AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-06-09, 16:02   Link #7621
Katz

Send a message via MSN to Katz
Hi,

I decided to replay Umineko and just installed my games. I have Episode 4 and Episode 6. I was looking at Witch Hunt's site and noticed they just have the patches for Episodes 4 and 8.

I was wondering if there is a patch for 6 still around somewhere, since it looks like the Ep 8 patch only works for Episode 8.

I'll probably end up getting 8 once I get all into the game again and inevitably want to buy it, but for now I'd like to be able to play my #6 too.
Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:41   Link #7622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz View Post
I decided to replay Umineko and just installed my games. I have Episode 4 and Episode 6. I was looking at Witch Hunt's site and noticed they just have the patches for Episodes 4 and 8.
The EP6 and 7 release downloads are still enabled:
Episode 6: Windows installer, OSX installer, standalone zip
Episode 7: Windows installer, OSX installer, standalone zip
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:57   Link #7623
Katz

Send a message via MSN to Katz
Oh, thanks a lot.
Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 16:02   Link #7624
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The transcription of the conference on Saturday is available.
It will take a bit more time with Sunday, especially Nyo and I are busy with our exams so.

http://animehistory.wordpress.com/20...ranscriptions/
Old 2012-06-11, 16:06   Link #7625
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Thanks, Klash! It was an interesting read. Maybe I'll have to check out some of Edogawa Rampo's works…
Old 2012-06-13, 10:57   Link #7626
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Yeah, interesting indeed! It's always fascinating to take a peek into the thoughts of the man behind the seacat. Thanks a lot.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 10:23   Link #7627
Sigge1989

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but i don't know where else I could ask so...

I'm thinking about buying a tablet pc and begun to wonder wether or not I could play Umineko on it. I have the PC version so Ipad is out of the question but from what I have found out I won't be able to do it on a Android OS either but then there's the question if it would be a difference with a Windows 8 OS (when one is released).

Does anyone know if that could work?
Sigge1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 19:34   Link #7628
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Umineko should work on tablets running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Old 2012-06-24, 22:30   Link #7629
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

I hope this is the right place to ask this; if not sorry! ^^;

I was wondering if there are any translations of the Drama CD's released? I tried to find them on Youtube and only found one of Episode 5. I'm surprised that there are a lot of niche titles that have translated Drama CD's on Youtube but there aren't any translated of a series such as Umineko. :P
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:47   Link #7630
RandomAvatarFan

Hey quick question:
Is ONScripter supposed to keep the same aspect ratio in fullscreen or is it supposed to stretch to fit? On my old computer fullscreen used to take up the entire screen, but on my new computer there are black bars on either side of the screen. Both were widescreen computers using Windows 7, but my new computer is running 64 bit. I don't know if this matters, or if this is even the place to go with ONScripter questions.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:58   Link #7631
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Hey quick question:
Is ONScripter supposed to keep the same aspect ratio in fullscreen or is it supposed to stretch to fit? On my old computer fullscreen used to take up the entire screen, but on my new computer there are black bars on either side of the screen. Both were widescreen computers using Windows 7, but my new computer is running 64 bit. I don't know if this matters, or if this is even the place to go with ONScripter questions.
I think that is really a matter of you display settings. Try going into your display's or video card's control panel, find a tab/directory/section to adjust your desktop size, and see if there is an option to use fullscreen rather than aspect ratio. Maybe if you post your video card or information of the like, someone can give you better directions if it is indeed a matter of the display/video card.
DoktorFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 18:35   Link #7632
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

ONScripter simply outputs at whatever resolution the game is at. Whether the graphics are stretched or displayed at native aspect ratio is determined by your graphics card configuration. You may be able to change the settings via the Control Panel.

If ONScripter-EN has been compiled with RCA_SCALE, it may be possible to force widescreen by using the "widescreen" command.
Old 2012-06-25, 19:41   Link #7633
RandomAvatarFan

DoktorFunk, you were right! After messing around in the control panel I found the option to enable and disable "panel fitting". I turned it off while Umineko was in fullscreen and it stretched. When I exited the game, though, it stayed in the very low resolution. I changed the settings back, and voila, I can turn the game on and off in full widescreen and when I exit the game it goes back to the original resolution.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 17:41   Link #7634
Digi-Dragon

Hi, I've just tried playing Umineko EP 7 for the first time in a long time again, and whenever I try to save I keep getting this error:

can't open 'gloval.sav' for writing at line 309708 (*savemode_save:17)
>savegame %savedataNowNum

The line number changes based on the place I try to save it at. I'd previously installed this on a different computer, but backed it up to this one when my old laptop was failing. I did that before as well, however, with my EP 4 game to my other laptop, so I can't see what was different this time, but it's the only thing that I can think of that could be causing this problem. Can anyone help me out?
Digi-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 17:59   Link #7635
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi-Dragon View Post
Hi, I've just tried playing Umineko EP 7 for the first time in a long time again, and whenever I try to save I keep getting this error:

can't open 'gloval.sav' for writing at line 309708 (*savemode_save:17)
>savegame %savedataNowNum

The line number changes based on the place I try to save it at. I'd previously installed this on a different computer, but backed it up to this one when my old laptop was failing. I did that before as well, however, with my EP 4 game to my other laptop, so I can't see what was different this time, but it's the only thing that I can think of that could be causing this problem. Can anyone help me out?
Tried reinstalling from the disk completely?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 18:11   Link #7636
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I wonder if you can start the game up, load a save file, then delete the save folder, and then save your game. Probably won't work, though. I dunno.

Otherwise you might have to re-install… :-/
Old 2012-07-02, 20:46   Link #7637
Digi-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I wonder if you can start the game up, load a save file, then delete the save folder, and then save your game. Probably won't work, though. I dunno.

Otherwise you might have to re-install… :-/
I'll try this idea! If not, I'll reinstall. I'm trying to locate the save folder, but like I said, it's been a long time since I've played. Where's that located, usually?
Digi-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 03:57   Link #7638
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi-Dragon View Post
I'll try this idea! If not, I'll reinstall. I'm trying to locate the save folder, but like I said, it's been a long time since I've played. Where's that located, usually?
C:\ProgramData I believe. That's just off the top of my head though, might be wrong.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 07:33   Link #7639
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Either C:\ProgramData or I think something like… C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

You can probably just type %appdata% into the Address bar in Windows Explorer to access it.
Old 2012-07-09, 18:46   Link #7640
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Just now I reinstalled Episode 4, and at a certain point in Episode 2, on-scripter closes itself once text comes up (and it happens everywhere through 3 & 4 as well).

I used the DVD version of the most recent installer on the WH website.

Tags
translation