AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-20, 06:42   Link #23641
HasuMasu
Diamond is Unbreakable
*Artist

Best one yet.

Though again the shiny black stickers are absent on the knees.
Old 2011-12-20, 06:48   Link #23642
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
AoZ's Gundam Kestrel color scheme fits perfectly.
Old 2011-12-20, 08:17   Link #23643
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

I finally found the time to finish this one.
Spoiler for SD 00 Raiser:

What do you guys think?

Oh, and I also noticed that we barely post any of our recently finished kits nowadays.
Old 2011-12-20, 08:41   Link #23644
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
I finally found the time to finish this one.
What do you guys think?

Oh, and I also noticed that we barely post any of our recently finished kits nowadays.
Did you already painted it, coz it looks great. It's bean a long time since I build an SD. How about the articulation of that one, is it good?

I've finished and posted one kit recently, but it's not a gundam .
Old 2011-12-20, 09:43   Link #23645
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Did you already painted it, coz it looks great. It's bean a long time since I build an SD. How about the articulation of that one, is it good?
It's painted alright! In terms of articulation, the only thing I've really hated about this kit are the whole build of the arms, from shoulders to wrists. Limited movement towards the side, doesn't use the usual ball joint wrists and shoulder joints(tends to pop the whole arm off due to weight issues). Then there's the tail of the 0 Raiser which tends to fall off when you attach it to the 00 Gundam and the rather loose waist armor. Though what I like about the kit is its ability to stand on one foot, nice articulation of the head, legs can split sidewards to a fair distance with its feet still flat on the floor, solid joints(except the shoulders). Overall, I have to say that this is a great SD kit, though the weight issues of the arms still bug me though.
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I've finished and posted one kit recently, but it's not a gundam .
The Eva was it?

Next kits for me to finish are the SD Force Impulse Gundam (you can see it at the background of the 00 pics) and a 1/100 YF-29 Dyrandal Valkyrie Sheryl Marking Ver.
Old 2011-12-20, 10:56   Link #23646
Appel

oh that looks nice! =D the new SD kits really do look awesome! im not a fan of the whole deformed thing but for such simple kits they really do look pretty impressive!

speaking of impressive (and since we were on the topic of action figures recently), i got my revoltech jehuty anubis version in the mail today :P
and to be honest, im blown away by the quality of the figure. the paintjob is simply amazing! its not as good as an actual model kit but still, i am VERY pleased!
so yeah, if you ever wanted to pick up a revoltech figure, go ahead and do it. they are great!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 20:04   Link #23647
suiton629
Master Grade Master

AG 1/144 Gundam AGE-2 Normal – New Official Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17520

HGUC 1/144 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee [Destroy Mode] – Large Box Art & Other Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17543

HGUC 1/144 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee [Unicorn Mode] – Large Box Art & Other Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17532

BB Sensei Gundam AGE-1 Normal, Titus & Spallow – New Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17540

Looking at these, I still wonder what MG series kits I should collect...

Unicorn or AGE...

This is hard coming from the fact that I love the 00 series quite a lot as you all probably know.
Old 2011-12-20, 20:28   Link #23648
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
AG 1/144 Gundam AGE-2 Normal New Official Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17520

HGUC 1/144 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee [Destroy Mode] Large Box Art & Other Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17543

HGUC 1/144 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee [Unicorn Mode] Large Box Art & Other Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17532

BB Sensei Gundam AGE-1 Normal, Titus & Spallow New Images
http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=17540

Looking at these, I still wonder what MG series kits I should collect...

Unicorn or AGE...

This is hard coming from the fact that I love the 00 series quite a lot as you all probably know.
just buy those that you like :O you dont have to stick to a series :P i like unicorn and OO as well but im not buying EVERY kit from these lines^^
in the end it really just depends on your taste and the size of your wallet! XD
Old 2011-12-20, 20:34   Link #23649
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
just buy those that you like :O you dont have to stick to a series :P i like unicorn and OO as well but im not buying EVERY kit from these lines^^
in the end it really just depends on your taste and the size of your wallet! XD
I like how Unicorn is epic, but I also like how AGE is a brand new series and the AGE-2 Normal looks pretty damn awesome.

>_<

I collect leads in MG and leads in 1/100 No Grade only if a MG is not available.
Old 2011-12-20, 20:45   Link #23650
Appel

Quote:
I like how Unicorn is epic, but I also like how AGE is a brand new series and the AGE-2 Normal looks pretty damn awesome.

>_<

I collect leads in MG and leads in 1/100 No Grade only if a MG is not available.
if you like it, buy it^^ this aint rocket science
Old 2011-12-20, 21:31   Link #23651
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
if you like it, buy it^^ this aint rocket science
I know it isn't rocket science, but it's money man. I'm not made out of money. I have things like bills and "real life" expenses (like groceries...) to spend money on.

>_<

And video games are my main hobby followed by manga (that I want to start collecting as soon as I have some extra cash). GunPla is a mini side hobby and I don't want to get so involved in it for too long since it'll take up too much money, time, and space in my bed room...

T_T

Now if someone is willing to gift me some GunPla, I will gladly accept. But aside from that, I'm left with buying it with my left over money.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:39   Link #23652
Appel

Quote:
I know it isn't rocket science, but it's money man. I'm not made out of money. I have things like bills and "real life" expenses (like groceries...) to spend money on.

>_<

And video games are my main hobby followed by manga (that I want to start collecting as soon as I have some extra cash). GunPla is a mini side hobby and I don't want to get so involved in it for too long since it'll take up too much money, time, and space in my bed room...

T_T

Now if someone is willing to gift me some GunPla, I will gladly accept. But aside from that, I'm left with buying it with my left over money.
yeah, this isnt exactly a cheap hobby. just buy a MG once a month or so, thats how im doing it and its working pretty well for me. and besides, there wont be THAT many MG OO, unicorn and AGE kits anymore and they will sell and produce them for years to come, so its not like you are missing anything by buying them at a slower rate!
Old 2011-12-20, 21:50   Link #23653
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

>_<

T_T

Then do what I do and stick with gaming as much as possible, better to not fret over what to get next and what not with gunpla.
I also prioritize gaming, manga and even other plastic kit models over gunpla.
I'd only suggest getting something if you really really think it's worth it and more importantly really really want it.
I mean I wanted the Hi-Nu but didn't actually have the money for it, only by borrowing some did I manage to get it(still bummed at the sale thingy tho).
From here on out I won't be buying anything for months to come.

Altho saying that I've got this sudden urge to get myself a 1/350 Yamato!!
Now thats what I call a center piece
Old 2011-12-20, 21:52   Link #23654
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Then do what I do and stick with gaming as much as possible, better to not fret over what to get next and what not with gunpla.
I also prioritize gaming, manga and even other plastic kit models over gunpla.
I'd only suggest getting something if you really really think it's worth it and more importantly really really want it.
I mean I wanted the Hi-Nu but didn't actually have the money for it, only by borrowing some did I manage to get it(still bummed at the sale thingy tho).
From here on out I won't be buying anything for months to come.

Altho saying that I've got this sudden urge to get myself a 1/350 Yamato!!
Now thats what I call a center piece
the regular yamato from WWII or THE space battleship yamato? because thats one of the most amazing kits i have ever seen!
Old 2011-12-20, 22:30   Link #23655
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
the regular yamato from WWII or THE space battleship yamato? because thats one of the most amazing kits i have ever seen!
Regular Yamato from WWII my friend, nothing beats those 1/350 battleships, they are stunning models.

You know if I could I would build a 1/144 aircraft carrier(I know it would be massive) but make it so it could handle 1/144 gundams.
That would be just awesome!
Old 2011-12-20, 22:33   Link #23656
Appel

Quote:
Regular Yamato from WWII my friend, nothing beats those 1/350 battleships, they are stunning models.

You know if I could I would build a 1/144 aircraft carrier(I know it would be massive) but make it so it could handle 1/144 gundams.
That would be just awesome!
that would be freaking amazing... it doesnt even have to be the full carrier, just a portion of the flight deck would be badass enough^^
Old 2011-12-20, 22:46   Link #23657
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
that would be freaking amazing... it doesnt even have to be the full carrier, just a portion of the flight deck would be badass enough^^
Well a flight deck that is kinda modernized with a gundam catapult and stuff that look the part would be pretty good on it's own but when you see something like this, you know you would have to go all the all and build the whole thing

But in order to accommodate Gundams as in the under deck hangers and get a real sense of scale I think you'd actually have to build it slightly bigger.

I do like the ships within the gundam universe but they still don't have anything on carriers of these types
Old 2011-12-20, 22:47   Link #23658
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Speaking of battleships, I was thinking of getting the USS Enterprise(aircraft carrier) myself.

Out of curiosity, Appel, did you enter the best straight build contest at gundamguy? I saw a contestant named Appel.
Old 2011-12-20, 22:50   Link #23659
Appel

Quote:
Well a flight deck that is kinda modernized with a gundam catapult and stuff that look the part would be pretty good on it's own but when you see something like this, you know you would have to go all the all and build the whole thing

But in order to accommodate Gundams as in the under deck hangers and get a real sense of scale I think you'd actually have to build it slightly bigger.

I do like the ships within the gundam universe but they still don't have anything on carriers of these types
i just found that site, too! those are some damn fine scratchbuilds! :O
it would be great to see actual carriers for the models. right now all you can do is put it in a pose on an action base... thats it. there are only a few cases where you can actually buy seperate models that support each other or form a simple diorama all by themselves. a mobile suit on a plane or other carrier would work beautifully for that^^
Old 2011-12-21, 00:48   Link #23660
HasuMasu
Diamond is Unbreakable
*Artist

HG Banshee looking awesome as expected, while Spallow looks surprisingly good as an SD.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy