AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-06-23, 20:20   Link #1
FrejaOne

anime like "InuYasha meets Kami-sama Hajimemashita"

I very vaguely remember something like this, but I decided to post it here (instead of "help me with the title" thread) in order to get more recs for similar stuff.

Looking for anime that features
1) a relationship in which a girl is mystically tied to some supernatural guy with eventual romance between them, but they start out as an odd pair with the same goal
2) fantasy/supernatural/mystical elements
3) adventure, action, a fantasy quest of some sort

Basically InuYasha (perfect fit, alas, I've already watched all of it) meets Kami-sama Hajimemashita (nice fit but too little action, sometimes it's almost slice of life).
Thanks in advance! ^___^

Other stuff people have already recced:

Brave 10 (a gender reversed version of this type of story, pretty nice though short)
Hitsugime no Chaika (no idea why it was recced because it only fits the fantasy quest part, but I love it nevertheless, great anime)
Fushigi Yuugi
Inu x Boku SS
Tenkuu no Escaflowne
Chrno Crusade
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 04:01   Link #2
Dawnstorm

If you don't mind gender-flipped stuff (supernatural girl + normal guy) maybe try Otome Youkai Zakuro.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 13:59   Link #3
kitten320

I think Angel Beats could fit the bill but the connection is revealed towards the end.

Arata Kangatari could be another nice fit.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - I know that this is not what you want since every character is normal human but characters themselves believe that they are not and there are lots of animation effect that make it look supernatural. Characters also have small quests of their own and main heroine does have mystical vibe to her.

Howl no Ugoku Shiro maybe?

Kanon (2006) - pretty much every heroine has mystical connection to the MC. Supernatural stuff. A bit mystical.

Noragami maybe? Main heroine a normal girl accidentally gets involved with god and her life changes from there.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - other way around, guy gets transported to another world.

Ookami to Koushinryou - a travel who travels the world encounters a girl with wolf ears who refers to herself as god.

Otome Youkai Zakuro - normal human guys and half spirit girls.

Zetsuen no Tempest - I think this could be to your liking. Saying too much would spoil things but main character is a normal guy who secretly dated his best friends sister. Sister was murdered. Her brother is gone. Months later, brother comes back and can use magic thanks to a girl magician that is stuck on an isolated island.

Lots of things and mysteries are going on, something you could enjoy.
Old 2014-06-26, 13:21   Link #4
FrejaOne

Thank you!
I always appreciate more recs.
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 09:17   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you reverse the genders, Spice and Wolf might fit.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote