AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 13.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 34.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 20.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 13.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-22, 18:11   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post

Aahh

And Chaos2Frozen...I lol'd

I'm honored to have made you lol'd.
Old 2007-04-22, 18:12   Link #62
Meophist

Just watched the episode. Kinda wow…

In any case, it looks like the next episode is going to be Caro and Erio's real introduction. Hopefully by then the introductions are over.
Old 2007-04-22, 18:28   Link #63
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmm, I should spread abit on that...

Chrono: I'm home...
Lindy: Chrono! What happened to you?
Chrono: Sigh... Lets just say I've finally belled the cat...
Lindy: Huh?
Chrono: Never mind... By the way mother?
Lindy: Yes?
Chrono: What did you do to get your Admiral promotion?
Lindy: Ah... That was one of my fondest memories of my youth. Your father came to my room one n-
Chrono: Never mind.

(2 minutes later...)

Lindy: I tried to say no but he kept-
Chrono: You can stop now.

(5 minutes later...)

Lindy: And thats how we got you
Chrono: ...
Lindy: Why do you want to know anyway?

(1 hour later...)

Fate: I'm home.
Chrono: Welcome back...
Fate: Chrono? What happened? You look terrible!
Chrono: Fate, whatever you do, no matter what they say, DON'T try to become an Admiral.
Fate: Eh?
LOL. I had tears in my eyes for five mins. after reading this . Another great Masterpiece by Master Chaos (Not a joke )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist
Just watched the episode. Kinda wow…

In any case, it looks like the next episode is going to be Caro and Erio's real introduction. Hopefully by then the introductions are over.
For once I agree with you.
Old 2007-04-22, 18:46   Link #64
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
For once I agree with you.
"For once", huh?

I personally don't mind the prolonged introductions, but it seems others do.
Old 2007-04-22, 19:11   Link #65
Zehros
Imber Kidou!

Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2007-04-22, 19:19   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Poor poor Chrono, who knew that the path to being an admiral was such a tough one. Absolutely hilarious, but I feel bad for the guy. Maybe this is why he's been somewhere safe away from Nanoha and co for the first few episodes.

Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2007-04-22, 20:03   Link #67
Aaron008R

Ahh... A four-page discussion already! Quite nice.
In any case, from what I've read in you guys' posts:
- I never expected the limiter. Though I find it quite reasonable, given the one holding the most powerful one (Hayate) under control. (Poor guy)
- Seems like I was right about them getting a hit on Nanoha. (But, AA )
- It looks like the Forwars Stars are really warming up quite quickly to Caro. I guess the little-imouto image helps. Though leaving out the dragon was quite unexpected.
- As usual, excellent work with your mini-fics Chaos2Frozen! Ne, do you think you could make a scenario on how Chrono managed to subdue Hayate and Co.? PLEASE?
- Anyway, anybody else think we might get a glimpse of Lutecia next ep?
Old 2007-04-22, 20:08   Link #68
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ahh... A four-page discussion already! Quite nice.
In any case, from what I've read in you guys' posts:
- I never expected the limiter. Though I find it quite reasonable, given the one holding the most powerful one (Hayate) under control. (Poor guy)
- Seems like I was right about them getting a hit on Nanoha. (But, AA )
- It looks like the Forwars Stars are really warming up quite quickly to Caro. I guess the little-imouto image helps. Though leaving out the dragon was quite unexpected.
- As usual, excellent work with your mini-fics Chaos2Frozen! Ne, do you think you could make a scenario on how Chrono managed to subdue Hayate and Co.? PLEASE?
Maybe we will get a glimpse of her. Agree with the mini-fic suggestion .
Old 2007-04-22, 21:35   Link #69
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Heh, I called it didn't I? (Well, sorf of...) I had a feeling that he'll make that one hit

As for that Scenario... Give me awhile to conjure the perfect one...

edit: I myself want to pull it off, but unsure which way to go about doing it... brb in a few hours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

I have a feeling it's still bit too early (Don't ask why I felt so, I don't know either...)...

But if she does show up, it's probably be on the train...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-22 at 21:46.
Old 2007-04-22, 22:03   Link #70
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Interesting. Some thoughts.

The Limiters placed within the trio was a surprise and sets up for a Bleach/DBZ parody...

(Heck, it's three for three for a Bleach parody. The following is based on Ep0121 of Bleach)

TSAB (over the intercom): "Investigator Fate Harlaown of Riot Force 6! You are hereby authorised to use full force!"
Fate (recovers and parries an attack): "Thank you. Nanoha! Hayate! We've got permission to break the restriction!"
Nanoha: "It finally came?"
Hayate: "It's about damn time!"
End-Boss: "What's this?"
Trio: "Limiter, RELEASE!"
End-Boss: "Did you say, "Limiter, release"?!"
Mid-Boss: "What is that?"

(cue combat music as the trio powers-up)

Nanoha: "Limiter, release."
Hayate: "In order to avoid unnecessary collateral damage in our surroundings, the three of us..."
Fate: "... had our magical potential drastically limited by means of a limiter."
Nanoha: "The total amount of power sealed is 80% of our maximum. In other words..."
Hayate (beating the unholy crap out of Mid-Boss): "We're all... five times stronger now!"

(cue mass carnage as the trio lay the beatdown on their opponents)
~~~~ ~~~~

I am beginning to believe more in my theory that Caro is Lucetia. The increased focus on her seems to point to this.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-22, 22:17   Link #71
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I am beginning to believe more in my theory that Caro is Lucetia. The increased focus on her seems to point to this.

Cheers.
I don't think so anymore. I think the increased forcus on her is due to the lack of focus on her previously. We still don't know much about her.

On a separate note, you guys's talk is starting to remind me of the last boss of Star Ocean 2, who had a limiter.
Old 2007-04-22, 22:19   Link #72
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Heh, I called it didn't I? (Well, sorf of...) I had a feeling that he'll make that one hit

As for that Scenario... Give me awhile to conjure the perfect one...

edit: I myself want to pull it off, but unsure which way to go about doing it... brb in a few hours...
Haven't done something like this in a while...I'm not as good as you, but it has many possibilities, so let me try one...

Spoiler:

Maybe that's why we don't see Chrono anywhere. He's in hiding after some cracks in his cover.

But AA huh... It's kind of hard to imagine full-powered Arf/Zafira equal on par with the aces, even with limiters.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-23, 00:03   Link #73
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Interesting. Some thoughts.

The Limiters placed within the trio was a surprise and sets up for a Bleach/DBZ parody...

(Heck, it's three for three for a Bleach parody. The following is based on Ep0121 of Bleach)

TSAB (over the intercom): "Investigator Fate Harlaown of Riot Force 6! You are hereby authorised to use full force!"
Fate (recovers and parries an attack): "Thank you. Nanoha! Hayate! We've got permission to break the restriction!"
Nanoha: "It finally came?"
Hayate: "It's about damn time!"
End-Boss: "What's this?"
Trio: "Limiter, RELEASE!"
End-Boss: "Did you say, "Limiter, release"?!"
Mid-Boss: "What is that?"

(cue combat music as the trio powers-up)

Nanoha: "Limiter, release."
Hayate: "In order to avoid unnecessary collateral damage in our surroundings, the three of us..."
Fate: "... had our magical potential drastically limited by means of a limiter."
Nanoha: "The total amount of power sealed is 80% of our maximum. In other words..."
Hayate (beating the unholy crap out of Mid-Boss): "We're all... five times stronger now!"

(cue mass carnage as the trio lay the beatdown on their opponents)
~~~~ ~~~~
My version goes more like this shorty...

Chrono: RAISING HEARTO!!!! OPERATION APPROVED!!!
Shario: ROGER! RAISING HEARTO! SAFETY DEVICE RELIEVE!!!
Nanoha: YOOSHA!!! BUSTER CONNECT! RAISING HEART!!

You figure it out from there

Anyways, limiters are quite the logical way to contain very high power mages like the aces so as to prevent... erhm, collateral damage. Point of worry though: if the villains somehow gain access to those limiters, then our Aces are gonna be screwed

*gets raw for further comment*

And btw, more SRW references FTW

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-23, 00:05   Link #74
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Anyways, limiters are quite the logical way to contain very high power mages like the aces so as to prevent... erhm, collateral damage. Point of worry though: if the villains somehow gain access to those limiters, then our Aces are gonna be screwed

*gets raw for further comment*

And btw, more SRW references FTW
I think shamal with her niffty magic hands coul dremove those limiters in a jiffy.
Old 2007-04-23, 00:14   Link #75
Skane
Anime Snark

Hmm... one thought though.

Chrono was ranked AAA+ in A's, and I don't think he has a Limiter... or does he? With or without a Limiter, and if Chrono's ranking remained stagnant, this would mean that Chrono is currently higher ranked than the trio due to their Limiters.

And if it is revealed that Chrono was AAA+ at the age of 14 WITH a Limiter... then good grief, let the "shounen" elements begin.

Chrono: "My name is Chrono Harlaown, and you have injured my sister. Prepare to die."

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-23, 00:21   Link #76
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Now where had I seen something similar before... It sounded a lot like what I wrote.

I can't see Hayate's being this enthusiatic though. Chrono would most likely purposely fumble the keys in his pocket, or take his sweet time like the GGG Final Chief. No, not the golf club one.

And god no, no villains getting their hands on insurance that limits the good guys power thing. Nanoha and co. are strong, but they aren't at Dark Schnieder or Alucard's level of haxx. I want villians that will force those limiters to be released. (( which means seeing Chrono as well ))

Quote:

Chrono was ranked AAA+ in A's, and I don't think he has a Limiter... or does he? With or without a Limiter, and if Chrono's ranking remained stagnant, this would mean that Chrono is currently higher ranked than the trio due to their Limiters.

And if it is revealed that Chrono was AAA+ at the age of 14 WITH a Limiter... then good grief, let the "shounen" elements begin.

Chrono: "My name is Chrono Harlaown, and you have injured my sister. Prepare to die."
LOL. Maybe that's why his current magic rank isn't revealed. It's EX rank. And he's given new ships to command at his age so that he wouldn't need to sortie. :P

Nah. It's probably some form of technical retcon/additional universal add-on. Or maybe Chrono doesn't need one because he knows what it means to be rational...doesn't really make too much sense if you look into it too technically, but whatever.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-23, 00:31   Link #77
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Now where had I seen something similar before... It sounded a lot like what I wrote.

I can't see Hayate's being this enthusiatic though. Chrono would most likely purposely fumble the keys in his pocket, or take his sweet time like the GGG Final Chief. No, not the golf club one.

And god no, no villains getting their hands on insurance that limits the good guys power thing. Nanoha and co. are strong, but they aren't at Dark Schnieder or Alucard's level of haxx. I want villians that will force those limiters to be released. (( which means seeing Chrono as well ))
^ Yep, I think you did write something like that before.

And Chrono could at least appear badass when inserting the key (as inherited from Lindy XD).

And Hayate doesn't need to copy Nanoha's style...

Rein: FUSION!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-23, 00:34   Link #78
Aaron008R

Quote:

Cheers.
Ahaha... Now isn't that a little TOO broken? The Hiko Seijuro XIII of Nanohaverse? That would explain his infrequent fights.

But jokes aside, as of right now I am supposing Chrono's mage rank is around S+ or possibly higher. Though the limiter system have been recently (my own speculation ) implemented, I doubt that TSAB would place it upon a famous Admiral. But then, who knows? I don't mind what they do, but they should at least give him a solo-battle with a boss-class opponent. It would be a waste if he stayed at the command post inside his ship for the entire season.
Running along those thoughts, they should also give Hayate some more combat time rather than show her dropping ceremonial spells. I'm sure they'll get to that eventually though so no worries there.
Old 2007-04-23, 01:09   Link #79
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the limiters were probably place when the tsba got the first of many bills for the colleteral damage when fate/nanoha/hayate went
to make some friends
Old 2007-04-23, 01:52   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, in another reference to the recent Bleach episodes... Like another Leader, Chrono also uses freezing spells now...

Sadly, as much as I wish it was true, I'm thinking that the limiters were place on the three of them BECAUSE of their recklessness... But if thats not the case, then maybe they only place them on S rank or higher personnels?

Anyway, I couldn't come up with a good enough scenario yet, but here's the side dish...

(I really enjoyed your script Nightengale, so much so I borrowed a small part of it...)

-----------------------------------------------------

"How to become Admiral in 10 days..."

[Panel 1: Option A - The Direct Approach]

(A battered and bruised Chrono lie motionless on the ground
surrounded by the knights with their weapons drawn...)

Vita: I'm gonna lay the smack down on ya!
Signum: You have quite the nerve, Harlaown...
Shamal: I hate... This kind of men the most!
Rein: NOBODY touches Hayate!
Zafila: ...

[Panel 2: Option B - Asking for Help]

(In England...)

Lotte: Gah! Our little Chro-suke's all grown up!
Graham: Alia, can I trust you to make the special arrangements?
Alia: Yes sir, Ab-so-lute-ly
Chrono: NO! Wait! You're not listening...!

[Panel 3: Option C - Ignoring the Problem]

(Outside the Saint Church... Chrono got kicked out...)

Carim: How could you, Chrono!We entrusted our beloved little sister to your care!
Acous: Why didn't you place the limiter like you were told to?
Carim: Now Hayate's hurt as well as thousands of other innocent woodland creatures!
Acous: With billions in property damage...

Chrono: I... Thought it wasn't important at the time?

(Both Velka-users activate their barrier jackets...)

[Panel 4: The "Failsafe" Option]

(At home...)

Arf: What are you doing?
Chrono: Taking up another insurance, updating my will, making ceremonial arrangements... The usuals...
Arf: Sounds... Complicating.
Chrono: Life is.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Lesson One - A Good Admiral plans ahead for his battles"

(Hope it met some expectations for now... )
Closed Thread