~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
On the outside and the inside.
you hit the nail there lightbringer
Old 2010-09-30, 08:37   Link #1044
oompa loompa

and another thursday passes ( its passed here at least) without my shiki dose. balls in a bakery i tell you.

Im really interested to see where the story goes from here. What are the chances that its going to make a U-turn and Natsuno is going to completely fade out of being the main character? I like the idea of the other two being the protagonists, there are far too many 16 year protagonists anyways imho.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 12:02   Link #1045
lightbringer
M9000

I think Shiki is blessed in this regard since we actually have two thinking adults trying to figure out what the hell is going on. If you are really curious about where the story is going you can always check out the manga though. In Japan it's up to chapter 34 or so.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:39   Link #1046
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Im really interested to see where the story goes from here. What are the chances that its going to make a U-turn and Natsuno is going to completely fade out of being the main character? I like the idea of the other two being the protagonists, there are far too many 16 year protagonists anyways imho.
haha i think the chances are pretty close to 0.

I dont think that priest is gonna be much help as he seems to side with the vampires atleast for now anyway
Old 2010-09-30, 15:55   Link #1047
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I dont think that priest is gonna be much help as he seems to side with the vampires atleast for now anyway
Seishin has shown no signs of siding with the vampires. He's just conflicted at this point, regarding his position with Sunako.
Old 2010-09-30, 17:20   Link #1048
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post

I dont think he's siding with Sunako. Like Shiro said he's conflicted, he's formed this relationship with her and now has issues with that relationship. He's now Toshio longer so in the end (if he doesnt get bit) Im sure he'll side with Toshio, really though he needs to come to terms with what Sunako is and how it will affect everything. My only conern with him and Toshio is Sei's reaction to what Toshio said he'd do if he caught a vamp and from the prev of 12 it looks like that might happen.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 04:46   Link #1049
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I find Sunako a really interesting character especially with how much of a "teacher" role she's taken between Seishin and herself. She has actually said wise things and I enjoyed her talk about death and how it is impartial. Something tells me her position in the Shiki situation is not a small one. I've juggled ideas that she might actually be the "master" if you will. Sunako is mature, socializes as an adult, and dislikes being refered to as or pointed out that she is a child. If this were the case it would make things more interesting between Seishin and Sunako.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 05:12   Link #1050
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Sunako has definitely taken up a more philosophical view on her state than any of the other shiki. She seems like she's been one the longest (or close to it), and that's given her time to reflect on why things have gone the way they have. With the last couple of episodes, I can't say any more that she retained the most "human" qualities, but she still remains the most visibly mature. I look forward to seeing what role her relationship with Seishin plays in the show's conclusion; it seems like the two of them could pull off a more thoughtful, diplomatic resolution.

Or things could all just go to hell in a handbasket between them, which would be entertaining too.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 06:47   Link #1051
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I laughed at your last sentence. I agree either way it could be really entertaining either way. I am always curious why he attempted to kill himself too. I also liked how instantly Sunako noticed what he had done. When the two have screen time together I swear I pull up closer to the computer screen.

I must say that I thought the three week wait would not cause me any such distress, but I am starting to feel it after not seeing it's release anywhere. I am getting rather antsy because I saw the next episode in the manga months ago and wonder how it translates out. However, that being as far as I read in the manga I am curious as to the rest. I am glad for 20+ episodes because I'm not a fan of squishing everything down to fit 12-13.
Old 2010-10-03, 11:14   Link #1052
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So I forget how many weeks its been already...how much longer...must.....I.....waitttt? *passes out*

Seriously though, this hiatus feels like it's been going on foreverrrrrr
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 11:16   Link #1053
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So I forget how many weeks its been already...how much longer...must.....I.....waitttt? *passes out*

Next episode will be on the 14th, if i remember correctly. Feels like it's been forever.
Old 2010-10-03, 11:20   Link #1054
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Next episode will be on the 14th, if i remember correctly. Feels like it's been forever.
It cetainly does. If the next episode (and the new OP.. AND considering the delicate delicate position the series is currently poised) doesn't blow my mind into smithereens, I will have no choice but to sacrifice a new born baby to the autumn gods.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 16:22   Link #1055
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

Totally agree. It feels like it's been forever.

Fortunately, UBW came out and now I can watch it.
Old 2010-10-03, 18:13   Link #1056
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
I am always curious why he attempted to kill himself too. I also liked how instantly Sunako noticed what he had done. When the two have screen time together I swear I pull up closer to the computer screen.
Id love to know as well. Ono Fuyumi never puts something in her works without it meaning something but as us Ghost Hunt fans know it doesnt mean she always gives clear explanations

Its almost thursday, its almost thursday, its almost thursday...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 18:53   Link #1057
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Id love to know as well. Ono Fuyumi never puts something in her works without it meaning something but as us Ghost Hunt fans know it doesnt mean she always gives clear explanations

Its almost thursday, its almost thursday, its almost thursday...
but we have to get through one thursday and then it'll be almost thursday >

And I agree, I love the sunako scenes.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 21:49   Link #1058
Yuno
Balanced Diet

It is quite the wait, but as I read the manga to this point the episode that comes out after the long wait will be quite interesting. I'm curious to see what people think of Toshio after episode 12. The wait is quite painful! However, as Orion said I have Unlimited Blade Works to rely on this week.
Old 2010-10-13, 07:08   Link #1059
PzIVf3

This 3 weeks break making this thread very quit and forgotten but tomorrow its over.

http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/15...wa_yukio-shiki
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 07:44   Link #1060
Yuno
Balanced Diet

The long wait is over, I look forward to the episode~ I have been awaiting this for far to long.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire