 19:48   Link #72
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

wOOO! Exciting!
Old 2003-11-25, 19:50   Link #73
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
well he said the ending sucked, the series follows the manga so if you want to know the real ending read the manga. Besides, since the manga couldn't keep up they decided to end the tv series and do ovas instead, so find the ovas or wait for them if you don't like the manga
The 3rd OVA has been confirmed, see my other thread about it.
Old 2003-11-25, 22:34   Link #74
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Sweeeeeeettttt
Old 2003-11-26, 00:12   Link #75
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Sweet indeed...indeed. Should be awesome, I mean, I cant stop reading the manga its so good
Old 2003-11-26, 00:20   Link #76
|Aion|
Hajime

YAY!!! I just finsihed Greed Island recently,and i did not like they way it ended off at all,plus im kinda curious on how Biskey(think thats how you spell it) she molds killua and gon
Old 2003-11-26, 01:39   Link #77
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyWise
YAY!!! I just finsihed Greed Island recently,and i did not like they way it ended off at all,plus im kinda curious on how Biskey(think thats how you spell it) she molds killua and gon
Well, lets put it this way. If you thought those two kids were scary before she got her hands on them, when she is done with their basic training, they are litteral monsters in their own right
Old 2003-11-26, 02:28   Link #78
|Aion|
Hajime

more badass then Kurpica in red-eye mode,he totally kicks ass when red eye is in effect
Old 2003-11-26, 03:44   Link #79
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

can't wait to watch the bomber guy. some funny stuff right there
Old 2003-11-26, 05:40   Link #80
SnakeBite

omg, almost lost a load there

Gon is my favorite character, can't wait to see him in action
Closed Thread