AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-16, 14:31   Link #2341
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

(from a few pages ago)

The only way I can see Kyon-chan slapping Haruki in Closed Space working is if she sets up for the slap, starts the motion, then then comes back to reality while in swing, throwing herself out of bed and crashing to the floor. Never making contact with Haruki.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:34   Link #2342
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Hmm, that would allow for Haruki not noticing, and therefore being satisfied...
________
Kawasaki KR250

Last edited by unmoldedtruck; 2011-01-24 at 20:08.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:35   Link #2343
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan~ View Post
I still don't think we need to let Kyonko connect; I'm thinking that it would require major plot rewrites downstream. But we do need to maintain the threat of Kyon, who is somewhat larger and stronger than average, punching Haruhi in the face. The only way I can think of to do that would be to give Kyonko some kind of weapon (i.e., consider bashing Haruki over the head with the camera) or have her contemplating blows to particularly vital parts of the body where a girl can still cause real harm to a guy. (Throat, family jewels, etc.)
Not so sure about that. I've noticed that after the 2nd volume, Kyon usually keeps Haruhi in line verbally, rather than having to resort to physical restraint. The only time he ever even tried to resort to physical force was this one incident. (EDIT:Forget this. I forgot about the non linear time line)

I don't think we should have Kyonko going for low blows or anything, just a right hook to his face, and allot of anger. Having her try to go to the throat, or going for a weapon just seems like to great of an escalation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
(from a few pages ago)

The only way I can see Kyon-chan slapping Haruki in Closed Space working is if she sets up for the slap, starts the motion, then then comes back to reality while in swing, throwing herself out of bed and crashing to the floor. Never making contact with Haruki.
I don't like the slap Idea, I say we not incorporate it.

We know Kyonko is gonna be in denial, but she doesn't seem the type that would actually hit a person they were kissing because they started responding very well.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2008-03-16 at 14:47.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:44   Link #2344
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think he should jump off the roof and then stab her in the gut. Makes for more AWESOME.

Also, I just looked a Jason's blog, and OH MY GOD 92 COMMENTS WTF.

This is really starting to scare me.

Edit: @panzerfan: Wait, they're on the school roof? I thought they were in front of the school...
Ryou will have the high ground somehow. Then we can incorporate Sephiroth style villainy.

Quote:
Sorry, I haven't read much of the novels. That short, choppy style on BT ... it's like getting repeatedly slapped in the face with a soggy fish.

As soon as I figure out which novel Season II is covering I'll read all the others. I feel that the first season was better done than the translation of the first novel, and I don't want to spoil myself.
Novel 4. And the novels are supposed to sound like that. Kyon thinks/speaks that way all the time.

Quote:
@Panzer: um, all I see is that Nagato-san should be hyphenated and the gender of Asakura is off? Other than that looks great.
Panzer said he was gonna do it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Actually continuing the Comp Club leader as male would have more impact. A pic of a guy grabbing a guys package holds more weight then a chick grabbing a guys package imho and would appeal to that section of the watchers who get into that sort of thing.
Complete genderswap. No exceptions.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:01   Link #2345
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I didn't say the slapping should be done. I just think that a no contact is the only possible way for it to work if it was used.

The Derailed crowd comes pre-broken, just in many different ways. Most involving Minami-ke in one way of another. THis is why I was thinking Haruki should be styled on Hosaka rather than Kamina.

Endless Eight Higurashi? Who gets to be Rena?
Old 2008-03-16, 15:09   Link #2346
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Believe it or not, Kyon. Nagato and Koizumi sharing Rika, Asahina slightly Hanyuu, and K1+Mion would be Suzumiya.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:14   Link #2347
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kyonko as Rena....I think I'm in love.
Old 2008-03-16, 15:21   Link #2348
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Kyonko as Rena....I think I'm in love.
That reminds me of this video.

I can't wait until a Mirai Nikki anime comes out so they'll make AMV's of it with this song...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:29   Link #2349
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody part 1:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:19   Link #2350
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Announcement!

Announcement: Baka-Tsuki Seitenkan cult member backlog cleared, and all are approved. Knock yourselves out.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2008-03-16, 16:43   Link #2351
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Spoiler for The Blackmail of the Computer Club President:
*Point to one post above yours*
Old 2008-03-16, 17:00   Link #2352
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

I finally posted this at the B-T illustration thread. It's the moment before Haruki seriously starts blackmailing the Computer club president. I hope it does well. I changed Haruki a little from what he was like in my earlier images... Made him more, well, manly

Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody part 1:
I don't know how to say this, but "yay" for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (one of my favourite chapters). You wrote it really well too... Can't wait for part 2
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:11   Link #2353
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@Puffendahl: I have no qualm whatsoever regarding the choice of characters there! It's beautiful. How you have different sizing squares is also vital in showing importance of individual expression in the scene.

The only thing that I am going to nitpick on is the white spacing inbetween the squares and how the squares are spliced in this case. You need to fully utilize that space allotted as we're assuming this is going on a book, so the squares need to be close and totally occupying that one page, while without ending up as 4 rectangles. Noizi Ito sensei's approach is one background with one split screen, slanted to the direction of the characters.

An example with how Ito split the panels is an illustration done for volume 5, on The day of Sagittarius. I think that lining up Asahina's bottom to that of Kyon's would fill the requirement of taking up the page.

EDIT1:

Saw edited image. That should do it. You can even reduce the size of Kyon's square to get it to match the bottom of Asahina's.

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-16 at 17:46.
Old 2008-03-16, 17:21   Link #2354
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
*Point to one post above yours*
It was in your post? Ah sorry, the thumbnail didn't load for me for some reason.

Is this posted as well?

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:26   Link #2355
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
@Puffendahl: I have no qualm whatsoever regarding the choice of characters there! It's beautiful. How you have different sizing squares is also vital in showing importance of individual expression in the scene.

The only thing that I am going to nitpick on is the white spacing inbetween the squares and how the squares are spliced in this case. You need to fully utilize that space allotted as we're assuming this is going on a book, so the squares need to be close and totally occupying that one page, while without ending up as 4 rectangles. Noizi Ito sensei's approach is one background with one split screen, slanted to the direction of the characters.

An example with how Ito split the panels is an illustration done for volume 5, on The day of Sagittarius. I think that lining up Asahina's bottom to that of Kyon's would fill the requirement of taking up the page.
I see your point... I should probably fix it. Though it feels I a bit late now... Maybe I should have posted it here first. I just got a bit too exited after finishing it

I didn't pay much attention to the squares, other than making sure that the lines are smooth and straight. I'll be more careful from now on. Thank you for pointing it out.

EDIT: fixed it. I hope I did it right, I was too impatient to check the Noizi Ito art

Last edited by Puffendahl; 2008-03-16 at 17:37.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:39   Link #2356
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Spoiler for image:

Hmmmmmmmm... It appears that Asakura decided that he'd get an acceptable reaction from Haruki by turning Kyonko into his plaything.
Old 2008-03-16, 17:50   Link #2357
CatzCradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Spoiler for image:

Hmmmmmmmm... It appears that Asakura decided that he'd get an acceptable reaction from Haruki by turning Kyonko into his plaything.
Yes. Personally, I think that would be AWESOME. It just seems like a more appropriate way to get a reaction due to the genderswap. Any chances of something like this being integrated to the story as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
It was in your post? Ah sorry, the thumbnail didn't load for me for some reason.

Is this posted as well?

I don't think that's been posted yet. But it looks great nonetheless. We need more BL genderswap here!

CatzCradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:51   Link #2358
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzCradle View Post
Yes. Personally, I think that would be AWESOME. It just seems like a more appropriate way to get a reaction due to the genderswap. Any chances of something like this being integrated to the story as well?
I don't think it would work in the main series

Seriously, we need to form an omake file for all these silly idea's.
Old 2008-03-16, 17:56   Link #2359
JediNight
キズランダム

About the Kyonko kissing/slapping in Closed Space: I don't understand why she would try to slap him in the first place? Bc in the original it's Kyon initiating the kiss. Are you saying in this version it would be Haruki initiating the kiss? I was thinking it would still be Kyonko...

And as for that Jason's blog about Clannad.... just doesn't work as well IMHO. Turns it into a reverse-harem show, and the pics are bad imho
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 18:03   Link #2360
Tangowr

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan