AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-11-06, 00:01   Link #1
4n1m3
Custom made avatar. ^^

Question The first anime you ever saw

What kind of impression did it have on you?

It's kind of hard to remember... but I think it might have been either Transformers or Sailormoon. I didn't really watch transformers much, but I do remember Sailormoon. That show made a good impression on me becuase of Tuxedo Mask. Of course I was like 5 years old so I thought he was ULTRA cool. ^^
4n1m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 00:10   Link #2
importkid

Send a message via AIM to importkid
i think it was dragon ball z
importkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 00:12   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ninja Scroll the movie..In the conclusion, when Jubei was sitting on the bank of a river bed and the fireflies were every where..That scene was burned into my memory and from then I strived for more and more and more to the point of becoming an anime junky...oh wait,,I am an anime junky..
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 00:19   Link #4
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

Astro Boy if that counts, I was so young back then I didn't really distinguish cartoons and anime. It's possible I watched something before that, but I wouldn't remember. Otherwise, it'd probably be Akira. I have Akira on DVD, but when I watch it, I remember it looking so much better lol, I guess it's that way with all things.
::faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:15   Link #5
duenna
Kougaiji no Miko

Send a message via ICQ to duenna Send a message via AIM to duenna
heh i dont remember but the first anime i saw that i KNEW was anime was Sailor Moon when it came on tv loooong time ago XD
duenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:31   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

OH gads dude, it was so long ago I can't remember. My best guess as to what the first anime was that I saw, it's one of 3 possibilities.

Voltron, Thundercats, or Starblazers. Not sure which came first, but it's one of those 3.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:35   Link #7
EliteJounin

The first ones i saw was Ranma, Samurai Pizza Cats, and Dragonball... i think there is more though...
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:38   Link #8
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i was born in a country thats as far to japan as LA is to San Fransisco. Korea, so anime was rather big and the air time of the krn dubbed was really less than a month after it aired in Japan, especially cuz japanese anime has TONS of Krn animators (so does disney actually).

the frst anime i watched couldve been when i was like 10 months old since i heard my uncle was kinda into it, and my aunt worked for Sony/sega forgot which. I remember watching Sonic in 1989/90. I watched Mario around that time. I used to read Dragonball when i was about 5 or so. (around 92, 93) but i dont know wat the FIRST anime was. The anime that really got me into anime again was One Piece. (yea i stopped for a while, but not completely) One Piece is great~
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:40   Link #9
Akkarael
Onigiri

Key: the Metal Idol. They used to show episodes of it on my local PBS station back in 1998 and I'd watch it every once in a while. Half the time I couldn't figure out what was going on... I guess that was part of the attraction.

It wasn't until some 3 years later, though, that some college friends sat me down in front of Macross Plus (subbed!) and I was overwhelmed by the visuals, music, and drama of it all. I've been watching ever since!
Akkarael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:46   Link #10
werellar
sugoi tabe sutairu!

now i feel kinda old, heh.

the first when i knew what anime was would be gunnm(Battle angel alita), but before that, when i thought they were just cartoons, it was Robotech. Then Macross, and then Voltron. Believe it or not, there was a silly Godzilla for a short time, which there were more comics sold through marvel than cartoon episodes.

In reality, anime/manga has been around since the 60's (i wasn't born then, i know what your thinking...)
werellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:49   Link #11
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......

Ninji the Wonder Boy!!! Saw it when I was like five and rented it all the time. At the time I didnt know what anime was but could tell that there was something special about the way it was done. To bad it has disappeared off the face of the earth as far as I know.
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 03:21   Link #12
citizenP
Inactive Member

My real first anime was this show where the kids went into bible stories via the bible or their flying house(anyone remember the name of this one). But I'd like to say Robotech! Go Robotech!
citizenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 03:32   Link #13
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I don't remember because I grew up watching anime, but I didn't know it was anime since I was so young. Oh My Goddess was the first anime I saw that started my anime addiction.
Old 2003-11-06, 04:04   Link #14
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

ermmm i dont really remember...maybe Venus wars...im not sure lol soz^_^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 04:51   Link #15
Hoshisama
some what spectacular....

hm....... bring back old memories, i think the 1st and still the best anime i watch was Saint Seiya...... i guess i got too obsess w/it tat made my mom freak and threw away all my model.... sob~
Hoshisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 05:26   Link #16
duenna
Kougaiji no Miko

Send a message via ICQ to duenna Send a message via AIM to duenna
ah does anyone remember zelda that used to show on tv?? i remember watching that... was that anime?? or was it usa made? i dunno ^_^;;
duenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 06:05   Link #17
Tboz

Got to be Robotech, especially Macross and Mospedia...

I couldn't get enuff of the missles and the Cyclone transformation bit.

Next will be Transformers...
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 06:13   Link #18
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Hmm, me think that mine was Sailormoon... And it was dubbed in chinese...
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 07:12   Link #19
Mad Cat
You only live once!

Send a message via ICQ to Mad Cat
Macross and Sailor Moon
Mad Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 08:04   Link #20
Lambda

Probably Ulysees 31 or Battle of the Planets. First one I watched as anime would be the first Patlabor film, though I saw a part live-action film with large chunks of Angel's Egg in it before that.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote